Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Update MCforums thread, post a clear outline.

Go down 
+8
Laserbilly
Avenger_7
fr0stbyte124
Ivan2006
The Schmetterling
Talon
hyperlite
Tiel+
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

Update MCforums thread, post a clear outline. Empty
PostSubject: Update MCforums thread, post a clear outline.   Update MCforums thread, post a clear outline. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 8:51 pm

Not that I think any of my ideas are valid anymore, but I just checked the MCforum.net thread for the first time in close to 4 months, and it looks like there's a ton of ideas being tossed around and people doing stuff, but yet the OP is stoic on its nonversatility. I'm pretty confused myself after seeing all these posts about some guy doing this code, or making cores, or changing ranks...

My suggestion is that some sort of outline needs to drawn up and altered as needed so both you devs and us followers have a clear idea of what's going on, or rather what will be going on once fr0st finishes copernicus, as I'm sure everyone has their own ideas for how a certain component should function. A wiki could be nice, but as someone in that thread pointed out everything's subject to change. I think this outline would have, should it be made, the ideals mackeroth originally came up with in a nice, concise format, and set up polls for each idea put forth for a certain part of the mod. Whichever one wins the vote-race would then be put in the outline, replacing the original.

Of course, nothing would be set in stone, though, so by all rights an infinite amount of suggestions could be made for even the name of the spaceship drives. Dev votes would also need to be counted as having higher weight, since you guys are after all making the darn thing and should have a greater say than the random passerby insisting nukes are necessary. When Copernicus is finished, a final poll would be put up for each feature, and the victors would be set in stone. It might be a difficult task to achieve, yes, but ultimately it might serve to attract more developers and players so there will be a more diverse demographic once FC v.00001 comes out.

It might also be wise to post a link to this forum in the MCforum OP, that way there's one stable platform for ideas if or until this poll idea is implemented.
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: Update MCforums thread, post a clear outline.   Update MCforums thread, post a clear outline. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 11:22 pm

I was too lazy to read all of this but the title says it all I assume.
Back to top Go down
Talon
Talon

PostSubject: Re: Update MCforums thread, post a clear outline.   Update MCforums thread, post a clear outline. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 8:30 am

hyperlite wrote:
I was too lazy to read all of this but the title says it all I assume.
Essentially
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Update MCforums thread, post a clear outline.   Update MCforums thread, post a clear outline. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 8:39 am

I mostly ignore what goes on in the topic.

If I have a spare 10 hours sometime in the next few weeks, I'll update the OP, okay?
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Update MCforums thread, post a clear outline.   Update MCforums thread, post a clear outline. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 11:30 am

Mackeroth? wrote:
I mostly ignore what goes on in the topic.

If I have a spare 10 hours sometime in the next few weeks, I'll update the OP, okay?
That would be wonderful!
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Update MCforums thread, post a clear outline.   Update MCforums thread, post a clear outline. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 5:14 pm

Btw, we will definitely be able to use the cubic chunks framework if we want it. I'm now part of the Cubic Chunks development team, so we'll be able to ensure its compatibility with the Copernicus engine.

Also we might start talking with Ivorius again about Gravitycraft, though that's farther down the road.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Update MCforums thread, post a clear outline.   Update MCforums thread, post a clear outline. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 5:44 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
Btw, we will definitely be able to use the cubic chunks framework if we want it. I'm now part of the Cubic Chunks development team, so we'll be able to ensure its compatibility with the Copernicus engine.

Also we might start talking with Ivorius again about Gravitycraft, though that's farther down the road.

Looks like fr0st's free time for this mod just got slashed. In the most productive way it could.

Mack: You're 14. And it's summer. If you don't have 10 hours of free time, something is terribly wrong.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Update MCforums thread, post a clear outline.   Update MCforums thread, post a clear outline. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 5:56 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:
fr0stbyte124 wrote:

Looks like fr0st's free time for this mod just got slashed. In the most productive way it could.

Mack: You're 14. And it's summer. If you don't have 10 hours of free time, something is terribly wrong.

That depends on what hemisphere he lives in. Do you live in the good old US of A, Mack?
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Update MCforums thread, post a clear outline.   Update MCforums thread, post a clear outline. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 6:25 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:
fr0stbyte124 wrote:

Actually, it's Winter.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Update MCforums thread, post a clear outline.   Update MCforums thread, post a clear outline. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 7:54 pm

Laserbilly wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:
fr0stbyte124 wrote:

That depends on what hemisphere he lives in. Do you live in the good old US of A, Mack?
No. He does not. I don't know if where he lives is common knowledge, but it's Southern Hemisphere.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Update MCforums thread, post a clear outline.   Update MCforums thread, post a clear outline. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 7:58 pm

Warmaster Tsavong Lah wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:
fr0stbyte124 wrote:

No. He does not. I don't know if where he lives is common knowledge, but it's Southern Hemisphere.

It's common knowledge that he lives in Australia.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Update MCforums thread, post a clear outline.   Update MCforums thread, post a clear outline. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 8:04 pm

Keon wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:
fr0stbyte124 wrote:

OK then.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Update MCforums thread, post a clear outline.   Update MCforums thread, post a clear outline. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 8:20 pm

Keon wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:
fr0stbyte124 wrote:

Signal the fleet, we know where to strike!
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Update MCforums thread, post a clear outline.   Update MCforums thread, post a clear outline. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 8:27 pm

Nuclear warhead is armed and volatile. Preparing to launch at these coordinates in T minus 15 seconds.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Update MCforums thread, post a clear outline.   Update MCforums thread, post a clear outline. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 10:08 pm

Lord Tiel wrote:
Nuclear warhead is armed and volatile. Preparing to launch at these coordinates in T minus 15 seconds.
Australia is a big place, and a lot of it is fairly lifeless desert. If you aim randomly over the entire continent (which I assume you will do, since you don't know where he lives) there's a reasonable chance you won't hit a single person.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Update MCforums thread, post a clear outline.   Update MCforums thread, post a clear outline. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 10:09 pm

Lord Tiel wrote:
Australia is a big place, and a lot of it is fairly lifeless desert. If you aim randomly over the entire continent (which I assume you will do, since you don't know where he lives) there's a reasonable chance you won't hit a single person.

Not if you know ze IP.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Update MCforums thread, post a clear outline.   Update MCforums thread, post a clear outline. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 10:36 pm

Lord Tiel wrote:
Lord Tiel wrote:

Not if you know ze IP.
Which no-one but Shiva, Fr0stbye, and Mack himself has access to.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Update MCforums thread, post a clear outline.   Update MCforums thread, post a clear outline. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 10:45 pm

I can't view your IPs. Also, I'm pretty sure Mackeroth said where he was from somewhere on the minecraftforum thread.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Update MCforums thread, post a clear outline.   Update MCforums thread, post a clear outline. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 8:15 am

Lord Tiel wrote:

We at the TTC feel pretty confident that he lives within 20-50 miles of the coastline.

Spoiler:

Besides, we're a collection of nations that spans dozens of planets, how much more specific than "Astralia, Earth" do you really need to get? We were just happy to peg down the planet he's on...
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Update MCforums thread, post a clear outline.   Update MCforums thread, post a clear outline. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 9:21 am

Laserbilly wrote:
Lord Tiel wrote:

We at the TTC feel pretty confident that he lives within 20-50 miles of the coastline.

Spoiler:

Besides, we're a collection of nations that spans dozens of planets, how much more specific than "Astralia, Earth" do you really need to get? We were just happy to peg down the planet he's on...
Also, In the outback there is like no Internet (actually I don´t know but it´s quite sure) and Mac wouldn´t be able to communicate with us fron there then.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Update MCforums thread, post a clear outline.   Update MCforums thread, post a clear outline. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 6:23 pm

Lord Tiel wrote:

I think the population density in Australia is either 1 per 8km squared, or 8 per 1 kilometer squared. I can't remember which.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Update MCforums thread, post a clear outline.   Update MCforums thread, post a clear outline. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 1:43 pm

Mackeroth? wrote:
Lord Tiel wrote:

I think the population density in Australia is either 1 per 8km squared, or 8 per 1 kilometer squared. I can't remember which.
Still, thermonuke the coast and you pretty much kill everyone who has Internet access.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Update MCforums thread, post a clear outline.   Update MCforums thread, post a clear outline. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 12:02 am

Mackeroth? wrote:
Lord Tiel wrote:

It'll be 8 per km^2. We Canadians have the world's lowest at 4 per km^2.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Update MCforums thread, post a clear outline.   Update MCforums thread, post a clear outline. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 10:16 am

Avenger_7 wrote:
Mackeroth? wrote:
Lord Tiel wrote:

North Dakota for the win! For the win! For the win!
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: Update MCforums thread, post a clear outline.   Update MCforums thread, post a clear outline. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 1:54 pm

Lord Tiel wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:
Mackeroth? wrote:
Lord Tiel wrote:

North Dakota for the win! For the win! For the win!

...Antarctica?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Update MCforums thread, post a clear outline.   Update MCforums thread, post a clear outline. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Update MCforums thread, post a clear outline.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next