Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Entity customizer

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

Entity customizer  Empty
PostSubject: Entity customizer    Entity customizer  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 7:18 am

So I though that while we can customize our big blocky frigates and cruisers our fighters , rockets and stuff will remain pretty much uniform. While I understand it is too complicated to customize the model of the entity in-game I found another more achievable solution. The idea is that a pre-made mesh will receive different properties depending on what we want.

Let's say I want to build a new Torpedo. I go to a special block. A big crafting window appears with a big grid. I choose a frame out of those available (the base mesh with some basic stats) and the grid narrows to the specific frame of the torpedo (Just a long thin rectangle probably ...). I can put different parts in this frame such as engines, computers and warheads. We will make different requirements such as fuel and energy so there will also be need to put wires, tubes and stuff. When I'm done placing I will press "create" and get a ready unit with the pre-made model and my own properties (let's say I gave it two warheads, one explodes first to breach the hull and the other explodes in the hull itself. This also means we can set properties to objects in the greed such as fuse times and maybe adding condition gates). This way we will be able to get different entities.

Also a question - will turrets be entities ? If so they can also be crafted like that though I suggest using blocks for on-board systems and weapons when possible.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

Entity customizer  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entity customizer    Entity customizer  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 5:15 am

I figure that's pretty much how it'll work. Objects will be built from multiple interchangeable pieces at socket points with some standardized shape to them.

Turrets are entities and will be crafted through the in-world assembly system.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

Entity customizer  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entity customizer    Entity customizer  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 12:37 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
I figure that's pretty much how it'll work. Objects will be built from multiple interchangeable pieces at socket points with some standardized shape to them.

Turrets are entities and will be crafted through the in-world assembly system.

Except for the large guns which will somehow work with joints?
Or has that one changed without me noticing?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Entity customizer  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entity customizer    Entity customizer  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Entity customizer
Page 1 of 1