Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Ships, why do you think yours are best?

Go down 
+11
Ivan2006
MrTargareyan
Groot
Soul of Jack
Hierarch Fenway
Commander Error
ACH0225
Iv121
Caramell
Joel
Luna
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Luna
Recruit
Recruit
Luna

Ships, why do you think yours are best? Empty
PostSubject: Ships, why do you think yours are best?   Ships, why do you think yours are best? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 1:35 am

This is not a story thread, this is more like the choose your weapon thread, so DO NOT lock this. But anyway. Why would your ships win in a battle?
Back to top Go down
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

PostSubject: Re: Ships, why do you think yours are best?   Ships, why do you think yours are best? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 2:01 am

A) It is unwritten law that all ships to be used by the military require at least 1 MAC.
B) Most of my military ships feature a ram.
C) Due to subpar combat shields, heavier armors are used.
D) Most modern shields and some older shields of others mainly protect from energy weaponry, kinetics can be more effective.
E) Boarding pods are on mot larger combat vessels and some smaller ones, standard escape pods can be used as an improvised version.
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

PostSubject: Re: Ships, why do you think yours are best?   Ships, why do you think yours are best? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 2:41 am

During the rule of the Technotronic Dictatorship, ships, weapons and other equipment mostly just had experimental design and technology to see if it worked.

The ships, vehicles, weapons etc. currently being produced and developed for the armed forces of the Zuguthian Empire are more focused on being tough and able to handle strong attacks; strong shields and heavy armor.
Weapons still use the Technotronic particle technology, but are built simpler and sturdier.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Ships, why do you think yours are best?   Ships, why do you think yours are best? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 3:14 am

Well I can only answer what I think will win me battles on these ...

1. Adaptability - Your ships should be possible to use in a large variety of scenarios.
2. The quality of the crew - Eventually its not the tank that wins the battle - but the crew inside it, or a fighter, or a Dreadnaught. Actually consequently the more people are involved in the ship like fighters or bombers the better they perform. Ill give them the technology to stay on par with any other opponent, the rest is up to them, and considering how they were trained and raised they will do their best and beyond.

I took example from our world when technology alone rarely battles. OFC you wont win spears against machine guns but give both the speary side a gun and it becomes a whole other story ...

3. Ballistics - Torpedoes are always a useful weapon. They are somewhat slow and can be shot down, however torpedoes do not care how advanced your shield is, they pass through it and deliver their payload from the distance - and what a payload actually, it can be anything from anti-matter bombs to EM. The fun thing you wont know what kind of warhead there is until it reaches you. You could sneak in an anti-matter bomb among many simply HE ones, torpedoes can become annoying quickly if you don’t have the proper AA cover which would mean your formation ill be weaker to other sorts of attacks ...
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Ships, why do you think yours are best?   Ships, why do you think yours are best? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 3:48 am

BFGs
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Ships, why do you think yours are best?   Ships, why do you think yours are best? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 8:38 am

a) my ships have psionic equipment, allowing them to communicate without any danger of communication interception
b) my ships are planned to be refitted with Illias-class Passive Defense Units, which incorporate [redacted] [redacted] technology as well as [redacted]-units by [redacted]
c) ALL YOUR INTELLIGENCE ARE BELONG TO ME!!!
d) I have the signal to deactivate the [redacted] of the [redacted] used by [redacted], allowing for me to instakill all [redacted].

@Iv: I don't think Shields work like that in the RP. While there might be ones that allow slower-moving objects to pass through, I highly doubt that would work with Strigiforme shields or generally against anyone who invests into defensive measures.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Ships, why do you think yours are best?   Ships, why do you think yours are best? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 9:14 am

1: Strigiforme shields are, power consumption for protection, better than any other shielding systems. This means there can be the same shield for less power, or a better shield for more power.

2: Strigiforme commanders and crew know exactly how much their ships can take and give. They are seldom transferred, and as such may serve on a ship for many decades at a time. They therefore know exactly the capabilities of their ships.

3: All Strigiforme ships have at least 1 multirole fighter-bomber-scout. This gives them a significant tactical advantage over the average ship without strikecraft.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Ships, why do you think yours are best?   Ships, why do you think yours are best? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 9:31 am

Chimaera cannons. Proprietary Taln tech with an output akin to a superlaser apiece (lol no one called me out on that).

Also well rounded ships, inexpensive and ideally plenty of them. As a result, a lot more assets to throw around.
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: Ships, why do you think yours are best?   Ships, why do you think yours are best? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 10:18 am

Quality over quantity. All Commonwealth ships are equipped with the best available technology, along with a balanced mix of kinetic, explosive, and energy weapons. The crew are trained almost constantly, and fleets will work together regularly. No ship faces an enemy alone (minimum 2 ships together) and every full-size fleet has at least one BattleStar in the mix.

Strike craft are bloody everywhere, with every ship (save frigates) carrying at least 12 fighter-bombers. While not the most technologically advanced, the largest, or the best armed of the empires, the Commonwealth's navy can take on just about anything and hold it's own.
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

PostSubject: Re: Ships, why do you think yours are best?   Ships, why do you think yours are best? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 10:43 am

NeoRoman ships are highly adaptable and variable, capable of changing both composition and structure in order to adapt to every situation. The best technology is always used on the ships at all times, and retrofitting and changing are easily accomplished due to every ship's modular nature- modules can be added or taken as needed. Fleets are extremely organized, and hundreds of one-word commands, quickly issued over communications, can drastically alter the fleet layout on the fly.

Armoring and Plating is partially liquid before being hit, and therefore, it is able to shift position in order to better protect certain areas. The Plasma Shields, while not as strong as Strigiforme ones, are layered, allowing for quick adjustments to the shield layout. Engine columns are present not only on the back of the ship, but in every cardinal direction, allowing for extremely quick translation in space. Hulls are designed to reflect and dissipate energy, being angled in a serrated pattern to deflect them.

Technology is a highly guarded secret in most cases. The Fusion Coil Splicer is nearly impossible to replicate without the design specifications and blueprints, for example, due to the unique configuration of the quantum particles that allow it to work. If observed, the structure of the Splicer will change, and without knowing the way it was previously, it cannot be reversed and the Splicer is useless. Every technology uses this wave-function collapse idea to prevent proliferation.

NeoRoman crew are trained to handle any situation and adapt to it on the fly. Every ship has backup and redundant systems, both shielding, FTL, engines, and power in order to quickly switch in the event of the failure of one. Tactical retreats are common, as losses are to be avoided if at all possible, always. Long-range weaponry is very prevalent, and many ships are dedicated long-range FTL weapon platforms in order to destroy fleets in FTL before they arrive.
Back to top Go down
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry
Soul of Jack

PostSubject: Re: Ships, why do you think yours are best?   Ships, why do you think yours are best? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 4:54 pm

1: The ships themselves are geared with the best engines* in the galaxy and the best weapons possible at that moment.

2: Most crew is known to be adaptable and very determined, only backing off when ordered to. They are trained from a very young age to do their job.

3: The OS have billions if not trillions of ships all fully crewed and trained.

*The RAM is the only exception.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Ships, why do you think yours are best?   Ships, why do you think yours are best? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 5:37 pm

Soul of Jack wrote:

3: The OS have billions if not trillions of ships all fully crewed and trained.
Too bad my standard issue superlasers render the point of numbers moot. :3
Back to top Go down
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry
MrTargareyan

PostSubject: Re: Ships, why do you think yours are best?   Ships, why do you think yours are best? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 7:14 pm

1. Valyrian ships are at with Verge radiation cannons, which fire radiation so dense it can rip cavournous holes in ships, and if the decompression doesn't kill you, the radiation probably will.
2. If all else fails half the ships are so pointy you could impale an amoeba
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: Ships, why do you think yours are best?   Ships, why do you think yours are best? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 9:57 am

I love the sheer OPness in this thread. It's great.

I feel like while most of us are balanced, Tiel (superlasers?) and Fen (adaptive armor / self-destructive tech / layed uber-shields?) make up for it.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Ships, why do you think yours are best?   Ships, why do you think yours are best? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 10:29 am

Hey I was honest in my answer, that’s the main futures of my main fleet strength and it is definitely not that OP.

OFC I didn’t say anything about the UTN's specOps which is not something you want to mess with (So did you figure who's got agents inside him huh ? Razz, You'd think that if not at least you can sleep easy however if there was held a lottery with a very little chance to win, but you'll be told that if you win you die, will you sleep easy ?)
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: Ships, why do you think yours are best?   Ships, why do you think yours are best? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 10:52 am

Fleet Admiral Error wrote:
most of us are balanced
Wasn't aiming at you, Iv. You normally do a good job of balancing.
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

PostSubject: Re: Ships, why do you think yours are best?   Ships, why do you think yours are best? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 10:53 am

Liquid armor is a thing. My adaptability is useless against superior tactics- what if a strike force comes in from behind when all shields and armor are focused towards the front? And all those layers are are useless if they can't cover the entire ship. And they can't- Either I have 1 full layer, or 5 tenth layers.

And since ships are so expensive from all these things, ships are extremely valuable and are to be kept alive. Better fail the objective and keep all your ships than lose a battleship and complete the mission, in essence.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Ships, why do you think yours are best?   Ships, why do you think yours are best? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 11:12 am

Fleet Admiral Error wrote:
I love the sheer OPness in this thread. It's great.

I feel like while most of us are balanced, Tiel (superlasers?) and Fen (adaptive armor / self-destructive tech / layed uber-shields?) make up for it.
Oh, if I cleared the [redacted] tags into cleartext, mine would be the most OP, but I don't wanna spoiler you.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Ships, why do you think yours are best?   Ships, why do you think yours are best? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 11:58 am

Ivan2006: Redacting fucking everything since '13

Everyone else: not buying it since '13
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Ships, why do you think yours are best?   Ships, why do you think yours are best? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 12:25 pm

Prototype wrote:
Everyone else: not buying it since '13
a) It's actually late 2012
b) Not buying it unless one is Luna, Fenway, me, someone who knows me IRL, [redacted] or catsonmeth (in theory, provided he logged into my forum for once- ask Fenway for link if you lost it)
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Ships, why do you think yours are best?   Ships, why do you think yours are best? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 12:32 pm

I'm afraid you use them way too much for that explanation to be even remotely practical.

And everyone else got since '13 so you get it too
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Ships, why do you think yours are best?   Ships, why do you think yours are best? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 2:42 pm

Prototype wrote:
I'm afraid you use them way too much for that explanation to be even remotely practical.

And everyone else got since '13 so you get it too
I don't want my explanations to be practical.
I want them to be trolling.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Ships, why do you think yours are best?   Ships, why do you think yours are best? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 3:16 pm

I meant impractical for you
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Ships, why do you think yours are best?   Ships, why do you think yours are best? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 3:43 pm

In a nutshell, Ivan, no one except three people find your use of them either practical or amusing, so it would be in your best interests to cease your overuse of them before that annoyance explodes into fullblown resentment.

I don't know where this place is going.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Ships, why do you think yours are best?   Ships, why do you think yours are best? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 3:50 pm

Tiel+ wrote:
In a nutshell, Ivan, no one except three people find your use of them either practical or amusing, so it would be in your best interests to cease your overuse of them before that annoyance explodes into fullblown resentment.

I don't know where this place is going.
To narnia!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ships, why do you think yours are best?   Ships, why do you think yours are best? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ships, why do you think yours are best?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next