Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Feature REMOVAL Ideas

Go down 
+13
Avenger_7
The Schmetterling
Buggy1997123
Last_Jedi_Standing
xanex21
mouseman89
Keon
GLaDOS
Admiral Rekiin
Grand Imperial Thunder
Laibach
Tiel+
Danice123
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

Feature REMOVAL Ideas - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feature REMOVAL Ideas   Feature REMOVAL Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 7:23 pm

Kobialka wrote:
torches burning out is an idea that you CLEARLY did not think through. Imagine how disastrous that would be.

Exactly.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Feature REMOVAL Ideas   Feature REMOVAL Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 7:47 pm

oFTWoHMANoFTWo wrote:
What if you made the option of removing the stuff optional for each server because certain people can run better servers than others.

Equality. If one server has the nether, all the other servers that don't will just mine the heck out of it, meaning an inflation of glowstone, making regular miners in space unhappy. Also, the server load might be shared when one server is down, so then the other servers will have to pick up a lot of extra, uneeded slack.
Back to top Go down
bsb23
bsb23

PostSubject: Re: Feature REMOVAL Ideas   Feature REMOVAL Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 3:24 pm

So in my opinion mods are made usually to do one of three things, redesign, add to, or make something completely new. I think that rather than destroying the nether and end you amp them up a bit. Use Mineup like it has been previously discussed so we can layer worlds and in between these worlds place bedrock which can only be broken through like the crust with some fancy device and to make life more difficult make it so due to heat and gases you can only stay down there for a limited amount of time.
As for the End this needs serious amping up or repurposing. For instance as was said earlier you could just make The End an infinite ship building area. However I think with the addition of far more indepth mobs rather than just a group of endermen and a single rather unfrightening dragon how about several dragons and various other End "Beasts" which spawn randomly and give rare resources. To make it harder to get there I suggest the idea of wormholes these would be extremely dangerous and would require an extremely large piece of ancient machinery to enter. These pieces could be placed in the strongholds which would become rare and also significantly juiced.
I think this same nether core with Mineup could used on other planets but since many planets cores are inactive it could be large cave systems or ice caves or who knows maybe you could even put a journey to the center of the Earth style place there.
This would also allow the use of the Aether (Aether planets would be awesome).
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Feature REMOVAL Ideas   Feature REMOVAL Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 10:11 pm

bsb23 wrote:
So in my opinion mods are made usually to do one of three things, redesign, add to, or make something completely new. I think that rather than destroying the nether and end you amp them up a bit. Use Mineup like it has been previously discussed so we can layer worlds and in between these worlds place bedrock which can only be broken through like the crust with some fancy device and to make life more difficult make it so due to heat and gases you can only stay down there for a limited amount of time.
As for the End this needs serious amping up or repurposing. For instance as was said earlier you could just make The End an infinite ship building area. However I think with the addition of far more indepth mobs rather than just a group of endermen and a single rather unfrightening dragon how about several dragons and various other End "Beasts" which spawn randomly and give rare resources. To make it harder to get there I suggest the idea of wormholes these would be extremely dangerous and would require an extremely large piece of ancient machinery to enter. These pieces could be placed in the strongholds which would become rare and also significantly juiced.
I think this same nether core with Mineup could used on other planets but since many planets cores are inactive it could be large cave systems or ice caves or who knows maybe you could even put a journey to the center of the Earth style place there.
This would also allow the use of the Aether (Aether planets would be awesome).

We don't need the End. Its pointless, and takes up a lot of server load, server load that could be used for much better purposes. The Nether is too cramped for most ships, and again server load. If the Nether materials are added so they generate in asteroids and in small quantities in the earth, then that makes space a little more necessary. The Aether will most probably also not be added, because if the DEVs are already subtracting dimensions, then why would they add them. And on the first part, I wouldnt mind a mod that replaces strongholds with something useful, and gets rid of the End. Ground Mobs are also, to my knowledge, not being added, but maybe space mobs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feature REMOVAL Ideas   Feature REMOVAL Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Feature REMOVAL Ideas
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2