Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Found something useful, and interesting, and oww my braikknfgpl

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Buggy1997123
DEV
DEV
Buggy1997123

Found something useful, and interesting, and oww my braikknfgpl Empty
PostSubject: Found something useful, and interesting, and oww my braikknfgpl   Found something useful, and interesting, and oww my braikknfgpl Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 9:58 pm

I recently(read: 3 hours ago) found this video about the development of Kerbal Space Program, a misleadingly slapstick and humerous game with dead serious physics and scale:
In the video, the devs go over how they handled issues such as handling floating point errors at scales of several hundred million kilometers, how you render a planet that looks just as good from orbit as it does from the surface, and how you display orbital paths, and for that matter how you handle orbital physics without randomly deorbiting stuff or melting CPUs.

All in all, definitely a bunch of useful concepts, ideas, and methoids we could use here.

Last edited by Buggy1997123 on Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Found something useful, and interesting, and oww my braikknfgpl   Found something useful, and interesting, and oww my braikknfgpl Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 10:13 pm

Interesting find!
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

PostSubject: Re: Found something useful, and interesting, and oww my braikknfgpl   Found something useful, and interesting, and oww my braikknfgpl Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 10:24 pm

Buggy's ALIVE?!

EXCELLENT

Anyway, this is a very good find! Should certainly be helpful.

Also, buy KSP. You need it.
Back to top Go down
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

PostSubject: Re: Found something useful, and interesting, and oww my braikknfgpl   Found something useful, and interesting, and oww my braikknfgpl Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 10:38 pm

There's people who don't know what KSP is?
But still, interesting to see its evolution.
Back to top Go down
Buggy1997123
DEV
DEV
Buggy1997123

PostSubject: Re: Found something useful, and interesting, and oww my braikknfgpl   Found something useful, and interesting, and oww my braikknfgpl Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 10:47 pm

Quadraxis wrote:
Buggy's ALIVE?!

EXCELLENT

Anyway, this is a very good find! Should certainly be helpful.

Also, buy KSP. You need it.
Done and done, I won KSP a month or two back from a contest. A Facepunch-er was feeling generous and randomly gave away like 3 copies to the first 8 or so people who asked, I got lucky and was reading at that time, was one of the people who asked, and won.

Anyway, how do I embed videos here? Standard bbcode(that is, [video]www.movingpicturemabob.url/stuff/stuff2:revengeofthestuff[/video]) isn't working.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Found something useful, and interesting, and oww my braikknfgpl   Found something useful, and interesting, and oww my braikknfgpl Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 10:51 pm

Buggy1997123 wrote:
Anyway, how do I embed videos here? Standard bbcode(that is, [video]www.movingpicturemabob.url/stuff/stuff2:revengeofthestuff[/video]) isn't working.
I think it's [youtube].
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Found something useful, and interesting, and oww my braikknfgpl   Found something useful, and interesting, and oww my braikknfgpl Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Found something useful, and interesting, and oww my braikknfgpl
Page 1 of 1