Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

How trading could work (and some random gibberish)

Go down 
+10
tonyri
GLaDOS
ACH0225
Cool3303
Grand Imperial Thunder
Keon
fr0stbyte124
kennysmith1234
hiloser12221
hell2o
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

what parts of this idea do you like?
i hate whole idea and you are a stupid stupid person
How trading could work (and some random gibberish)  Vote_lcap14%How trading could work (and some random gibberish)  Vote_rcap
 14% [ 3 ]
i like the part about the ores spawning
How trading could work (and some random gibberish)  Vote_lcap27%How trading could work (and some random gibberish)  Vote_rcap
 27% [ 6 ]
i like the part about the mobs and the plants spawning
How trading could work (and some random gibberish)  Vote_lcap27%How trading could work (and some random gibberish)  Vote_rcap
 27% [ 6 ]
i like the part about adding something to stop people from filling their inv's and using a very small ship
How trading could work (and some random gibberish)  Vote_lcap18%How trading could work (and some random gibberish)  Vote_rcap
 18% [ 4 ]
i love it all
How trading could work (and some random gibberish)  Vote_lcap14%How trading could work (and some random gibberish)  Vote_rcap
 14% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 22

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
hell2o

How trading could work (and some random gibberish)  Empty
PostSubject: How trading could work (and some random gibberish)    How trading could work (and some random gibberish)  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 3:01 pm

For trade to be possible someone has to want what someone else has.

To that end I suggest that different ores, plants, and mobs should spawn on different worlds so that one world will have what another one wants.

Example: Planet Z has many iron deposits but little plant life. Planet X on the other hand has little iron but is rich in plants and thus animals. In this case people from Z could trade iron for food with people from X.

Note: I don't suggest that iron spawning should be affected by this mod; that was just an example.

I think that some of the ores that are needed for more advanced space ships (not the ores required to get into space; only the ones for more advanced ships and tools), some plants and some mobs should be affected by this.

Also there needs to be some way of stopping people just filling their inventory with things to trade and using a tiny ship as transport, since this would make cargo ships (the ones that have trailers) pointless.

Edit: I don't think that server owners should have any control over what kind of planets spawn in their system since that would make it easy for someone to make a system that has planets that have all the different ores and all the life forms (plants and mobs) and thus give them an unfair advantage. To that end maybe the IP address should be the system's seed (to make it harder to change).

Edit: so I'm not allowed to shorten text now? What's the Internet coming too?

edit: New idea: maybe certain ores should be more likely to spawn on one side of the galaxy and less likely on the other(there would also have to be ores more likely to spawn on the other side for fairness) this would mean that long distance trade runs would be more profitable(since if an ore is easy to get in one place and hard to get in an other it'll be worth more in the place where its hard to get)

edit: maybe the reason for mobs and plants being the same in one area in the galaxy could be a morphic field (from DW and TW)

For the record this is what the mods did to this post:
Spoiler:

Last edited by hell2o on Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:19 am; edited 13 times in total
Back to top Go down
hiloser12221

PostSubject: Re: How trading could work (and some random gibberish)    How trading could work (and some random gibberish)  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 4:53 pm

I like this idea, although I feel you kinda summarized how trade WAS going to be implemented.

On a side note, IP's are easy to change depending on your ISP, for example, me and all my friends with comcast get new IP's when our town loses power for like 6 hours.
Back to top Go down
hell2o

PostSubject: Re: How trading could work (and some random gibberish)    How trading could work (and some random gibberish)  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 5:17 pm

Well in some way trade is going to happen (people selling stuff like guns and ships for resources). This would be a way to encourage it. On the other hand, if it's possible to change your IP address it would be a hassle and that would discourage people from changing their server maps to suit their own means (which is fine on a normal server but if inter-server travel is possible people would abuse it).

mod edit: hint hint

Other mod edit: you missed a spot. Or several.
First mod edit: as much as possible I didn't want to modify his structuring. One step at a time.
Back to top Go down
kennysmith1234
kennysmith1234

PostSubject: Re: How trading could work (and some random gibberish)    How trading could work (and some random gibberish)  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 10:34 am

Trollolol
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: How trading could work (and some random gibberish)    How trading could work (and some random gibberish)  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 11:34 am

Gosh, it looks so nice now.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

PostSubject: Re: How trading could work (and some random gibberish)    How trading could work (and some random gibberish)  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 11:38 am

I laughed. Now this is funny. Keep making grammatical and spelling errors.

Trading can be done in minecraft, I see no reason to change it. Having agricultural planets, iron planets, etc seems good.
Are we removing enchantment or what? We could call it nanotechnology, I guess.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: How trading could work (and some random gibberish)    How trading could work (and some random gibberish)  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 11:51 am

Enchantments might turn into research, but you will get points from things other than killing stuff.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: How trading could work (and some random gibberish)    How trading could work (and some random gibberish)  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 11:56 am

Good, I always felt like an evil necromancer enchanting his blade with the soul of the Enderdragon and 54 pigs.
Back to top Go down
Grand Imperial Thunder
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: How trading could work (and some random gibberish)    How trading could work (and some random gibberish)  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 12:30 am

I like the idea of encouraging trade but this sounds over aggressive.
ne moe or miss takes and it will look like Christ mass oe n hear (ran out of creative ways to make more Christmas).
*edit win*

Last edited by Tunnelthunder on Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: How trading could work (and some random gibberish)    How trading could work (and some random gibberish)  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 3:10 am

Just to spite you I corrected your post without coloring it. Now everyone will think you meant to write it correctly.
Back to top Go down
Grand Imperial Thunder
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: How trading could work (and some random gibberish)    How trading could work (and some random gibberish)  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 3:29 am

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
Just to spite you I corrected your post without coloring it. Now everyone will think you meant to write it correctly.
O really?
Back to top Go down
hell2o

PostSubject: Re: How trading could work (and some random gibberish)    How trading could work (and some random gibberish)  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 11:21 am

I have repaired the damage the mods have done to the first post.
Back to top Go down
hell2o

PostSubject: Re: How trading could work (and some random gibberish)    How trading could work (and some random gibberish)  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 11:34 am

New idea: maybe certain ores should be more likely to spawn on one side of the galaxy and less likely on the other(there would also have to be ores more likely to spawn on the other side for fairness) this would mean that long distance trade runs would be more profitable(since if an ore is easy to get in one place and hard to get in an other it'll be worth more in the place where its hard to get)
Back to top Go down
Cool3303
Recruit
Recruit
Cool3303

PostSubject: Re: How trading could work (and some random gibberish)    How trading could work (and some random gibberish)  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 12:05 pm

The only Thing which should Change about trading is a Little GUI which opens on a Certain Key and Shows you what The Trade Partner is Going To Give you
(The Inventory Window of The Trader 2 Bars like The Action Bars which Are used To Display and Set The traded Stuff also 2Buttons One To Agree (will Be displayed with a Tick and One To Finish The Trade)
Of course you won't steal The Things which I spit on you but I think everyone Needs Safety.
Back to top Go down
hell2o

PostSubject: Re: How trading could work (and some random gibberish)    How trading could work (and some random gibberish)  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 9:45 am

I've added a poll

edit: are mods able to edit polls if so please can a mod add a "i like the part about the galactic-location based ore spawning" option to the poll
Back to top Go down
Cool3303
Recruit
Recruit
Cool3303

PostSubject: Re: How trading could work (and some random gibberish)    How trading could work (and some random gibberish)  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 1:44 pm

Okay you could add special Luxus Products which appear randomly like Ruby and such stuff but then you would need a new Window for Bling Bling
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: How trading could work (and some random gibberish)    How trading could work (and some random gibberish)  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 1:50 pm

I don't comprehend. Tell me how close this translation is:

Okay you could add special luxury products which appear randomly like rubies and such stuff but then you would need a new window for bling bling.

Can you explain the new window for bling bling?
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: How trading could work (and some random gibberish)    How trading could work (and some random gibberish)  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 5:17 pm

I dont know what he means. I think he should really try so use a translator or something. Or find someone who speaks fluent English.
Back to top Go down
GLaDOS
Infantry
Infantry
GLaDOS

PostSubject: Re: How trading could work (and some random gibberish)    How trading could work (and some random gibberish)  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 5:19 pm

You know what? We need one of those Intergalactic Translators like in Star Trek.
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: How trading could work (and some random gibberish)    How trading could work (and some random gibberish)  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 5:26 pm

daman200 wrote:
You know what? We need one of those Intergalactic Translators like in Star Trek.

-Sigh-
If only.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: How trading could work (and some random gibberish)    How trading could work (and some random gibberish)  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 5:58 pm

No, we want babelfish from Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.
Back to top Go down
tonyri
tonyri

PostSubject: Re: How trading could work (and some random gibberish)    How trading could work (and some random gibberish)  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 6:00 pm

I don't think you quite understand how "trading" works. I prefer to utilize my 9mm discount.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: How trading could work (and some random gibberish)    How trading could work (and some random gibberish)  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 6:03 pm

Trading: Give me the stuff or my MAC fires.

Problem solved. (This is how it will end up, we all know it.)

Rainbowdash is best pony, tonyri

I'm a captain now!!! Very Happy

Last edited by Keon on Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Danice123
DEV
DEV
Danice123

PostSubject: Re: How trading could work (and some random gibberish)    How trading could work (and some random gibberish)  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 7:52 pm

tonyri wrote:
I don't think you quite understand how "trading" works. I prefer to utilize my 9mm discount.

Personally I use my .45 discount.
Back to top Go down
http://wbcentral.com
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: How trading could work (and some random gibberish)    How trading could work (and some random gibberish)  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 3:46 am

NO DISCOUNTS!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How trading could work (and some random gibberish)    How trading could work (and some random gibberish)  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How trading could work (and some random gibberish)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: Development :: Idea Center-
Jump to: