Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

The Offical Feature Voting Thread.

Go down 
+20
hyperlite
ACH0225
Postronicman
Kielaran
Tiel+
Last_Jedi_Standing
Keon
mouseman89
Laibach
Commander Kobialka
kniqht152
jman0527
Cool3303
lukas_schjodt
fr0stbyte124
ectrimble20
GroundBurg_Coder13
The Schmetterling
Shiva
Buggy1997123
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

The Offical Feature Voting Thread. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Offical Feature Voting Thread.   The Offical Feature Voting Thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 11:00 am

But then a person could have a chain of bio beams and mechabeams to cause near invincibility.
Back to top Go down
Postronicman

PostSubject: Re: The Offical Feature Voting Thread.   The Offical Feature Voting Thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 11:11 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
But then a person could have a chain of bio beams and mechabeams to cause near invincibility.
This could be solved in a few ways:

1. Have "beam slots", effectively limiting the healing effect that ships can have
2. Create an energy depleting weapon, which causes a ship to lose energy constantly, causing a small amount of damage in the process (due to the conversion of energy into heat). This would eventually make it unfeasible to run such beams (presuming that they consume a large amount of energy)
3. Implement a process in which a ship can detect when it is combat. When combat is detected, beam devices would have its healing effect reduced drastically (Say, 10% of normal healing rate)

Just possible solutions to this theoretical abuse problem.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

PostSubject: Re: The Offical Feature Voting Thread.   The Offical Feature Voting Thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 10:29 am

Postronicman wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:
This could be solved in a few ways:

1. Have "beam slots", effectively limiting the healing effect that ships can have

Or just have them take a lot of weapon slots.

2. Create an energy depleting weapon, which causes a ship to lose energy constantly, causing a small amount of damage in the process (due to the conversion of energy into heat). This would eventually make it unfeasible to run such beams (presuming that they consume a large amount of energy)

Yeah, much like a cloaking field, this could make it so that say, 70 percent of the energy of a dropship would be on the healbeam. It might be able to move, or hold up the shields, but not both. Then a Cruiser can shoot people, fight, and move, and heal. But it would have to take some weapons offline.

3. Implement a process in which a ship can detect when it is combat. When combat is detected, beam devices would have its healing effect reduced drastically (Say, 10% of normal healing rate)

I would have to play around with the balance, but 30 % seems about right to me. Also, a fleet can be in combat but a medic ship, if it hasn't shot at an unfriendly ship or been shot, it has full heal.

Just possible solutions to this theoretical abuse problem.

I like it.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: The Offical Feature Voting Thread.   The Offical Feature Voting Thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 2:52 pm

What about gas mining? we'll need hydrogen for fusion reactors and nukes; oxygen for life support, changing hostile atmosphere, and fuel for missiles/explosives; and methane and propane for cooking and cheap generators.
Back to top Go down
superninjakiwi
Infantry
Infantry
superninjakiwi

PostSubject: Re: The Offical Feature Voting Thread.   The Offical Feature Voting Thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 12:37 pm

NECRO
i wish it to be such that you can only develop in one area. such as: developing energy weapons, and similer things, you woulden't think of useing, say, missiles, because you already have a weapon. since you don't use gunpowder, you nver think of explosions, so you don't create explosions on the other's ship until they show you that it exists, and works

Last edited by superninjakiwi on Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: The Offical Feature Voting Thread.   The Offical Feature Voting Thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 12:45 pm

superninjakiwi wrote:
i wish it to be such that you can only develop in one area. such as: developing energy weapons, and similer things, you woulden't think of useing, say, missiles, because you already have a weapon. since you don't use gunpowder, you nver think of explosions, so you don't create explosions on the other's ship until they show you that it exists, and works.
You did look at the date of the last post, didn´t you?
You´re supposed to label it with NECRO.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: The Offical Feature Voting Thread.   The Offical Feature Voting Thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 12:57 pm

Surp. Grm. Ivan Kintobor wrote:
superninjakiwi wrote:
i wish it to be such that you can only develop in one area. such as: developing energy weapons, and similer things, you woulden't think of useing, say, missiles, because you already have a weapon. since you don't use gunpowder, you nver think of explosions, so you don't create explosions on the other's ship until they show you that it exists, and works.
This is a sticky. You can't necro a sticky.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: The Offical Feature Voting Thread.   The Offical Feature Voting Thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 12:59 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
superninjakiwi wrote:

I never really figured out what exactly a necro is with all the exceptions and stuff.
Care to tell me accurately?
Back to top Go down
superninjakiwi
Infantry
Infantry
superninjakiwi

PostSubject: Re: The Offical Feature Voting Thread.   The Offical Feature Voting Thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 1:01 pm

oh, now i gotta reove the necro... nah. too lazy. i'll let it sit there.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: The Offical Feature Voting Thread.   The Offical Feature Voting Thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 1:20 pm

superninjakiwi wrote:

I never really figured out what exactly a necro is with all the exceptions and stuff.
A necropost is a post in a thread that has been without new posts for a long time. The time required for it to be a necropost varies, but in general a few weeks is enough. They're annoying for a number of reasons. If your post is constructive, it's OK. If you're reviving a 7-month-old thread to say 'Oh yEah ive dun that' it's not. If a thread has been stickied, it's intended for long-term viewing and is thus exempt from normal necroposting rules. I'm sure someone else will come along and add something else, but this is a good working definition.
Back to top Go down
superninjakiwi
Infantry
Infantry
superninjakiwi

PostSubject: Re: The Offical Feature Voting Thread.   The Offical Feature Voting Thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 1:24 pm

indeed.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: The Offical Feature Voting Thread.   The Offical Feature Voting Thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 1:53 pm

No, you're not. It's annoying and serves no practical purpose.
Back to top Go down
superninjakiwi
Infantry
Infantry
superninjakiwi

PostSubject: Re: The Offical Feature Voting Thread.   The Offical Feature Voting Thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 3:02 pm

indeed.
Back to top Go down
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry
Soul of Jack

PostSubject: Re: The Offical Feature Voting Thread.   The Offical Feature Voting Thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 4:06 pm

superninjakiwi wrote:
Indeed.
Yes,Indeed good sir,Indeed.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: The Offical Feature Voting Thread.   The Offical Feature Voting Thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 12:16 pm

superninjakiwi wrote:

A necropost is a post in a thread that has been without new posts for a long time. The time required for it to be a necropost varies, but in general a few weeks is enough. They're annoying for a number of reasons. If your post is constructive, it's OK. If you're reviving a 7-month-old thread to say 'Oh yEah ive dun that' it's not. If a thread has been stickied, it's intended for long-term viewing and is thus exempt from normal necroposting rules. I'm sure someone else will come along and add something else, but this is a good working definition.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Offical Feature Voting Thread.   The Offical Feature Voting Thread. - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Offical Feature Voting Thread.
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3