Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

I just thought of a problem

Go down 
+11
NOSH132
Danice123
bsb23
Hierarch Fenway
superninjakiwi
Last_Jedi_Standing
ACH0225
The Schmetterling
fr0stbyte124
oFTWoHMANoFTWo
Buggy1997123
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
NOSH132

I just thought of a problem - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I just thought of a problem   I just thought of a problem - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 10:06 pm

Building off into non-planetary systems (star only solar system) would be a great place for secret projects, like building a new ship or a base.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: I just thought of a problem   I just thought of a problem - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 10:39 pm

These non-build areas... You can fly ships into them, yes? And ships are worlds, yes? Like everything else? So construction projects in deep space could be handled exactly the same way ships are, without screwing with the in-between data.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: I just thought of a problem   I just thought of a problem - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 3:33 am

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
Even out in the deep space boonies, it's going to have to be on someone's server. We've discussed having a cloud solution at one point, but really that is way beyond the scope of this project.

So unless we win the 70 million dollar lottery and I can pay you (and others) to work full time, it's not going to happen.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: I just thought of a problem   I just thought of a problem - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 9:02 am

NECRODECRO!!!
Back to top Go down
Potato
Recruit
Recruit
Potato

PostSubject: Re: I just thought of a problem   I just thought of a problem - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 3:36 pm

Legion wrote:
NECRODECRO!!!

Well, NECRO to you too. BACK ON TOPIC... Look at my diagram down below. The empty space can be hosted by a server run by a 3rd party system. If and when this mod comes out there will be a lot of donations. (Possibly a 5$ payment to play[If you are not registered on this forum]) And then use that money to have a server hosted. Any comments?

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii------------------------iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sever A's Area----------------------------Empty Space-----------------------------------------------Server B's Area
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii ------------------------iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: I just thought of a problem   I just thought of a problem - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 5:00 pm

@ Legion

A week is not necroposting, and the reason necroposting is annoying in the first place is from people pointing it out and derailing the entire topic with people talking about necroposting. Good on Khmac for taking the bait.

@Khmac
If there's money involved in this mod, it will definitely not be an entry-barring arrangement, if we have any ability to avoid it. And members of the forum won't get any special treatment. It might have made sense for Notch who was trying to start a business. I don't want to have to treat Futurecraft like a business.

As far as servers themselves go, I can look into making it easy to mount and unmount regions, so the load can be balanced easier. Probably better than a cloud setup anyway since the servers are going to be connected by the internet.
Back to top Go down
dimitriye98

PostSubject: Re: I just thought of a problem   I just thought of a problem - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 7:00 pm

Fenway wrote:
Well, that would require too much data.

For example, to get and build at point O...
X-----------------------------------------------------------------------O

You would have to fill in data for the -- area too. And we are data-tight.
Lord Mackeroth wrote:
What he said.
No you don't, if you use memory addresses, you could have:
X(71)O
and if someone builds between them it rewrites itself as the following:
X(34)Y(37)O

Last edited by dimitriye98 on Sun May 13, 2012 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bsb23
bsb23

PostSubject: Re: I just thought of a problem   I just thought of a problem - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 7:04 pm

try not to necropost it makes people angry. (Don't post on a topic which hasn't been posted on in the last week or so) this is on the line but probably still not a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: I just thought of a problem   I just thought of a problem - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 7:43 pm

bsb23 wrote:
try not to necropost it makes people angry. (Don't post on a topic which hasn't been posted on in the last week or so) this is on the line but probably still not a good idea.
No, this is OK. It's only been a week, and it's on-topic.
Back to top Go down
bsb23
bsb23

PostSubject: Re: I just thought of a problem   I just thought of a problem - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 9:44 pm

Just kidding don't listen to me I'm terribad at that my bad (not just bad, not just terrible, I'm terribad)
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: I just thought of a problem   I just thought of a problem - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 10:07 pm

Back on topic.

So, no FC cloud system?.......

Actually, you could make servers that want to use a cloud service pay for it....
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: I just thought of a problem   I just thought of a problem - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 10:21 am

I don't think cloud works, but we should look at the possibility of a network with no master server, or one only involved in stuff like adding new people and servers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I just thought of a problem   I just thought of a problem - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I just thought of a problem
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2