Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Roleplay Reset

Go down 
+4
torrentialAberration
_Shadowcat_
Tiel+
Ivan2006
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Should we reset the original politics RP?
Yes, why hasn´t it happened earlier?
Roleplay Reset Vote_lcap37%Roleplay Reset Vote_rcap
 37% [ 7 ]
Yes, but this time with a proper tech-tree.
Roleplay Reset Vote_lcap47%Roleplay Reset Vote_rcap
 47% [ 9 ]
No, let it as it is.
Roleplay Reset Vote_lcap11%Roleplay Reset Vote_rcap
 11% [ 2 ]
No, but make clear that new factions are no longer allowed.
Roleplay Reset Vote_lcap0%Roleplay Reset Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Reset, I wanna kill the Doctor!
Roleplay Reset Vote_lcap5%Roleplay Reset Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
<insert robotic statement here>
Roleplay Reset Vote_lcap0%Roleplay Reset Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 19

AuthorMessage
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

Roleplay Reset Empty
PostSubject: Roleplay Reset   Roleplay Reset Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 4:54 am

The original Rp, where we had factions and made wars and politics pretty much died shortly after Fenway decided to have us all thrown into some post-apocalyptic environment.
The question is: should we reset this and start from scratch?
I think we can do better than we did last time.
Also, that tech-tree never got to use, so why don´t we just start anew and have a tech-tree for fairness?
Vote and discuss!
If you change your opinion, please also change your vote.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

Roleplay Reset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Reset   Roleplay Reset Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 9:42 am

Fenway didn't. Error made a thread and everyone lost interest in the original, I believe.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

Roleplay Reset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Reset   Roleplay Reset Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 12:32 pm

Tiel wrote:
Fenway didn't. Error made a thread and everyone lost interest in the original, I believe.

I never said Fenway was guilty for the original Rp dying, I just said he made the time-jump happen which led to our stuff being... slightly ruined.
It´s true that other treads pulled the interest away from the original RP, but for the sake of factions, let´s resurrect that stuff!
Back to top Go down
_Shadowcat_
Infantry
Infantry
_Shadowcat_

Roleplay Reset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Reset   Roleplay Reset Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 12:35 pm

I say yes, Reset, But with a tech tree, A main RP, and Faction aproval system so there is less OP OMFLURBAGERD I HAZ 90000 MEGA-SUPER-ULTRA-DREADNAUGHTS stuff.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

Roleplay Reset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Reset   Roleplay Reset Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 12:43 pm

_Shadowcat_ wrote:
I say yes, Reset, But with a tech tree, A main RP, and Faction aproval system so there is less OP OMFLURBAGERD I HAZ 90000 MEGA-SUPER-ULTRA-DREADNAUGHTS stuff.

People would have been kicked for that before, but the tech tree is more to prevent a more substile kind of OP-ness: Super-Tech

Ever heard of Technotronics?
Propably one of the most powerful factions there were in the original RP.
Also their technology was one of the key features that allowed for the defeat of that guper-powerful thing called "Chaos".
So, I do like them, but they were a little bit OP.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

Roleplay Reset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Reset   Roleplay Reset Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 12:58 pm

Meh, I've stated my dislike of a tree system for tech.
Back to top Go down
_Shadowcat_
Infantry
Infantry
_Shadowcat_

Roleplay Reset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Reset   Roleplay Reset Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 1:00 pm

Maybe more of a tech web, Like in civlization? instead of one research unlocks another you have to research multiple things to unlock others, And what you research can lead you down a variety of difrent paths, Instead of just one path for every tech.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

Roleplay Reset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Reset   Roleplay Reset Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 1:05 pm

_Shadowcat_ wrote:
Maybe more of a tech web, Like in civlization? instead of one research unlocks another you have to research multiple things to unlock others, And what you research can lead you down a variety of difrent paths, Instead of just one path for every tech.

Tech web? like in civilization?

RP-idea of the month, ladies and gentlemen!
Back to top Go down
_Shadowcat_
Infantry
Infantry
_Shadowcat_

Roleplay Reset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Reset   Roleplay Reset Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 1:11 pm

Here is an example its form a game called freeciv, A free parody of civlization by some indie dev.
Spoiler:
I was too lazy to peice it togehter all the way to the end, But at the end is stealth tech and Fusion Technology anyway you can research all the way to the end without researchng everything. So you can take many difrent paths without having to research everything else.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

Roleplay Reset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Reset   Roleplay Reset Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 1:12 pm

No, it's still too restricting. RP should feel like... uhm... RP, not like your playing a videogame where you do this thing to unlock these.
Back to top Go down
_Shadowcat_
Infantry
Infantry
_Shadowcat_

Roleplay Reset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Reset   Roleplay Reset Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 1:14 pm

But its logical, People would have to discover the same things to have the same tech, Maybe not in the same order as others but still they would have to research some of the same things. And RP without rules or guidelins is Chaos
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

Roleplay Reset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Reset   Roleplay Reset Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 1:20 pm

I´m not really sure how this will turn out, but I think a tech-tree/tech web would be quite useful to keep track on how advanced a certain faction is on certain branches of technology.
Back to top Go down
_Shadowcat_
Infantry
Infantry
_Shadowcat_

Roleplay Reset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Reset   Roleplay Reset Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 1:24 pm

But if tht is to happen we need to spend the time to build a good, Indef techweb. so start listing some tech!
Ima go start working on one.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

Roleplay Reset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Reset   Roleplay Reset Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 1:28 pm

_Shadowcat_ wrote:
But if tht is to happen we need to spend the time to build a good, Indef techweb. so start listing some tech!
Ima go start working on one.

Actually, Shiva was working on something, but I think it got scratched.

Also, start at RL-present day tech on the low side and go up to planet destroying Superlasers.

And don´t forget the stuff that was only used by a single faction in the original RP or something, cause they might want to use it again.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

Roleplay Reset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Reset   Roleplay Reset Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 1:30 pm

There can be rules and guidelines without having restrictions on tech. Different factions will have different tech, and that tech won't change very much unless it's harvested from a different faction. I say, if it's not completely OP, out of the faction's grasp, or ridiculous, then it should be fine.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

Roleplay Reset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Reset   Roleplay Reset Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 1:32 pm

catsonmeth wrote:
There can be rules and guidelines without having restrictions on tech. Different factions will have different tech, and that tech won't change very much unless it's harvested from a different faction. I say, if it's not completely OP, out of the faction's grasp, or ridiculous, then it should be fine.

What about a more-or less accurate description of what techs are availavble to public, how much you should have maximum to not be OP and what techs are reserver to which specific factions?
How sounds that?
Back to top Go down
_Shadowcat_
Infantry
Infantry
_Shadowcat_

Roleplay Reset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Reset   Roleplay Reset Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 1:36 pm

Uh where is this originalRP?
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

Roleplay Reset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Reset   Roleplay Reset Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 1:40 pm

_Shadowcat_ wrote:
Uh where is this originalRP?

It´s called "diplomatic thread"
Back to top Go down
_Shadowcat_
Infantry
Infantry
_Shadowcat_

Roleplay Reset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Reset   Roleplay Reset Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 1:48 pm

How indef should the techtree be? Like should I include mining and colony stuff or just strict engines, hulls, sheilds, etc?
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

Roleplay Reset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Reset   Roleplay Reset Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 2:11 pm

_Shadowcat_ wrote:
How indef should the techtree be? Like should I include mining and colony stuff or just strict engines, hulls, sheilds, etc?

Every aspect of sci-fi?

From basic raw tech to actual devices.
From power generators to force sensitive machinery.

EVERYTHING that is somehow technologically achievable in any sci-fi universe there is!

That´s basically the reason there is no tech tree yet.
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

Roleplay Reset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Reset   Roleplay Reset Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 2:28 pm

Shiva already finished the Tech Tree. Haven't you checked that thread?

Also, full support of reset.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

Roleplay Reset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Reset   Roleplay Reset Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 2:58 pm

Professor Fenway wrote:
Shiva already finished the Tech Tree. Haven't you checked that thread?

Also, full support of reset.

There was no note on any finishing of the tech tree.
There was just some halfway-done version just to show that progress exists.
Back to top Go down
_Shadowcat_
Infantry
Infantry
_Shadowcat_

Roleplay Reset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Reset   Roleplay Reset Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 3:01 pm

Hmm thats alot of area to cover, We will need everyone to pitch into this, I suggest a google document for us to work on?
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

Roleplay Reset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Reset   Roleplay Reset Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 3:10 pm

_Shadowcat_ wrote:
Hmm thats alot of area to cover, We will need everyone to pitch into this, I suggest a google document for us to work on?

I don´t really have any knowledge about google-documents.
I don´t even know how they work.
Back to top Go down
_Shadowcat_
Infantry
Infantry
_Shadowcat_

Roleplay Reset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Reset   Roleplay Reset Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 3:13 pm

Its really simple, You create a new document and select who can veiw it (Public, Private, Freinds) Then who can edit it (Anyone, Select, You). Il go make one right now the show it to yah.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Roleplay Reset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Reset   Roleplay Reset Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roleplay Reset
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next