Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums?

Go down 
+17
Emperor_Revan
Tiel+
Saravanth
Dux Tell31
Tau
Iv121
Groot
MrTargareyan
Avenger_7
Hierarch Fenway
fr0stbyte124
Grand Imperial Thunder
Last_Jedi_Standing
Soul of Jack
MercurySteam
ACH0225
Delta
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums?   Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 12:09 pm

Commander Shane Kobialka wrote:

Okay. 1'st of all. You aren't the God of website design and you are not the only one out there who knows how, so please learn to trust people. Your next argument was valid and I suppose your'e right. I might have been trying too hard to defend the site. 2'nd of all, don't change the subject by bringing grammar into this. You knew what I meant. :xI end this argument here. What was me suggesting a new website to use was turned into an argument by you. We both made valid points and we should leave it at that.

1: There's a difference between website design and clicking a few buttons to get a webpage. You'll understand I have very little respect for people who rely on that kind of stuff, so forgive me if I come off as abrasive about it.

2: No, I did not. All I gleaned from that last sentence was 'Tiel' and 'blind'; everything before it was a jumble of words I don't care to attempt to decipher.

3: Naw, don't victimize yourself. If you didn't want any kind of critical discussion, don't make a proposal. But fair enough.
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

PostSubject: Re: Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums?   Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 1:57 pm

I'm going to have to be on Tiel's side here. Webs is horrible (from my experience).

Tiel, how much was the monthly hosting fee on the fc-mod domain? I may be able to pick it up, so that we don't lose anything.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums?   Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 4:32 pm

Uhm, am I the only one seeing a different site on fc-mod.com?
Back to top Go down
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry
MrTargareyan

PostSubject: Re: Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums?   Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 4:43 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:
Uhm, am I the only one seeing a different site on fc-mod.com?
Yeah I see that too; it comes up as some weird spambot search engine.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums?   Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 4:50 pm

I still can't see anything ...
Back to top Go down
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry
MrTargareyan

PostSubject: Re: Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums?   Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 4:51 pm

It looks like this for me:
Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums? - Page 3 5ej3bd
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums?   Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 4:53 pm

Oh yes, it's due to adBlock I can't see it.
Back to top Go down
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry
MrTargareyan

PostSubject: Re: Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums?   Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 4:58 pm

Is this bad or irrelevant? Smile (the site being taken by that thing i mean)
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums?   Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 5:02 pm

Guess we can easily get rid of it if we put our site back online, but until then we get to see the crap of the internet settling down on the remains of our forum, dragging it into the deep web Shocked

Actually not it will remain in the search engine but it is scarier this way ...

Last edited by Iv121 on Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

PostSubject: Re: Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums?   Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 5:03 pm

Targ, there are 3 things that are wrong with that picture.
One, you're using Internet Explorer.
Two, you're using tinypic. Pro people use imgur.
And three, you haven't checked whatever steam is telling you to check. Do that before taking a picture.
Back to top Go down
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry
MrTargareyan

PostSubject: Re: Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums?   Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 5:08 pm

Daynel wrote:
Targ, there are 3 things that are wrong with that picture.
One, you're using Internet Explorer.
Two, you're using tinypic. Pro people use imgur.
And three, you haven't checked whatever steam is telling you to check. Do that before taking a picture.

1.B..but i like IE; though I have chrome installed because IE sometimes fails for PMC and the new forum. Smile
2.Up until now I didn't know what Imgur was. Smile
3.Steam has been telling me to check something for about a week now; but I wont tell me what I need to check. D:
4. I am an idiot Very Happy

Edit:
That better?
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums?   Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 2:52 am

That is what happens when you park a domain.
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

PostSubject: Re: Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums?   Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 3:25 am

I withdraw my application for hosting the forums due to the lack of interest on tiel's part. Find another host.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums?   Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 3:26 am

Eh what ? What kind of interest ? I don't understand O.o
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums?   Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 3:29 am

I didn't respond to his post asking for the files.

It's all the same to me, really. While the other one has better aesthetics, they're roughly equal in functionality.

Last edited by Comrade Tiel on Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums?   Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 3:30 am

Really ? That is why you abandon it Fen ? And why didnt you give them to him Tiel ?
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums?   Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 3:33 am

Eh, never mind. What he said was,

Fenway wrote:
Tiel, how much was the monthly hosting fee on the fc-mod domain? I may be able to pick it up, so that we don't lose anything.

He expressed a desire to pay for the domain, which is already paid off for a year anyhow, so..

At any rate, if anyone wants the files I'd rather they go to fr0st first to prevent needless confusion.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums?   Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 3:34 am

So why the hell it's not up again ? I don't get you ppl you are going to get either that forum or me to the grave ...
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums?   Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 3:40 am

You're mixing the two up.

The domain is the web address, which in turn points to a set of files on the server.

Previously, http://fc-mod.com resolved to <ipaddress>/fcmodcom1/futurecraft/forum/index.php. With the absence of the host, and, by extension, the files, the domain now either results in a 404 or a spam page put up by the registrar. What I had said was that if anyone wanted to host these files and have the fc-mod.com domain forwarded to the location, they should contact me. But it's a far better idea to just let fr0st coordinate this.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums?   Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 3:47 am

No I don't get the part where Fen suddenly quits out of nowhere ...
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums?   Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 3:51 am

Fenway believed I was intentionally ignoring him out of spite and has thus withdrawn his offer either due to repulsion at this perceived behavior or in the hopes I would come begging him to reconsider.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums?   Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 3:53 am

... really ? Well Fen do me a favor and do the right thing or just I dunno ... it is hopeless then.
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

PostSubject: Re: Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums?   Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 3:54 am

I guess I didn't word it correctly at all. I didn't mean that. I meant that I would offer to pay for the hosting, if needed. Since nobody replied, I assumed it was taken care of so I withdrew my offer. Sorry for the confusion.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums?   Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 4:03 am

They have been retrieved.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums?   Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 4:56 am

Depending on how forummotion resolves subdomains, we might be able to direct the fc-mod domain back to this board for the time being. Though really anywhere else is fine. That squatter site can go eat a dick.

I will get us a new host next week. I am traveling in the meantime so you'll have to bear with it.

One thing I was wondering though is if anyone is interested in having a permanent mc server for the forum as well. This wouldn't be the mmo server, just a regular one but still.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums?   Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Uhhhhhh..... What happened to the new forums?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next