Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Terran Trade Confederation

Go down 
+36
Instinct-XIV
Emperor_Revan
Captain stufuzzycat
_Shadowcat_
Acu2010
Drewmanr0435
The Schmetterling
Tiel+
Groot
Laserbilly
Commander Error
Admiral Rekiin
Soul of Jack
torrentialAberration
Caramell
bobtheshoeman
Julo
hyperlite
Eliuser12
Delta
Ivan2006
Joel
TinkerPox
Iv121
Avenger_7
evilninjakiwi
TacticalSheep5
Son of Wolves
Last_Jedi_Standing
superninjakiwi
ACH0225
Commander Kobialka
oFTWoHMANoFTWo
blockman42
Hierarch Fenway
Keon
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

Terran Trade Confederation - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 9:06 am

Iv121 wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
I completely rebuilt the dreadnaught's main battery to make it smaller. It is now 109 meters (blocks) long and 60 wide.

Terran Trade Confederation - Page 14 2012-018

I still intend to add some more detailing, but I thought I'd show you all what I did tonight!

It looks better actually , will it be like a separate turret on it ?
You should have batteries of those lining the entire ship.
Back to top Go down
evilninjakiwi
evilninjakiwi

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 9:45 am

nice ship. shame it's not gonna have the ability to rotate except maybe when the game is done.
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 9:46 am

Yep, that would be epicer. Nice turret, BTW.

Also, thats the gun, not the ship.
Back to top Go down
superninjakiwi
Infantry
Infantry
superninjakiwi

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 9:49 am

i know. that's why he said ROTATE, not fly.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 5:28 pm

Laserbilly wrote:
I completely rebuilt the dreadnaught's main battery to make it smaller. It is now 109 meters (blocks) long and 60 wide.

Terran Trade Confederation - Page 14 2012-018

I still intend to add some more detailing, but I thought I'd show you all what I did tonight!

Okay, that looks a lot better! I know you don't like detailing, but it still could use a lot more.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 5:43 pm

Laserbilly wrote:

I still intend to add some more detailing,
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 9:48 am

How far are you on the dreadnought as a whole?
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 10:15 am

Captain stufuzzycat wrote:
How far are you on the dreadnought as a whole?

Well, I think that there are roughly 6 main components to this ship. I'm not done with any of them, but i am partially done with 4 of them. Maybe around 30-40 percent done in total. But that might be really optimistic...
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 5:46 pm

Nice.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 12:17 am

Working on the port flight pod, wing, and central chassis.

Terran Trade Confederation - Page 14 2012-019
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 12:57 am

Laserbilly wrote:

Wing? That's new.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 12:58 am

Also, I recommend you install Optifine. It allows you to turn fog completely off, reducing the fogginess (duh...).
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 1:17 am

The Schmetterling wrote:
Also, I recommend you install Optifine. It allows you to turn fog completely off, reducing the fogginess (duh...).

I think he did, mack, but I'm not sure. I know he was having trouble with his carrier and it was suggested by someone.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 9:36 am

The Schmetterling wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:

Wing? That's new.

Well, I did just build it last night...Plus, I didn't really know what to call it. It's not really a wing, but it's not really a t-junction either. Maybe "arm" would be more appropriate.

The Schmetterling wrote:

Thanks for the tip, but like Tiel said, someone already beat you to it about 2 months ago. I do have Optifine, but unfortunately, my POS computer can barely run minecraft on its minimal settings. So I work with a streamlined version of Minecraft when I'm actually building, and switch over to my "photo version" when I finish a build and am ready to take pictures. Not exactly ideal, but it's the best option for my situation....
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 12:59 pm

To be honest, I adore your creations.
They are just... gigantic.
Just one thing: For me a Fleet Carrier is supposed to be bigger than a Dreadnaught, propably rename your carrier to "tactical carrier" then?
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 2:00 pm

Surp. Grm. Ivan Kintobor wrote:

Just one thing: For me a Fleet Carrier is supposed to be bigger than a Dreadnaught, propably rename your carrier to "tactical carrier" then?

For me a Fleet Carrier is supposed to be bigger than a Dreadnaught,

For me

For you. Futurecraft is going to operate on a Core system, and the developers said that for some reason the names for said cores are not going to be universal for the sake of adding confusion..well, I don't know. One man's dreadnought is another man's frigate I...guess?

Laserbilly wrote:
but like Tiel said,

Good to know people are finally figuring out Avenger is my alt.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 2:14 pm

Tiel wrote:

For me a Fleet Carrier is supposed to be bigger than a Dreadnaught,

For me

For you. Futurecraft is going to operate on a Core system, and the developers said that for some reason the names for said cores are not going to be universal for the sake of adding confusion..well, I don't know. One man's dreadnought is another man's frigate I...guess?

Laserbilly wrote:
but like Tiel said,

Good to know people are finally figuring out Avenger is my alt.

Well, your point just says that different peoples classification might allow for same ship size. (Duh, couldn´t figure out grammar)
Your point doesn´t say (and will not) that the same guy is supposed to do that stuff.
Still, I added the "for me" because there might be people for which a Dreadnaught is like the largest thing to ever be built, making Fleet Carriers something smaller.
The point is that in the sense I have experienced as "common" by now is
Fighter< Pinnace< Corvette< Frigatte/Destroyer< Cruiser< Battlecruiser/Tactical Carrier< Dreadnaught< Superdreadnaught/Fleet Carrier
Thus, I think it would be useful to rename the carrier into "tactical carrier", even if you don´t agree with the size-thing, there´s one point I have yet to make.
That Carrier haz gunz. Thus it is designed to operate inside the Battlefield.
Fleet Carriers are supposed to stay behind and let only the fighters get into the fight.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 2:23 pm

My point is your classification system doesn't apply here.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 3:18 pm

I agree with both of you. Before I built the Reckoning Class, I had intended to just call it a "carrier", but after I finished I thought there was no way I'd ever build a bigger ship, plus just "carrier" sounded boring. But now that I'm building a thousand meter ship, 500 doesnt sound all that huge anymore. However, that said,I'm still calling the reckoning class a fleet carrier. Because it is too lightly armed to armed to be put on the line of battle, its still pretty big, and it's the TTC's main fleet carrier.

I think that when you write that "fleet carriers" should be bigger tHan, dreadnoughts, you mean super-carriers.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 3:38 pm

So the dreadnaught is a thousand blocks long, eh?
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 5:03 pm

Your "POS" computer can run a 128x texture pack. It can't be that bad. Mine can barely run a 32x with Optifine, any more than that the framerate is unplayable.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 11:24 pm

Your "POS" computer can run a 128x texture pack. It can't be that bad. Mine can barely run a 32x with Optifine, any more than that the framerate is unplayable.

Yeah, I haven't tried to use my 128x pack in a month or two. I had been using a pirated version of Windows 7 for a couple years now and finally got around to buying a legitimate version this summer. Unfortunately, I didn't realize how bad my computer was in today's standards and got the 64 bit version rather than the 32 bit... Since then, my computer has given me one problem after another. I've decided to buy a new computer sometime (hopefully Black Friday) and purchase the 32 bit version with it and just switch the two. Until then, I'm just going to keep using the 16x pack I made out of my customized deuteros pack...So yeah, there you go.
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 9:07 am

Where is the download for the 16x version?
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 12:35 pm

He fails to get it on dropbox.
BTW, have you figured that out yet, Laserbilly?
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 3:24 pm

He fails to get it on dropbox.
BTW, have you figured that out yet, Laserbilly?

He's right, because of the problems I mentioned, I can't upload any new files to my Dropbox, the 16x version included. Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Terran Trade Confederation
Page 14 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next