Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Share | 
 

 Airsoft and Paintball

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Shiva
Admin
avatar

Posts : 488
Join date : 2011-08-30
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:34 pm

That plinking is really loud, and the plates/extra gear cover my entire torso/head. I can hear those hits, and feel the stuff that smacks my limbs.

_________________
Velocitas eradico; At terminatio velocitas, celeritas occidit.
AVE IMPERIATUS FERRUM,
AVE IMPERATOR.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://futurecraft.forumotion.com
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 5497
Join date : 2012-02-20
Age : 20
Location : AFK

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:39 pm

So it's just roleplaying with guns?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 906
Join date : 2012-02-10
Location : Flying my logic bomber.

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:49 pm

I have my paintball gun set to shoot at about 375 FPS. When I hit you, you know right away Razz

The only time I've played somewhat competitively was in a d-day tourney down in the states. I borrowed a friend's gillie suit, climbed a tree and literally got 300 kills before running out of ammo. Then I got lit up when I went back to get more...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iv121
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2396
Join date : 2012-02-05
Age : 22
Location : -> HERE ! <-

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:17 pm

You should try a game with hostages , if you want to win this game should literally take you 10 seconds Razz .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 5497
Join date : 2012-02-20
Age : 20
Location : AFK

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:18 pm

Iv121 wrote:
You should try a game with hostages , if you want to win this game should literally take you 10 seconds Razz .

An Israeli encouraging future PLO insurgents.

Well, you don't see that every day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
avatar

Posts : 1497
Join date : 2012-01-30
Location : I am here. I am there. I am everywhere.

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:19 pm

hyperlite wrote:
It depends if you get shot by a gun with 450 fps in airsoft with .20 gram bbs, that can be painful, but those cheap little 120 fps guns you can't even feel hitting you.

I am not exactly sure how many feet per second a paintball gun shoots, but it is lower than 450...

Also paintballs are more blunt that bbs, they can leave a mark, I had a welt on my stomach bigger than my fist once, shot point blank by my friend in a 1v1... I ran snake...

My paintball gun's FPS can be adjusted from anywhere between 0 to 500 FPS, although on most playing fields they set a limit to prevent injuries. On close-quarters indoors maps, it's about 280 FPS. I expect it to be higher on outdoors maps, and if I go to play in the forest where we make the rules, you can expect me to crank it up as high as it can go without making the paintballs explode in my cannon.

SPeaking of point blank. I was put in a match against my best friend, just for refenrece I have a semi-automatic long range rifle, it's very big and not exactly the best to move around with in close quarters, while he's got a tiny fully automatic smg-type gun.
So there I was hidden at the entrance of the church everyone thought I would be at the top of sniping. I go to the window for a second because I spotted a target then I head back to my hidden spot at the entrance but before I can reach it I see my friend at the door duck to cover.

We're less than 2 meters from each other on opposites sides of a wall that's hardly one and a half meters wide with doors on both sides.
I must have emptied 50 rounds at those doors to keep him from ever even turning into them to open fire on me because I did NOT want to get shot at that range with his automatic fire. After what seemed like minutes of dancing around the doors and firing at each other without ever hitting anything, he also realized getting shot at that range would be painful so he decided to try and sprint for cover away.

He ran past the door and into the small field, I jumped to the window immediately and emptied at least another 30 rounds at him, hitting my already-dead ally several times in the process ( he was walking to the "dead zone" but was in my line of fire ) and finally landing hits on him till he fell to the ground.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Last_Jedi_Standing
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 3033
Join date : 2012-02-19
Age : 105
Location : Coruscant

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:23 pm

Pat Best wrote:
hyperlite wrote:
It depends if you get shot by a gun with 450 fps in airsoft with .20 gram bbs, that can be painful, but those cheap little 120 fps guns you can't even feel hitting you.

I am not exactly sure how many feet per second a paintball gun shoots, but it is lower than 450...

Also paintballs are more blunt that bbs, they can leave a mark, I had a welt on my stomach bigger than my fist once, shot point blank by my friend in a 1v1... I ran snake...

My paintball gun's FPS can be adjusted from anywhere between 0 to 500 FPS, although on most playing fields they set a limit to prevent injuries. On close-quarters indoors maps, it's about 280 FPS. I expect it to be higher on outdoors maps, and if I go to play in the forest where we make the rules, you can expect me to crank it up as high as it can go without making the paintballs explode in my cannon.

SPeaking of point blank. I was put in a match against my best friend, just for refenrece I have a semi-automatic long range rifle, it's very big and not exactly the best to move around with in close quarters, while he's got a tiny fully automatic smg-type gun.
So there I was hidden at the entrance of the church everyone thought I would be at the top of sniping. I go to the window for a second because I spotted a target then I head back to my hidden spot at the entrance but before I can reach it I see my friend at the door duck to cover.

We're less than 2 meters from each other on opposites sides of a wall that's hardly one and a half meters wide with doors on both sides.
I must have emptied 50 rounds at those doors to keep him from ever even turning into them to open fire on me because I did NOT want to get shot at that range with his automatic fire. After what seemed like minutes of dancing around the doors and firing at each other without ever hitting anything, he also realized getting shot at that range would be painful so he decided to try and sprint for cover away.

He ran past the door and into the small field, I jumped to the window immediately and emptied at least another 30 rounds at him, hitting my already-dead ally several times in the process ( he was walking to the "dead zone" but was in my line of fire ) and finally landing hits on him till he fell to the ground.
Yah. I've never played either paintball or airsoft, but the one tine I watched a game, I saw a guy get shot simultaneously by 4 different people from ~3 meters away. I don't know what the FPS was, but he screamed long enough for me to decide I could live without trying it. I do like laser tag, though.

_________________
Spoiler:
 

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
avatar

Posts : 1497
Join date : 2012-01-30
Location : I am here. I am there. I am everywhere.

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:25 pm

Darth Sion wrote:

Yah. I've never played either paintball or airsoft, but the one tine I watched a game, I saw a guy get shot simultaneously by 4 different people from ~3 meters away. I don't know what the FPS was, but he screamed long enough for me to decide I could live without trying it. I do like laser tag, though.

Good news for you! I've got four laser tag guns for sale! Good for games at home with friends! Real cheap for all four.

...let me just check if they still work from all the years gathering dust there...

Also, all you gotta do is wear proper protection and you won't really feel any pain no matter the FPS. I've got a vest over my chest, gloves and some thick military pants. I feel a bit of a sting on my legs and hands but no marks, I feel the hits on my chest but no pain at all. The only part of me that is actually vulnerable is the back and top of my head, which will be fixed soon, and my arms, because I choose to play with no protection there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
avatar

Posts : 1497
Join date : 2012-01-30
Location : I am here. I am there. I am everywhere.

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:27 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:
I have my paintball gun set to shoot at about 375 FPS. When I hit you, you know right away Razz

The only time I've played somewhat competitively was in a d-day tourney down in the states. I borrowed a friend's gillie suit, climbed a tree and literally got 300 kills before running out of ammo. Then I got lit up when I went back to get more...

Either you sat there for hours on end collecting kills, or it was a relatively small field with lots of players?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 906
Join date : 2012-02-10
Location : Flying my logic bomber.

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:31 pm

Average muzzel velocity for a paintball gun is 300 FPS. How much did you pay for yours? One of my friends has a marker that shoots at 480, and it HURTS (of course, I only wear an olive drab wifebeater and some camp cargos, so clothing absorbs almost nothing). It also cost him a LOT of money. So I'm thinking that if you have a sub-$700 unit you'd likely blow the seals if you were shooting a legit 500.

There were about 200 attackers in my sector. I sat for about 25 minutes and emptied 3 full hoppers, mainly in burst mode.


Last edited by Avenger_7 on Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 906
Join date : 2012-02-10
Location : Flying my logic bomber.

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:35 pm

Also, pat, if you mainly use semi auto try getting a muzzel brake. It eliminates the puff of air, and it makes the gun sound like an actual rifle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
avatar

Posts : 1497
Join date : 2012-01-30
Location : I am here. I am there. I am everywhere.

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:20 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:
Average muzzel velocity for a paintball gun is 300 FPS. How much did you pay for yours? One of my friends has a marker that shoots at 480, and it HURTS (of course, I only wear an olive drab wifebeater and some camp cargos, so clothing absorbs almost nothing). It also cost him a LOT of money. So I'm thinking that if you have a sub-$700 unit you'd likely blow the seals if you were shooting a legit 500.

Nothing special, a 170$ Tippmann Sierra One ( upgraded with a longer, more accurate barrel, a 4x32 zoom scope, a tactical grip, a cyclone feed system and a strap because damn that thing gets heavy when you've been holding it in your arms for hours ). I haven't fired it yet at maximum FPS because I have not been to an area where there were no limitations and it was worth upping it but I think the gun itself will handle it just fine. As long as the paintballs don't explode inside the barrel, of course.

Quote :
Also, pat, if you mainly use semi auto try getting a muzzel brake. It eliminates the puff of air, and it makes the gun sound like an actual rifle.

I don't mainly use semi auto, all my gun is capable of is semi auto. If I want to modify it to accept burst and full auto with an e-grip, I need to punch holes in the metal casing and I'm not about to punch holes into anything that cost me a couple hundred dollars just yet.

I will look into that muzzle brake though, sounds interesting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
avatar

Posts : 1497
Join date : 2012-01-30
Location : I am here. I am there. I am everywhere.

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:14 pm

I'm thinking of also getting a full auto Tippmann A-5 and buying the pieces needed to turn it into a G36C. I need a close quarters weapon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ACH0225
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2346
Join date : 2012-01-01
Location : I might be somewhere, I might not.

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:52 pm

Use a paintbrush.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
avatar

Posts : 1497
Join date : 2012-01-30
Location : I am here. I am there. I am everywhere.

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:54 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
Use a paintbrush.

Not that close,

...then again...hmmm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ACH0225
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2346
Join date : 2012-01-01
Location : I might be somewhere, I might not.

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:03 pm

Paintbrush bayonet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Last_Jedi_Standing
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 3033
Join date : 2012-02-19
Age : 105
Location : Coruscant

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:06 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
Paintbrush bayonet.
That would actually be awesome. One thing I've always wanted for laser tag is a variable-sword, like from the Known Space universe. The problem is that if you follow that train of thought to it's logical conclusion, you get either a) actual warfare, with real weapons or b) direct brain interface video games.

_________________
Spoiler:
 

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
avatar

Posts : 1497
Join date : 2012-01-30
Location : I am here. I am there. I am everywhere.

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:07 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
Paintbrush bayonet.
Thought about that but I don't want to be going stabbing people with my gun. Might break it that way. If the cannon bends in any way, it'll throw off the whole accuracy thing I've got going.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
avatar

Posts : 1497
Join date : 2012-01-30
Location : I am here. I am there. I am everywhere.

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:08 pm

Darth Angral wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:
Paintbrush bayonet.
That would actually be awesome. One thing I've always wanted for laser tag is a variable-sword, like from the Known Space universe. The problem is that if you follow that train of thought to it's logical conclusion, you get either a) actual warfare, with real weapons or b) direct brain interface video games.

I've seen rubber knives for sale at paintball locations, so I'm thinking knife kills are actually a thing for paintball games.

SPRINT AROUND WITH TWO KNIVES!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shiva
Admin
avatar

Posts : 488
Join date : 2011-08-30
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:13 pm

Pat Best wrote:
Darth Angral wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:
Paintbrush bayonet.
That would actually be awesome. One thing I've always wanted for laser tag is a variable-sword, like from the Known Space universe. The problem is that if you follow that train of thought to it's logical conclusion, you get either a) actual warfare, with real weapons or b) direct brain interface video games.

I've seen rubber knives for sale at paintball locations, so I'm thinking knife kills are actually a thing for paintball games.

They're a thing for airsoft as well. I have a rubber Fairbarn & Sykes commando knife... damned if I don't have a real one, though. Knife kills are completely acceptable - just don't actually stab someone. You're supposed to smack them like you're swinging a wet fish.

_________________
Velocitas eradico; At terminatio velocitas, celeritas occidit.
AVE IMPERIATUS FERRUM,
AVE IMPERATOR.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://futurecraft.forumotion.com
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
avatar

Posts : 1497
Join date : 2012-01-30
Location : I am here. I am there. I am everywhere.

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:17 pm

Shiva wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Darth Angral wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:
Paintbrush bayonet.
That would actually be awesome. One thing I've always wanted for laser tag is a variable-sword, like from the Known Space universe. The problem is that if you follow that train of thought to it's logical conclusion, you get either a) actual warfare, with real weapons or b) direct brain interface video games.

I've seen rubber knives for sale at paintball locations, so I'm thinking knife kills are actually a thing for paintball games.

They're a thing for airsoft as well. I have a rubber Fairbarn & Sykes commando knife... damned if I don't have a real one, though. Knife kills are completely acceptable - just don't actually stab someone. You're supposed to smack them like you're swinging a wet fish.

Figured. If I had a coordinated team under my command, we'd definitely have a couple of stealth knifers with SMGs or pistols.

Gah, if I had both of those things in that 1v2, I'd have ghosted two of their guys in seconds. Slit the first one's throat and use him as a shield as I pistol kill the second.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shiva
Admin
avatar

Posts : 488
Join date : 2011-08-30
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:42 pm

Pat Best wrote:
Shiva wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Darth Angral wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:
Paintbrush bayonet.
That would actually be awesome. One thing I've always wanted for laser tag is a variable-sword, like from the Known Space universe. The problem is that if you follow that train of thought to it's logical conclusion, you get either a) actual warfare, with real weapons or b) direct brain interface video games.

I've seen rubber knives for sale at paintball locations, so I'm thinking knife kills are actually a thing for paintball games.

They're a thing for airsoft as well. I have a rubber Fairbarn & Sykes commando knife... damned if I don't have a real one, though. Knife kills are completely acceptable - just don't actually stab someone. You're supposed to smack them like you're swinging a wet fish.

Figured. If I had a coordinated team under my command, we'd definitely have a couple of stealth knifers with SMGs or pistols.

Gah, if I had both of those things in that 1v2, I'd have ghosted two of their guys in seconds. Slit the first one's throat and use him as a shield as I pistol kill the second.

I did something similar to that once, except I pulled a grenade off her MOLLE, slipped the pin out and tossed it at her buddies one room over.

_________________
Velocitas eradico; At terminatio velocitas, celeritas occidit.
AVE IMPERIATUS FERRUM,
AVE IMPERATOR.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://futurecraft.forumotion.com
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
avatar

Posts : 1497
Join date : 2012-01-30
Location : I am here. I am there. I am everywhere.

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:45 pm

Shiva wrote:

I did something similar to that once, except I pulled a grenade off her MOLLE, slipped the pin out and tossed it at her buddies one room over.

Lmao. Unless there's some high quality paintball grenades I don't know about, I don't think I'll be buying anymore of those. Tried one yesterday, didn't do much, backfired on my friend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shiva
Admin
avatar

Posts : 488
Join date : 2011-08-30
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:52 pm


_________________
Velocitas eradico; At terminatio velocitas, celeritas occidit.
AVE IMPERIATUS FERRUM,
AVE IMPERATOR.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://futurecraft.forumotion.com
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
avatar

Posts : 1497
Join date : 2012-01-30
Location : I am here. I am there. I am everywhere.

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:55 pm

Shiva wrote:
It was one of these...

http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/4288-SPI-TB03-Hakkotsu-Thunder-B-CO2-Sound-Grenades-Beginner-Package-Includes-3-Grenade-Shells.aspx

Very impressive, and EXTREMELY LOUD. And filled with BBs.

How good's the BB spread on those?

I now need a CO2-powered paintball grenade... hmmm duct tape to the rescue!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Airsoft and Paintball   

Back to top Go down
 
Airsoft and Paintball
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: General Area :: Off-Topic Area-
Jump to: