Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Texture pack that fits with Futurecraft?

Go down 
+5
r2fart2
The Schmetterling
Grand Imperial Thunder
Danice123
kennysmith1234
9 posters
AuthorMessage
kennysmith1234
kennysmith1234

Texture pack that fits with Futurecraft? Empty
PostSubject: Texture pack that fits with Futurecraft?   Texture pack that fits with Futurecraft? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 9:50 pm

Okay, so I use TONS of texture packs, and I am always hunting for new ones for no real reason beyond the desire to do so.

Right now though, I am using Dokucraft Dark, which is rather fitting for Futurecraft. So is Dokucraft High. But not light or medium.

I will post a few links to some fun texture packs you guys can look at and vote on.

I will keep track of the votes in the OP.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/45534-glimmars-steampunk-v37132x12-animated-cogs-alchemy-at-work-in-a-dark-victorian-industrial-world-updated-28thfeb-fixes-64x-waterlavaetc/page__st__8020__p__13535012__hl__glimmar__fromsearch__1#entry13535012

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/513093-12-dokucraft-the-saga-continues-32x/page__st__10420__p__13540185__hl__dokucraft__fromsearch__1#entry13540185

That be it. If you find more, post the link and I will ogle them
Back to top Go down
Danice123
DEV
DEV
Danice123

PostSubject: Re: Texture pack that fits with Futurecraft?   Texture pack that fits with Futurecraft? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 12:43 am

What actually needs done is a futurecraft custom texture pack, since most of the futuristic ones don't quite fit the need (in my view) or are crappy. Community project anyone?
Back to top Go down
http://wbcentral.com
Grand Imperial Thunder
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Texture pack that fits with Futurecraft?   Texture pack that fits with Futurecraft? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 1:34 am

I will not contribute to any project as I don't want to, but I will watch and gladly reap the rewards.
Rule 66
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Texture pack that fits with Futurecraft?   Texture pack that fits with Futurecraft? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 3:20 am

I was working on the texture pack, but then I came to a dilemma:

Should I retexture stuff so that it becomes futuristic, or so that it is just what it is. I think the best example of this is retexturing paintings to look like computer screens, which based on their crafting recipe, makes no sense.

If we vote yes to retexturing, than we have the issue of the crafting recipes making no sense (or things like a wooden crafting bench being made from metal), especially in survival.

If we vote no, than we have the issue of
1- how do we make wooden furniture or paintings futuristic
2- Where do we have futuristic textures

Also, should we go for a sleek, shiny future or an industrial, mechanized future.
Back to top Go down
r2fart2
r2fart2

PostSubject: Re: Texture pack that fits with Futurecraft?   Texture pack that fits with Futurecraft? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 3:53 am

Dr. Mackeroth wrote:

Should I retexture stuff so that it becomes futuristic, or so that it is just what it is. I think the best example of this is retexturing paintings to look like computer screens, which based on their crafting recipe, makes no sense.

If we vote yes to retexturing, than we have the issue of the crafting recipes making no sense (or things like a wooden crafting bench being made from metal), especially in survival.

Also, should we go for a sleek, shiny future or an industrial, mechanized future.
I say a NO to retexturizing.
1-Easy. have wooden furniture look wooden and paintings like before but with lots of pertty space ships and planets.
2-On the stuff that futurecraft will add
3-multible version. one for a sleek white, and the for a mechanical.
Back to top Go down
kennysmith1234
kennysmith1234

PostSubject: Re: Texture pack that fits with Futurecraft?   Texture pack that fits with Futurecraft? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 4:07 am

r2fart2 wrote:
Dr. Mackeroth wrote:

I say a NO to retexturizing.
1-Easy. have wooden furniture look wooden and paintings like before but with lots of pertty space ships and planets.
2-On the stuff that futurecraft will add
3-multible version. one for a sleek white, and the for a mechanical.

Well Dr. Do you need help with any textures?
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Texture pack that fits with Futurecraft?   Texture pack that fits with Futurecraft? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 5:46 am

I could use some help. If you look on my DEV log, you should; be able to find some useful information on what kind of style I was going for (obviously, the sleek and clean alien feel, we can do the industrial look later). Show me some examples of your work, and you might be able to help with some of my textures.

Sorry if that paragraphs contains any mistakes, I am practicing my touch typing (although, it is coming out more as only ook at the keyboard and not the screen, not the other way around.)
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Texture pack that fits with Futurecraft?   Texture pack that fits with Futurecraft? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 6:06 am

If you are worried about nonsense recipies leave the original blocks alone and make new ones Smile . It solves you 2 problems - New textures for the game + blocks with stats that fit futurecraft like titanium plating as armor with higher resistence.
It brings me a small idea BTW so I'm going to idea center and post there a new thread: https://futurecraft.forumotion.com/t436-armor-plating#9899
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Texture pack that fits with Futurecraft?   Texture pack that fits with Futurecraft? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 6:06 am

I'll be glad to help BTW - made some Texture packs for myself - no reason I can't make it for others.
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: Texture pack that fits with Futurecraft?   Texture pack that fits with Futurecraft? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 9:33 am

Yeah, I really think we should leave almost all of the vanilla blocks alone, except for maybe enchanting and potion brewing.

or keep potion brewing and have it the bottom tier of chemical manufacturing? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Danice123
DEV
DEV
Danice123

PostSubject: Re: Texture pack that fits with Futurecraft?   Texture pack that fits with Futurecraft? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 1:13 pm

I think that the original blocks should be retextured as a theme thing, make them match the theme of the pack, but don't change their function. Since we will be adding things like computer screens and stuff, its not necessary to make a painting look like a computer screen or whatever.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Texture pack that fits with Futurecraft?   Texture pack that fits with Futurecraft? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 4:33 pm

Retexturing is a temporary solution. Once there is a mod, ships and things will be built out of mod blocks. If we need a new texture, we can add a new block for it. However, making some simple textures for wool or something would give people a better way to make ships in the meantime.

Adding a few blocks without special properties should be fairly simple. Maybe one of the coders could do that, because it wouldn't need any of the more complicated stuff to be finished first. It would be a simple thing to keep people happy until they can have really cool stuff.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Texture pack that fits with Futurecraft?   Texture pack that fits with Futurecraft? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 7:01 pm

Right now the only point of a texture pack is for building, and I don't know anyone who does that in Survival so crafting recipes aren't an issue. I think you guys should release a teaser package of a handful of vehicles/weapons and a texpack just to serve as a preview of what's to come. As of now there isn't much in the way of progress afaik which could lead to doubts in this confused
Back to top Go down
Danice123
DEV
DEV
Danice123

PostSubject: Re: Texture pack that fits with Futurecraft?   Texture pack that fits with Futurecraft? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 1:48 pm

Colored iron. Most solid thing to come from this dev team as of yet Wink enjoy!

Haha

But seriously, when frost finishes his engine, all our minds will be blown by its awesomeness. Thats better than a few new blocks to build with.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Texture pack that fits with Futurecraft?   Texture pack that fits with Futurecraft? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 1:50 pm

Hopefully couse I'm running out of them O.o . I already use 2 full texture packs for my ships and I plan to make a third one ... could be nice to see them all without changing textures all the time
Back to top Go down
kennysmith1234
kennysmith1234

PostSubject: Re: Texture pack that fits with Futurecraft?   Texture pack that fits with Futurecraft? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 3:15 pm

Hey DR...can you post a link to your dev blog?
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Texture pack that fits with Futurecraft?   Texture pack that fits with Futurecraft? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 3:35 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Texture pack that fits with Futurecraft?   Texture pack that fits with Futurecraft? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Texture pack that fits with Futurecraft?
Page 1 of 1