Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Share | 
 

 What will you do in FC?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

What will you do in FC?
Yarr
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Mercenary
31%
 31% [ 5 ]
Trader
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Explorer
44%
 44% [ 7 ]
Police
13%
 13% [ 2 ]
Just...Leave me alone...
12%
 12% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 16
 

AuthorMessage
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 938
Join date : 2012-01-30
Location : in my office designing new ships

PostSubject: Re: What will you do in FC?   Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:28 am

The Schmetterling wrote:
Iv121 wrote:
I don't think building a planet-sized ship is practical though Razz

Not in Futurecraft. In reality, most civilizations will be 100 of millions of years more advanced than us, and building planets or planet sized ships would be easy.

Its simple, download a minecraft world. Do //overlay 10000000000000000000000000000000000 42, wait around 24 hours and walah! You have a ship the size of a whole planet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Groot
Marine
Marine
avatar

Posts : 1456
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 21
Location : Yggdrasil

PostSubject: Re: What will you do in FC?   Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:30 pm

blockman42 wrote:
The Schmetterling wrote:
Iv121 wrote:
I don't think building a planet-sized ship is practical though Razz

Not in Futurecraft. In reality, most civilizations will be 100 of millions of years more advanced than us, and building planets or planet sized ships would be easy.

Its simple, download a minecraft world. Do //overlay 10000000000000000000000000000000000 42, wait around 24 hours and walah! You have a ship the size of a whole planet.

Or just use the superflat editor to create a world that is just solid iron, if this counts as a ship then I already have five planet sized ships with surface areas eight time greater than that of the earth
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
avatar

Posts : 1196
Join date : 2011-10-26
Location : |]||o|{o}-H--X-)|(

PostSubject: Re: What will you do in FC?   Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:47 am

Spheres enclose the greatest area with the least amount of spacem yes. They're naturally resistant against stress and explosions, yes. They're incredibly, incredibly, INCREDIBLY boring. Whats the fun in making sphere ships (Spheres in MC are rather easy) and flying around giant death balls? None.

Also, they don't get rid of heat very well. This won't be in futurecraft (maybe) but Spheres have very difficult times in cooling and heat removal.

In addition, they are not aerodynamic. You couldn't land on a planet with one without burning up.

Fr0stbyte, I personally request a friction feature that attacks aerodynamically-unstable ships when moving quickly through an atmosphere. Like spheres. And cubes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Groot
Marine
Marine
avatar

Posts : 1456
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 21
Location : Yggdrasil

PostSubject: Re: What will you do in FC?   Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:02 am

Think spheres have the lowest surface area to volume ratio, so I think that means they actually have the lowest surface area with the highest volume, but everything else you just said if true, the. Rubbish heat loss would be derived from a low SA:V ratio.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tau
Infantry
Infantry
avatar

Posts : 517
Join date : 2012-01-16
Age : 18
Location : Ancapistan

PostSubject: Re: What will you do in FC?   Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:17 pm

1. Start a clan.
2. Recruit people.
3. Create a ionizing planetbuster.
4. ???
5. Profit. *trollface*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Groot
Marine
Marine
avatar

Posts : 1456
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 21
Location : Yggdrasil

PostSubject: Re: What will you do in FC?   Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:03 pm

ZeoNet wrote:
1. Start a clan.
2. Recruit people.
3. Create a ionizing planetbuster.
4. ??
5. Profit. *trollface*


Sorry dude but I own the rights on the planet buster NDC concept
Back to top Go down
View user profile
_Shadowcat_
Infantry
Infantry
avatar

Posts : 421
Join date : 2012-10-22
Age : 21
Location : Master Theif

PostSubject: Re: What will you do in FC?   Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:05 pm

FEN-8001 wrote:
Spheres enclose the greatest area with the least amount of spacem yes. They're naturally resistant against stress and explosions, yes. They're incredibly, incredibly, INCREDIBLY boring. Whats the fun in making sphere ships (Spheres in MC are rather easy) and flying around giant death balls? None.

Also, they don't get rid of heat very well. This won't be in futurecraft (maybe) but Spheres have very difficult times in cooling and heat removal.

In addition, they are not aerodynamic. You couldn't land on a planet with one without burning up.

Fr0stbyte, I personally request a friction feature that attacks aerodynamically-unstable ships when moving quickly through an atmosphere. Like spheres. And cubes.

Your logic does not meet with us in the same places:
1. Flying around is a giant deathball is awesome, BLOWING UP PLANETS IS AWESOME!
2.Why land? Just build smaller landing ships that dock inside of the spaceball.
3.Why even bother with planets? Just build a planet size ship and destroy anything that gets in your way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
avatar

Posts : 1196
Join date : 2011-10-26
Location : |]||o|{o}-H--X-)|(

PostSubject: Re: What will you do in FC?   Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:15 am

Alright. Fine. Make your f****** sphere and fly around with no class.

I'll be working on my super-awesome heavily-aerodynamic, sleek, styled dreadnaught. Sure, time to completion is massive compared to sphere, and sure, it's not as powerful as what is called a "flying brick", but at least it's cool.

Theres nothing we can do about flying bricks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
avatar

Posts : 3123
Join date : 2011-08-31
Location : I'm a butterfly.

PostSubject: Re: What will you do in FC?   Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:17 am

If you make flying bricks, no-one is likely to buy your design, are they?

_________________



Noli timere tenebras quam lucem, id est tortor.


Spoiler:
 



Mackeroth est abiit. Hinc abiit, et misit me in profundum subconscious!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 5497
Join date : 2012-02-20
Age : 20
Location : AFK

PostSubject: Re: What will you do in FC?   Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:26 am

Who will want to buy your designs if they can just build more combat-effective floating bricks?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Groot
Marine
Marine
avatar

Posts : 1456
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 21
Location : Yggdrasil

PostSubject: Re: What will you do in FC?   Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:15 pm

Bricks are easier to hit
Back to top Go down
View user profile
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
avatar

Posts : 727
Join date : 2012-06-20
Age : 104
Location : omnipresent

PostSubject: Re: What will you do in FC?   Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:34 pm

Good ship designs earn status among other factions and just might decide diplomatic relations.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard_cypher
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Posts : 76
Join date : 2012-08-20
Age : 25
Location : USA east coast

PostSubject: Re: What will you do in FC?   Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:21 pm

My main goal is to make a noob friendly area in space where we can train them into our soldiers. Then once we have enough people and ships we will patrol the galaxy putting down pirates by setting up ambushes (easier then you think. just use a decoy trading ship, and have a frigate or two ready to hyperspace to their aid. jump behind them when they tell you they are getting attacked and unleash a salvo of bombs and torpedoes into their vulnerable side.), and fighting the empires that wish to extort the peoples of space (unless you work for us).

We have 5 members (4 active) already so anyone who wants to join us protecting the galaxy just shoot me a message. We have a solid plan that we spent months making.

Pirates could still be of use for us too. So if you want to pillage and burn we wont stop you. We'll just point you toward our enemies shipping lanes, planets, space stations, and so on, and say have fun.

We have a 5 step plan to rule the galaxy! We could use all the help we can get. But wait! there's more! not really.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Groot
Marine
Marine
avatar

Posts : 1456
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 21
Location : Yggdrasil

PostSubject: Re: What will you do in FC?   Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:32 pm

Noob friendly?, a bunch of noobs won't do much good against real bad ass pirates.

In fact, I might start a pirate organisation, like SPECTRE but in space, any one interested?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard_cypher
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Posts : 76
Join date : 2012-08-20
Age : 25
Location : USA east coast

PostSubject: Re: What will you do in FC?   Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:16 pm

Prototype wrote:
Noob friendly?, a bunch of noobs won't do much good against real bad ass pirates.

In fact, I might start a pirate organisation, like SPECTRE but in space, any one interested?

once you show them how the mod works they should be fine, and more importantly loyal. I did this once on another server. Called it the Noobs resistance army. It did pretty well. A group of 3 guys in diamond were spawn camping on the server windoom. So i armed 5 of my noobs with iron and we slaughtered them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Groot
Marine
Marine
avatar

Posts : 1456
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 21
Location : Yggdrasil

PostSubject: Re: What will you do in FC?   Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:34 pm

Richard_cypher wrote:
Prototype wrote:
Noob friendly?, a bunch of noobs won't do much good against real bad ass pirates.

In fact, I might start a pirate organisation, like SPECTRE but in space, any one interested?

once you show them how the mod works they should be fine, and more importantly loyal. I did this once on another server. Called it the Noobs resistance army. It did pretty well. A group of 3 guys in diamond were spawn camping on the server windoom. So i armed 5 of my noobs with iron and we slaughtered them.

And but how would you do against a group of specialised criminals

Criminals armed with a 2km destroyer
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard_cypher
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Posts : 76
Join date : 2012-08-20
Age : 25
Location : USA east coast

PostSubject: Re: What will you do in FC?   Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:28 pm

with skill and cunning. Sure most noobs or worthless, but every once and a while we will come across a truly skilled player who just needs a hand to get rolling. Guess who he will join? Will he join the lawless bandits who have attacked us, Or will he join the side that supported him and took the time to help him understand how this mod works when it is finely released in all it's shining glory? You know, indoctrination is much easier when you are the good guys.

Besides noob recruitment isn't the only thing we will work on. We will try and develop trade, and even start our own group of legalized piracy. Our pirates will not only get to keep what they reap, but they will be supported with reinforcements, weapons, bombs, food, what ever they need to strike at our enemies. So i Think this will work out where order will survive. the criminals will pick fights with the wrong people because they think they can win. That's when we put them down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Groot
Marine
Marine
avatar

Posts : 1456
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 21
Location : Yggdrasil

PostSubject: Re: What will you do in FC?   Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:53 pm

Richard_cypher wrote:
with skill and cunning. Sure most noobs or worthless, but every once and a while we will come across a truly skilled player who just needs a hand to get rolling. Guess who he will join? Will he join the lawless bandits who have attacked us, Or will he join the side that supported him and took the time to help him understand how this mod works when it is finely released in all it's shining glory? You know, indoctrination is much easier when you are the good guys.

Besides noob recruitment isn't the only thing we will work on. We will try and develop trade, and even start our own group of legalized piracy. Our pirates will not only get to keep what they reap, but they will be supported with reinforcements, weapons, bombs, food, what ever they need to strike at our enemies. So i Think this will work out where order will survive. the criminals will pick fights with the wrong people because they think they can win. That's when we put them down.

Legalised pirates are called vigilantes, and you have no idea what kind of scheme the criminals are working on.

Plus not many people, or even factions can take down a squad of 2km long deeadnoughts (which I have)

Operation rock the dock in phase I
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard_cypher
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Posts : 76
Join date : 2012-08-20
Age : 25
Location : USA east coast

PostSubject: Re: What will you do in FC?   Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:15 pm

Prototype wrote:

Legalised pirates are called vigilantes, and you have no idea what kind of scheme the criminals are working on.

Plus not many people, or even factions can take down a squad of 2km long deeadnoughts (which I have)

Operation rock the dock in phase I

actually they were called Privateers. The mod isn't even out yet dude. You don't have a dreadnought yet, no one has anything yet except what they built in singleplayer. I've built ships too. I haven't completed anything to that scale, but you aren't the only one building. Also word of advice, don't build a massive dreadnought right off the bat. You won't have the experience for how thick the armor needs to be to stop the most common types of weapons and stuff along those lines. One wrong error and you lose the entire ship.

I'm not saying it would be easy. As most of the people here want to be pirates, But i think i will get plenty of support from other people who are starting empires when the time comes. Also you would need to get the materials first. So while your setting up your mining operations i'll be doing the same thing. It will be a contest of who has less of a life. Order, or noob hunting lowlifes (not saying you are one but honestly it will happen). Order will be harder to maintain so it will hopefully attract people who are willing to work hard to accomplish it. Anyone can be a pirate, but not everyone can maintain peace, and that is were the real challenge starts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Groot
Marine
Marine
avatar

Posts : 1456
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 21
Location : Yggdrasil

PostSubject: Re: What will you do in FC?   Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:20 pm

Richard_cypher wrote:
Prototype wrote:

Legalised pirates are called vigilantes, and you have no idea what kind of scheme the criminals are working on.

Plus not many people, or even factions can take down a squad of 2km long deeadnoughts (which I have)

Operation rock the dock in phase I

actually they were called Privateers. The mod isn't even out yet dude. You don't have a dreadnought yet, no one has anything yet except what they built in singleplayer. I've built ships too. I haven't completed anything to that scale, but you aren't the only one building. Also word of advice, don't build a massive dreadnought right off the bat. You won't have the experience for how thick the armor needs to be to stop the most common types of weapons and stuff along those lines. One wrong error and you lose the entire ship.

I'm not saying it would be easy. As most of the people here want to be pirates, But i think i will get plenty of support from other people who are starting empires when the time comes. Also you would need to get the materials first. So while your setting up your mining operations i'll be doing the same thing. It will be a contest of who has less of a life. Order, or noob hunting lowlifes (not saying you are one but honestly it will happen). Order will be harder to maintain so it will hopefully attract people who are willing to work hard to accomplish it. Anyone can be a pirate, but not everyone can maintain peace, and that is were the real challenge starts.

Actually schematics should be able to be transferred over to the mod when it is finished, and only a few people want to be pirates, and I do have a dreadnought, just waiting to be transferred, and I have plenty of time to refine the design in terms of armour.

Although the criminal enterprise I'm talking about (probably wont happen) would be aimed at taking down larger empires, although if your up for some APB style cops and robbers stuff that could be interesting.

And yeah you're right about the. Being called privateers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard_cypher
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Posts : 76
Join date : 2012-08-20
Age : 25
Location : USA east coast

PostSubject: Re: What will you do in FC?   Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:28 pm

yah you can transfer over ships designs, but you have to get the materials to build them first. that's what i meant. Also at the start of this thread there was quite the trend of people saying that they want to roam the galaxy laying waist to all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Groot
Marine
Marine
avatar

Posts : 1456
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 21
Location : Yggdrasil

PostSubject: Re: What will you do in FC?   Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:45 pm

Richard_cypher wrote:
yah you can transfer over ships designs, but you have to get the materials to build them first. that's what i meant. Also at the start of this thread there was quite the trend of people saying that they want to roam the galaxy laying waist to all.

That wouldn't work, you would piss off a lot of people, you could lay waste to maybe a small bit, but anything more and you would have a lot of people after you, also pirate ships probably won't be big enough to lay waste to stuff, for most people would want their big ships protected, unless pirates stile a big ship, then there would be a problem.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
avatar

Posts : 727
Join date : 2012-06-20
Age : 104
Location : omnipresent

PostSubject: Re: What will you do in FC?   Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:50 pm

Prototype wrote:
Richard_cypher wrote:
yah you can transfer over ships designs, but you have to get the materials to build them first. that's what i meant. Also at the start of this thread there was quite the trend of people saying that they want to roam the galaxy laying waist to all.

That wouldn't work, you would piss off a lot of people, you could lay waste to maybe a small bit, but anything more and you would have a lot of people after you, also pirate ships probably won't be big enough to lay waste to stuff, for most people would want their big ships protected, unless pirates stile a big ship, then there would be a problem.

You'd get a handful of n00bs that try to lay waste to other factions, but they will soon learn that superior organization and diplomacy=better, stronger faction.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
_Shadowcat_
Infantry
Infantry
avatar

Posts : 421
Join date : 2012-10-22
Age : 21
Location : Master Theif

PostSubject: Re: What will you do in FC?   Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:45 pm

*clap* *clap* *clap*
Thank you Cyber for explaining your entire anti-piracy plan, I shall now redesign my Dreadnaught cube to include this tactical situation.

And if you think piracy wont get big, Look at any MMORPG online game, Everyone one of them has some empire/faction/town full of PVP-Blowshitup people and generaly those are one of the top 20 factions.

The same thing will happen in FC someone will manage to get a highpower pirarcy faction up, All the powerful empires will NAP with them while all smaller weaker empires will be killed on sight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 5497
Join date : 2012-02-20
Age : 20
Location : AFK

PostSubject: Re: What will you do in FC?   Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:58 pm

And by nap you mean have erotic intercourse, correct?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: What will you do in FC?   

Back to top Go down
 
What will you do in FC?
Back to top 
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: General Area :: Members' Lounge-
Jump to: