Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Question on ship building

Go down 
+2
GLaDOS
Tehblooper
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tehblooper
Tehblooper

Question on ship building  Empty
PostSubject: Question on ship building    Question on ship building  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 10:39 pm

when you are building a ship can you just build a skeleton of the ship (the outside and walls in side of the ship) input the thing that turns it in to a ship then put stuff in.

Example: i build a frigate (1000 block limit) use all 1000 blocks on walls and the out side of ship. Then will i be able to put tables and seats and beds, reds stone and pistons in.
Back to top Go down
GLaDOS
Infantry
Infantry
GLaDOS

PostSubject: Re: Question on ship building    Question on ship building  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 11:24 pm

I think not, but I could be wrong.
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Question on ship building    Question on ship building  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 11:44 pm

Tehblooper wrote:
when you are building a ship can you just build a skeleton of the ship (the outside and walls in side of the ship) input the thing that turns it in to a ship then put stuff in.

Example: i build a frigate (1000 block limit) use all 1000 blocks on walls and the out side of ship. Then will i be able to put tables and seats and beds, reds stone and pistons in.
Sure you can. You'll just have to install a bigger core.
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: Question on ship building    Question on ship building  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 11:51 pm

I don't think that's how that works... I thought it was 1k internal volume?
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Question on ship building    Question on ship building  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 12:13 am

I honestly have no idea how this is going to work.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Question on ship building    Question on ship building  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 2:30 am

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
I honestly have no idea how this is going to work.

Every single block, device, and some entities in and on the ship will count towards the block limit. Air will not count towards the limit.

And he wouldn't need a bigger core to make a larger ship. A "frigate" with a tier 1 core block would generally use 6-7 out of 10 hardware slots. He would just be able to stick on another block support hardware piece, no problem.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Question on ship building    Question on ship building  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 2:43 am

Oh yeah, cores have slots now. That was how we solve the whole overpowered munchkin frigate thing. I should really be writing this down so I don't keep forgetting.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Question on ship building    Question on ship building  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 10:45 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
Oh yeah, cores have slots now. That was how we solve the whole overpowered munchkin frigate thing. I should really be writing this down so I don't keep forgetting.

A thousand curses upon ye, from myself and my midget frigate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question on ship building    Question on ship building  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question on ship building
Page 1 of 1