Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

What will you do in FC?

Go down 
+27
Tau
Joel
Captain stufuzzycat
Julo
Hierarch Fenway
OmegaKnight
MrTargareyan
Groot
Keon
Alamotrooper
Commander Kobialka
Commander Error
yomi
Avenger_7
Emperor_Revan
Dux Tell31
The Schmetterling
Tiel+
hyperlite
Ivan2006
Caramell
Last_Jedi_Standing
Chapter Master Addeptis
Iv121
blockman42
torrentialAberration
Grand Imperial Thunder
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

What will you do in FC?
Yarr
What will you do in FC? - Page 6 Vote_lcap0%What will you do in FC? - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Mercenary
What will you do in FC? - Page 6 Vote_lcap31%What will you do in FC? - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 31% [ 5 ]
Trader
What will you do in FC? - Page 6 Vote_lcap0%What will you do in FC? - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Explorer
What will you do in FC? - Page 6 Vote_lcap44%What will you do in FC? - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 44% [ 7 ]
Police
What will you do in FC? - Page 6 Vote_lcap13%What will you do in FC? - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 2 ]
Just...Leave me alone...
What will you do in FC? - Page 6 Vote_lcap12%What will you do in FC? - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 12% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 16

AuthorMessage
_Shadowcat_
Infantry
Infantry
_Shadowcat_

What will you do in FC? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What will you do in FC?   What will you do in FC? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 10:07 pm

Tiel, It means Non Agression Pact.
Back to top Go down
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

PostSubject: Re: What will you do in FC?   What will you do in FC? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 11:04 pm

I think he knows that.
Back to top Go down
_Shadowcat_
Infantry
Infantry
_Shadowcat_

PostSubject: Re: What will you do in FC?   What will you do in FC? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 11:53 pm

I know.

Anyway there should be a poll up in like 5 mins or sumthing
Back to top Go down
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

PostSubject: Re: What will you do in FC?   What will you do in FC? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 12:00 am

100% off all 1 votes are for explorer. I'm unopposed.
Back to top Go down
_Shadowcat_
Infantry
Infantry
_Shadowcat_

PostSubject: Re: What will you do in FC?   What will you do in FC? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 12:15 am

Piracy: Its like your car getting stolen but its still there in the morning.
Mercenarying: Its like Piracy but you get payed to do it.
Back to top Go down
Richard_cypher
Richard_cypher

PostSubject: Re: What will you do in FC?   What will you do in FC? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 3:22 am

Let me give you an example. Julius Casar, where did he get all of his soldiers? He built up his army with the homeless and other people forgotten by society. He gave them land and money in return for their support. He trained them and became one of the most powerful men alive. The trick is finding out who will be cannon fodder and who can hold their own. Is everyone going to be a perfect soldier? No. Are the noobs going to bug me with a million questions? yes. Will people still take the time to teach them because i'll give them money for the their troubles? yes. Will i find people who will be helpful to the group? yes, because i won't turn anyone away, within reason.
Back to top Go down
nicolasx
nicolasx

PostSubject: Re: What will you do in FC?   What will you do in FC? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 3:46 am

In reply to the post above me, this does work.

I had this happen once on a server, a group of us had started a "Rebel" faction, we were trying to take on basically the entire establishment. It was a corrupt government system. Where others saw a group of random disorganized people living in the wilderness, he saw warriors. After about two weeks of him helping us after we agreed to join his faction we beat every single other faction on a 60 people server.
Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Richard_cypher
Richard_cypher

PostSubject: Re: What will you do in FC?   What will you do in FC? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 3:55 am

Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their labor; 10 For if they fall, the one will lift up his companion. But woe to the one who falls and does not have another to lift him up! 11 Again, if two lie together, they keep warm. But how can one be warm alone? 12 And while a man may prevail against the one, the two will withstand him; and a threefold cord is not quickly broken. Ecclesiastes 4:9-12
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: What will you do in FC?   What will you do in FC? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 12:01 pm

Richard_cypher wrote:
Let me give you an example. Julius Casar, where did he get all of his soldiers? He built up his army with the homeless and other people forgotten by society. He gave them land and money in return for their support. He trained them and became one of the most powerful men alive. The trick is finding out who will be cannon fodder and who can hold their own. Is everyone going to be a perfect soldier? No. Are the noobs going to bug me with a million questions? yes. Will people still take the time to teach them because i'll give them money for the their troubles? yes. Will i find people who will be helpful to the group? yes, because i won't turn anyone away, within reason.

Caesar was also brutally murdered, and he was never that powerful, true he paved the way for the roman empire, but he was murdered shortly after he became emperor

And why have a strong democratic system when you can have an even stronger autocratic system where all civilians are mindless robots?

And also I can give you an example of when your idea fails, for I did something similar on a server a long time ago, built a faction called UNIT731, formed from rejects, they all built a castle, then one muppet blew it all up, resulting in all of us getting banned form the server.

If you find good people you will succeed, and I hope this system works for I am working on something similar, only a little more... Sinister
Back to top Go down
Richard_cypher
Richard_cypher

PostSubject: Re: What will you do in FC?   What will you do in FC? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 12:59 pm

Prototype wrote:

Caesar was also brutally murdered, and he was never that powerful, true he paved the way for the roman empire, but he was murdered shortly after he became emperor

And why have a strong democratic system when you can have an even stronger autocratic system where all civilians are mindless robots?

And also I can give you an example of when your idea fails, for I did something similar on a server a long time ago, built a faction called UNIT731, formed from rejects, they all built a castle, then one muppet blew it all up, resulting in all of us getting banned form the server.

If you find good people you will succeed, and I hope this system works for I am working on something similar, only a little more... Sinister

History lesson - skip if you don't care

wait Caesar wasn't that powerful???? *ahem*
1. He fought and WON against the Optimates and Pompey thus ending the civil war. That in itself is a enough to say he was powerful.
2. The senate sent him to spain to deal with unrest. They sent him there because they thought it was a lost cause, and he won.
3. he defeated the Helvetians, Germans and the Nervii. The raids on britain weren't very effective militarily but still served as good propaganda for him. He won the battle of Alesia. He then captured Rome, and defeated pompey.
4. It's kind of Ironic actually, Caesar forged him empire with an idea of everyone had a duty to Rome. That idea got him killed. He was killed for the glory of Rome.

Also Caesars subjects were mindless robots, he kept them happy with the bread games and lots and LOTS of holidays, around 180 in all give or take (Christianity Reduced it to around 135ish). Most of thous meant there was no work as well. THe people loved him for it and he could continue being a tyrant.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FC stuff
As i keep saying noobs won't be the main bulk of our force. They are merely meant to expand it and make it more effective. More people means more ships (depending on how the mod works in that aspect). So if someone does have a destroyer of a Battle ship, i could simply form a sphere formation around them and hit it on all side with a bunch of frigates (that's assuming i don't have anything larger available). As long as they can pull a formation all they have to do is point and shoot.

Tactic one: Use Superior firepower to take out guns on top or bottom to reduce damage to ships. Rest of the plan i'm not going to say.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: What will you do in FC?   What will you do in FC? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 2:44 pm

Richard_cypher wrote:
Prototype wrote:

History lesson - skip if you don't care

wait Caesar wasn't that powerful???? *ahem*
1. He fought and WON against the Optimates and Pompey thus ending the civil war. That in itself is a enough to say he was powerful.
2. The senate sent him to spain to deal with unrest. They sent him there because they thought it was a lost cause, and he won.
3. he defeated the Helvetians, Germans and the Nervii. The raids on britain weren't very effective militarily but still served as good propaganda for him. He won the battle of Alesia. He then captured Rome, and defeated pompey.
4. It's kind of Ironic actually, Caesar forged him empire with an idea of everyone had a duty to Rome. That idea got him killed. He was killed for the glory of Rome.

Also Caesars subjects were mindless robots, he kept them happy with the bread games and lots and LOTS of holidays, around 180 in all give or take (Christianity Reduced it to around 135ish). Most of thous meant there was no work as well. THe people loved him for it and he could continue being a tyrant.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FC stuff
As i keep saying noobs won't be the main bulk of our force. They are merely meant to expand it and make it more effective. More people means more ships (depending on how the mod works in that aspect). So if someone does have a destroyer of a Battle ship, i could simply form a sphere formation around them and hit it on all side with a bunch of frigates (that's assuming i don't have anything larger available). As long as they can pull a formation all they have to do is point and shoot.

Tactic one: Use Superior firepower to take out guns on top or bottom to reduce damage to ships. Rest of the plan i'm not going to say.

For the history stuff, you miss my point, Caesar was killed by someone who was once one of his closest followers and he was not the most powerful roman empire, although he started it off, although he is definitely the most well known roman.

But that's a conversation for somewhere else, back to FC

The problem I see with your noob recruitment thing, is that there will always be "that guy" that joins the noobs section and messes the whole damn thing up for everyone, so you would have to spot him and eliminate him, you could probably do this through some sort of initiation rite, or all noobs have to complete a form of basic training and an allegiance test or something.

But apart from that there could be quite a good system going, if you start up the do-gooders, and I start up the bad guys, then there could be a cool system where newbies can either choose to be good or evil, or go it alone.
Back to top Go down
_Shadowcat_
Infantry
Infantry
_Shadowcat_

PostSubject: Re: What will you do in FC?   What will you do in FC? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 6:30 pm

Good-Evil never lasts, someone will build a deathstar ship then the other side will find the fatal flaw in that death star, Useually resulting in heavy losses on both ends.

Besides you cant defeat the awesome king king
Back to top Go down
Richard_cypher
Richard_cypher

PostSubject: Re: What will you do in FC?   What will you do in FC? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 3:25 pm

Prototype wrote:

The problem I see with your noob recruitment thing, is that there will always be "that guy" that joins the noobs section and messes the whole damn thing up for everyone, so you would have to spot him and eliminate him, you could probably do this through some sort of initiation rite, or all noobs have to complete a form of basic training and an allegiance test or something.

But apart from that there could be quite a good system going, if you start up the do-gooders, and I start up the bad guys, then there could be a cool system where newbies can either choose to be good or evil, or go it alone.

You are correct the risk of noobs mucking everything is is high. We do actually want to have a screening process for recruits (we have tossed around ideas but nothing concrete yet). The main purpose of it though is to stop people from trying to enter/infiltrate the group (calling it an empire is to ambitious at the moment) under orders of our enemies.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: What will you do in FC?   What will you do in FC? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 4:45 pm

Richard_cypher wrote:
Prototype wrote:

You are correct the risk of noobs mucking everything is is high. We do actually want to have a screening process for recruits (we have tossed around ideas but nothing concrete yet). The main purpose of it though is to stop people from trying to enter/infiltrate the group (calling it an empire is to ambitious at the moment) under orders of our enemies.

I reckon I have developd a system that could accomplish such a thing, all new recruits have to be "recommended" by a trusted member, then put under observation
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

PostSubject: Re: What will you do in FC?   What will you do in FC? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 8:04 pm

Nope. I think noobs will still be untrustworthy.
Back to top Go down
_Shadowcat_
Infantry
Infantry
_Shadowcat_

PostSubject: Re: What will you do in FC?   What will you do in FC? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 9:35 pm

But still a large group cannot be trusted, All youd have to do is convince one member to permit you, Then you yourself could permit other spys in, And so on.

And all it takes is a little secrecy to take down an empire.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: What will you do in FC?   What will you do in FC? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 10:07 pm

Noobs will have to work their way through the ranks. When a superior thinks that it is their time to be promoted, then it shall be. FC will be too complicated to have only two experience levels, there's too much grey in between. People will choose what job they like, be it combat, mining, piloting, surveying, building, engineering, supervising, etc. A miner might not be the best pilot and a marine might have no idea how to begin building a jump core.
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

PostSubject: Re: What will you do in FC?   What will you do in FC? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 11:42 pm

People are going to want to do some of everything. Why? It's a Sandbox, not an RPG.

That said, specific roles could happen because of some factors. It shouldn't be a hard limit imposed by the system, rather a soft limit based on what the player can do.
Back to top Go down
Richard_cypher
Richard_cypher

PostSubject: Re: What will you do in FC?   What will you do in FC? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 2:04 am

FEN-8001 wrote:
People are going to want to do some of everything. Why? It's a Sandbox, not an RPG.

That said, specific roles could happen because of some factors. It shouldn't be a hard limit imposed by the system, rather a soft limit based on what the player can do.

I agree. Minecraft is built around the idea of doing what ever the frick you want to do. When big brother limits that people will get pissed. When i join i'm going to set up base and do some ship building and piloting. do some traveling around a bit. Have fun flying around in space and stuff. If i get limited to a certain job and am not allowed to do any of thous things. i would be very salty.
Back to top Go down
_Shadowcat_
Infantry
Infantry
_Shadowcat_

PostSubject: Re: What will you do in FC?   What will you do in FC? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 12:29 am

I'm going to revive this into a semi-survey/notfullRPishthing.

So survey question numero uno
Quote :

Its a normal day, You are doing whatever evil/nice things you normally do, When a new noob person walks up to you and says "Hello, Do you have a town or faction I could join?".
WHAT DO YOU DO?
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: What will you do in FC?   What will you do in FC? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 12:41 am

I'd let him join
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

PostSubject: Re: What will you do in FC?   What will you do in FC? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 12:44 am

I'd put him through a series of increasingly painful tests to deem him worthy of joining me in my hut secret base.
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: What will you do in FC?   What will you do in FC? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 1:09 pm

Put him through a series of very rigorous tests and then give him a menial job for now, maybe moving boxes.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: What will you do in FC?   What will you do in FC? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 5:59 pm

SLAY HIM/HER AND TAKE HIS/HER SOUL AS MY TROPHY!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What will you do in FC?   What will you do in FC? - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What will you do in FC?
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: General Area :: Members' Lounge-
Jump to: