Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Cool Industries (Working Ships)

Go down 
+8
Potato
blockman42
Burnttoaster
Iv121
Keon
Captain stufuzzycat
Joel
Cheatmaster
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Cheatmaster
Recruit
Recruit
Cheatmaster

Cool Industries (Working Ships) Empty
PostSubject: Cool Industries (Working Ships)   Cool Industries (Working Ships) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 5:03 pm

Now working on Weapons system

Elevator:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Control Room:
Spoiler:
Outside:
Spoiler:
Hangar (will be filled with dispensers):
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Engine:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Control Room

Could An admin please Delete all Posts?

Last edited by Cheatmaster on Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:51 pm; edited 21 times in total
Back to top Go down
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

PostSubject: Re: Cool Industries (Working Ships)   Cool Industries (Working Ships) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 5:42 pm

Potatoes. I think my point has been clearly made.

Last edited by Arial Ponder on Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

PostSubject: Re: Cool Industries (Working Ships)   Cool Industries (Working Ships) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 9:52 am

You could start by looking at cool ships from sci-fi franchises and seeing if you like any, and then use the style of those. Or you could just start building random things, which is what I did, and they aren't too appalling.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Cool Industries (Working Ships)   Cool Industries (Working Ships) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 10:20 am

Cool3306 wrote:
I have no real life and hours of time to build spaceships but I don´t know HOW THEY SHOULD LOOK
So here is my question how are you finding an Idea for an Spaceship?

PS:or All DEVs and Admins I will turn this into an real ship thread after gathering up enough creativitys so don´t Lock

There are three main ways people do it:

I: From a existing ship, be it the enterprise, ISD, Death Star, or a Ravastra Skirmisher.
II: Outside first, they build the shape and then fill it in with rooms.
III: Inside first, they build some rooms and shape a ship around those.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Cool Industries (Working Ships)   Cool Industries (Working Ships) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 11:32 am

I thinks he looks for style not ways to build your ship. Go simplistic, works for me. Can always add something later if needed.
Back to top Go down
Cheatmaster
Recruit
Recruit
Cheatmaster

PostSubject: Re: Cool Industries (Working Ships)   Cool Industries (Working Ships) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 11:02 am

Thanks for the suggestions I am working at a ship right now (or in 5 min) I am impressed that copying from existing ships seems to be the only way.
I think I will start with an simple ellipse (THX Wold Edit) and then add things I believe thats how they made the Mon-Calamari (no matter which ship class it is) in Star-Wars
Back to top Go down
Burnttoaster
Recruit
Recruit
Burnttoaster

PostSubject: Re: Cool Industries (Working Ships)   Cool Industries (Working Ships) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 11:42 am

I just mash together circles and diamonds in till they look decent then put some white design on the top Neutral

but it gets the job done
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: Cool Industries (Working Ships)   Cool Industries (Working Ships) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 12:33 pm

You can just keep building small ships until you can find a style that fits you, that's what I did.
Back to top Go down
Potato
Recruit
Recruit
Potato

PostSubject: Re: Cool Industries (Working Ships)   Cool Industries (Working Ships) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 9:31 pm

Cool3306 wrote:
I have no real life and hours of time to build spaceships but I don´t know HOW THEY SHOULD LOOK
So here is my question how are you finding an Idea for an Spaceship?

PS:or All DEVs and Admins I will turn this into an real ship thread after gathering up enough creativitys so don´t Lock

With worldedit make a HUGE rectangle out of iron block (100x50?) and break the blocks till it looks like a ship. Then hollow it with worldedit or something
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Cool Industries (Working Ships)   Cool Industries (Working Ships) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 10:13 pm

I usually sit and contemplate life for an hour or two, then say I will build a ship after a snack, then decide to muck around with everything besides my ships for a few hours, then build a bit of a fighter and claim builders block, then preen myself for a bit, then eat something else, then build the rest of the fighter. Then I repeat the process until I am tired, then I sleep. This is my shipbuilding pocess, because at Strigiforme Industrial, we prize efficiency.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Cool Industries (Working Ships)   Cool Industries (Working Ships) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 12:05 am

ACH0225 wrote:
I usually sit and contemplate life for an hour or two, then say I will build a ship after a snack, then decide to muck around with everything besides my ships for a few hours, then build a bit of a fighter and claim builders block, then preen myself for a bit, then eat something else, then build the rest of the fighter. Then I repeat the process until I am tired, then I sleep. This is my shipbuilding pocess, because at Strigiforme Industrial, we prize efficiency.

Lol! Thank you for that insight!
Back to top Go down
Cheatmaster
Recruit
Recruit
Cheatmaster

PostSubject: Re: Cool Industries (Working Ships)   Cool Industries (Working Ships) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 11:06 am

ACH0225 wrote:

This is how I do my classtest corrections we seem to be more similiar than I expected.
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

PostSubject: Re: Cool Industries (Working Ships)   Cool Industries (Working Ships) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 9:22 pm

Yay, a ship! I think you should add more exterior detail, maybe reshape a bit(I mean a lot), add some color.
Otherwise, good ship! I like the doors.
Back to top Go down
Cheatmaster
Recruit
Recruit
Cheatmaster

PostSubject: Re: Cool Industries (Working Ships)   Cool Industries (Working Ships) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 5:04 am

stufuzzycat wrote:
Yay, a ship! I think you should add more exterior detail, maybe reshape a bit(I mean a lot), add some color.
Otherwise, good ship! I like the doors.

Which door?????

Update: Door added (not to compare with the drop pod)

PS: Please delete all earlier Posts
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

PostSubject: Re: Cool Industries (Working Ships)   Cool Industries (Working Ships) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 9:22 am

The door on the bottom that I assume you jump out of.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Cool Industries (Working Ships)   Cool Industries (Working Ships) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 6:31 pm

I like the shape of your new "working" ship. For the most part, it has a good sleek-yet-solid look to it. Though, I think it might help the overall look if you round out the engine a bit.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Cool Industries (Working Ships)   Cool Industries (Working Ships) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 8:13 pm

Woah. What mod is used for the elevators, the hangars, and engine.
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: Cool Industries (Working Ships)   Cool Industries (Working Ships) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 8:37 pm

Keon wrote:

I think it's Ugacraft...

By the way: best ship you have made
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Cool Industries (Working Ships)   Cool Industries (Working Ships) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 8:56 pm

Could you make the engine diamond shaped as opposed to rectangular? Might make it more aesthetically appealing, right now the contrast between blocky and angular is kinda..off.
Back to top Go down
Cheatmaster
Recruit
Recruit
Cheatmaster

PostSubject: Re: Cool Industries (Working Ships)   Cool Industries (Working Ships) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 8:40 am

Keon wrote:

Uhm Redpower with Wireless Redpower thingy
Back to top Go down
Cheatmaster
Recruit
Recruit
Cheatmaster

PostSubject: Re: Cool Industries (Working Ships)   Cool Industries (Working Ships) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 8:42 am

First_Sith_Sitting wrote:
Could you make the engine diamond shaped as opposed to rectangular? Might make it more aesthetically appealing, right now the contrast between blocky and angular is kinda..off.

I will start a New Topic Named Project "Faberge" and build a New Ship with even more and better devices.
A rond Engine will be part of this.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Cool Industries (Working Ships)   Cool Industries (Working Ships) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 9:07 am

Cheatmaster wrote:
Keon wrote:

I still don't see how the hangar opens.
Back to top Go down
Cheatmaster
Recruit
Recruit
Cheatmaster

PostSubject: Re: Cool Industries (Working Ships)   Cool Industries (Working Ships) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 9:10 am

Keon wrote:
Cheatmaster wrote:
Keon wrote:

I still don't see how the hangar opens.

Hee is made out of Frames and is moved by motors at one side.
Cool Industries (Working Ships) 2012-027
Cool Industries (Working Ships) 2012-019
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Cool Industries (Working Ships)   Cool Industries (Working Ships) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 9:31 am

I see. I need to learn Redpower.
Back to top Go down
Cheatmaster
Recruit
Recruit
Cheatmaster

PostSubject: Re: Cool Industries (Working Ships)   Cool Industries (Working Ships) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 9:38 am

Keon wrote:
I see. I need to learn Redpower.

If you gather up some other interest I can teach you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cool Industries (Working Ships)   Cool Industries (Working Ships) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cool Industries (Working Ships)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: General Area :: Ship Design Area-
Jump to: