Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

How are we preventing balance issues due to item spawning?

Go down 
+10
kennysmith1234
tonyri
Commander Error
Conscript Gary
Buggy1997123
DylanxModZz
GLaDOS
fr0stbyte124
ectrimble20
Apokalypse
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
GLaDOS
Infantry
Infantry
GLaDOS

How are we preventing balance issues due to item spawning? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How are we preventing balance issues due to item spawning?   How are we preventing balance issues due to item spawning? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 11:24 pm

The end of the world as we know it.
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: How are we preventing balance issues due to item spawning?   How are we preventing balance issues due to item spawning? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 2:12 am

daman200 wrote:
The end of the world as we know it.
The correct answer to that was supposed to be:

SPARTA!!
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: How are we preventing balance issues due to item spawning?   How are we preventing balance issues due to item spawning? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 9:56 am

But I feel fine!
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: How are we preventing balance issues due to item spawning?   How are we preventing balance issues due to item spawning? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 4:34 pm

TheLordofError wrote:
But I feel fine!
Well you won't for long.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: How are we preventing balance issues due to item spawning?   How are we preventing balance issues due to item spawning? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 6:12 pm

Dr. Mackeroth wrote:
TheLordofError wrote:
But I feel fine!
Well you won't for long.

While you guys bomb my planet for taking your quotes, I will wait out your invasion in my super bunker of doom.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: How are we preventing balance issues due to item spawning?   How are we preventing balance issues due to item spawning? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 6:19 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
Dr. Mackeroth wrote:
TheLordofError wrote:
But I feel fine!
Well you won't for long.

While you guys bomb my planet for taking your quotes, I will wait out your invasion in my super bunker of doom.
I will use my secret admin powers to teleport myself to you, and then teleport you to Doc. YOU JUST GOT BUNKERJACKED, SON! Surprised
Back to top Go down
tonyri
tonyri

PostSubject: Re: How are we preventing balance issues due to item spawning?   How are we preventing balance issues due to item spawning? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 6:22 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
Dr. Mackeroth wrote:
TheLordofError wrote:
But I feel fine!
Well you won't for long.

Bunkers are usually a bad idea. While you were gone, I could irradiate your entire planet with a few neutron bombs and make it impossible for you to leave.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: How are we preventing balance issues due to item spawning?   How are we preventing balance issues due to item spawning? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 6:25 pm

tonyri wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:
Dr. Mackeroth wrote:
TheLordofError wrote:
But I feel fine!
Well you won't for long.

Bunkers are usually a bad idea. While you were gone, I could irradiate your entire planet with a few neutron bombs and make it impossible for you to leave.

But if im in a bunker, and not fighting, that means im saying Wgasa about my planet, so nuke it all you want, my uber-shield will protect me!
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: How are we preventing balance issues due to item spawning?   How are we preventing balance issues due to item spawning? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 7:33 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:
Dr. Mackeroth wrote:
TheLordofError wrote:
But I feel fine!
Well you won't for long.

I will use my secret admin powers to teleport myself to you, and then teleport you to Doc. YOU JUST GOT BUNKERJACKED, SON! Surprised

Replay the scene from Star Wars VI where Luke meats the Emperor at the top of the pole spire on the Death Star. Except switch Luke with ACHO and the Emperor with me, and the Death Star with my flag ship.
Back to top Go down
ectrimble20
DEV
DEV
ectrimble20

PostSubject: Re: How are we preventing balance issues due to item spawning?   How are we preventing balance issues due to item spawning? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 8:56 pm

Oh OH!!! and Frost could be vader, and I could be Chewbaca! RARRRRRRRRR!!!!

Aww man, that would be so weird cuz then Frost would be Acho's father, and Frost could be all "Acho, I am your father", Acho would be "NOOOOOOOO it isn't true!!!" uhhh.... suppose Tonyri could be like Leah or something, which again, Frost with his kids deal there. Shiva would of course have to be Han's and we could be all "peace out fools" hop in the millenium falcon and fly off and have adventures and get caught by bounty hunters but always get away.

Yeah! Star Wars! w0000!!!
Back to top Go down
GLaDOS
Infantry
Infantry
GLaDOS

PostSubject: Re: How are we preventing balance issues due to item spawning?   How are we preventing balance issues due to item spawning? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 10:57 pm

Soo... Where do I fit in?I could be Wikkit. Ya know, the head Ewok? I would do well as a little penguin-waddle style creature.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: How are we preventing balance issues due to item spawning?   How are we preventing balance issues due to item spawning? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 11:08 pm

Ummmm.......... I dont like Luke........ I prefer Yoda, im veeery short, too
Back to top Go down
ectrimble20
DEV
DEV
ectrimble20

PostSubject: Re: How are we preventing balance issues due to item spawning?   How are we preventing balance issues due to item spawning? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 1:22 am

Damnit people quit F#@$*%#n with the FutureCraftStarWar's Movie Pt 1 of 7 casting.

Acho, you're luke, that's final, I just really want to hear frost tell you he's your father. Daman.... you can be... uhhh... you can be... you know what, heck with it, you can be Vegeta, we'll just call it Dragon Ball FutureCraftStarWar's Movie Pt 1 of 7 Z.

That way you can be like "OMG THE EMPIRE! THEY'RE OVER 9000!" and I'll be like "RAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH" and then Shiva will be all "Screw this, I'm hop'n in the Falcon, PEACE!". Just like Shiva, just peace'n out all the time in his Millennium Falcon... THAT HE STOLE (or won, or something from ol' what's his face from Sky City).

Good lord, when did I become a Star War's geek?

For The Emperor!
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: How are we preventing balance issues due to item spawning?   How are we preventing balance issues due to item spawning? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 3:28 am

ectrimble20 wrote:
Damnit people quit F#@$*%#n with the FutureCraftStarWar's Movie Pt 1 of 7 casting.

Acho, you're luke, that's final, I just really want to hear frost tell you he's your father. Daman.... you can be... uhhh... you can be... you know what, heck with it, you can be Vegeta, we'll just call it Dragon Ball FutureCraftStarWar's Movie Pt 1 of 7 Z.

That way you can be like "OMG THE EMPIRE! THEY'RE OVER 9000!" and I'll be like "RAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH" and then Shiva will be all "Screw this, I'm hop'n in the Falcon, PEACE!". Just like Shiva, just peace'n out all the time in her Millennium Falcon... THAT SHE STOLE (or won, or something from ol' what's his face from Sky City).

Good lord, when did I become a Star War's geek?

For The Emperor!
The same time I became a Battlestar Galactica geek. Also, by the emperor do you mean me, or the other emperor who is not involved in the movie?
Oh, and Shiva isn't a "he".
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: How are we preventing balance issues due to item spawning?   How are we preventing balance issues due to item spawning? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 10:05 am

ectrimble20 wrote:
Oh OH!!! and Frost could be vader, and I could be Chewbaca! RARRRRRRRRR!!!!

Aww man, that would be so weird cuz then Frost would be Acho's father, and Frost could be all "Acho, I am your father", Acho would be "NOOOOOOOO it isn't true!!!" uhhh.... suppose Tonyri could be like Leah or something, which again, Frost with his kids deal there. Shiva would of course have to be Han's and we could be all "peace out fools" hop in the millenium falcon and fly off and have adventures and get caught by bounty hunters but always get away.

Yeah! Star Wars! w0000!!!

Can I play Wedge Antilles? *hopeful look*
Back to top Go down
ectrimble20
DEV
DEV
ectrimble20

PostSubject: Re: How are we preventing balance issues due to item spawning?   How are we preventing balance issues due to item spawning? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 2:42 pm

Quote :
The same time I became a Battlestar Galactica geek. Also, by the emperor do you mean me, or the other emperor who is not involved in the movie?
Oh, and Shiva isn't a "he".

wait what? Shiva is a.... a.... girl? On the internet? LIES!!!!! I don't believe you. Women + internet = LOL no.

but on a serious note, I did not know that. I don't believe we've ever had a gender discussion previously, but I am a man, just in case there's any question as to whether to use he or she for ectrimble. Also, my first name is Eric, in case typing out ECTrimble20 becomes cumbersome.

of and I reverted back to my WH 40k roots, For the Emperor is the battle cry of the space marines. But you're free to assume I was speaking to you Doc Razz

Quote :
Can I play Wedge Antilles? *hopeful look*

No, you get to be the A-Wing pilot who crashes into the SSD in the last movie. You die, but at least you take out a whole SSD just by hitting the control tower... which was kinda like wtf? why was that so easy?
Back to top Go down
GLaDOS
Infantry
Infantry
GLaDOS

PostSubject: Re: How are we preventing balance issues due to item spawning?   How are we preventing balance issues due to item spawning? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 5:39 pm

Same reason the whole facility went dip$&!# when GLaDOS was destroyed. There isn't anything left to control the ship.
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: How are we preventing balance issues due to item spawning?   How are we preventing balance issues due to item spawning? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 9:54 am

...So I take it the fact that that pilot dies like 4 times (shot down, crashed, shot down, killed and SSD) has no affect on my respawn ability?
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: How are we preventing balance issues due to item spawning?   How are we preventing balance issues due to item spawning? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 10:49 am

No, but it can't be good for your insurance premiums.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

PostSubject: Re: How are we preventing balance issues due to item spawning?   How are we preventing balance issues due to item spawning? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 12:10 pm

Will you respawn in the main ship or at your house on your home planet?
Home would be more realistic, and make it more skill of fighting than skill of how many fighters can we build.
Ship would make it more fun.
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: How are we preventing balance issues due to item spawning?   How are we preventing balance issues due to item spawning? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 1:09 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
No, but it can't be good for your insurance premiums.

Damn right it's not.
Back to top Go down
ectrimble20
DEV
DEV
ectrimble20

PostSubject: Re: How are we preventing balance issues due to item spawning?   How are we preventing balance issues due to item spawning? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 3:40 pm

Keon wrote:
Will you respawn in the main ship or at your house on your home planet?
Home would be more realistic, and make it more skill of fighting than skill of how many fighters can we build.
Ship would make it more fun.

Quit interrupting our star war's ranting with your questions.

But in all seriousness, I don't know. I don't know if it makes sense programming wise to put enough logic into the system to drop you back to your home planet or if we should just pop you onto your ship.

Logically, I'd send you back home. You die, you spawn back on your home server, that's how I'd like it to work. How it's actually going to work will depend on a number of factors with the game engine.
Back to top Go down
TinkerPox
TinkerPox

PostSubject: Re: How are we preventing balance issues due to item spawning?   How are we preventing balance issues due to item spawning? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 9:08 pm

daman200 wrote:
Although It would be extremely hard to build ships on survival anyway. You're building a giant dreadnought, you're real proud about building it, about to place the last block, when a cruiser or two comes and completely destroys it. Many months of hard work and mining wasted. Razz
As I said on the Minecraft forum page on FutureCraft I suggested for an underground hanger with sliding roof doors, and Fr0stbyte said he thinks it is a good idea, I am assuming for that reason.
Back to top Go down
TinkerPox
TinkerPox

PostSubject: Re: How are we preventing balance issues due to item spawning?   How are we preventing balance issues due to item spawning? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 10:23 am

Will their be creative mode? That has item spawning.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: How are we preventing balance issues due to item spawning?   How are we preventing balance issues due to item spawning? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 3:19 pm

There will be but you won't be able to enter survival systems with anything you've made, nor will you be able to get levels in things while you are there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How are we preventing balance issues due to item spawning?   How are we preventing balance issues due to item spawning? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How are we preventing balance issues due to item spawning?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2