Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Airsoft and Paintball

Go down 
+9
Last_Jedi_Standing
Tiel+
Commander Error
Iv121
hyperlite
The Schmetterling
Pat Best
Avenger_7
Shiva
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

Airsoft and Paintball - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 11:05 pm

Pat Best wrote:
Darth Krayt wrote:

Your comment suggests that paintball is better than video games and anyone stuck in the realm of virtual recreation is ignorant and can never experience the win you feel is present in that game.

Uhm... no... my comment suggest that being able to do something that a video game won't let you do is awesome. Like... dual wielding a sniper and a pistol for example... or not having to deal with invisible walls... or dumb, unbalanced mechanics that advantage one team or a certain class / weapon over another.
If you mean fire them both at once, you can't do that well in paintball either. If you mean have both of them, Star Wars Battlefront. Don't like invisible walls? Minecraft. Dumb mechanics? SoaSE. Very balanced, almost no 'game mechanics'. In fact, you know what sucks and is unrealistic? When someone dies in paintball, they stand up and walk off the field. That's a worse mechanic than you'd find in almost any game.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 11:06 pm

Pat Best wrote:
Darth Krayt wrote:

Your comment suggests that paintball is better than video games and anyone stuck in the realm of virtual recreation is ignorant and can never experience the win you feel is present in that game.

Uhm... no... my comment suggest that being able to do something that a video game won't let you do is awesome. Like... dual wielding a sniper and a pistol for example... or not having to deal with invisible walls... or dumb, unbalanced mechanics that advantage one team or a certain class / weapon over another.

Nukes unbalance everything. So do drones.

So does body armor. So does tanks. So does zeppelins.

HOLY COW CAN YOU GUYS GET A ZEPPELIN AND BOMB THEM WITH PAINT FROM ABOVE? That is worth it.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 11:12 pm

Darth Nihl wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Darth Krayt wrote:

If you mean fire them both at once, you can't do that well in paintball either. If you mean have both of them, Star Wars Battlefront. Don't like invisible walls? Minecraft. Dumb mechanics? SoaSE. Very balanced, almost no 'game mechanics'. In fact, you know what sucks and is unrealistic? When someone dies in paintball, they stand up and walk off the field. That's a worse mechanic than you'd find in almost any game.

Hey I can have all of those at once.

Dying and walking out? Not always, you can also lie down and play dead.
When the Eradica dies, it goes super saiyan and obliterates anything left in the gravity well.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 11:16 pm

Pat Best wrote:
Darth Nihl wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Darth Krayt wrote:

When the Eradica dies, it goes super saiyan and obliterates anything left in the gravity well.
Yes, but have you ever even seen anyone choose to play dead when they could go sit down and drink Coke or something?
And what does the Eradica have to do with anything? When Lord Nyax died, he tainted the entire area with a Dark Side aura so powerful that rocks kept hurling themselves at Yuuzhan Vong ships. Beat that.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 11:17 pm

Keon wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Darth Krayt wrote:

Nukes unbalance everything. So do drones.

So does body armor. So does tanks.

All of which have been cited as being present/possible in paintball and airsoft..?

Either way, Crysis has no invisible walls, no stupid gameplay mechanics, and a balanced set of weapons as well as no classes. No dual wielding snipers and pistols, but who the heck does that? I doubt you'd be able to pull that off were the weapons real rather than plastic toys.

I'd like to also point out that you're also dealing with walls in airsoft, you can't just stroll outside the battleground. Invisible walls. Unbalanced mechanics that favor classes/weapons? Well, as far as I can tell, in most FPS's the sniper is the most imbalanced and overpowered class, judging from what you've said thus far the same applies in these simulations.

Really, Shiva said it best, to each their own. Not everyone has mounds of money lying around to buy the proper gear, not everyone has the patience or ingenuity to deal with game bugs and imbalance.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 11:20 pm

Darth Nihl wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Darth Nihl wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Darth Krayt wrote:

Yes, but have you ever even seen anyone choose to play dead when they could go sit down and drink Coke or something?
And what does the Eradica have to do with anything? When Lord Nyax died, he tainted the entire area with a Dark Side aura so powerful that rocks kept hurling themselves at Yuuzhan Vong ships. Beat that.

I don't know, what does it? I'm talking about paintball and someone's throwing Sins at me as an argument.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 11:24 pm

Darth Krayt wrote:

Either way, Crysis has no invisible walls, no stupid gameplay mechanics, and a balanced set of weapons as well as no classes. No dual wielding snipers and pistols, but who the heck does that? I doubt you'd be able to pull that off were the weapons real rather than plastic toys.

I'd like to also point out that you're also dealing with walls in airsoft, you can't just stroll outside the battleground. Invisible walls. Unbalanced mechanics that favor classes/weapons? Well, as far as I can tell, in most FPS's the sniper is the most imbalanced and overpowered class, judging from what you've said thus far the same applies in these simulations.

Me guns be made of metal. They're quite heavy. And while there may be a battlefield limitation, there are no invisible walls within that battlefield. If I feel like climbing on a wall to get to the second floor, I can.

Judging from what I've said isn't a very good basis, obviously I'm not going to talk about the times I got shot down pathetically. The only thing that can be taken from what I've said is that when you try to snipe without a scope, you'll get owned by the guy who does have a scope.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 11:26 pm

Pat Best wrote:
Darth Nihl wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Darth Nihl wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Darth Krayt wrote:

I don't know, what does it? I'm talking about paintball and someone's throwing Sins at me as an argument.
You're talking about how video games have bad mechanics, in this case, lack of balance. Replying with SoaSE is perfectly appropriate. Then, presumably to counter my point about dead people walking off the field, you said that the Eradica titan blows up everything when it dies. Those aren't even remotely similar things.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 11:26 pm

You know, there's something called an edit button at the top right of each of your posts Razz
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 11:27 pm

Pat Best wrote:
The only thing that can be taken from what I've said is that when you try to snipe without a scope, you'll get owned by the guy who does have a scope.
I can get a no-scope hit on a flying dark trooper with a sniper rifle about 3/4 of the time, even if the darkie is on the other pier. Your argument is invalid.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 11:29 pm

Quote :
Then, presumably to counter my point about dead people walking off the field, you said that the Eradica titan blows up everything when it dies. Those aren't even remotely similar things.

Sure they are, the Eradica's ultimate is widely known as one of the most useless and imbalanced abilities in all of SoaSE
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 11:31 pm

Darth Nihl wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
The only thing that can be taken from what I've said is that when you try to snipe without a scope, you'll get owned by the guy who does have a scope.
I can get a no-scope hit on a flying dark trooper with a sniper rifle about 3/4 of the time, even if the darkie is on the other pier. Your argument is invalid.

Try it without the crosshairs.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 11:33 pm

Pat Best wrote:
Darth Nihl wrote:
Pat Best wrote:

Try it without the crosshairs.
If I had a way to remove them, I would.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 11:34 pm

Pat Best wrote:
Quote :
Then, presumably to counter my point about dead people walking off the field, you said that the Eradica titan blows up everything when it dies. Those aren't even remotely similar things.

Sure they are, the Eradica's ultimate is widely known as one of the most useless and imbalanced abilities in all of SoaSE

Erradicas are the titans, right? They cost what, 10000000 credits and a similar amount of crystal and metal, right?
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 11:36 pm

Keon wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Quote :

Erradicas are the titans, right? They cost what, 10000000 credits and a similar amount of crystal and metal, right?
The Eradica is the Advent Rebel's titan. costs some 9500 credits, 1250 metal and 750 crystal.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 11:49 pm

Pat Best wrote:
Keon wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Quote :

The Eradica is the Advent Rebel's titan. costs some 9500 credits, 1250 metal and 750 crystal.

Including all the research steps it takes???
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 11:55 pm

Keon wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Keon wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Quote :

Research, upgrades and factory not included.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 11:59 pm

Pat Best wrote:
Keon wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Keon wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Quote :

Ha. Ha. Ha.
Disclaimer:
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 12:02 am

Pat Best wrote:
Keon wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Keon wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Quote :

Okay, what is it total.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 12:08 am

I'm thinking over 9000 credits.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 12:25 am

Keon wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Keon wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Keon wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Quote :

Okay, what is it total.

2000 more credits for the factory... then something around 1200 + 1500 credits for minimal cap ship upgrades, possibly more, then another 400 credits minimum for minimal fleet upgrade, possibly more, then four levels of tech for which I can't remember the price. Bottom line is, it's very expensive.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 12:36 am

So over 9000 credits.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 1:03 am

Darth Krayt wrote:
So over 9000 credits.

It was at 9500 to begin with, so yes, it's over 9000.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 1:04 am

What, 9000?

That can't be right!
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 1:09 am

The Eradica can take any other Titan in SoaSE 1v1, but I digress...

As compared to shooting games (like SW: BF2, where I went through the entire campaign on Elite without a death) I find paintball to be much more exciting, and it has few/no rules. The only reason I liked CoD:MW2 was because of the lack of invisible walls; I could snipe from anywhere. In paintball it's standard practice for me to climb a tree/crawl under a bush/something equally sneaky, and I love it. I'm also a damn fine shot if I do say so myself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Airsoft and Paintball - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Airsoft and Paintball
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next