Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Computer issues.

Go down 
+4
Saravanth
MrTargareyan
fr0stbyte124
Delta
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
Delta

Computer issues. Empty
PostSubject: Computer issues.   Computer issues. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 12:10 am

Okay so here's what's been happening:

My computer is shutting down without a warning, or even a shutdown screen.

Here's the long version with more info:
I bought my computer either sometime early this year or late-ish last year. Since I've had the computer it has randomly shut down when left unattended. So I search online, after that, I come to 2 possible conclusions: either 1 ASUS Is a shitty manufacturer, or B Windows 8 has some critical issues. So then I put up with it, and it becomes increasingly more annoying. With in the past 2 months I've decided to let it sit and observe it. I have observed no warning, or shutdown screen.

System specs:
CPU:Intel i5-3230M 2.6 GHz
RAM: 6 GB
GPU: Intel HD 4000
Anything missing from system specs?
Back to top Go down
http://arsln100.forumotion.com
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

Computer issues. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer issues.   Computer issues. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 1:43 am

Skype me sometime.
ID: fr0stbyte124
Back to top Go down
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry
MrTargareyan

Computer issues. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer issues.   Computer issues. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 4:39 am

I get the same problem, but that's because my laptop gets incredibly hot when playing games, to the point where I have to point a fan at the vent to stop it switching itself off.
Back to top Go down
Saravanth
Recruit
Recruit
Saravanth

Computer issues. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer issues.   Computer issues. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 7:45 am

My last computer had some issues like that, had it five years already at that point and apparently either the RAM or the GPU were fried. Near the end the best thing I could (barely) run was powder toy in safe mode, normal mode would freeze and/or shut down without warning. Check somehow if one of those two things is broke.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

Computer issues. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer issues.   Computer issues. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 7:56 am

Faulty PSU?

My mom's laptop did something similar, I imagine it was a heat issue as it only did it when I was playing games even though the exterior never became warm to the touch.
Back to top Go down
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
Delta

Computer issues. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer issues.   Computer issues. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 3:14 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
Skype me sometime.
ID: fr0stbyte124
I don't have skype ATM.

MrTargareyan wrote:
I get the same problem, but that's because my laptop gets incredibly hot when playing games, to the point where I have to point a fan at the vent to stop it switching itself off.
Not overheating, I've checked.

Saravanth wrote:
My last computer had some issues like that, had it five years already at that point and apparently either the RAM or the GPU were fried. Near the end the best thing I could (barely) run was powder toy in safe mode, normal mode would freeze and/or shut down without warning. Check somehow if one of those two things is broke.
I have no idea how to go about checking that, unless there would be visible damage.

Comrade Tiel wrote:
Faulty PSU?

My mom's laptop did something similar, I imagine it was a heat issue as it only did it when I was playing games even though the exterior never became warm to the touch.
How would I go about checking if the PSU is faulty?
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

Computer issues. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer issues.   Computer issues. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 5:57 pm

It's harder to do without an IM, but open Event Viewer and select "Event Viewer (Local)" from the left tree. Look for Critical and Error event types. If it has crashed in the last 24 hours, it should be easy to find. One of the descriptions will describe either a power failure, a device failure, or simply an unexpected shutdown. That's where to start. Much easier with teamviewer, tho.
Back to top Go down
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
Delta

Computer issues. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer issues.   Computer issues. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 6:59 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
It's harder to do without an IM, but open Event Viewer and select "Event Viewer (Local)" from the left tree.  Look for Critical and Error event types.  If it has crashed in the last 24 hours, it should be easy to find.  One of the descriptions will describe either a power failure, a device failure, or simply an unexpected shutdown.  That's where to start.  Much easier with teamviewer, tho.
Is it this you're looking for?
https://i.imgur.com/KuXNOqZ.png
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

Computer issues. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer issues.   Computer issues. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 7:00 pm

Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

Computer issues. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer issues.   Computer issues. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 7:01 pm

Yep. Unfortunately, those don't tell us much by themselves. Are there any other event messages from around those timestamps?
Back to top Go down
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
Delta

Computer issues. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer issues.   Computer issues. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 7:04 pm

Comrade Tiel wrote:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-hardware/error-6008/5a6138d1-e997-4d74-98a4-bb974c4114c1
... Well then... Newer computers seem more heat sensitive than older ones. My other one reaches 100c with out any noticeable problems...

Last edited by Solar112 on Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

Computer issues. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer issues.   Computer issues. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 7:05 pm

...no. Your computer should NEVER be reaching 100 C. 90 C is the point where components start to get damaged.

As for noticeable problems, there is the reason you made this thread.
Back to top Go down
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
Delta

Computer issues. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer issues.   Computer issues. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 7:09 pm

Comrade Tiel wrote:
...no. Your computer should NEVER be reaching 100 C. 90 C is the point where components start to get damaged.

As for noticeable problems, there is the reason you made this thread.
Solar112 wrote:
Comrade Tiel wrote:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-hardware/error-6008/5a6138d1-e997-4d74-98a4-bb974c4114c1
... Well then... Newer computers seem more heat sensitive than older ones becasuse my other one reaches 100c with out any noticeable problems...
Solar112 wrote:

... Well then... Newer computers seem more heat sensitive than older ones becasuse my other one reaches 100c with out any noticeable problems...
Solar112 wrote:
more heat sensitive than older ones becasuse my other one reaches 100c with
Solar112 wrote:
ones becasuse my other one reaches 100c with
Solar112 wrote:
other one
fr0stbyte124 wrote:
Yep.  Unfortunately, those don't tell us much by themselves.  Are there any other event messages from around those timestamps?
only one about a DNS something.

Last edited by Solar112 on Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

Computer issues. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer issues.   Computer issues. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 7:11 pm

My GPU once clocked in at 111 C. I could have boiled water on that.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

Computer issues. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer issues.   Computer issues. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 7:22 pm

Solar112 wrote:

Solar112 wrote:
more heat sensitive than older ones becasuse my other one reaches 100c with
Solar112 wrote:
more heat sensitive than older ones becasuse my other one
Solar112 wrote:
more heat sensitive than older ones
"New computers are more susceptible to heat damage than older ones, which is why my other one reaches 100 C without any problems"

With your lack of sentence structure it's hard to tell.

ACH0225 wrote:
My GPU once clocked in at 111 C. I could have boiled water on that.
Your gpu was also failing..

Anyway, if you haven't searched it already 6008 has to with a malfunctioning component causing the computer to reboot. This is commonly due to thermal damage. Take it as you will.

Last edited by Comrade Tiel on Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

Computer issues. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer issues.   Computer issues. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 7:29 pm

It wasn't actually my GPU, which was wildly overheating, but the heat sink, which didn't want to cool off my computer.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

Computer issues. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer issues.   Computer issues. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 7:32 pm

I dunno, if we were to debate semantics I'd still say it was malfunctioning on account of heat seeing as you couldn't play MC. Heat problem resolved >>> GPU acting normal, malfunction rectified.
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

Computer issues. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer issues.   Computer issues. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 9:35 pm

I'd say there's some faulty hardware and such. Open it up and look around, try cleaning it. Trust me, it helps- a lot. Sometimes the heat isn't transferred out or even to the case (as with my laptop once) and it will die without removing it. I had this problem on Vista, god I hate Vista.

Or make it die again, then IMMEDIATELY open up the case and feel around, after disconnecting the battery.
Back to top Go down
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
Delta

Computer issues. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer issues.   Computer issues. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 10:46 pm

Quadraxis wrote:
I'd say there's some faulty hardware and such. Open it up and look around, try cleaning it. Trust me, it helps- a lot. Sometimes the heat isn't transferred out or even to the case (as with my laptop once) and it will die without removing it. I had this problem on Vista, god I hate Vista.

Or make it die again, then IMMEDIATELY open up the case and feel around, after disconnecting the battery.
Will do after purchasing canned air.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

Computer issues. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer issues.   Computer issues. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 10:58 pm

These also work:

Computer issues. HG300_HORN

I think they're cheaper, too, if you want to save a buck or two.

In all seriousness though, since this is a laptop you really want to use the comp. air on the fan, it's like that's gummed up and causing the heat errors.
Back to top Go down
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
Delta

Computer issues. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer issues.   Computer issues. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 10:59 pm

Comrade Tiel wrote:
These also work:

In all seriousness though, since this is a laptop you really want to use the comp. air on the fan, it's like that's gummed up and causing the heat errors.
I'm fairly sure it's the same thing, just with a different nozzel.

Planned on doing that, also I should have a desktop in 1-52 weeks.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

Computer issues. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer issues.   Computer issues. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 11:01 pm

Solar112 wrote:
Comrade Tiel wrote:
These also work:

It's actually compressed gas, gets much colder than air.

It also doubles as an extremely loud horn. Versatility!
Back to top Go down
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
Delta

Computer issues. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer issues.   Computer issues. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 11:06 pm

Comrade Tiel wrote:
Solar112 wrote:
Comrade Tiel wrote:
These also work:

Well I was referring to compressed fluorocarbons. When I was younger I descovered that they could freeze water If held upside down

Well what I was referring to can make people really really cold. Perfect for a hot day.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

Computer issues. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer issues.   Computer issues. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 4:40 am

Solar112 wrote:
Comrade Tiel wrote:
Solar112 wrote:
Comrade Tiel wrote:
These also work:

Well I was referring to compressed fluorocarbons. When I was younger I descovered that they could freeze water If held upside down

Well what I was referring to can make people really really cold. Perfect for a hot day.
Did that once, freeze burns are not fun

, sooooo...... What's going on here?
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

Computer issues. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer issues.   Computer issues. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 8:14 am

Prototype wrote:
Solar112 wrote:
Comrade Tiel wrote:
Solar112 wrote:
Comrade Tiel wrote:
These also work:

Did that once, freeze burns are not fun

, sooooo...... What's going on here?
TOTAL WAR ROME 2 RELEASES IN FOUR DAYS!

I'm so excited and so should you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Computer issues. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer issues.   Computer issues. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Computer issues.
Page 1 of 1