Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Holy. Shit.

Go down 
+7
Misticblade7
Lightspeed
Groot
Tau
Luna
Tiel+
Buggy1997123
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Buggy1997123
DEV
DEV
Buggy1997123

Holy. Shit. Empty
PostSubject: Holy. Shit.   Holy. Shit. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 8:35 pm

If we stay in development hell long enough, Futurecraft won't be a matter of reinventing the wheel, just nailing a few wheels together and then gluing some glitter to it.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

Holy. Shit. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holy. Shit.   Holy. Shit. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 9:14 pm

https://futurecraft.forumotion.com/t1790-some-successors-to-zeppelin

Metaworlds is a nice plaything but there really isn't anything there as far as gameplay until someone refines it.
Back to top Go down
Buggy1997123
DEV
DEV
Buggy1997123

Holy. Shit. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holy. Shit.   Holy. Shit. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 9:32 pm

Functional:
complex blocks(I.e. chests, furnaces) check.
interblock interaction(I.e. redstone) check.
Player interaction(I.e. breaking, placing) check.
Entity physics (I.e. walking, jumping, falling sand) check.
Lighting (I.e. light) check.
Movement (I.e. moving the metaworlds) check.

Theoretically its only missing interworld collisions and interactions(admitably a big hurdle) and it has pretty much all of what we would need, ship wise.
Back to top Go down
Luna
Recruit
Recruit
Luna

Holy. Shit. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holy. Shit.   Holy. Shit. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 9:35 pm

Interesting. Also, hi Buggy. Welcome back?
Back to top Go down
Buggy1997123
DEV
DEV
Buggy1997123

Holy. Shit. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holy. Shit.   Holy. Shit. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 9:40 pm

Luna wrote:
I've never really been gone, just elusive. Like a... thing that is elusive. I dunno. Something. This joke fell on its face. Elusive jokes sure are elusive, huh?
Back to top Go down
Tau
Infantry
Infantry
Tau

Holy. Shit. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holy. Shit.   Holy. Shit. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 10:20 pm

He's back! HE'S BACK!

Also, neat stuff.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

Holy. Shit. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holy. Shit.   Holy. Shit. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 12:51 am

Buggy1997123 wrote:

Functional:

Theoretically its only missing interworld collisions and interactions(admitably a big hurdle) and it has pretty much all of what we would need, ship wise.

Yeah.

You know, I never really thought of it that way. Why spend months on making something from scratch when you can build on someone else's project just begging to be expanded?
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

Holy. Shit. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holy. Shit.   Holy. Shit. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 2:22 am

Tiel+ wrote:
Buggy1997123 wrote:

Functional:

Yeah.

You know, I never really thought of it that way. Why spend months on making something from scratch when you can build on someone else's project just begging to be expanded?

It's cause they're doing it wrong and it would only take me a few hours of work to do it better. It will save time in the long run if I just rewrite it.

-Every programmer ever. Including myself.

I'm up for modding using that. Does it have an API/is it open source?
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

Holy. Shit. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holy. Shit.   Holy. Shit. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 6:45 am

I tested this thing out a while ago, it's good for moving ships ~300 blocks long, but when I tried it on something larger ~500 block long, it didn't really work.
Back to top Go down
Lightspeed
Recruit
Recruit
Lightspeed

Holy. Shit. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holy. Shit.   Holy. Shit. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 7:10 am

If this continue

Futurecraft will have no purpose.

Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

Holy. Shit. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holy. Shit.   Holy. Shit. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 10:10 pm

Prototype wrote:
I tested this thing out a while ago, it's good for moving ships ~300 blocks long, but when I tried it on something larger ~500 block long, it didn't really work.

How long did it take to actually convert from blocks to ships?
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

Holy. Shit. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holy. Shit.   Holy. Shit. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 11:04 pm

There's no conversion at all. You're making a world within a world, which you build off of. They don't ever revert to the host world; this isn't an entity.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

Holy. Shit. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holy. Shit.   Holy. Shit. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 11:46 pm

Tiel+ wrote:
There's no conversion at all. You're making a world within a world, which you build off of. They don't ever revert to the host world; this isn't an entity.

There was this castle video in one of the youtubes. It said conversion took "a little over 90 seconds"
Back to top Go down
Misticblade7

Holy. Shit. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holy. Shit.   Holy. Shit. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 7:52 pm

Keon wrote:
Tiel+ wrote:
Buggy1997123 wrote:

Functional:

Yeah.

It's cause they're doing it wrong and it would only take me a few hours of work to do it better. It will save time in the long run if I just rewrite it.

-Every programmer ever. Including myself.

I'm up for modding using that. Does it have an API/is it open source?

As an active follower of MetaWorlds and someone who has enjoyed testing the mod's functionality, I'd like to say a few things:

1.) Interworld collisions are being worked on by MMM_MasterM as his (second-to) next top priority.
2.) Source code and API is made available.
3.) I'll share some quotes with you fine folks that provide some useful insight to MMM_MasterM's work:

Quotes:

4.) Converting large structures into metaworlds will take a bit, but there's a simple placeable block which spawns a one-block subworld which can be built upon with ease.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

Holy. Shit. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holy. Shit.   Holy. Shit. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 8:27 pm

Misticblade7 wrote:
As an active follower of MetaWorlds and someone who has enjoyed testing the mod's functionality, I'd like to say a few things:

1.) Interworld collisions are being worked on by MMM_MasterM as his (second-to) next top priority.
2.) Source code and API is made available.
3.) I'll share some quotes with you fine folks that provide some useful insight to MMM_MasterM's work:

You are amazing. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Buggy1997123
DEV
DEV
Buggy1997123

Holy. Shit. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holy. Shit.   Holy. Shit. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 25, 2013 8:13 pm

We ought to show MasterM the part of Frostbyte's devlog where he talks about collision, it might help give him some ideas since Frost was thinking about pretty much the exact same things, I.e. accurate small and large scale collisions between worlds.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

Holy. Shit. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holy. Shit.   Holy. Shit. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 1:48 am

Buggy1997123 wrote:
Luna wrote:
I've never really been gone, just elusive. Like a... thing that is elusive. I dunno. Something. This joke fell on its face. Elusive jokes sure are elusive, huh?
Like me. I've been very ellusive. That's why I'm responding to this thread weeks after its conception.

Right. Yes. We've known about this mod for a while. It was only a matter of time before someone came up with a viable movment mod like this, we are merly one party in a great sea of modders after all. If they get there ahead of us, we'll ask poliety for advice on making our own system, and market Futurecraft differently (so that moving ships isn't the "coolest" feature". If we can build a better system or get one before mods like this become the norm, then we should be fine.

I think that all makes sense. Sorry, I'm so tried right now I'm smelling the colour five.
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

Holy. Shit. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holy. Shit.   Holy. Shit. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 5:42 am

Buggy and Mac have returned! Hope has not been lost!
All Hail, for this is a glorious day indeed!
Back to top Go down
Hierarch CMA
Infantry
Infantry
Hierarch CMA

Holy. Shit. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holy. Shit.   Holy. Shit. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 8:56 pm

The term is "lurking," gentleman.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

Holy. Shit. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holy. Shit.   Holy. Shit. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 8:48 pm

It's incompatible with flan's in sort of a weird way. It sort of works, but sort-of doesn't.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

Holy. Shit. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holy. Shit.   Holy. Shit. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 10:11 am

Keon wrote:
It's incompatible with flan's in sort of a weird way. It sort of works, but sort-of doesn't.

It works as long as you don't make any explosions.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

Holy. Shit. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holy. Shit.   Holy. Shit. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 5:31 pm

Prototype wrote:
Keon wrote:

It works as long as you don't make any explosions.

I also can't spawn anything on a metaworld, including spawn eggs or boats.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Holy. Shit. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holy. Shit.   Holy. Shit. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Holy. Shit.
Page 1 of 1