Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

R.I.P Nelson Mandela

Go down 
+8
Tiel+
Groot
Commander Error
Commander Kobialka
Hierarch CMA
Tau
Iv121
Caramell
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

R.I.P Nelson Mandela Empty
PostSubject: R.I.P Nelson Mandela   R.I.P Nelson Mandela Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 2:57 am

Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Nelson Mandela   R.I.P Nelson Mandela Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 6:24 am

Well he was a man of a vision of equallity, the only problem though is that he didn't think how to raise the economy after the whites' departure ...
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Nelson Mandela   R.I.P Nelson Mandela Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 9:44 am

A great man has left us. Rest in peace.
Back to top Go down
Tau
Infantry
Infantry
Tau

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Nelson Mandela   R.I.P Nelson Mandela Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 11:59 am

Fleet Admiral Error wrote:
A great man has left us. Rest in peace.
Back to top Go down
Hierarch CMA
Infantry
Infantry
Hierarch CMA

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Nelson Mandela   R.I.P Nelson Mandela Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 12:40 am

Larry Gooseman's post on this made me chuckle.
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Nelson Mandela   R.I.P Nelson Mandela Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 1:14 am

Don't want to offend anyone but the pro-abortion, racist author of "How To Be A Good Communist", is dead? Okay.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thecraftersmakevideos.webs.com
Hierarch CMA
Infantry
Infantry
Hierarch CMA

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Nelson Mandela   R.I.P Nelson Mandela Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 1:45 am

I think he liked Bin Laden too, and most people here think abortion is cool or something.

The moral of the story is never trust a westphalian government official
Back to top Go down
Tau
Infantry
Infantry
Tau

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Nelson Mandela   R.I.P Nelson Mandela Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 10:00 pm

LeEpicMemester wrote:
The moral of the story is never trust a government official
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Nelson Mandela   R.I.P Nelson Mandela Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 12:35 am

Tau wrote:
LeEpicMemester wrote:
Why do you keep quoting things without responding? I'm so confused.
Back to top Go down
Tau
Infantry
Infantry
Tau

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Nelson Mandela   R.I.P Nelson Mandela Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 12:41 am

Commander Kobialka wrote:
Tau wrote:
LeEpicMemester wrote:
I'm not a man (read: young man) of many words. A lot of the time, others just say things more eloquently than I could.

I've also been using reddit a lot, so there's that.
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Nelson Mandela   R.I.P Nelson Mandela Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 12:44 am

Tau wrote:
Commander Kobialka wrote:
Tau wrote:
LeEpicMemester wrote:
A lot of the time, others just say things more eloquently than I could.
That's what this is for: ^
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Nelson Mandela   R.I.P Nelson Mandela Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 10:26 am

Intended or not, offense taken.

Mr. Mandela wasn't actually racist. You'll note he was going for equality.

And you'll also note that while anyone can be racist, lighter-skinned people have historically been more..forceful about it.

Plus, communism isn't actually an "ermhgerd bad!" thing. When run correctly, it's just unparalleled equality.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Nelson Mandela   R.I.P Nelson Mandela Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 12:36 pm

Communism is bad if it's run by a corrupt dictator, but it's also very difficult to pull off correctly.

And I think the whites were more racist to Mr Mandela than he was to them.
And no shit the British call him a terrorist, he lost them a colony, the difference is there was some struggle, so unlike Ghandi, they could call him a terrorist.
Back to top Go down
Hierarch CMA
Infantry
Infantry
Hierarch CMA

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Nelson Mandela   R.I.P Nelson Mandela Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 1:41 pm

You need to think about this a bit more objectively, 'Terrorist' And 'Freedom Fighter' really mean the same thing, like Proto says it depends on which side they're on. Although South Africa wasn't at all a British colony, they were predominantly Dutch and they were sovereign. As for Communism, it can never work. it goes against human nature and basic economic law:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tragedy_of_the_commons
You see this in action with the world fish supply, the inconsistency of quality in the USSR, basic selfishness, etc. Even if you're le fedora enlightened man.jpeg, you can't deny that the basic tenant of every religion I'm aware of teaches that man is flawed. I think that means something, don't you.

(as a side note, "Communism has never been done the right way" is the No True Scotsman fallacy)

Now, back to terrorism, the only way you can really justify it is if A) You keep 'terrorist' tactics to a minimum, something the muslims don't do too well, and B) If you're actually fighting for something just, and with good reason. You can't rebel against your gov. because they implemented a law you don't like but fits together with their constitution and things, that's just being butthurt. On the other hand, you can't simply say "it's what we believe now, things have changed since <insert date of constitution here>." If things have changed, that's one thing. But philosophy(which is basically what Political theory is, albeit extremely corrupted) deals-mostly-with absolutes, or at least what the authors see as absolutes. If the writers were wrong in their assumptions, then throw out everything based on those assumptions. If they assumed right, you can't do shit other than leaving the country.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Nelson Mandela   R.I.P Nelson Mandela Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 3:04 pm

I've tried to keep my trap shut about this, but seriously?

It's like a great person dies and the first thing you can think of is to try to belittle his passing as much as possible, because basic respect is just too mainstream for you, I suppose. Gotta go against the system and be as rude and captious as possible.

This disgusts me. I hold no real authority here, but for the love of everything that's good and holy in this world, if you don't have anything productive or useful to say just don't post.
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Nelson Mandela   R.I.P Nelson Mandela Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 3:26 pm

Tiel+ wrote:

It's like a great person dies and the first thing you can think of is to try to belittle his passing as much as possible, because basic respect is just too mainstream for you, I suppose. Gotta go against the system and be as rude and captious as possible.

This disgusts me. I hold no real authority here, but for the love of everything that's good and holy in this world, if you don't have anything productive or useful to say just don't post.
Now I'm starting to agree with Tiel too. What's happening to people?
Back to top Go down
Hierarch CMA
Infantry
Infantry
Hierarch CMA

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Nelson Mandela   R.I.P Nelson Mandela Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 3:31 pm

Tiel+ wrote:

How was I being rude? And what is 'basic respect,' respecting someone because you're supposed to? Mandela did some good things, and some bad things, enough said.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Nelson Mandela   R.I.P Nelson Mandela Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 3:52 pm

Well dunno about the statements going on around here but one caught my eye and is really pissing me off : Terrorist = Freedom Fighter. You can fight for your freedom in many ways that do not include planting bombs in buses for example. Targeting civilians on purpose is what being a terrorist is and by saying that it is "Fighting for Freedom" You legitimate it...
Back to top Go down
Hierarch CMA
Infantry
Infantry
Hierarch CMA

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Nelson Mandela   R.I.P Nelson Mandela Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 4:05 pm

Iv121 wrote:
Well dunno about the statements going on around here but one caught my eye and is really pissing me off : Terrorist = Freedom Fighter. You can fight for your freedom in many ways that do not include planting bombs in buses for example. Targeting civilians on purpose is what being a terrorist is and by saying that it is "Fighting for Freedom" You  legitimate it...
What if the civilians are working on a nuclear bomb? What about the firebombings of Tokyo and Dresden? Osama Bin Laden received american training to fight the Soviets, and Reagan even compared him to the original American patriots. It's all a matter of perspective.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Nelson Mandela   R.I.P Nelson Mandela Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 5:02 pm

And now you tell me how you name civillians those who work on Nuclear bombs ? There si no matter of perspective for me here, I do not give legitimation to terrorists.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Nelson Mandela   R.I.P Nelson Mandela Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 5:14 pm

Tiel+ wrote:

^

This, so much this
Back to top Go down
Hierarch CMA
Infantry
Infantry
Hierarch CMA

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Nelson Mandela   R.I.P Nelson Mandela Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 7:02 pm

Iv121 wrote:
And now you tell me how you name civillians those who work on Nuclear bombs ? There si no matter of perspective for me here, I do not give legitimation to terrorists.
I don't know, the Mossad/CIA found them?
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Nelson Mandela   R.I.P Nelson Mandela Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 11:18 pm

Tiel+ wrote:

I was going to say something, but I see you've got it.
Back to top Go down
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Nelson Mandela   R.I.P Nelson Mandela Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 1:51 am

MercurySteam wrote:
Tiel+ wrote:

Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Nelson Mandela   R.I.P Nelson Mandela Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 10:00 am

Vinyl wrote:
MercurySteam wrote:
Tiel+ wrote:

Pretty much. Thank you, Sir Tiel, for summing up this thread all in one go.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Nelson Mandela   R.I.P Nelson Mandela Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

R.I.P Nelson Mandela
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: General Area :: Off-Topic Area-
Jump to: