Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Planetside 2 Outfit

Go down 
+13
Keon
superninjakiwi
Tiel+
Pat Best
Groot
Hierarch Fenway
Shiva
Tell
Avenger_7
Commander Error
blockman42
yourt23
Dux Tell31
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

Planetside 2 Outfit - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2 Outfit   Planetside 2 Outfit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 4:07 pm

Commander Error wrote:
We should probly come up with different roles for everyone. ie) Avenger or me as overwatch, person x as sniper, etc.

I think I'll be infiltrator, although maybe not designated sniper.

I just can't seem to function without stealth.

Then again I really hate that I have to manually de-activate stealth to fire.

Can't it just turn itself off when I shoot stuff?
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2 Outfit   Planetside 2 Outfit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 4:19 pm

Commander Error wrote:
We should probly come up with different roles for everyone. ie) Avenger or me as overwatch, person x as sniper, etc.

I'm an assault type person. Give me an assault rifle and pistol in any game and I'm invincible Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.thecraftersmakevideos.webs.com
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2 Outfit   Planetside 2 Outfit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 4:25 pm

Commander Shane Kobialka wrote:
Commander Error wrote:

I'm an assault type person. Give me an assault rifle and pistol in any game and I'm invincible Very Happy

Heavy Assault it is. LMG and pistol with shield boost special ability.

Also, I finally figured out how to fly aircraft.
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2 Outfit   Planetside 2 Outfit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 4:35 pm

I think it would be a bad idea to put me in charge... I'd be using actual infantry commands and radio protocol to give orders and most of you would be like "Lolwut?"

Otherwise, I am a fairly damned good sniper/max. Also, I run PS2 on a laptop at medium-high settings at 85 FPS. cheers

Last edited by Shiva on Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2 Outfit   Planetside 2 Outfit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 4:39 pm

Fine, I'll google the classes..

I forgot which one I set myself up as initially, but I'll probably have to make a new one anyway to get in.

e: Okay. When or if I get this whole FPS issue resolved, I would very much like to be le Medic.

..Something that confuses me, though, is that they seem to have classes with overlapping roles. Is there really a demand for a Light Assault, Heavy Assault, and MAX? More classes in games are great, but this in particular seems like a chain of direct upgrades rather than unique roles.
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2 Outfit   Planetside 2 Outfit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 4:46 pm

Tiel wrote:
..Something that confuses me, though, is that they seem to have classes with overlapping roles. Is there really a demand for a Light Assault, Heavy Assault, and MAX? More classes in games are great, but this in particular seems like a chain of direct upgrades rather than unique roles.

Light Assault are your generic Ranger-type light infantry, Heavy Assaults are anti-tankers, and MAXes are a cross between a Terminator and a Space Marine.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2 Outfit   Planetside 2 Outfit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 4:49 pm

Either the Combat Medic truly is OP, or the wiki loves being dramatic..
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2 Outfit   Planetside 2 Outfit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 5:22 pm

... Damnit. Reading through the list of Battle Ranks, I'm going to end up playing my Vanu character a lot more. Their Level 100 rank is "Primarch". MUST. BE. CALLED. PRIMARCH!
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2 Outfit   Planetside 2 Outfit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 5:29 pm

Shiva wrote:
... Damnit. Reading through the list of Battle Ranks, I'm going to end up playing my Vanu character a lot more. Their Level 100 rank is "Primarch". MUST. BE. CALLED. PRIMARCH!

I'm not sure I like any of them, really. The TR and NC are apparently rednecks or something, or so everyone says, and the Vanu's dependancy on alien technology is annoying. I dislike their gun design.

THEIR GUNS DON'T HAVE STOCKS! HOW DO YOU EXPECT TO SNIPER ACCURATELY IF YOU CAN'T REST YOUR GUN ON YOUR SHOULDER?
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2 Outfit   Planetside 2 Outfit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 5:42 pm

The bad thing about classes as they are right now is that light assault tends to get stuck by using entry points that the other classes can't. So your basic raid will probably involve an assault by heavies, medics, and maxes with the light assault jumping in the rear together. Once I get the certs, I'll probably be joining them via drop as infiltrator/shotgun.

Vanu snipers have a high ROF and accuracy at range. Very good if you can get headshots.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2 Outfit   Planetside 2 Outfit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 5:47 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:
The bad thing about classes as they are right now is that light assault tends to get stuck by using entry points that the other classes can't. So your basic raid will probably involve an assault by heavies, medics, and maxes with the light assault jumping in the rear together. Once I get the certs, I'll probably be joining them via drop as infiltrator/shotgun.

Vanu snipers have a high ROF and accuracy at range. Very good if you can get headshots.

I wish my headshots could kill non-heavies but nope. I think all I can one-headshot-kill is another sniper. I think I'll be going with a shotgun as well.
Back to top Go down
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry
Soul of Jack

PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2 Outfit   Planetside 2 Outfit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 5:54 pm

When the game comes out I'll join.

I'll be a pilot of a Fighter.If not Light Assault.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2 Outfit   Planetside 2 Outfit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 6:00 pm

Jack Root wrote:

I tried a fighter once, ended up ramming it into an enemy gunship. That'll teach him to think he's maneuverable.
Back to top Go down
Dux Tell31
Recruit
Recruit
Dux Tell31

PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2 Outfit   Planetside 2 Outfit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 6:19 pm

Jack Root wrote:

Just saying piloting/driving ANYTHING is super hard, and completely wasted a ton of my points in that.
Also my US East 01 IGN is Duxtell, Its also vert rewarding when the entire faction goes and rushes a station.

BTW, also having some frame-rate issues, and thats running on a 2010 Acer Desktop that handles SWTOR reasonably well.

***US EAST SERVER***
Superninjakiwi and I created the "Futurecraft Raiders" on the "US east 01" server, this will be our outfit for the eastern US. Thats only if outfits don't carry between servers, which I don't think they do.
Back to top Go down
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry
Soul of Jack

PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2 Outfit   Planetside 2 Outfit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 6:29 pm

Dux Tell31 wrote:
Jack Root wrote:

Just saying piloting/driving ANYTHING is super hard, and completely wasted a ton of my points in that.
Also my US East 01 IGN is Duxtell, Its also vert rewarding when the entire faction goes and rushes a station.

BTW, also having some frame-rate issues, and thats running on a 2010 Acer Desktop that handles SWTOR reasonably well.

***US EAST SERVER***
Superninjakiwi and I created the "Futurecraft Raiders" on the "US east 01" server, this will be our outfit for the eastern US. Thats only if outfits don't carry between servers, which I don't think they do.

I know.Its not for everyone.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2 Outfit   Planetside 2 Outfit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 6:32 pm

You haven't even played the game...
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2 Outfit   Planetside 2 Outfit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 6:56 pm

Outfits don't carry over. I think we need ONE outfit, or we won't have enough people.

Also, although dogfighting is difficult, I love driving around a Magrider. 'Tis fun.
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2 Outfit   Planetside 2 Outfit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 8:04 pm

I play West server, and am currently being a complete nightmare to the Vanu.

Also, Pat, the TR aren't rednecks. They're basically an Imperialistic United States, their voices sound like regular soldiers. NC are the rednecks.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2 Outfit   Planetside 2 Outfit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 8:25 pm

Shiva wrote:
I play West server, and am currently being a complete nightmare to the Vanu.

Also, Pat, the TR aren't rednecks. They're basically an Imperialistic Republican United States, their voices sound like regular soldiers. NC are the rednecks.

Fixed.
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2 Outfit   Planetside 2 Outfit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 8:28 pm

So instead of everyone going on to one server and creating a faction, we go onto different servers and divided ourselves into 2 player outfits.....

EDIT: I cant seem to add anyone because it cant find the usernames. Sad

Last edited by blockman42 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2 Outfit   Planetside 2 Outfit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 8:33 pm

Makes no sense to me either.

Edit: Same problem...

Last edited by Avenger_7 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2 Outfit   Planetside 2 Outfit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 10:40 pm

Okay, the game was unplayable for me

BUT

I figured out where the ini file (just kidding, googled it) was hiding, and made some adjustments that really, really should be in the ingame menu. I think I'm hovering around 20 FPS in populated areas which is muy bien. What time do you guys get on?
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2 Outfit   Planetside 2 Outfit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 10:56 pm

Tiel wrote:
Okay, the game was unplayable for me

BUT

I figured out where the ini file (just kidding, googled it) was hiding, and made some adjustments that really, really should be in the ingame menu. I think I'm hovering around 20 FPS in populated areas which is muy bien. What time do you guys get on?

on week days I'm on from 4:30 to 5:00, on weekends I'm on all day Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2 Outfit   Planetside 2 Outfit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 10:57 pm

@Tiel - Are you on Thebe? What's your IGN?
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2 Outfit   Planetside 2 Outfit - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 10:59 pm

I was on a minute ago as Slyinsk gunning for someone's 'mail van', whatever the hell that is. I ended up playing 'distraction' while the rest of the guys went and presumably infiltrated the airbase while I epically failed at trying to shoot down TR aerodynes.

My FPS went to s**t soon after, though, so I left.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2 Outfit   Planetside 2 Outfit - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Planetside 2 Outfit
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next