Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Lathemele (REBOOTED)

Go down 
+11
Lightspeed
Ljubljana
Soul of Jack
Luna
Tiel+
MrTargareyan
Groot
ACH0225
Hierarch Fenway
Caramell
MercurySteam
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

Lathemele (REBOOTED) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lathemele (REBOOTED)   Lathemele (REBOOTED) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 12:37 pm

When have you ever not played an owl?
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Lathemele (REBOOTED)   Lathemele (REBOOTED) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 12:40 pm

The first RP we made when we came back here.
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

PostSubject: Re: Lathemele (REBOOTED)   Lathemele (REBOOTED) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 12:43 pm

Oh yeah, that Remains thing right?
Where you played as a mutant wasp owl created by the Strigiforme.

Nope, not even close to being an owl.
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

PostSubject: Re: Lathemele (REBOOTED)   Lathemele (REBOOTED) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 1:10 pm

No owls this time because it makes no sense. Sorry Ach.

BIC:

Sheredyn was silently observing a dispute in one of the back alleys of Mirradassil. His target, a balding man of nearly 50, was harassing one of the younger elves for something. Money, maybe. It didn't matter. What mattered was that the man seemed to resonate with dark energy. Sheredyn hadn't caught any activity yet, but if it works, he should.

He perked up when the young elf picked the man up with magic and threw him across the ally, smashing him on a wall. The man got up, and Sheredyn's suspicions were confirmed- he picked up the young elf and began extracting his life force. It was a twisted sight, the nearly pure soul being ripped out without care. As the elf lost his soul, the man grew visibly younger. And younger. Sheredyn didn't act yet.

After a minute, the elf's body dropped to the ground, lifeless and merely a shell. The man, once balding and wrinkled, was now 30 years younger, with a full mustache and hair, and strikingly handsome features. He crouched down, as is common after absorbing life force- they need to adjust after the new arrival. At this, Sheredyn began marching toward him, throwing off his dark cloak as he walked. The man noticed him and tried to stand up, but not fast enough.

Sheredyn created a bound light sword and thrust it through the man's chest. He removed it again and thrust it through again, this time through his stomach. And again, through his head. The man didn't even scream, he merely stopped moving altogether. His skin hardened to rough, black marble, and began disintegrating. Before long, nothing but ash and his clothes remained. Sheredyn took some of this ash and placed it in a bottle, which he stored in his bag, before coaxing the hundreds of souls he had absorbed out of the remains of his body. With no body to return to, most floated away to the heavens, finally free of their curse.

Two stayed behind. One was a pure light soul, of which had been one of the man's first victims. It merged with Sheredyn momentarily, and then left, leaving some of it's knowledge behind. The man was N'garwrath, one of the most feared necromancers. At least, 100 years ago. He had lost his touch, one might say.

The second was the elf's soul. Sheredyn coaxed it into the elf's body, and as it returned, he left. The Elf woke up, shaking from what seemed to be a nightmare. He remembered Sheredyn and looked around for him, but found only the pile of ash and a large bag of coins next to him.
Back to top Go down
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry
Soul of Jack

PostSubject: Re: Lathemele (REBOOTED)   Lathemele (REBOOTED) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 5:16 pm

Going to play as the Shade here.

BIC:
The Shade watched as the Light Mage killed the 100 or so year old Necromancer. Powerful. He watched as the Mage walked away leaving a large bag of coins behind. The young Elf waked up and looked around resting his eyes on the coins that's when the Shade made his move.
He possessed the young elf.

"Ah that's better."

The Elf pushes himself off the ground and follows the Light Mage.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Lathemele (REBOOTED)   Lathemele (REBOOTED) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 7:22 pm

Soul of Jack wrote:
Going to play as the Shade here.

BIC:
The Shade watched as the Light Mage killed the 100 or so year old Necromancer. Powerful. He watched as the Mage walked away leaving a large bag of coins behind. The young Elf waked up and looked around resting his eyes on the coins that's when the Shade made his move.
He possessed the young elf.

"Ah that's better."

The Elf pushes himself off the ground and follows the Light Mage.
Way to be a dick.
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: Lathemele (REBOOTED)   Lathemele (REBOOTED) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 8:27 pm

OOC: I REALLY need to update the OP with constraints and specifications, expect it later tonight or tomorrow. I'll just expand on light and dark magic's life aspects now, since it's come up. These are really the only ones that I have solid rules for, the elementals aren't nearly so complicated or restrictive.

Light is usually associated with giving life, and dark with taking, however, both have equal ability to kill and enliven. The energy of life that Light deals with is Life Force, the physical power that all beings possess, that can be harvested from a living or, much more easily, a recently dead target. Life Force can be stored in a variety of mediums and is used to cast and enhance advanced light spells. Dark's life component is the soul, the essence of an individual. The reason why Dark is considered synonymous with death is that, in order to extract a soul, its owner must die (souls can also be obtained if one is a Voidwalker, but in that case the individual would have already been dead), and because Dark mages's powers are centered around the Void.

Everyone, just keep those parameters in mind when you write anything light or dark, and life. Dark isn't necessarily evil, it can bring life to long-dead things, and life doesn't represent good, it can be used to kill as well as any other of the arts.
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

PostSubject: Re: Lathemele (REBOOTED)   Lathemele (REBOOTED) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 10:11 pm

OOC: Seems reasonable enough. Let's say the elf was killed, then the soul taken, and the soul was given back with a little life to bring him back. Because.

Sheredyn firmly believes that dark magic is evil, and is on a no-mercy vigilante crusade to eradicate it. Super powerful ruler of the most powerful country who has led it to prosperity? Uses dark magic? Tough luck, dead. Just an example.
Back to top Go down
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry
MrTargareyan

PostSubject: Re: Lathemele (REBOOTED)   Lathemele (REBOOTED) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 1:58 pm

OOC: Sorry for not posting, after 2 days of 7 hours driving back to my house from a holiday home; with a party in the middle, I was too lazy/tired to post anything longer than a half coherent sentence.

Anthiel smiled, his experiment was going well. A faint smile flickered across his lips as the helpless animal squirmed and squeaked before him, soul bleeding from his body, flowing into Anthiels waiting arms, to be devoured in the name of the nameless gods. Energy jolted through him as the rodents soul filled his body; temporarily sating his desire. Experiment done, he got up; and strolled towards the door.
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: Lathemele (REBOOTED)   Lathemele (REBOOTED) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 1:04 am

Bejin walked past the dockhouses and moored ships, the words of the verse fresh on his icy lips, his mind wondering through nostalgic memories of the city, strolling through the fifteen years he spent working out of this harbor. He wondered to himself if he'd ever come back here after his journey. It was just as likely that he'd return to the void as return to this place. Hopefully the Forge would have something to work with. By the gods, it's been near ten years we last spoke, surely he's made his mind. That is, if he hasn't forgotten.

His trail of thought was interrupted by the sight of a young woman rounding a corner near the end of the dock. A badly-aimed chunk of ice flew through the air over the area where the woman was a split-second ago, leaving a trail of vapor in its wake. She sprinted onto the dock, towards Bejin. He stepped to the side to avoid collision, the gust from her rush ruffling his overcoat, just as a dazed ork half-stumbled out of the alleyway and ran onto the planks of the dock platform in pursuit. Bejin looked back to the girl as she slowed, realizing that the pier led to a dead end, then turned back to the pursuer. He channeled manipulative energies through his hand and drove it up through the air. Water shot up between the planks and froze, forming a barrier of ice, which the ork promptly slammed into and dropped, unconscious. The woman spun to face Bejin in a battle stance, her palms flickering with heatwaves. She slowly lowered her hands as she perceived the situation. Makar placed a hand on the grip of one of his pistols, and she extinguished her flames.

She cautiously moved closer to Bejin "Nyx."

"Bejin Makar." He rasped as the wall shattered, raining chunks of ice down on the ork.

"Uhm, thanks. For this."

He nodded, "May I ask why you were running from..." He motioned to the ork, his other hand still drifting near his flintlock.

She glanced at the motionless body. "He was trying to kill or capture me. I payed him but either it wasn't enough or he thought he could get more. I'm not going to quarrel with you. You can keep your gun in it's holster."

He crossed his arms behind his back. It didn't seem she was lying, but he examined her expression carefully before speaking. "Very well, Nyx. He was trying to kill you, entails you have some sort of bounty on your head?"

"I don't know who would want me, dead or alive."

"Well someone certainly does, someone powerful, it seems. And close, this ork doesn't look like he's made any travels recently." Makar chewed the inside of his cheek, deciding if he should offer this woman a place in his journey or not. He began walking, motioning for her to follow. " I suggest you come with me."
Back to top Go down
superninjakiwi
Infantry
Infantry
superninjakiwi

PostSubject: Re: Lathemele (REBOOTED)   Lathemele (REBOOTED) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 4:24 pm

I was wondering if i could join, and be this....

Nickname: Voran, true name unknown

Race:Wisp, a small light creature roughly sphere shaped, controls a small amount of light, and receives messages from other wisps. Nearly wiped out, most were sealed in some ruins hidden in the Rahn Wood. A tree grew over the entrance, but recently that tree died and fell, opening the sealed room once again.

Occupation: Their purpose in life is to try to maintain balance in all elements.

Magic (if applicable):Can bend light to make itself and others slightly less visible, nearly invisible in shadows, but still quite visible in broad daylight. It can also control the luminosity of various light sources, including itself.

City (Home City):The Rahn Wood

Starting Location:The Rahn Wood Ruins
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Lathemele (REBOOTED)   Lathemele (REBOOTED) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 4:31 pm

This roleplay has kinda died.
You might not have noticed, but there is no active RP atm.
Back to top Go down
superninjakiwi
Infantry
Infantry
superninjakiwi

PostSubject: Re: Lathemele (REBOOTED)   Lathemele (REBOOTED) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 4:32 pm

drat. i'm bored.
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: Lathemele (REBOOTED)   Lathemele (REBOOTED) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 4:56 pm

Just started to rewrite the OP, cause it's really shittily written and there are new constraints and such. I was too busy during the week to post a new entry (was going to keep it going even if no one else was) and I'm sick so not really running at 100% right now. Anyway, it'll be rebooted soon, I assure you. However, the reboot may require some information be added to any applications, but not sure yet.

E: That is, if I can stop vomiting, coughing, and sleeping for long enough to write.
Back to top Go down
superninjakiwi
Infantry
Infantry
superninjakiwi

PostSubject: Re: Lathemele (REBOOTED)   Lathemele (REBOOTED) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 7:22 pm

MercurySteam wrote:
Just started to rewrite the OP, cause it's really shittily written and there are new constraints and such. I was too busy during the week to post a new entry (was going to keep it going even if no one else was) and I'm sick so not really running at 100% right now. Anyway, it'll be rebooted soon, I assure you. However, the reboot may require some information be added to any applications, but not sure yet.

E: That is, if I can stop vomiting, coughing, and sleeping for long enough to write.
If you want, I'd be happy to help you, by making sections that you can copy/paste into the OP.

I would probably start with the bestiary, expanding the base amount of creatures both mythical and real, to much larger proportions. I'll start it right away if you ask.
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: Lathemele (REBOOTED)   Lathemele (REBOOTED) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 4:51 pm

Lathemele RP has been rebooted. There's no need to turn in new applications if you have made one previously, unless you just want to. If you have anything to add (subsets, items, creatures, more creatures, etc.) then please suggest it and I will put it in the OP.
Back to top Go down
Luna
Recruit
Recruit
Luna

PostSubject: Re: Lathemele (REBOOTED)   Lathemele (REBOOTED) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 5:48 pm

THIS AIN'T DEAD TILL WE SAY IT IS!!!
-FC Community
Back to top Go down
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry
Soul of Jack

PostSubject: Re: Lathemele (REBOOTED)   Lathemele (REBOOTED) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 6:02 pm

Luna wrote:
THIS AIN'T DEAD TILL WE SAY IT IS!!!
-FC Community
Indeed!
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

PostSubject: Re: Lathemele (REBOOTED)   Lathemele (REBOOTED) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 6:47 pm

Antioch has still not been added. Laziness? Dunno. Description earlier, you said you had it done.
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: Lathemele (REBOOTED)   Lathemele (REBOOTED) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 7:57 pm

Quadraxis wrote:
Antioch has still not been added. Laziness? Dunno. Description earlier, you said you had it done.
Oh, yes. I've added to the map but got sidetracked and forgot to upload it. However, there are already plenty of cities, so this will be the last.

E: Some of the lesser-used cities I can swap out for a suggestion if someone really wants a city.
Back to top Go down
Oblivion
Oblivion

PostSubject: Re: Lathemele (REBOOTED)   Lathemele (REBOOTED) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 11:20 am

Offtopic:I have "played" with the word(s) Voidwalker,and now it appeared here...that's the third coincidence i notice this week,and probably the 148th overall,have somebody else on this forum ever wondered if all human thoughts is connected to a giant network,or just that humans think similarly? I have spent almost two years thinking about such things. scratch 
Back to top Go down
superninjakiwi
Infantry
Infantry
superninjakiwi

PostSubject: Re: Lathemele (REBOOTED)   Lathemele (REBOOTED) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 7:32 pm

(ooc) I still need to know if my application is acceptable.
Back to top Go down
Lightspeed
Recruit
Recruit
Lightspeed

PostSubject: Re: Lathemele (REBOOTED)   Lathemele (REBOOTED) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 8:54 pm

Yyvil was walking on the streets of the Ravenwood city. More precisely,on the Unicorn Way. The Unicorn Way was the name of one part of the city were everything can be sold,or buyed. He was with some animal skin to sell and make gold with this.

- Good day,Maelstrom.

He said carrying the pelt to the table of the old man. The old man was the owner of the bazaar. While time was not being cruel with him,everyone could notice the old age. A Wise and respectable old man.

-Hello youngster. What do you need today?

- I need to sell this pelt. I need to make some coin and i already have the necessary to protect me from the cold on winter.

- Hoho young one,let me see...this hide is good indeed.

Said the shopkeeper while close inspecting the pelt.

- What about...2 coins for each? 5 for the bear one.

- Thats nice,deal.

The old man give to Yyivil the coins in a small leather purse.While mading his way trought the city,he could see it bustling with young mages [Mostly 14 and 15 years old] that were recently enrroled in the Ravenwood School of Magical Arts. Their eyes full of passion and need of knowledge.

- Oh the sweet scent of knowledge.

He smiled. it was not a common sight for the young Yiivil and then he made his way to the Commons,a place were you could go directly to the academy.

Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

PostSubject: Re: Lathemele (REBOOTED)   Lathemele (REBOOTED) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 10:31 pm

Sheredyn walked on. He knew he was being followed, but of course, he could probably make use of the pursuer. He took a shortcut through an alley and emerged in the market square, bustling with people. Countless stalls and shops lined the square, selling all matters of goods, from potions to knick knacks to musty old tomes, unearthed from ancient burial crypts.

Here he stopped, and observed. The fountain in the center was host to a large group of people in robes, conversing about something. Immediately next to them was a human mother, tall and thin, with golden blonde hair and a large, flowing dress. She was trying desperately to sooth her child, a squirming thing of maybe 3. It was wailing as if it was dying, and many a passerby cast disapproving looks her way. He shifted his attention. A dispute was breaking out between a town guard and a large, burly elf, apparently about the two dogs that sat at his feet. The guard unsheathed his sword, a glinting mass of steel, and poked the elf in his stomach. They exchanged more words, and the elf lost his temper. He struck out at the guard, denting the shining steel armor that protected his head, and then attempted to run. Three other guards ran out from the crowd and tackled him, bringing the massive elf to the ground with an audible thud. Some of the crowd was cheering.

He shifted his attention to the stall nearest him. With the guard gone from it, an inconspicuous human sneaked something into his pocket and began walking at a brisk pace, right next to Sheredyn. As he passed, Sheredyn grabbed the human and pulled the item from his pocket. A golden globe, pulsating with some sort of light magic. The thief looked at him in an angry glare, and attempted to wrest free. Sheredyn shoved him off, and the thief walked away, scowling. Sheredyn observed a guard run after the thief before his attention shifted elsewhere.

As he watched, he sensed his pursuer drawing near. He tensed slightly, and then sprung. He turned around instantly and dashed forward with a burst of speed. He grabbed the elf by the neck and slammed him into a wall, prepared to dispose of him. He then looked at the elf. Blinked.

It was the elf whom he had saved just prior.
Back to top Go down
superninjakiwi
Infantry
Infantry
superninjakiwi

PostSubject: Re: Lathemele (REBOOTED)   Lathemele (REBOOTED) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 1:28 pm

(Clarifier:This only counts if my application has been accepted)

The Wisp had always been at the tree, wondering what was beyond the thick, immovable body of the trunk. The stories said that a very, very long time ago the tree was not there, and wisps and all sorts of wondrous creatures lived together, free to come and leave as they pleased. One day, however, a Great Cataclysm was on its way, and no wisp had the ability to stop it. A few wisps banded together and converted the now abandoned, underground city into a shelter, protecting themselves from extinction. When the Cataclysm was over, however, a mighty tree had grown over the entrance, removing any hope of escape from the ruins of the once great Dwarven capital, Baktet, trapping the wisps forever.

They turned to more productive uses of time, learning how to push things with their combined light. Some wisps, however, were unable to actually force their light into a solid without great effort, and this Wisp was the most incapable of them. He knew how, but making light into a solid required resolve, and the Wisp-at-the-tree, as he was referred to as, was sure about nothing. He learned how to do things no wisp before had even thought about doing, the art of bending light to one's will. He was extremely adept, but, sadly, he did not believe in himself enough to show his abilities to the other wisps. Instead, he snuck around the forbidden libraries, reading stories and gaining knowledge. Yet as much as he searched, he could not find any mention of the Great Cataclysm that had entrapped them for so long.

The wisps were holding their annual competition, although it seemed to the Wisp that it was closer to what he read was called a week than what was called a year. The Wisp slunk off to the tree, wondering when they were actually going to try to move it, when there was a great rumble. Small rocks were being dislodged from the ceiling, and the Wisp took shelter in the Immovable tree. Seeing the other wisps nearby panicking, he urged them to the safety of the tree. Only one wisp heeded the call, the Wisp-who-learned, the only other wisp who had gone off to the libraries. That Wisp was the one who had found the libraries, and showed him because they were both created the same week. Neither were caught, though recently only the Wisp-At-The-Tree had been going to the libraries. The other wisp had told him that one of the books contained the reason that no one spoke the true names of the wisps, and the Wisp-Who-Learned was no longer willing to learn about the past.

The rumbling was getting more powerful, large chunks were falling from the ceiling and several wisps were injured already. The Wisp-Who-Learned told the Wisp-At-The-Tree that the Wisp-Of-Strength was pushing a pillar, causing the city to become unstable. The earth shuddered again, and even the tree at their backs was dislodged. The Wisp-At-The-Tree glanced at it and saw a gap. It was as dark past the hole as it was inside, but he didn't care. He was free! As he went toward the hole, he realized that the Wisp-Who-Learned was scared, and did not want to go out. He beckoned to the other wisp, and, trusting him, the other wisp came through. only then did he turn his full attention to the wonders of outside. He saw a large, blue wisp in the sky which he knew was the moon. He wondered when he would get to see the sun. He wondered about many things which he had read about, when the Wisp-Who-Learned directed his attention to the ground. He saw many lights and though for a second that they were wisps who had survived the Great Cataclysm. He looked closer and, with disappointment, realized that they were artificial lights caused by flame and magic. The Wisp-At-The-Tree and the Wisp-Who-Learned descended slowly to the lights, wondering what would be found there. The Wisp-Who-Learned realized that at one time there had been a village there, a mere assortment of elves who lived off the land. It was called Mirradassil.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lathemele (REBOOTED)   Lathemele (REBOOTED) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lathemele (REBOOTED)
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next