Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Planetside 2 Outfit

Go down 
+13
Keon
superninjakiwi
Tiel+
Pat Best
Groot
Hierarch Fenway
Shiva
Tell
Avenger_7
Commander Error
blockman42
yourt23
Dux Tell31
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

Planetside 2 Outfit - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2 Outfit   Planetside 2 Outfit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 10:14 am

IGN: Jane Leman (TR), Shiva (Vanu)
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2 Outfit   Planetside 2 Outfit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 10:18 am

If it worked for me I would play

Stupid G25... New graphics card... Mumbles threateningly...
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2 Outfit   Planetside 2 Outfit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 10:41 am

Will be either "Error" (VS) or "Vallaar" (TR) once I get this damn installer to work.
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2 Outfit   Planetside 2 Outfit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 11:08 am

Its a Vanu outfit incase anyone didn't get that, I'll start add everyone now.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2 Outfit   Planetside 2 Outfit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 12:35 pm

My IgN: PrototypeOCG
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2 Outfit   Planetside 2 Outfit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 1:58 pm

A strange as it may sound, I'm gonna suggest that we train together as a military outfit, not as a bunch of idiots running around with guns.

I say this because organized units almost always hammer the bad guys flat, then jump on what's left.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2 Outfit   Planetside 2 Outfit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 2:12 pm

Commander Error wrote:
A strange as it may sound, I'm gonna suggest that we train together as a military outfit, not as a bunch of idiots running around with guns.

I say this because organized units almost always hammer the bad guys flat, then jump on what's left.

In order to be organized you need a chain of command, and people able to follow orders, not to mention someone who actually knows what orders to give in command.

Considering this is the futurecraft forums, the whole "working together and following orders" part might be considerably difficult to achieve.
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2 Outfit   Planetside 2 Outfit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 2:17 pm

Pat Best wrote:
Commander Error wrote:

In order to be organized you need a chain of command, and people able to follow orders, not to mention someone who actually knows what orders to give in command.

Considering this is the futurecraft forums, the whole "working together and following orders" part might be considerably difficult to achieve.

Maybe you should give the orders. I'd think SOASE veterans are of the order giving type. (and thats an actual suggestion) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.thecraftersmakevideos.webs.com
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2 Outfit   Planetside 2 Outfit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 2:20 pm

Avenger_7 takes lead, as he owns our MC server and created the PS2 outfit.
Block or Keon (is Ke is playing) takes 2iC, as resonable moderators (mostly)
Then everyone else starts off at the lowest rank and is promoted on merit and skill.

Present your rebuttals.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2 Outfit   Planetside 2 Outfit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 2:32 pm

Commander Error wrote:
Then everyone else starts off at the lowest rank and is promoted on merit and skill.

Present your rebuttals.

I think the first step would be to find someone who's actually got skills at being in charge, not going all king-mode "this guy owns our lands so he is in charge"
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2 Outfit   Planetside 2 Outfit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 2:35 pm

Commander Shane Kobialka wrote:

Maybe you should give the orders. I'd think SOASE veterans are of the order giving type. (and thats an actual suggestion) Very Happy

I've no desire to be in the Futurecraft outfit for I am planning to create my own with people I actually know off the internet.
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2 Outfit   Planetside 2 Outfit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 2:35 pm

Pat Best wrote:
Commander Error wrote:

Present your rebuttals.

I think the first step would be to find someone who's actually got skills at being in charge, not going all king-mode "this guy owns our lands so he is in charge"

Ok, so how would you go about finding the killed leaders?
Not trying to be nasty, just honest query.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2 Outfit   Planetside 2 Outfit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 2:41 pm

Commander Error wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Commander Error wrote:

Present your rebuttals.

Ok, so how would you go about finding the killed leaders?
Not trying to be nasty, just honest query.

I have no idea. I usually follow my intuition, which is pretty good at guessing people's personalities, from which I gather that pretty much everyone here on the forum would rather do their own thing than follow someone else, except for Shiva who would probably like to be in charge but that doesn't mean it would be a good idea to put her in charge.

Then again, I don't know everyone on this forum as well as I should. Avenger_7 might end up actually being a good leader.
Jedi and Ach0 seem to have the proper attitude of a leader, though I don't know if they have the experience to pull it off.

Instead of considering the outfit as a whole and considering each individual soldier, some people would, if put in charge, simply consider the entire unit to be their own personal backup, like shoulder-mounted cannons that follow them around.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2 Outfit   Planetside 2 Outfit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 3:24 pm

Error and I both have experience with this sort of thing from BSGO. It works very well when people listen to someone.

What I would probably do is take overwatch and make sure everyone knows what's happening in the overall battle via the in-game voice chat, while a squad leader would do more to organize the group. This is more due to my play style than anything else, and it worked well back when I played CoD competitively (DON'T ASK WHY, I DON'T KNOW).
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2 Outfit   Planetside 2 Outfit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 3:33 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:
Error and I both have experience with this sort of thing from BSGO. It works very well when people listen to someone.

What I would probably do is take overwatch and make sure everyone knows what's happening in the overall battle via the in-game voice chat, while a squad leader would do more to organize the group. This is more due to my play style than anything else, and it worked well back when I played CoD competitively (DON'T ASK WHY, I DON'T KNOW).

Overwatch could definitely be useful. Very often a "Hey, the enemy's flanked around you" could have saved me.

Or, you know, letting me know the enemy front has moved or something.

Personally I think I'd have an overwatch in a gunship so he can see the battlefield from the air and also deliver air support.
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2 Outfit   Planetside 2 Outfit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 3:34 pm

Seconded. Avenger's good at seeing the battle, as am I, since we both fly with probably the most tight-knit squadron on BSGO. And seeing as I fly an unmanuverable space-pig anyway, I don't think flying a gunship (or Galaxy) would be much of a stretch.

Though my own tactical awareness generally extends to the sky and the end of a sniper scope.

Last edited by Commander Error on Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2 Outfit   Planetside 2 Outfit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 3:36 pm

Commander Error wrote:
and the end of a sniper scope.

That was my mistake Razz
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2 Outfit   Planetside 2 Outfit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 3:37 pm

Pat Best wrote:
Commander Error wrote:

That was my mistake Razz

/headshot pat
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2 Outfit   Planetside 2 Outfit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 3:38 pm

Commander Error wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Commander Error wrote:

That was my mistake Razz

/headshot pat

There are so many snipers. Everywhere I went all the snipers just got caught in a sniper war with each other.
That's where the gunship comes in!
"Sniper at X location, deliver fire support!"
BWAM BWAM BWAM BWAM BWAM
"Target eliminated!"
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2 Outfit   Planetside 2 Outfit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 3:42 pm

Does anyone know if it's possible to optimize this game to work reasonably well on crappy hardware? Does the code just handle the persistent environment badly or...? I mean, aside from the massive amounts of players I don't see why I can't peak 8 FPS...the graphics aren't exactly anything to write home about.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2 Outfit   Planetside 2 Outfit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 3:43 pm

Tiel wrote:
Does anyone know if it's possible to optimize this game to work reasonably well on crappy hardware? Does the code just handle the persistent environment badly or...? I mean, aside from the massive amounts of players I don't see why I can't peak 8 FPS...the graphics aren't exactly anything to write home about.

My brother has the same issue, though his computer is far from crappy ( although it may be dying... )

So I guess, hope the game is much better optimized on official release.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2 Outfit   Planetside 2 Outfit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 3:45 pm

This is a computer that could pull BF3 at reasonable framerates..
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2 Outfit   Planetside 2 Outfit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 3:48 pm

I've created a Vanu character on Thebes, name PatBest22

Don't expect me online too often but I'll probably give it a go once in a while with the Futurecraft Alliance.
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2 Outfit   Planetside 2 Outfit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 3:54 pm

We should probly come up with different roles for everyone. ie) Avenger or me as overwatch, person x as sniper, etc.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2 Outfit   Planetside 2 Outfit - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 4:00 pm

In case I ever manage to get this running I would like to be..uh..

I seem to have forgotten what classes there are silent

I got my Beta key back in August, haven't played since :L
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2 Outfit   Planetside 2 Outfit - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Planetside 2 Outfit
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next