Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Pat's ships, Mackerothed!

Go down 
+7
Tell
skeletonman101
blockman42
Keon
Iv121
Talon
The Schmetterling
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Whose version is better? (Post your own if you want it to be included)
Mine!
Pat's ships, Mackerothed! Vote_lcap85%Pat's ships, Mackerothed! Vote_rcap
 85% [ 17 ]
Pat's!
Pat's ships, Mackerothed! Vote_lcap15%Pat's ships, Mackerothed! Vote_rcap
 15% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 20

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

Pat's ships, Mackerothed! Empty
PostSubject: Pat's ships, Mackerothed!   Pat's ships, Mackerothed! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 6:40 am

So, some of you, Pat especially, may remember the first time when I saw Pat's ships, I criticized his design principles. This is proof that I was right: his ships, although detailed, are disproportionate, and rather bulbous, especially his largest cruiser.

What I did was cone his larger ship, sawed it in half (literally) and added in a good 30 blocks of length, and I think it looks a lot more balanced now. I changed the blue theme to crimson, but it looks about the same either way.

Oh, and Pat/anyone else: feel free to download my ships, in my construction log, and make them better. I welcome the criticism. I even give you permission to CLONE my version of Pat's cruiser, and improve on it yourself or blow it up, I don't care. But take your own clone, don't defile the original (my version).

I would love to see a collection of ships which all originated from the one cruiser, but all have different design tastes.

I have yet to do the interior, which I think could also use some improvement. Also, I set a warp to my version: "Mackeroth's". Pat's is at the spawn.

Have some pictures:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Lord Mackeroth on Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:19 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Talon
Talon

PostSubject: Re: Pat's ships, Mackerothed!   Pat's ships, Mackerothed! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 6:51 am

Very Nice! It is less bulky and excessive, making it more battle capable.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Pat's ships, Mackerothed!   Pat's ships, Mackerothed! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 7:05 am

Talon93 wrote:
Very Nice! It is less bulky and excessive, making it more battle capable.

Thank you.

It would still be a pain to repair after a battle, as both Pat's and my ships are highly detailed.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Pat's ships, Mackerothed!   Pat's ships, Mackerothed! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 7:16 am

than add "fix" option to the ship build block - like building from schematic files but replacing air only.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Pat's ships, Mackerothed!   Pat's ships, Mackerothed! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 7:21 am

Iv121 wrote:
than add "fix" option to the ship build block - like building from schematic files but replacing air only.

That won't work in survival, where we will actually be using our ships, once Futurecraft is released.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Pat's ships, Mackerothed!   Pat's ships, Mackerothed! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 8:10 am

why ? It will relive us from allot of hard and boring work. I'm not saying it will happen free you have to have those blocks in order to use them and to make it even more real the blocks will be placed with time intervals so damaged ships won't join the battle like 30 mins after fleeing .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pat's ships, Mackerothed!   Pat's ships, Mackerothed! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 1:28 pm

What is that star base in the background.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Pat's ships, Mackerothed!   Pat's ships, Mackerothed! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 7:06 pm

I hated the red, but I like the design. But now it's blue so all is well.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Pat's ships, Mackerothed!   Pat's ships, Mackerothed! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 8:24 pm

caltech117 wrote:
What is that star base in the background.

The server's main space station.
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: Pat's ships, Mackerothed!   Pat's ships, Mackerothed! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 9:43 pm

Its nice, but I like when people make there own ships not when they copy and paste parts of other people's... But, I like it
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Pat's ships, Mackerothed!   Pat's ships, Mackerothed! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 7:09 am

blockman42 wrote:
Its nice, but I like when people make there own ships not when they copy and paste parts of other people's... But, I like it

I prefer it when people can take someone else's design, and improve it. Like when (who was it?) took my dreadnought and "weaponized" it.

I might like to try an experiment about this...
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: Pat's ships, Mackerothed!   Pat's ships, Mackerothed! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 10:53 am

Lord Mackeroth wrote:
blockman42 wrote:

I prefer it when people can take someone else's design, and improve it. Like when (who was it?) took my dreadnought and "weaponized" it.

It was hyperlite I think
Back to top Go down
skeletonman101

PostSubject: Re: Pat's ships, Mackerothed!   Pat's ships, Mackerothed! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 1:39 pm

nice ship Surprised
Back to top Go down
Tell
Recruit
Recruit
Tell

PostSubject: Re: Pat's ships, Mackerothed!   Pat's ships, Mackerothed! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 1:41 pm

nice ship
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Pat's ships, Mackerothed!   Pat's ships, Mackerothed! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 10:59 pm

tell wrote:
nice ship
Thanks. Not mine. geek
Back to top Go down
kennysmith1234
kennysmith1234

PostSubject: Re: Pat's ships, Mackerothed!   Pat's ships, Mackerothed! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 1:14 am

Lord Mackeroth wrote:
So, some of you, Pat especially, may remember the first time when I saw Pat's ships, I criticized his design principles. This is proof that I was right: his ships, although detailed, are disproportionate, and rather bulbous, especially his largest cruiser.

What I did was cone his larger ship, sawed it in half (literally) and added in a good 30 blocks of length, and I think it looks a lot more balanced now. I changed the blue theme to crimson, but it looks about the same either way.

Oh, and Pat/anyone else: feel free to download my ships, in my construction log, and make them better. I welcome the criticism. I even give you permission to CLONE my version of Pat's cruiser, and improve on it yourself or blow it up, I don't care. But take your own clone, don't defile the original (my version).

I would love to see a collection of ships which all originated from the one cruiser, but all have different design tastes.

I have yet to do the interior, which I think could also use some improvement. Also, I set a warp to my version: "Mackeroth's". Pat's is at the spawn.

Have some pictures:

Spoiler:

I am in love...rainbows hath spewed forth from me.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Pat's ships, Mackerothed!   Pat's ships, Mackerothed! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 4:24 am

kennysmith1234 wrote:
Lord Mackeroth wrote:

Have some pictures:

Spoiler:

Thank you.

Even I, when I zoomed back and look at it from the side almost started crying. I never even knew I could build that well, or anyone could for that matter.

Wow. I sound arrogant, don't I...
Back to top Go down
kennysmith1234
kennysmith1234

PostSubject: Re: Pat's ships, Mackerothed!   Pat's ships, Mackerothed! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 4:31 am

Lord Mackeroth wrote:
kennysmith1234 wrote:
Lord Mackeroth wrote:

Have some pictures:

Spoiler:

Thank you.

Even I, when I zoomed back and look at it from the side almost started crying. I never even knew I could build that well, or anyone could for that matter.

No, you sound...like someone that can most certainly rival BlockFortress in building. His stuff is kinda overrated anywho. Razz
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Pat's ships, Mackerothed!   Pat's ships, Mackerothed! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 4:34 am

blockman42 wrote:
Lord Mackeroth wrote:
blockman42 wrote:

It was hyperlite I think
Yeah, it was.
Back to top Go down
Tau
Infantry
Infantry
Tau

PostSubject: Re: Pat's ships, Mackerothed!   Pat's ships, Mackerothed! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 10:28 am

Those were some much needed improvements, thank you.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Pat's ships, Mackerothed!   Pat's ships, Mackerothed! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 11:47 am

I like the idea of what you've done to my ship, but there are a whole bunch of things I would have done differently in the execution.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Pat's ships, Mackerothed!   Pat's ships, Mackerothed! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 4:40 pm

kennysmith1234 wrote:
Lord Mackeroth wrote:
kennysmith1234 wrote:
Lord Mackeroth wrote:

Have some pictures:

Spoiler:

Thank you.

No, you sound...like someone that can most certainly rival BlockFortress in building. His stuff is kinda overrated anywho. Razz

Block Fortress was my idol!
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Pat's ships, Mackerothed!   Pat's ships, Mackerothed! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 4:41 pm

Pat Best wrote:
I like the idea of what you've done to my ship, but there are a whole bunch of things I would have done differently in the execution.

Obviously, otherwise the title would've said: "Pat's Awesome Ships of Awesomeness Rebuilt to be More Awesome", and not "Pat's Ships Mackerothed)
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Pat's ships, Mackerothed!   Pat's ships, Mackerothed! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 2:00 am

Mac could you submit the biggest one for the signatures in schematics ?
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Pat's ships, Mackerothed!   Pat's ships, Mackerothed! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 7:28 am

Iv121 wrote:
Mac could you submit the biggest one for the signatures in schematics ?

There is only the one.

And it is one the server, can I take schematics from that?

If not, just clone it and take the pictures on the server.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pat's ships, Mackerothed!   Pat's ships, Mackerothed! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pat's ships, Mackerothed!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next