Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

mah ships people weather you like them or not!!!

Go down 
+6
Commander Kobialka
Avenger_7
hyperlite
Keon
Last_Jedi_Standing
Delta
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
Delta

mah ships people weather you like them or not!!! Empty
PostSubject: mah ships people weather you like them or not!!!   mah ships people weather you like them or not!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 8:51 pm

carrier:

Spoiler:

Ship 2 (Name?)

some progress made hangar is partially done engines are done bridge incomplete

Last edited by Aqueous on Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:04 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : UPDATE)
Back to top Go down
http://arsln100.forumotion.com
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: mah ships people weather you like them or not!!!   mah ships people weather you like them or not!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 9:02 pm

You're too hesitant. It needs to be less "my ships..." and more "Mah ships, people, whether ya like 'em or not!"
Back to top Go down
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

PostSubject: Re: mah ships people weather you like them or not!!!   mah ships people weather you like them or not!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 9:25 pm

Is it done or is the back a force field? Could I see the inside? Also, one thing you should do is add a bit of detail to the front, such as a couple turrets, or a com antenna.
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: mah ships people weather you like them or not!!!   mah ships people weather you like them or not!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 9:32 pm

Make that thing HUGE, GIANT and BIG

I hope it will be a lot longer once finished, extend the back a lot.
Back to top Go down
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
Delta

PostSubject: Re: mah ships people weather you like them or not!!!   mah ships people weather you like them or not!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 9:42 pm

Keon wrote:
Is it done or is the back a force field? Could I see the inside? Also, one thing you should do is add a bit of detail to the front, such as a couple turrets, or a com antenna.

1yes its done
2inside is up
3 it's an unarmed ship due to it being able to hold fighters or bombers,its also intended to come in armadas with at least 5 holding ready to launch fighters

hyperlite wrote:
Make that thing HUGE, GIANT and BIG

I hope it will be a lot longer once finished, extend the back a lot.

... want the world?
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: mah ships people weather you like them or not!!!   mah ships people weather you like them or not!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 11:07 pm

MCEdit's brushes will ruin this forum...

That thing looks almost exactly like a dropped egg.
Back to top Go down
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
Delta

PostSubject: Re: mah ships people weather you like them or not!!!   mah ships people weather you like them or not!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 11:16 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:
MCEdit's brushes will ruin this forum...

That thing looks almost exactly like a dropped egg.

you hurt my feelings... any way the ship currently has a hole in it due to my not so hot flying skills i will now work on a ship for hyperlite
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: mah ships people weather you like them or not!!!   mah ships people weather you like them or not!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 12:05 am

Sorry if you're sad, but I like honesty (both ways). Some people hate me for it.
Back to top Go down
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
Delta

PostSubject: Re: mah ships people weather you like them or not!!!   mah ships people weather you like them or not!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 12:39 am

Avenger_7 wrote:
Sorry if you're sad, but I like honesty (both ways). Some people hate me for it.

... i was joking
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: mah ships people weather you like them or not!!!   mah ships people weather you like them or not!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 3:21 am

Aqueous wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:

... i was joking

Best to cover all bases.
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: mah ships people weather you like them or not!!!   mah ships people weather you like them or not!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 10:27 am

mcedit gross. lol jk but do add color and make it out of iron. not stone. :/
Back to top Go down
http://www.thecraftersmakevideos.webs.com
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: mah ships people weather you like them or not!!!   mah ships people weather you like them or not!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 11:29 am

Are those planes in the back?

Yeah, I agree, add some details. It looks boring on the outside. Maybe a stripe or a nosecone, just make it a bit off from a elipseoid.
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

PostSubject: Re: mah ships people weather you like them or not!!!   mah ships people weather you like them or not!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 11:44 am

Yeah, add a detail color and some blocks that represent defensive weapons, otherwise they gonna get blown up real fast.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: mah ships people weather you like them or not!!!   mah ships people weather you like them or not!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 11:51 am

stufuzzycat wrote:
Yeah, add a detail color and some blocks that represent defensive weapons, otherwise they gonna get blown up real fast.

Also, have you seen the force fields some people use, which are water? To me they work really well.
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

PostSubject: Re: mah ships people weather you like them or not!!!   mah ships people weather you like them or not!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 11:56 am

I tried that on my heavier dropship, but it failed epically, even using Worldedit and MCEdit.
Back to top Go down
Luna
Recruit
Recruit
Luna

PostSubject: Re: mah ships people weather you like them or not!!!   mah ships people weather you like them or not!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 12:41 pm

I think he just set a record for worlds smallest carrier
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: mah ships people weather you like them or not!!!   mah ships people weather you like them or not!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 12:42 pm

Uh didn't you forget something ? Like engines Razz .
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: mah ships people weather you like them or not!!!   mah ships people weather you like them or not!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 12:45 pm

Iv121 wrote:
Uh didn't you forget something ? Like engines Razz .
Good point. That could give the ship some more shape.
Back to top Go down
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
Delta

PostSubject: Re: mah ships people weather you like them or not!!!   mah ships people weather you like them or not!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 1:32 pm

O.K. every ones post is noted ill just make a new ship

@keon yes i have flan's mod installed

@stufuzzycat thank you for reminding me to make a drop ship and try making a slit in the top and bottom of where the water goes

@iv there is an engine
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: mah ships people weather you like them or not!!!   mah ships people weather you like them or not!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 1:49 pm

Aqueous wrote:

@keon yes i have flan's mod installed
What content packs? I don't recognize that plane.
Back to top Go down
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
Delta

PostSubject: Re: mah ships people weather you like them or not!!!   mah ships people weather you like them or not!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 3:15 pm

that particular plane is from multiwarfare's soviet union pack i also have Germany winter edition and modern weapons plus as well as flan's world war 2 pack.

as for the ships i have 2 bodies ready for "fluffing up" however mcedit took the liberty of putting ores in one of them..
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: mah ships people weather you like them or not!!!   mah ships people weather you like them or not!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 4:52 pm

I can just imagine the people sitting in those chairs... "wow space battle. get... hey! ge- get the ta- GET THE TABLE OUT OF MY F****** WAY B****!"

mah ships people weather you like them or not!!! Bridge10
Back to top Go down
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
Delta

PostSubject: Re: mah ships people weather you like them or not!!!   mah ships people weather you like them or not!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 5:12 pm

@kob yeah the "tables" are "control surfaces" and "displays" not tables
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: mah ships people weather you like them or not!!!   mah ships people weather you like them or not!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 10:20 pm

Aqueous wrote:
@kob yeah the "tables" are "control surfaces" and "displays" not tables

oh. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: mah ships people weather you like them or not!!!   mah ships people weather you like them or not!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 1:12 am

IMMENSE DOUCHEBAGGERY BELOW. IF YOU ARE SCARED PLEASE DO NOT PROCEED.

I'm sorry, but that's terrible. I'm not going to piss in your ear and tell you it's raining, or crap out rainbows. What you did is make an ellipsoid and cut it in half. There's no design or imagination, just BLAP, instant turd ship. People are always going on about how boxy some ship is, or how 'undetailed'. This cuts the cake. For one, there is no detail whatsoever here, outside of a few blocks of glowstone and some glass. The rest is just bloody empty space.

mah ships people weather you like them or not!!! Front-10

Oh, right, and your carrier launches a grand total of one (1) bomber. No room for extras, just one bomber. ONE. I could almost forgive everything if this were a combat ship and you actually cared enough to make something that could even be called an interior, but this is just unacceptable. Whether you care or not, that's my two cents. For what it's worth, I hope your next ship isn't as bland.

1. Stay away from Worldedit or MCEdit premade shapes, etc, make your own chassis. It'd look better.
  2. In conjunction with the above, you should be able to plan an interior fairly easily. Do it. No one likes a three room ship.
  3. Properly assign your ship a function based on how big you intend for it to be. This can be easily accomplished by referencing scales in real life, for instance an Enterprise class Aircraft Carrier is very much larger than a Missouri class Battleship. Carriers are the gemstones of almost every navy on Earth. The same would apply in space as well.
  4. Try to make your design aesthetically appealing. If there was one thing I'd do to improve your pocket-carrier here, it'd be to restore the front of the ellipse. I don't know if you were pretending to be original or something, but a flat front just looks bad on any ship. Think long, sweeping wings, elegantly perched command bridges, artistically placed weapons banks. Sci fi rides on the waves of eyecandy.
  5. Plan, plan, PLAN. If you can't design on the fly, that's OK. But always keep in mind WHAT exactly you want to build, how it's shaped, etc. Freestyling can only go so far. Having a rough outline of the ship in your head as you build the craft will go a long way.
  6. Think realistically about quarters. No ship would have that huge open space right there. There'd be rooms and such, and it'd be cramped as hell due to the machinery. This craft doesn't even have an engine if memory serves. Always keep the essential components fresh in your mind- Engines, Bridge, Crew Quarters, Cafeteria, Storage. Those alone should help a lot in designing your interiors.
  7. Stop when you realize it's not going out like you planned. It's sometimes beneficial to doodle around and experiment with ideas, but far too often it just proves to be a waste of time. When things start going downhill, move onto a new design, perhaps come back to it later if you have some game-changing ideas.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: mah ships people weather you like them or not!!!   mah ships people weather you like them or not!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

mah ships people weather you like them or not!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next