Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Iv's ship designs

Go down 
+18
Julo
Laserbilly
Commander Kobialka
ACH0225
Last_Jedi_Standing
Commander Error
Soul of Jack
Tau
Laibach
Tiel+
Dux Tell31
fr0stbyte124
blockman42
GLaDOS
hyperlite
The Schmetterling
Iv121
Keon
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

Iv's ship designs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 5:24 pm

I'm also making progress with the GIGAS project. Here is some stuff I did so far :

THE FOLLOWING IS CLASSIFIED LEVEL OMEGA, UNAUTHORISED ACCESS IS PUNISHABLE BY DEATH UNDER THE UTF SECURITY ACT.

In 2335, during a recon mission in N367 system , the SOF frigate UTF Ares discovered a debris field with unique energy outputs. Closer investigation has revealed remnants of an ancient alien ship, approximately 5000 years old. Long range scans have revealed other fields with similar energy outputs. The SOF research team which started to investigate the ships have discovered that some of those ships were still operational . The SOF collected those ships and transported them to the SOF HQ, the rest of the ships were destroyed. The SOF research team have studied the ships for 4 years and in 2339 the UTF High Command has decided to put those ships in use, the GIGAS project was born. The GIGA's role is to implement the new alien technology in the Union fleet and suit the alien ships for terran use. The project is still in progress to this day with only one ship out of three fully operational.

All alien ships that were found belonged to the same class. Terran engineers worked hard to unite terran and alien technology to create the UTJ Arbiter .The Arbiter is the biggest terran ship ever constructed. With a length of 434 blocks , the Arbiter is twice as big as the Hyperion class. It carries 30 active wings at once (120 fighters) and still reaches a speed slightly bigger than the hyperion's . The ship's original hull can stop many projectiles and even partially absorb energetic weapons. This hull is built from a cristal-like material. The lack of connecting parts and different stitches lead us to belive that the hull was created as one, probably grown from the cristal-like material. Another notable fact is the hull's ability to transport and manipulate energy. The hull acts as one big energy matrix , focusing the energy in different locations to create different effects such as shields and cloak fields. There is a high probablity that the hull itself can be used as a gigantic weapon, scientists cannot recreate this effect though.
The ship carries both terran and alien weaponry: 2 terran torpedo launchers, 13 terran heavy plasma cannons and 21 alien cannons. The alien cannons consist of more focused cristal energy matrixes that create a powerful beam that cuts through the enemy ship. This weapon seems to be quite effective against terran hulls. The ship also has a large reserch center on board to asist the crew with the ship abd to continue the the reserch of the alien technology.

Pictures:

Spoiler:
The GIGAS project doesn't only work with the alien technology. During this project our xenologists are trying to translate and understand their runes. Those runes are what gave the project it's name and another important but secret role : From the runes we have translated by now, it is clear that the aliens have another big ship. The ship is described as huge in comparison to the alien ships which are big already. Untill more information is uncovered the ship is designated Gigas .
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 5:39 pm

I like all of your ships so far. That texture pack really makes a world of difference, you say it is heavily modified, so what have you done to it? Also i wonder how it would look with no texture pack at all.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 5:51 pm

With no texture pack it will probably make no sense 0o . You can always use MCedit to replace diff blocks so they do make sense. I combined different texture packs with my own textures to create this one. I still think I don't get the alien ship's hull texture right (I did it on my own) ... The Shivan texture pack is almost fully mine .

Here are screens from MCedit, the Hyperion actually makes sense O.o (well , almost)

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 8:46 am

Working on a "small" recreation for now, GIGAS is still in progress. Meanwhile I copied all of my ships to the first post.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 6:07 am

Alright here is my new ship:

Pictures:

Spoiler:

The SD Lucifer is one of the greatest threats to the survival of the Terrans and any other species known to us. It wields four massive beam cannons which can destroy one of our capital ships in a few hits. Two of these same cannons have been bombarding colonized worlds, annihilating many species in the last ten thousand years. With four full fighter squadrons and a massive array if defensive turrets, the Lucifer would be extremely difficult to destroy in a normal situation. The fact that it is protected by a sheath shielding system which makes it completely impervious to any kind of kinetic or plasma damage makes it impossible to destroy. We have yet to find a way to breach this shielding technology. It is hoped that a solution will be found soon.
It is now know that just like terran shields, shivan shield systems don't work in subspace. It is also known that the lucifer is powered by 5 reactors spread across the hull. If those reactors are destroyed simultaneously , the ship will be destroyed. Based on this knowledge, the original Lucifer was destroyed by terran forces in the subspace corridor between Sol and Delta-Serpentis.

To this point there was only one sighted lucifer class destroyer.

The original Lucifer:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 8:53 am

Nice, but subspace is realspace. What you're looking for, I think, is warp or hyperspace.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 10:29 am

or "Lucifer phase jumps into the system". Anyway, that is amazing work. That ship is a model of how a ship should be built.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 1:38 pm

I used the term from the original game , so its between you and interplay Smile .
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 2:02 pm

But there's absolutely no way subspace can be what you say it is. Sub means slower in relation to something else (ie, subspace compared to hyperspace in Star Wars), so subspace can't have lanes and such unless your people like to go slow and dedicate entire portions of space to it.
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 2:07 pm

sub is the latin word for under

sub-urb = a lower city, literally, -urb = city sub- = under

so subspace is space under the space, I guess like a hidden layer? I have no idea how its meant
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 3:17 pm

Subspace speeds are under those of hyperspace or other synonymous form of transport.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 3:23 pm

You sir are a great ship builder. However, I do not like the Lucifer one bit.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 4:02 pm

Dr. Mackeroth wrote:
You sir are a great ship builder. However, I do not like the Lucifer one bit.

What kinds of ships you prefer ? And isn't it a paradox you like my ships and don't like them in the same time ? Smile

Consider subspace as Speedy Uber Badass SPACE Smile
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 4:30 pm

What do you not like about the Lucifer?
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 11:49 pm

You sir have very nice ships!

But the last one seams to have a large weakness, the "arms" connecting the two lasers could be a huge target for enemy ships!
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 6:39 pm

Oh remind this to the terrans who construct their ships with windows Razz .Anyway the Lucifer's main protection is it's shield system that can stop all incoming fire...
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 8:32 pm

Iv121 wrote:
Oh remind this to the terrans who construct their ships with windows Razz .Anyway the Lucifer's main protection is it's shield system that can stop all incoming fire...

Fair enough, I'll just need to take down your shields. Razz
Back to top Go down
Tau
Infantry
Infantry
Tau

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 4:17 pm

World save, schematics, etc?

Last edited by ZeoNet on Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tau
Infantry
Infantry
Tau

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 7:10 pm

Badumpabumpitybump.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 7:26 pm

Epic ships.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 3:54 pm

ZeoNet wrote:
World save, schematics, etc?

Sry was on a trip ... The space folder goes to /.minecraft/saves and the zip files go to /.minecraft/texturepacks. There are 2 ships that require the shivan tech pack - the SSD Lucifer and the SF Rajun, you can see them in the images (main thread) or find them on your own, Im sure you will Smile .Please do not distribute those files anywhere else, they are for personal use only.

http://www.mediafire.com/?526lpk8b1iqb2c6

EDIT: Just put my new logo in the title Smile .
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 12:13 pm

The UTT Yasur is a multi-purpose ship. It can act as a repair ship, goods transporter, asteroid miner, construction ship, marine transport . tow-boat and many other things, depending on it's equipment. Though it is seen on front line operation , the Yasur was and is a civilian ship. It's armor is relatively weak and almost no armament is present. This ship is usually used for mining .

Pictures:

Spoiler:

The UTG Mincar was designed for mining operations in asteroid belts. The Mincar surves as a dock for Yasur class miners that excavate the asteroids around it. The Mincar can host up to 8 Yasurss at once and serve up to 16 active ones. The Mincar also possesses a small refinery to supperate useful minirals from useless ones abd reduce storge space. The Mincar can also storge big amounts of materials and transport them to other transport ships. Just like the Yasur, the mincar is a civilian vessel and poorly protected. It possesses 8 flack turrets and thin armor around important systems.

Pictures:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry
Soul of Jack

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 12:39 pm

I need a lot of UTT Bee's
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 1:12 pm

Do you plan to capture a Juggernaut ? Maybe some Yasurs ? They come with a drill head (TNT Razz ) and more space for marines Smile .
Back to top Go down
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry
Soul of Jack

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 1:58 pm

price?cus I'm buying 20
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iv's ship designs   Iv's ship designs - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iv's ship designs
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next