Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Composer Application

Go down 
+7
The Schmetterling
fr0stbyte124
Tiel+
hyperlite
Keon
Laibach
Dux Tell31
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

Composer Application - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Composer Application   Composer Application - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 6:22 am

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
Keon wrote:
For one who sees so much of the future, you seem to be missing the fact that we can already create music just from a program with no human involved, and it's better than most modern music.
That's debatable. From what I've seen the current strategy is to copy the styles of sampled scores and procedurally generate meaningful variations, in which case what you end up with is derivatives.

Lord Mackeroth wrote:
And most modern music isn't music, it's just meaningless noise.
That's also debatable. There's more music being made right now than any other time in history, and the vast majority of it is not western pop culture. I don't think you can justify lumping it all together like that.

I can have my own opinion, can't I?
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Composer Application   Composer Application - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 4:25 pm

hyperlite wrote:
Dubstep is not music.

Just like photography isn't art... No offen-- WAIT! I actually mean to be offensive, nevermind
Back to top Go down
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Composer Application   Composer Application - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 7:31 pm

Just like non-moderators are powerless. Offense.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Composer Application   Composer Application - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 1:10 am

Lord Mackeroth wrote:
fr0stbyte124 wrote:
Keon wrote:
For one who sees so much of the future, you seem to be missing the fact that we can already create music just from a program with no human involved, and it's better than most modern music.
That's debatable. From what I've seen the current strategy is to copy the styles of sampled scores and procedurally generate meaningful variations, in which case what you end up with is derivatives.

Lord Mackeroth wrote:
And most modern music isn't music, it's just meaningless noise.
That's also debatable. There's more music being made right now than any other time in history, and the vast majority of it is not western pop culture. I don't think you can justify lumping it all together like that.

I can have my own opinion, can't I?
Of course. If you couldn't, I would say this is not up for debate.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Composer Application   Composer Application - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 10:24 pm

I suppose I could put it out there that I play an instrument of sorts.... In your tongue, it would be... Hold on, translating for specific nouns is finikcy... I play a thumb piano. Looks like this, only it has 7 keys.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Dux Tell31
Recruit
Recruit
Dux Tell31

PostSubject: Re: Composer Application   Composer Application - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 12:48 am

ACH0225 wrote:
I suppose I could put it out there that I play an instrument of sorts.... In your tongue, it would be... Hold on, translating for specific nouns is finikcy... I play a thumb piano. Looks like this, only it has 7 keys.
Spoiler:

Why have I never seen this before? Surprised
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Composer Application   Composer Application - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 10:18 pm

Its rare in your reality, and only a few have been brought through, and even fewer have been found by your kind. But the few that were fund were clearly reproduced, but incorrectly. The bowl part that is on the other side of it should be made of half a nut similar to a coconut. Also, there are only really 5 types of them, 3 key, 5 key, 7 key, 15 key, and 35 key. Ones with even numbered keys are seldom used, as they are traditionally beleived to be unlucky. Bladgardash, I assure you, but it is tradition.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Composer Application   Composer Application - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Composer Application
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3