Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Avenger's Shipyard

Go down 
+4
The Schmetterling
Tiel+
Laibach
Avenger_7
8 posters

Should I put this on a server? (READ THE OP)
Yes, it's a good showcase of my stuff and everyone's skills with the ability to contribute.
Avenger's Shipyard Vote_lcap23%Avenger's Shipyard Vote_rcap
 23% [ 3 ]
No, won't be fun/already have a server.
Avenger's Shipyard Vote_lcap0%Avenger's Shipyard Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
ZOMG A COMPETITOR MUST KILL!!!!1!!1!
Avenger's Shipyard Vote_lcap54%Avenger's Shipyard Vote_rcap
 54% [ 7 ]
YOUR MOM!
Avenger's Shipyard Vote_lcap23%Avenger's Shipyard Vote_rcap
 23% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 13

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

Avenger's Shipyard Empty
PostSubject: Avenger's Shipyard   Avenger's Shipyard Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 10:09 pm

...ok, so I have decided to post pics of my present ship and ground force designs. Only my main WIP is shown, there are others, but they presently look absolutely terrible.

So, to begin, here is my Canada - class heavy cruiser. Currently, I have mounted an accelerator, a presently nonfunctional hangar, 3 engines and a single cell fusion reactor. Too lazy to post pics of the interiors at this time, but I might make this world into a server (I'll explain at the end) so people will be able to take a look for themselves.

Spoiler:

Next is my present small vehicle inventory. Left is the Beowolf class heavy tank, front middle is the Hornet class scout vehicle, front back is the Dagger class void bomber (for targeting cruisers), and right is the Halberd class interatmospheric heavy fighter-bomber. Buttons are light weapons, wool/lapis things are plasma cannons. The Beowolf can mount dual Long Range Plasma Cannons or one Heavy Plasma Blaster, the Hornet mounts 2 machine guns, the Dagger has 2 Light Plasma Cannons. The Halberd has 2 machine guns, a large engine and either a bomb bay or dual Plasma Cannons. Options are floating above their respective vehicles.

Spoiler:

And finally, my WIP. It's a Dreadnought based on the design for a Grey Knights Strike Cruiser, modified to my personal tastes.
Link for inspiration:
Spoiler:

...and the pics:
Spoiler:

Now, I am debating putting this world on a server because I need help with my dreadnought. If I do, it will have a whitelist, WorldEdit, and a 'big brother' anti griefing mod. Anyone who helps out will be acknowledged for their specific contributions, and possibly compensated via preferred rates once the mod is released. Oh, yeah, I'll probably be doing a manufacturing thing once the mod comes out, unless my computer explodes or I get a lot more players on my survival server. Or Last_Jedi buys me out. We will see what the future holds...

Constructive criticism is welcome.
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

Avenger's Shipyard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avenger's Shipyard   Avenger's Shipyard Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 11:27 pm

they're good, but you should round out the edges and add a bit of variety to them.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

Avenger's Shipyard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avenger's Shipyard   Avenger's Shipyard Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 12:05 am

CoalMiningAlchemist wrote:
they're good, but you should round out the edges and add a bit of variety to them.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

Avenger's Shipyard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avenger's Shipyard   Avenger's Shipyard Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 12:25 am

Tiel wrote:
CoalMiningAlchemist wrote:

yeah, I plan to do that after I have the big one finished....at least once the superstructure is done. It's kind of hard to round out the smaller ones though, I've tried to do it as best I could.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

Avenger's Shipyard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avenger's Shipyard   Avenger's Shipyard Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 5:42 am

I have recently been building things with a style similar to Pat's and I now find myself addicted to detail. It means that your builds take twice as long, but if done right, it can be twice as good.
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

Avenger's Shipyard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avenger's Shipyard   Avenger's Shipyard Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 1:17 pm

Lord Mackeroth wrote:
I have recently been building things with a style similar to Pat's and I now find myself addicted to detail. It means that your builds take twice as long, but if done right, it can be twice as good.

His style sure is something, I'll tell you that
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

Avenger's Shipyard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avenger's Shipyard   Avenger's Shipyard Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 5:22 pm

blockman42 wrote:
Lord Mackeroth wrote:

His style sure is something, I'll tell you that

Quite.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

Avenger's Shipyard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avenger's Shipyard   Avenger's Shipyard Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 7:09 pm

Meh. I dont understand why everyone adopted one style. If all the ships are the same style, its no fun. Thats why Strigiforme Industrial refuses to conform!
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

Avenger's Shipyard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avenger's Shipyard   Avenger's Shipyard Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 7:19 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
Meh. I dont understand why everyone adopted one style. If all the ships are the same style, its no fun. Thats why Strigiforme Industrial refuses to conform!
LJSI ships are different. At least, some of them are.
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

Avenger's Shipyard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avenger's Shipyard   Avenger's Shipyard Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 8:13 pm

Strigifome makes flying triangles, must be the owl style.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

Avenger's Shipyard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avenger's Shipyard   Avenger's Shipyard Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 8:15 pm

hyperlite wrote:
Strigifome makes flying triangles, must be the owl style.

I have other ships, you know this right? And I have only one constant style, obsidian detailing in geometric patterns.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Avenger's Shipyard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avenger's Shipyard   Avenger's Shipyard Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Avenger's Shipyard
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: General Area :: Ship Design Area-
Jump to: