Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

The Banhammer

Go down 
+26
torrentialAberration
Ivan2006
Laserbilly
Heeltripper
Joel
Avenger_7
Captain stufuzzycat
Red Fang
blockman42
xanex21
Iv121
Last_Jedi_Standing
Pat Best
Keon
Groot
Commander Kobialka
Admiral Rekiin
Commander Error
hiloser12221
hyperlite
ACH0225
Laibach
Dux Tell31
lukas_schjodt
Tiel+
The Schmetterling
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

The Banhammer - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 1:31 am

Keon wrote:
catsonmeth wrote:
Keon wrote:
Tiel wrote:
The Doctor wrote:
This thread is about a spaceship. Create another one about how Futurecraft should be run, before I do it for you.

This thread is about the spaceship that'll lead the ostensible moderator fleet, it has plenty to do with the topic by extension. And if you'd be so kind.

Look. I make this game, I want to play. You guys over at LJS industries have a fleet. Why can't we?

Anyways, you have played factions with me. When did the powerful factions ever go for the powerful factions? No, they will prey on the weak. Sure, the weak can hide in their server and build an army, but that just leads to the Terran Turtle. I hate terran turtles. So we need some way to make the powerful not fight the weak. Now, my idea of Altera/Fuzzy should work. Nobody commented on that. What do you think.

Small, weak factions can ally with larger factions for protection until they are more powerful.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Did you ever play factions? Alliances are fake. Even factions are fake unless you have a real friend in them. It's one sided. It won't work. Why ally when you can kill and force them to submit?

Because this will (hopefully) be different from normal Minecraft. With a higher level of organization in the servers. Cooperation is needed to build ships and harvest resources to build them, let alone operate them. That should deter people that don't have a diplomatic mindset and will behave like they would in a factions server.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 2:04 am

catsonmeth wrote:
Keon wrote:
catsonmeth wrote:
Keon wrote:
Tiel wrote:
The Doctor wrote:
This thread is about a spaceship. Create another one about how Futurecraft should be run, before I do it for you.

This thread is about the spaceship that'll lead the ostensible moderator fleet, it has plenty to do with the topic by extension. And if you'd be so kind.

Look. I make this game, I want to play. You guys over at LJS industries have a fleet. Why can't we?

Anyways, you have played factions with me. When did the powerful factions ever go for the powerful factions? No, they will prey on the weak. Sure, the weak can hide in their server and build an army, but that just leads to the Terran Turtle. I hate terran turtles. So we need some way to make the powerful not fight the weak. Now, my idea of Altera/Fuzzy should work. Nobody commented on that. What do you think.

Small, weak factions can ally with larger factions for protection until they are more powerful.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Did you ever play factions? Alliances are fake. Even factions are fake unless you have a real friend in them. It's one sided. It won't work. Why ally when you can kill and force them to submit?

Because this will (hopefully) be different from normal Minecraft. With a higher level of organization in the servers. Cooperation is needed to build ships and harvest resources to build them, let alone operate them. That should deter people that don't have a diplomatic mindset and will behave like they would in a factions server.

We are the internet. Come on.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 8:39 am

catsonmeth wrote:
Keon wrote:
catsonmeth wrote:
Keon wrote:
Tiel wrote:
The Doctor wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

If we don't have any enforcement or protection and leave it as anarchy do you know what will happen? This:

People wont work together, people wont agree. They will argue, they will fight. If we look at our own experience with faction play, we couldn't agree on so much as the placing of a garden path. And you expect people (like us, who will play this mod) to spend hours upon hours building a spaceship?

Not going to happen.

Anyway, the Banhammer. I think I will make a giant squidy thing.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 5:14 pm

Fleet Commander Error wrote:
Lol sure. I'd all for> but we still need some serious worledit to get it to a manageable job.

Or we could build a supercarrier in the following manner:

person X builds forward hull

Y builds aft

Z interior fore

Alpha interior aft.

Yay, nay?

It's a good idea, but I would prefer it if it was a cooler ship than the Battlestar Pegasus. We could build a 1:1 scale of an Emperor class Battle-Cruiser, using the Mine Up mod or Cubic Chunks. (Does that work for servers?) Because and Emperor Class ships would be awesome, as well as being one of (if not the) largest Minecraft creations ever. Then we can call it the Banhammer.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 5:15 pm

But isn't being original the best?

I mean, the Emperor class is cool and ornate and everything you could ever need out of the banhammer, but a custom design sounds the best option.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 6:48 pm

The Schmetterling wrote:
Fleet Commander Error wrote:
Lol sure. I'd all for> but we still need some serious worledit to get it to a manageable job.

Or we could build a supercarrier in the following manner:

person X builds forward hull

Y builds aft

Z interior fore

Alpha interior aft.

Yay, nay?

It's a good idea, but I would prefer it if it was a cooler ship than the Battlestar Pegasus. We could build a 1:1 scale of an Emperor class Battle-Cruiser, using the Mine Up mod or Cubic Chunks. (Does that work for servers?) Because and Emperor Class ships would be awesome, as well as being one of (if not the) largest Minecraft creations ever. Then we can call it the Banhammer.

Who says that we were building the ship for you? I think that the BSG faction should have it's own flagship, and the Pegasus is the best looking/most powerful canon Battlestar.

Also, I like 40k ships and all, but I don't think that theirs is the style that you're looking for. Wasn't the Banhammer supposed to be spiky-yet-graceful? If you can't come up with your own original design, then I think you should look to Star Trek for inspiration.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 6:58 pm

Here's some source material:

Here's some ships along your original lines of thought:

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/scans/sona1.htm

Son'a Concept Art
http://www.starshipdatalink.net/art/images/stica-1.jpg

But my favorite are the Breen warships!
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 7:19 pm

Laserbilly wrote:

Son'a Concept Art

Spoiler:

I like my symmetry, thanks.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 7:37 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:

Son'a Concept Art

Spoiler:

I definitely prefer symmetrical ships too, but for some reason, I've loved the Breen ships since the first time I saw them rip apart the Federation fleet.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 7:44 pm

Laserbilly wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:

Son'a Concept Art

Spoiler:

I definitely prefer symmetrical ships too, but for some reason, I've loved the Breen ships since the first time I saw them rip apart the Federation fleet.
"Some reason". Can't guess why.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 10:01 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:

Son'a Concept Art

Spoiler:

"Some reason". Can't guess why.

I honestly have no clue What you're talking about
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Temp. topic   The Banhammer - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 6:09 am

Perhaps we should all contribute to the design of the Banhammer? By that I mean one person starts off the build with a section of it, then they give it to another person, who builds another section, and so on until we all do the interior together.

Just a thought. I really should be posting this on the Banhammer thread, perhaps I should move these posts...?
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 6:22 am

Okay so these are the sections that need to be done:

Prow/nose cone

Engines/tail

Body

Body detailing (a separate job)

Weapons

Smooth integration and diminishing the superimposed juxtaposition of various aspects of the build (making the parts play nicely)

Everybody will then help with the interior

Total length: 1km-4km. Total height: 250m: 1000m (depending on whether we have a height mod). Total blocks: 500,000,000+

I want the Banhammer (hopefully I won't change my mind again) to be made of larger, smooth plates separated by trenches of intense detail. It's a style I really like (similar to Blockman's smaller ships).

I will build the prow, which will give the next person and idea of what I want. If you want to be the next person to build, then please say so.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 6:26 am

Here, this picture may help, I'm going with something like this for the prow. I would then expect it to widen out (probably as wing/spike things):

The Banhammer - Page 11 Jama_08
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 6:37 am

The Schmetterling wrote:
Here, this picture may help, I'm going with something like this for the prow. I would then expect it to widen out (probably as wing/spike things):

The Banhammer - Page 11 Jama_08

I could help with the small ships/shuttles/shuttlebay. And redstone.

It could be known as the flagship of the UMF the united moderator fleet.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 7:25 am

caltech117 wrote:
The Schmetterling wrote:

Spoiler:

Okay, you can build those once I post some pictures, so you can get a feel for the style. Please don't be offended if I reject your (or other's) works. I want the Banhammer to be of the highest quality.

It is the flagship of the Alteran fleet, the OP God-faction that flies around bring down destruction on the unholy.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 7:42 am

The Schmetterling wrote:
Alteran fleet, the OP God-faction that flies around bring down destruction on the unholy.
That is an absolutely horrible idea, and it will continue to be an absolutely horrible idea no matter how many times you bring it up. There should not be any sort of moderator super-fleet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 7:57 am

The Schmetterling wrote:
caltech117 wrote:
The Schmetterling wrote:

Spoiler:

Okay, you can build those once I post some pictures, so you can get a feel for the style. Please don't be offended if I reject your (or other's) works. I want the Banhammer to be of the highest quality.

It is the flagship of the Alteran fleet, the OP God-faction that flies around bring down destruction on the unholy.

Don't worry I am open to criticism.

Also we should start with a kind of drydock/ box around the ship so we have a kind of guideline of how this will look so it doesn't go too wide or too high.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 8:10 am

caltech117 wrote:
The Schmetterling wrote:
caltech117 wrote:
The Schmetterling wrote:

Spoiler:

Don't worry I am open to criticism.

Also we should start with a kind of drydock/ box around the ship so we have a kind of guideline of how this will look so it doesn't go too wide or too high.

I want people to use their own creativity. I've never been good at finding the right shape for my ships, which is why I never build anything too big.

And GN (Grammar Nazi), my comment was only semi-serious. I want the Banhammer, its exact role can be decided later. (But it will always be massively overpowered, hence the name BANHAMMER!)
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 8:38 am

Grammar Nazi wrote:
The Schmetterling wrote:
Alteran fleet, the OP God-faction that flies around bring down destruction on the unholy.
That is an absolutely horrible idea, and it will continue to be an absolutely horrible idea no matter how many times you bring it up. There should not be any sort of moderator super-fleet.

Whoever this guy is is right. I am strongly opposed to a "moderator fleet." I was only offering suggestions for the style of your personal ship. Also, since it will be your ship whether it's a moderator ship or not, you should build it yourself. Honestly, no one else cares about this ship enough to build it for you. If you want this ship so bad, go build it, and stop asking everyone else to do all the legwork.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 8:57 am

Laserbilly wrote:
Grammar Nazi wrote:
The Schmetterling wrote:

Whoever this guy is is right. I am strongly opposed to a "moderator fleet." I was only offering suggestions for the style of your personal ship. Also, since it will be your ship whether it's a moderator ship or not, you should build it yourself. Honestly, no one else cares about this ship enough to build it for you. If you want this ship so bad, go build it, and stop asking everyone else to do all the legwork.

I would rather help others than build alone.

Edit: How is this ship design.
The Banhammer - Page 11 2012-011
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 5:40 pm

I think that having different people build different portions (prow, body, and aft) would just make a mismatched ship. There should be one person or a small team that does the exterior, one that makes the weapons/armor, one for interior, another for exterior detailing, and an interior detail group. That way it won't look like some builders put parts of their ships in a box, shook it up, and pulled out the Banhammer.
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 9:08 pm

catsonmeth wrote:
I think that having different people build different portions (prow, body, and aft) would just make a mismatched ship. There should be one person or a small team that does the exterior, one that makes the weapons/armor, one for interior, another for exterior detailing, and an interior detail group. That way it won't look like some builders put parts of their ships in a box, shook it up, and pulled out the Banhammer.

I build all of the turrets and weapon systems, nuff said.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 3:17 am

blockman42 wrote:
catsonmeth wrote:

I build all of the turrets and weapon systems, nuff said.

Okay, so long as some of them are the super-turrets I built especially.
Back to top Go down
GenBradley

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 7:50 am

I would like to make the Weapons. I can build a Railgun or a Plasma Cannon for example
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Banhammer
Page 11 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next