Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

SOLAR FLARES (And what to do about them)

Go down 
+11
Keon
Ivan2006
torrentialAberration
Tyranid_Player
The Schmetterling
Tiel+
Grand Imperial Thunder
fr0stbyte124
hyperlite
Last_Jedi_Standing
Dux Tell31
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dux Tell31
Recruit
Recruit
Dux Tell31

SOLAR FLARES (And what to do about them) Empty
PostSubject: SOLAR FLARES (And what to do about them)   SOLAR FLARES (And what to do about them) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 10:20 pm

I believe that Solar Flares should added to Futurecraft, I don't know if this has been brought up before, but oh well.

Heres how it would work,

Every 15-20 day-night cycles a Solar Flare would have chance of occurring (60 or 70?). If one DOES occur, then any unprotected electronics and lifeforms(pigs, players, trees) with a "line of sight" to the sun would suffer damage, "short circuit"(please provide ideas on this) or start decaying.

We'ed use two ores Lead, and Osmium. (and add others based on comments, maybe gold?)

Each would protect you from flares, but lead has a durability, and Osmium doesn't(it wount break from "ware and tare".

The ores could be crafted into upgrades for machines like the over-clocker in Tekkit

Please reply and debate, and stay on topic! study
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: SOLAR FLARES (And what to do about them)   SOLAR FLARES (And what to do about them) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 10:36 pm

Spam deleted. Please discuss the topic. Hyperlite, just don't.
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: SOLAR FLARES (And what to do about them)   SOLAR FLARES (And what to do about them) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 10:41 pm

Hall monitor!

Away!

Last edited by hyperlite on Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: SOLAR FLARES (And what to do about them)   SOLAR FLARES (And what to do about them) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 11:06 pm

Director Tell31 wrote:
I believe that Solar Flares should added to Futurecraft, I don't know if this has been brought up before, but oh well.

Heres how it would work,

Every 15-20 day-night cycles a Solar Flare would have chance of occurring (60 or 70?). If one DOES occur, then any unprotected electronics and lifeforms(pigs, players, trees) with a "line of sight" to the sun would suffer damage, "short circuit"(please provide ideas on this) or start decaying.

We'ed use two ores Lead, and Osmium. (and add others based on comments, maybe gold?)

Each would protect you from flares, but lead has a durability, and Osmium doesn't(it wount break from "ware and tare".

The ores could be crafted into upgrades for machines like the over-clocker in Tekkit

I dunno. It just sounds like more of a nuisance than a feature to me.
Back to top Go down
Grand Imperial Thunder
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: SOLAR FLARES (And what to do about them)   SOLAR FLARES (And what to do about them) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 11:20 pm

Director Tell31 wrote:

Heres how it would work,

Well, it seems like a easy to over come problem and overly repetitive task to complete, Crackdown 2, basically it is a lazy way to "challenge players".
It sounds good on the surface but then it isn't.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: SOLAR FLARES (And what to do about them)   SOLAR FLARES (And what to do about them) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 2:34 am

Yeah, seems pretty annoying.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: SOLAR FLARES (And what to do about them)   SOLAR FLARES (And what to do about them) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 6:16 am

I appreciate the thought, but solar flares would just be annoying.
Back to top Go down
Tyranid_Player
Tyranid_Player

PostSubject: Re: SOLAR FLARES (And what to do about them)   SOLAR FLARES (And what to do about them) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 10:55 am

Solar Flares wont have big effects anyway
It would be really funny if you could destroy an plasma/laser gun through overloading it and all ships have to be protected anyway (because of Radiation and such stuff)
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: SOLAR FLARES (And what to do about them)   SOLAR FLARES (And what to do about them) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 12:51 pm

Solar flares should not affect electronics on planets, but instead show a harmless aurora in the sky. In space, unshielded ships would suffer failures from rare solar activity.
Back to top Go down
Tyranid_Player
Tyranid_Player

PostSubject: Re: SOLAR FLARES (And what to do about them)   SOLAR FLARES (And what to do about them) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 12:59 pm

catsonmeth wrote:
Solar flares should not affect electronics on planets, but instead show a harmless aurora in the sky. In space, unshielded ships would suffer failures from rare solar activity.

They would affect everything without an Atmosphere (there are planets without atmosphere)
The eletric overload isnt the dangerous part the ionized particles which are released are dangerous and if a ship isnt protected against this (has is shield running) Electric failures are the smallest problem.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: SOLAR FLARES (And what to do about them)   SOLAR FLARES (And what to do about them) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 2:10 pm

Tyranid_Player wrote:
catsonmeth wrote:

They would affect everything without an Atmosphere (there are planets without atmosphere)
The eletric overload isnt the dangerous part the ionized particles which are released are dangerous and if a ship isnt protected against this (has is shield running) Electric failures are the smallest problem.

Well, it´s basically like getting hit by an ion gun.
Back to top Go down
Tyranid_Player
Tyranid_Player

PostSubject: Re: SOLAR FLARES (And what to do about them)   SOLAR FLARES (And what to do about them) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 4:55 am

Finally someone is understanding me.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: SOLAR FLARES (And what to do about them)   SOLAR FLARES (And what to do about them) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 5:13 am

Still fails to sound fun. Imagine if someone made a mod that would give your character a sunburn if you were out in the sun too long. You could either spend all your time indoors or go hunting around outside for materials to craft sunscreen. I would rather play a game where sunburns don't exists.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: SOLAR FLARES (And what to do about them)   SOLAR FLARES (And what to do about them) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 12:22 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
Still fails to sound fun. Imagine if someone made a mod that would give your character a sunburn if you were out in the sun too long. You could either spend all your time indoors or go hunting around outside for materials to craft sunscreen. I would rather play a game where sunburns don't exists.

Exactly. You don't see games where you have to stop to take a bath if you have gone too long without it, nor do you see any where you have to go to regularly scheduled doctors appointments.

Plus, solar flares don't happen every 20 days.

Now if you had solar-flare surfing...
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: SOLAR FLARES (And what to do about them)   SOLAR FLARES (And what to do about them) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 2:27 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
^TerraFirmaCraft.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: SOLAR FLARES (And what to do about them)   SOLAR FLARES (And what to do about them) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 1:49 am

Darth Nihl wrote:
fr0stbyte124 wrote:
^TerraFirmaCraft.
TerraFirmaCraft gives you benefits to reward the extra work, not the least of which is a sense of accomplishment for getting to the top tier. That's the difference. You have to feel like you've accomplished something when you overcome an obstacle. The absence of an annoyance as a result of doing what is essentially a chore doesn't strike me as terribly rewarding.
Back to top Go down
lukas_schjodt
lukas_schjodt

PostSubject: Re: SOLAR FLARES (And what to do about them)   SOLAR FLARES (And what to do about them) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 8:51 am

well. i dont really like the Solar-flare idea. but maybe solar-Wind. you see NASA have already done a few experiments on solar sails.
the sun emits small particles that can be used to power ships away from the sun. if the future craft team could add some off these sails as a type of secondary "engines" or brakes if you are traveling towards the sun.
it could also be made to get probes where they needed
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
lukas_schjodt
lukas_schjodt

PostSubject: Re: SOLAR FLARES (And what to do about them)   SOLAR FLARES (And what to do about them) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 8:52 am

how do you make pictures smaller Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: SOLAR FLARES (And what to do about them)   SOLAR FLARES (And what to do about them) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 12:42 pm

Paint.NET ?

Or any picture hosting sites ?
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

PostSubject: Re: SOLAR FLARES (And what to do about them)   SOLAR FLARES (And what to do about them) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 2:41 pm

Dear mr. lukas_schjodt, can you please stop posting in old threads?
It is called necroing, and we don't like it. You might actually get banned.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
lukas_schjodt
lukas_schjodt

PostSubject: Re: SOLAR FLARES (And what to do about them)   SOLAR FLARES (And what to do about them) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 2:59 pm

Strategion Daynel wrote:

OH i see sorry
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

PostSubject: Re: SOLAR FLARES (And what to do about them)   SOLAR FLARES (And what to do about them) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 3:02 pm

lukas_schjodt wrote:
Strategion Daynel wrote:

OH i see sorry
No reason, you're new.
Just try avoid posting in threads more than a few days old, ok?

Oh and I see you're from Denmark. Guess what? I'm from Norway!
Finally I'm not the only Scandinavian here!
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: SOLAR FLARES (And what to do about them)   SOLAR FLARES (And what to do about them) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 3:19 pm

Strategion Daynel wrote:
lukas_schjodt wrote:
Strategion Daynel wrote:

OH i see sorry
No reason, you're new.

He joined more than 5 months before you did...
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

PostSubject: Re: SOLAR FLARES (And what to do about them)   SOLAR FLARES (And what to do about them) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 3:23 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
Strategion Daynel wrote:
lukas_schjodt wrote:
Strategion Daynel wrote:

OH i see sorry
No reason, you're new.

Wait what?
Really?

All this time, and I thought I was the only Scandinavian... All this time...

Sorry for treating you like a newb, lukas. I really am sorry.
Back to top Go down
lukas_schjodt
lukas_schjodt

PostSubject: Re: SOLAR FLARES (And what to do about them)   SOLAR FLARES (And what to do about them) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 3:25 pm

Strategion Daynel wrote:
Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
Strategion Daynel wrote:
lukas_schjodt wrote:
Strategion Daynel wrote:

OH i see sorry
No reason, you're new.

Wait what?
Really?

All this time, and I thought I was the only Scandinavian... All this time...

Sorry for treating you like a newb, lukas. I really am sorry.

NP. i have not been paying attention to this forum for a couple of month anyway. i never really got the NECRO thing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SOLAR FLARES (And what to do about them)   SOLAR FLARES (And what to do about them) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SOLAR FLARES (And what to do about them)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next