Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Some tactical advice.

Go down 
+3
Danice123
Commander Kobialka
Tiel+
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

Some tactical advice. Empty
PostSubject: Some tactical advice.   Some tactical advice. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 1:04 pm

There's no 'Minecraft' subforum here so I guess its offtopic. All for the best though, considering this is the most popular one anyhow. Now, to the point.

I play on a PVP Factions server that I discovered last weekend. I joined a new faction a guy started without much trouble, but the difficulty started in getting there after someone killed me. This new faction guy, let's nickname him 'Cyber' on account of his username, wanted to live next to another faction, which they permitted. I made my way there, and we're all happy right? The other faction's liaison with us was named 'Zoocks', and he would occasionally give us diamonds and beef. One day I got curious and visited their base, which wasn't protected.

Nothing. A few useless items in the chest and a small, underdeveloped stripmine in that base. Don't know why, but I wasn't suspicious. Over the course of the next few days we acquire four new members for our faction, which resides in a pitiful wooden box of a base for some reason. We now have a substantial supply of Iron which I've taken to carrying on my person when logging off (for Cyber seems to love using it up x( ) and a couple diamonds, plus the diamond equipment Zoocks loaned to us. I myself had mined enough to make a sword and pick, but I lost both when a noob I helped stabbed me in the back. Most of the time I'm just chilling at spawn giving handouts to newbies, an iron sword there, a set of leather armor here..

Well, yesterday as irl day began to wane, I decided now was the time to log off. But, earlier in the day a new guy in our faction took all the diamond stuff and a lava bucket from the chests (which he promptly gave back after he was asked) so I thought it'd be best if I kept all the valuables on me when I logged off. Then it occurred to me that someone could flood the place with lava while I was gone and that'd be the end. Thus I traveled down to the mines and sealed myself into a little alcove, and then disconnected.

This morning I logged in, and the first thing I heard were explosions. My heart raced as I activated one of zombe's mods, a nice lightweight one that tells you which players are within 100 blocks of you upon pressing F12. Technically not cheating, considering nametags can be seen that far unless you have a crap setup like myself.

My heart damn near stopped when I saw the names and crossreferenced them to the factions list.

The group that had taken in our admin so he could build a base were up there, 3 of them online. This was at 5 AM in the morning, so it was obviously a sneak raid. Immediately I activated another mod, Toggleable Sneak, and decided my course of action. Zoocks must've seen my name for I saw his tag move down and then disappear - he was trying to sneak up on me. There was but one option, move to spawn. 3 seconds later I was there, and then I asked them why they blew up the base, too which they responded there was no reason.
Later on I figured it all out. They had set up a fake base to instill trust in our leader, then provided us with high tier materials so we wouldn't feel the necessity to gather them on our own, leaving us defenseless when they came to reap us. I count myself lucky I had the discretion to tuck the valuables into my pocket, had I not all would be lost. The treacherous faction's leader attempted to provoke me into PVP many times, lol. Before I left for school I changed our faction description (which shows up when you go on our land, even when you log in...all the members are on it, ofc) informing all members to go to spawn, since I'm led to believe they're going to just camp outside for a majority of the day and collect everything on everyone. All I can do is hope everyone makes it out alive with the resources we need at this point.

But when I log in when I get home today, we're going to need a strategy. A counterattack. Something. We could merge into another faction, or set out again and build a more secure fort. Alternatively, I could simply leave the faction and join another, seeing as I have all this crap on me right now. So, thanks in advance for your help Wink
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: Some tactical advice.   Some tactical advice. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 1:24 pm

If the spawn only has 1 exit like the server I play on, then this will help alot. People normally head STRAIGHT OUT FROM THE EXIT. What you have to do is go straight out then turn and go around the spawn and head in the opposite direction. I don't know if you r the traveling kind of person but I travel for about 10 hours over a period of about 5 days to get to where I need to be. Find a mountain. Put a small entrance to your new base on the side of the mountain not facing the base. That way people will walk right past it without seeing the door staring them in the face. Pick a mountain that is BORING. When I say BORING, I mean BORING. It has to be a mountain that EVERYONE would pass without a second thought. Plant trees in front of it. Put them in places trees would naturally spawn. Do not do this unless it is in a forest. It would be suspicious to find a few trees huddled around a mountain in the middle of a plain biome. If you do this in a snowy area it will help 10 TIMES MORE. When you get enough resources take the following things up to 10 blocks below the world height limit: two stacks of cobblestone, a stack of dirt, 2 buckets of water, and a bucket of lava, and a few tree saplings, if you have bone meal then thats even better. Start by making a floor. Make the floor 4 blocks thick and not too wide so you still have cobble left over. Make a cobble generator and plant a sappling and extend your base. I know there is a flaw in the plan. You would need ladders. Problem solved: set your faction home in the sky base and with your two water buckets, after you have made an infinite water source, make an artificial lake under the base.

This will take a week maximum. I thought this out too much but it works.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thecraftersmakevideos.webs.com
Danice123
DEV
DEV
Danice123

PostSubject: Re: Some tactical advice.   Some tactical advice. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 1:48 pm

Trust no one.

'Nuff said.
Back to top Go down
http://wbcentral.com
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Some tactical advice.   Some tactical advice. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 2:38 pm

The spawn can be exited in any direction, and is prone to diamond equipped people camping. I'm worried that if we all set out at once then we'll be apt to get attacked. But if we do it too slowly then people will know what direction we're headed in and track us down.

I do believe I need to get back on to get more information to base my plan on. If people ragequit then I'm just forming my own faction or joining someone else's. If not, we'll build a sky base following your plan, Kobi.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Some tactical advice.   Some tactical advice. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 2:48 pm

Kill them all. Every one of them. Bury your treasure where only you can find it, and then hunt them down. Travel with an empty inventory so getting killed is no biggie. Find their base, loot the crap out of it, and run like hell. Also, invest in TNT and redstone. Tunnel under their base and blow it sky-high.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Some tactical advice.   Some tactical advice. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 2:50 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
Kill them all. Every one of them. Bury your treasure where only you can find it, and then hunt them down. Travel with an empty inventory so getting killed is no biggie. Find their base, loot the crap out of it, and run like hell. Also, invest in TNT and redstone. Tunnel under their base and blow it sky-high.

Easier said than done. tongue

They appear to have an xrayer on their team so all of them have full diamond armor and weapons, presumably enchanted as well. I'm not up to snuff with my pvp skills so going against them would end pretty badly. The only solution at the moment appears to 'march in the other direction' before they can convince the other factions to enemy us.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Some tactical advice.   Some tactical advice. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 6:01 pm

What rules are there?

Like, are there any protections? Any safe zones? Any at all?
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Some tactical advice.   Some tactical advice. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 6:06 pm

Nope. Nothing but spawn is protected, though you can make your own faction to get protection based on how many people are in it. I have no idea how the enemy got tnt in our base; probably a cannon.
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: Some tactical advice.   Some tactical advice. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 6:16 pm

What server is this? it sounds awesome Very Happy

dig down, settle the nether, go 1000 blocks out?

any mods on?
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Some tactical advice.   Some tactical advice. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 6:20 pm

74.209.179.4:25595

Factions, Nocheat, Essentials, McMMO

Those are all that I can see.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Some tactical advice.   Some tactical advice. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 6:35 pm

How many peeps to protection in base?

I would tunnel through the nether or speedhack to 10 km away.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Some tactical advice.   Some tactical advice. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 6:43 pm

Well, with 1 guy you can protect like 5 chunks or so, more than sufficient unless you need more space for, coincidentally, more clan members. Factions is a pretty nice plugin. And nether bases don't work since nether portals are broken.
Back to top Go down
Burnttoaster
Recruit
Recruit
Burnttoaster

PostSubject: Re: Some tactical advice.   Some tactical advice. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 6:58 pm

nothing say fuck you like a ton of tnt cannon simultaneously firing at a unsuspecting base make sure there high up for better range and in-case they try to counter attack so you can shoot them with arrows but they can't shoot because you re at a hight arrows can't reach

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some tactical advice.   Some tactical advice. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some tactical advice.
Page 1 of 1