Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log.

Go down 
+13
lukas_schjodt
Keon
Soul of Jack
The Schmetterling
blockman42
Iv121
ACH0225
Dux Tell31
Last_Jedi_Standing
Luna
Tiel+
GLaDOS
Pat Best
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log.   Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 7:47 pm

I lost the game. Darn you.
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log.   Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 8:40 pm

Son of Wolves wrote:
Speaking of MAC guns my brother almost got expelled from his school for making a gun the accelerates the projectile with a magnet, and he created it with the things that create the flash on cameras to provide the magnetic accelerator. He is a wonderful person Very Happy

Your bro is now my new hero Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Son of Wolves
Recruit
Recruit
Son of Wolves

PostSubject: Re: Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log.   Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 9:51 pm

blockman42 wrote:
Son of Wolves wrote:
Speaking of MAC guns my brother almost got expelled from his school for making a gun the accelerates the projectile with a magnet, and he created it with the things that create the flash on cameras to provide the magnetic accelerator. He is a wonderful person Very Happy

Your bro is now my new hero Very Happy

Thanks. He even told me how to get the flash things for the magnet, you have to go to the places that sell disposable cameras and say you need some of the flash things for a science project, the stores just have them lying around cause they just throw them away once they are used, one of his friends got about 500 of them this way Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log.   Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 4:07 am

How fast did the projectile travel, and how large was the gun/projectile?

I have to meet your brother, he seems like a boy (man?) after my own heart.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log.   Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 10:23 am

Avenger_7 wrote:
You are taking a very long time to finish this, I'm almost done my anti-black sun orbital cannon...how much have you done since the last update?

You ARE using MCEdit, right?

I haven't had time to put anything since the last time I touched it, over a month ago when I added the outline for the first of the six main engines.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log.   Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 10:52 am

Pat Best wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:
You are taking a very long time to finish this, I'm almost done my anti-black sun orbital cannon...how much have you done since the last update?

I haven't had time to put anything since the last time I touched it, over a month ago when I added the outline for the first of the six main engines.

There's going to be six of those things? How tall are they?
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log.   Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 10:56 am

Laserbilly wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:

Around 50 blocks in diameter, although I might make it bigger now that I think of it.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log.   Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 11:11 am

Pat Best wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:

Around 50 blocks in diameter, although I might make it bigger now that I think of it.

What's the block ceiling? Do you plan to make a fairly long ship or what? Obviously your ship is going to be a monster, I just hope its a pretty monster.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log.   Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 11:44 am

Laserbilly wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:

What's the block ceiling? Do you plan to make a fairly long ship or what? Obviously your ship is going to be a monster, I just hope its a pretty monster.

OH yeah it'll be pretty.
Back to top Go down
Son of Wolves
Recruit
Recruit
Son of Wolves

PostSubject: Re: Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log.   Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 3:14 pm

Lord Mackeroth wrote:
How fast did the projectile travel, and how large was the gun/projectile?

I have to meet your brother, he seems like a boy (man?) after my own heart.

My brother is a man, he is 21 (we were born 8 years apart and my birthday is in July, that gives you an idea of how old I am). I don't know the specifics, all I know is that my parents (who aren't strict at all) aren't very happy about what happened.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log.   Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 3:21 pm

Pat Best wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:

OH yeah it'll be pretty.

Do you already know what the finished product is going to look like? I just have no idea what a six-engine ship would look like. I hope I don't seem skeptical, I'm just really intrigued.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log.   Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 4:19 pm

Yeah I know what it'll look like. I've got a drawing of what I'm aiming for here.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log.   Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 4:48 pm

Good! Well hurry up and build it!

Or, put the world up for download, post the blue-print, and I can build it!
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log.   Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 4:49 pm

Pat Best wrote:
Yeah I know what it'll look like. I've got a drawing of what I'm aiming for here.

That's cool, what do you use, graph paper? I've spent at least 2 or 3 hours in the past day scribbling on a quadrille pad trying to come up with a freighter design that I like. I think I'm close, but the stupid engines still don't look right...
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log.   Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 5:33 pm

For this one I just used regular white paper, it's not a full detailed schematic, more of a sketch, and no Mackeroth you can't have it.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log.   Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 5:46 pm

Pat Best wrote:
For this one I just used regular white paper, it's not a full detailed schematic, more of a sketch, and no Mackeroth you can't have it.

Then I shall cast ye out of Asgard, to your doom!
Back to top Go down
Son of Wolves
Recruit
Recruit
Son of Wolves

PostSubject: Re: Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log.   Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 5:57 pm

Lord Mackeroth wrote:
Pat Best wrote:

Then I shall cast ye out of Asgard, to your doom!

Wait, we have an Asgard?
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log.   Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 6:25 pm

Pat Best wrote:

Well, with a ship as big as what you appear to be going for, using with a sketch is probably the best option at this point anyway. Are you planning to just fill in the details later?
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log.   Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 6:36 pm

Laserbilly wrote:
Pat Best wrote:

Well, with a ship as big as what you appear to be going for, using with a sketch is probably the best option at this point anyway. Are you planning to just fill in the details later?

I'll fill it in as I go along.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log.   Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 6:42 pm

Pat Best wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
Pat Best wrote:

Wow, that's crazy to me, I always try to have the whole thing planned out before I place the first block. Then again, I work from the outside in, so I guess I don't know what the insides are going to look like before I build it...
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log.   Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 6:47 pm

If I try to plan ahead, I'll get bored of it before having actually started it.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log.   Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 11:39 pm

Laserbilly wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
Pat Best wrote:

Wow, that's crazy to me, I always try to have the whole thing planned out before I place the first block. Then again, I work from the outside in, so I guess I don't know what the insides are going to look like before I build it...

Same. I have these simple exteriors, then I do all the exterior detail, then I have an equally detailed interior.
Back to top Go down
Dux Tell31
Recruit
Recruit
Dux Tell31

PostSubject: Re: Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log.   Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 10:17 pm

Any Progress? Question
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log.   Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log. - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tenebra Industries - Project Black Sun development log.
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3