Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Webcomics 1.1

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

Webcomics 1.1 Empty
PostSubject: Webcomics 1.1   Webcomics 1.1 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 4:00 am

Homestuck: Fantasy, sci-fi, comedy, adventure, I-don't-even-know. Easily one of the longest continuous webcomics on the internet, HS has a unique format and gives an odd emphasis on the development of the characters and the universe in which they eventually find themselves. Though it starts slowly and is confusing as fuck for the first few acts, its twisted plot and moments of intense feel are well worth it. That is, if one is willing to enter the mind of Hussie and never, ever return (no, really, you catch a disease or something, go to tumblr #homestuck. Those people are batshit.). Did I mention it's long? Enough to keep one satisfied for a few months. At least.
Spoiler:

Unsounded: A captivating fantasy centered around the journey of two unlikely companions. From the beginning, the reader is served a helping of nice, warm action along with an introduction to a big, juicy universe. Characters in Unsounded, even the more minor ones, are multi-dimensional and force the reader to empathize with them at some level and learn more about their backstories. As the plot progresses, it grows deeper, delving into the histories and politics of the continent in which the story is set, and the inner-workings of the Khert. One of the best-written comics that I know of.

Romantically Apocalyptic: Post-apocalyptic sci-fi adventure. It follows the life of Charles Snippy, one of the last humans alive on a barren, frozen Earth, cursed by the companionship of "ZEE CAPTAIN!" (and a few others), who is completely and utterly insane (or is he!?). The aspect of RA that makes it stand out among the others is its art, which sometimes borders on the hyper-realistic. Aliens, zombies, [REDACTED], amazing artwork, and a plot that grows ever-thicker, RA is for anyone that enjoys a good futuristic apocalypse.

Questionable Content: QC is one of the more odd comics in that it has neither extensive explosions nor any abnormal... stuff. Well, aside from sentient computers and indie music. It's more about the goings-on in the lives of the main characters, the minor dramas and hardships that many other comics overlook in favor of the extraordinary. It's also interesting to watch the author/illustrator progress through the story and, uhm, learns how to draw. It's pretty funny sometimes, too.

Black is the Color: A short series of illustrations about a man cast out to sea. Romance, a bit of fantasy, boobs, and penises. It's DARK. Really, really dark. Completely worth the 15 minutes it takes to read.
Back to top Go down
Hierarch CMA
Infantry
Infantry
Hierarch CMA

Webcomics 1.1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Webcomics 1.1   Webcomics 1.1 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 10:20 am

No xkcd?
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

Webcomics 1.1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Webcomics 1.1   Webcomics 1.1 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 11:01 am

Hierarch CMA wrote:
No xkcd?

xkcd doesn't have something that all of the listed comics do.
Back to top Go down
Hierarch CMA
Infantry
Infantry
Hierarch CMA

Webcomics 1.1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Webcomics 1.1   Webcomics 1.1 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 11:06 am

MercurySteam wrote:
Hierarch CMA wrote:
No xkcd?
xkcd doesn't have something that all of the listed comics do.
Plot is overrated.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

Webcomics 1.1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Webcomics 1.1   Webcomics 1.1 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 4:35 pm

I follow xkcd, SMBC, Penny Arcade, and The Oatmeal when he updates which he doesn't ever.
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

Webcomics 1.1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Webcomics 1.1   Webcomics 1.1 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 4:52 pm

Just finished Ava's Demon. Sci-fi/fantasy kind of thing. It was great, but too short. Only began in 2013, but has a LOT of potential. Like HS, it has gifs, videos, and music. I want to say the artist is someone that worked with Pixar. Not sure where I heard it, but its not unlikely.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

Webcomics 1.1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Webcomics 1.1   Webcomics 1.1 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 8:52 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
I follow xkcd, SMBC, Penny Arcade, and The Oatmeal when he updates which he doesn't ever.

Same except I add dinosaur comics. Also Order of the Stick sometimes.
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

Webcomics 1.1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Webcomics 1.1   Webcomics 1.1 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 5:35 pm

Finished The Abominable Charles Christopher. Amazing. Humor, feels, brilliantly colorful characters.
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

Webcomics 1.1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Webcomics 1.1   Webcomics 1.1 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 6:29 pm

oglaf, if you don't mind epic NSFW. Complete with plot...well, in a way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Webcomics 1.1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Webcomics 1.1   Webcomics 1.1 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Webcomics 1.1
Page 1 of 1