Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Scenario Games

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

Scenario Games Empty
PostSubject: Scenario Games   Scenario Games Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 10:24 am

So I was thinking that when Futurecraft is eventually up and running, it would be a lot of fun for the Moderators to host month-long scenario games. There would be many different set-ups, but for the most part each game wold look something like this:

Seven (or more) groups of the same number of players start in seven different solar systems. All evenly spaced out.

First week and a half would be for rapid expansion and building scout vessels/colony ships for that expansion.

The next week or so would be for making contact with neighbors and either allying with them or having minor border skirmishes.

Weeks 3 and 4 would be be for building a fleet with the resources you've found and waging all out war with your enemies.

On the last day, (if one hasn't already happened or is in the works) the moderators would pick a spot for a final climactic battle to determine the victors of the scenario.

My idea for the first scenario would go something like this:

Scenario Game 1: The Empire

Set-up:
There six groups of players, each one is its own nation and starts with its own solar system. Five of these groups will start out with two auto-miners, a small space port, two shuttles, and a medium corvette. The sixth nation is the Empire and starts with one auto-miner, a medium space port, two orbital defense platforms (or whatever is enough to defend itself from five medium corvettes), two heavy corvettes, a medium cruiser, and a medium freighter.

Scenario:
The five subject nations (they can choose their own names) can collect resources, but must give the Empire a tax of 1/5th of their resources [or a set number, I'm not sure]. The Empire has to go collect its taxes from each nation once per day. If one of the subject nations decides to rebel and stop paying its taxes or attacks the Imperial Fleet, then the Empire will retaliate and attack the rebel. However, the Empire cannot attack a nation that is paying its taxes and hasn't attacked its ships.

Possibilities:
The five subject nations can ally with each other and attack the Empire, go it alone, meekly pay their taxes and stay out of conflict, or even ally with the Empire and help crush their rebellious neighbors.
When collecting taxes, each Imperial ship can only make two jumps per hour (drives take an hour to spool up after the second jump). So to be safe, the Empire can send its entire fleet, once per hour, to each subject system to collect its taxes. Or, it can split its fleet and collect faster, but also risk a combined attack from the other nations.
The subject nations can use their corvettes to mount an early attack on the Empire or they can use them to scout out theirs and neighboring systems for easily exploitable resources.

End:
The game is over when the Empire and its allies are defeated, or when a month has passed the moderators declare a victor.

Let me know what you guys think. The basic scenario setup follows the lines of this game (which I highly recommend): http://www.zerosumgames.net/
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

Scenario Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scenario Games   Scenario Games Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 1:36 pm

sounds fun
Back to top Go down
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry
Soul of Jack

Scenario Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scenario Games   Scenario Games Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 2:34 pm

Indeed.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

Scenario Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scenario Games   Scenario Games Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 2:39 pm

I hate fun Razz .
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

Scenario Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scenario Games   Scenario Games Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 2:48 pm

Fun hates you too...
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

Scenario Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scenario Games   Scenario Games Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 2:54 pm

Haters gonna hate Sad
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

Scenario Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scenario Games   Scenario Games Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 4:13 pm

BTW I said I hate fun couse I'm currently in a middle of a marathon of watching the reviews of the worst video games ever, turns out it's hilarious Razz . I remember watching with my friends reviews of the worst movies ever , my personal favourite was star wars holiday special it was hilariously terrible Razz .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Scenario Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scenario Games   Scenario Games Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scenario Games
Page 1 of 1