Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Sci-Fi Franchises

Go down 
+24
Ivan2006
Abaddon the Despoiler
Avenger_7
Happyman
Potato
Pat Best
Joel
Cheatmaster
fr0stbyte124
Shiva
Dux Tell31
ACH0225
Hierarch Fenway
Haycalon
Commander Kobialka
Brz99
Son of Wolves
The Schmetterling
superninjakiwi
Tiel+
Iv121
Last_Jedi_Standing
Keon
Laserbilly
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

Sci-Fi Franchises Empty
PostSubject: Sci-Fi Franchises   Sci-Fi Franchises Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 10:58 am

I decided to rename the thread to so that it won't be so competitive in here.

Keon wrote:
oFTWoHMANoFTWo wrote:
superninjakiwi wrote:
hyperlite wrote:
superninjakiwi wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
Cheeseeroth wrote:
blockman42 wrote:
Cheeseeroth wrote:
Lord Mackeroth wrote:
Keon wrote:
Lord Mackeroth wrote:
Cheeseeroth wrote:
Lord Mackeroth wrote:
Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
oFTWoHMANoFTWo wrote:
oFTWoHMANoFTWo wrote:
TacticalSheep5 wrote:
Woo Hoo! Star Wars is in the lead!

battle star galactica has better ships. >: (
No. It doesn't.
your right it doesn't, Stargate does.
No. It doesn't.
You know stargate is better
Think about who you're talking to, and whether or not that's true. Wink
Stargate is better.
No. It's not.
Oh, really? Prove it.
Oh really? Prove it isn't!
I'm trying to prove that it is better!
Tell me what the original argument was and I'd be happy to win it! In the mean time, I'll remained confused!
The argument is that Star Wars is better than all other SF franchises. That's not an opinion, it's a fact.
No, it's just an opinion.
That's your opinion.
How do you define "better"?
Of a more excellent or effective type or quality: "hoping for better weather"; "I'm better at algebra than Alice".

Define "opinion"
A view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

No matter what ANYONE says, STARGATE IS THE BEST! and also they're are so many quotes
quooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooootes!!!!
I would like to see some evidence that Star Wars is better than any other Sci-Fi frachise, please.

Last edited by Laserbilly on Thu May 03, 2012 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

Sci-Fi Franchises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Sci-Fi Franchises Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 11:04 am

No.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

Sci-Fi Franchises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Sci-Fi Franchises Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 11:12 am

Keon wrote:
No.
no what?
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

Sci-Fi Franchises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Sci-Fi Franchises Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 2:12 pm

"You don't need evidence that Star Wars is the best."
"I don't kneed evidence that Star Wars is the best."
"You want to go home and rethink your franchise."
"I want to go home and rethink my franchise."
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

Sci-Fi Franchises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Sci-Fi Franchises Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 2:40 pm

Think of your favourite franchise.
I think of my favourite franchise.

What do you see ?
I see red all around - it's blood , no it's not , ITS A SATANAS ITS A FREAKIN SJ SATANAS FLYING IN MY FREAKIN MIND !!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Well freespace is my favourite space combat but my favourite Scifi franchise is ... well I don't have one I prefer different ones over others ... like Fallout for example. Interplay did a great job inventing the franchise (Guess another game they did a great job with Smile ) and Bethesda did a great job turning into the all recognized RPG .
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

Sci-Fi Franchises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Sci-Fi Franchises Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 2:43 pm

Mass Effect.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

Sci-Fi Franchises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Sci-Fi Franchises Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 3:16 pm

Seriously, can't you make an honest effort to argue your point? I've seen all the movies and don't like Star Wars all that much. Sure it's entertaining, but I believe a few other franchises are better. I would honestly like to hear a coherent argument by a fan. If it's honestly as good as you claim it is, why don't you defend your claim?
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

Sci-Fi Franchises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Sci-Fi Franchises Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 4:13 pm

Laserbilly wrote:

Seriously, can't you make an honest effort to argue your point? I've seen all the movies and don't like Star Wars all that much. Sure it's entertaining, but I believe a few other franchises are better. I would honestly like to hear a coherent argument by a fan. If it's honestly as good as you claim it is, why don't you defend your claim?
Because logic cannot change belief. I believe that Star Wars is the best, and nothing you or anyone else can say will change that. Likewise, if you do not believe that Star Wars is the best, nothing that I or anyone else can say will change that. I frequently meet people who vehemently disagree with me (Looking at you, Trekkies...), and in all the times I've had this exact same argument, it hasn't made a difference even once. Instead of wasting everyone's time, I simply state the facts at the beginning. They are: I think Star Wars is better than whatever franchise the other person names; The other person cannot change my mind; I cannot change the other person's mind; We can either leave in peace or fight to the death. I prefer to leave in peace.
Back to top Go down
superninjakiwi
Infantry
Infantry
superninjakiwi

Sci-Fi Franchises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Sci-Fi Franchises Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 4:24 pm

Laserbilly wrote:

Because logic cannot change belief. I believe that Star Wars is the best, and nothing you or anyone else can say will change that. Likewise, if you do not believe that Star Wars is the best, nothing that I or anyone else can say will change that. I frequently meet people who vehemently disagree with me (Looking at you, Trekkies...), and in all the times I've had this exact same argument, it hasn't made a difference even once. Instead of wasting everyone's time, I simply state the facts at the beginning. They are: I think Star Wars is better than whatever franchise the other person names; The other person cannot change my mind; I cannot change the other person's mind; We can either leave in peace or fight to the death. I prefer to leave in peace.
and i prefer to fight to the death. good thing i don't really have a favorite franchise isn't it(although if i did it wouldn't be star wars)
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

Sci-Fi Franchises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Sci-Fi Franchises Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 4:42 pm

Laserbilly wrote:

I disagree with your statement that logic cannot change belief. I think that if an argument is good enough, an objective thinker will be able to see its validity and come to agree with your point of view.
Based on what I already know about the Star Wars universe, I don't see how you could convince me that it is the best franchise (and honestly, I would love to see that argument).
But that's not what I want, I just want to know what it is you like so much about Star Wars that makes you say "Star Wars is the Best!" Nothing aggressive, I just want a friendly conversation about your favorite science fiction universe, and if you'll listen, I'd like to tell you about mine.

Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

Sci-Fi Franchises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Sci-Fi Franchises Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 5:00 pm

Laserbilly wrote:

You shouldn't put your faith in something before understanding why you are doing it. People have been trying to prove their gods' existence. I ask you to provide a logical, reasonable, argument for why you feel the way you do. If you cannot, that clearly you are the one who must "rethink their franchise".
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

Sci-Fi Franchises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Sci-Fi Franchises Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 5:11 pm

Laserbilly wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:

I disagree with your statement that logic cannot change belief. I think that if an argument is good enough, an objective thinker will be able to see its validity and come to agree with your point of view.
Based on what I already know about the Star Wars universe, I don't see how you could convince me that it is the best franchise (and honestly, I would love to see that argument).
But that's not what I want, I just want to know what it is you like so much about Star Wars that makes you say "Star Wars is the Best!" Nothing aggressive, I just want a friendly conversation about your favorite science fiction universe, and if you'll listen, I'd like to tell you about mine.
2012 years of history support my statement. Ask any priest, rabbi, shaman, or any other person who has had any dealings with any religion Wink. Like I said, I don't think I can convince you it's the best, so I'm not going to try.

I don't know why I like Star Wars so much. I don't have anything against any of the other franchises (except Twilight, of course, which is resoundingly hated by everyone with even a fraction of a brain), and I like some of them, too. Firefly was excellent. I laugh at Trekkies, but Star Trek isn't bad. It's just a bit weird at times (They should have stayed well away from time travel). Star Wars is a huge part of my life, though. I can see 19 assorted Star Wars products from where I'm sitting, and much of my free time is devoted to reading the books or playing with the stuff or writing trivia questions (I need about 200 by September). At this point, I couldn't change if I tried.

Mackeroth: I was typing this when you posted, so I'm not going to quote you. My answer is that I don't need an argument. I feel the way I do. I'm not trying to change how anyone else feels. I've been doing this for a long time now, and I like it. That's all that matters.
Back to top Go down
Son of Wolves
Recruit
Recruit
Son of Wolves

Sci-Fi Franchises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Sci-Fi Franchises Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 6:22 pm

NECROOOOOOOOOO

This is just a drill, I repeat this is just a drill. Not enough time has passed for this to be an actual necro, please return to your work.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

Sci-Fi Franchises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Sci-Fi Franchises Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 2:47 am

SPAM + OFFTOPIC !

I REPEAT MAC THIS IS NOT A DRILL !

ALL UNITS POWER UP THE BANHAMMER - ALL BATTERIES PREPARE TO FIRE !
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

Sci-Fi Franchises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Sci-Fi Franchises Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 6:16 am

Weapons to maximum!
Back to top Go down
Son of Wolves
Recruit
Recruit
Son of Wolves

Sci-Fi Franchises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Sci-Fi Franchises Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 8:06 am

And another forum topic has fallen to Chaos. Retreat, for the Emperor's sake, RETREAT.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

Sci-Fi Franchises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Sci-Fi Franchises Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 12:06 pm

Mass Effect.
Back to top Go down
Son of Wolves
Recruit
Recruit
Son of Wolves

Sci-Fi Franchises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Sci-Fi Franchises Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 12:10 pm

GREY KNIGHTS AND THE EMPEROR's MILITIA ATTACK!!!!
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

Sci-Fi Franchises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Sci-Fi Franchises Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 12:13 pm

Mass Effect.

I used to think Star Wars was the bomb, but after playing ME..
Back to top Go down
Brz99

Sci-Fi Franchises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Sci-Fi Franchises Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 6:44 pm

Star Trek/Star Wars
Rage all you want.
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

Sci-Fi Franchises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Sci-Fi Franchises Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 6:53 pm

Laserbilly wrote:
Keon wrote:
oFTWoHMANoFTWo wrote:
superninjakiwi wrote:
hyperlite wrote:
superninjakiwi wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
Cheeseeroth wrote:
blockman42 wrote:
Cheeseeroth wrote:
Lord Mackeroth wrote:
Keon wrote:
Lord Mackeroth wrote:
Cheeseeroth wrote:
Lord Mackeroth wrote:
oFTWoHMANoFTWo wrote:
oFTWoHMANoFTWo wrote:
TacticalSheep5 wrote:

No. It doesn't.
No. It doesn't.
Stargate is better.
No. It's not.
Oh, really? Prove it.
Tell me what the original argument was and I'd be happy to win it! In the mean time, I'll remained confused!
The argument is that Star Wars is better than all other SF franchises. That's not an opinion, it's a fact.
That's your opinion.
Of a more excellent or effective type or quality: "hoping for better weather"; "I'm better at algebra than Alice".

Define "opinion"
A view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

No matter what ANYONE says, STARGATE IS THE BEST! and also they're are so many quotes
I would like to see some evidence that Star Wars is better than any other Sci-Fi frachise, please.

evidence? there is no evidence. Well there IS evidence..... that stargate is the best hands sown. Evidence: Sci-Fi Franchises F162c8656a8ae543e765aec8abd4f474
VS
Sci-Fi Franchises 122120013_ab5cfadd11
Back to top Go down
http://www.thecraftersmakevideos.webs.com
Haycalon
Haycalon

Sci-Fi Franchises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Sci-Fi Franchise   Sci-Fi Franchises Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 9:46 pm

This is one of the primary reasons Mass Effect is my favorite Sci-Fi series ever. Of all time. Sci-Fi Franchises My-fleet-of-awesomeness
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

Sci-Fi Franchises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Sci-Fi Franchises Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 10:04 pm

Kobialka wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
Keon wrote:
oFTWoHMANoFTWo wrote:
superninjakiwi wrote:
hyperlite wrote:
superninjakiwi wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
blockman42 wrote:
Lord Mackeroth wrote:
Keon wrote:
Lord Mackeroth wrote:
Lord Mackeroth wrote:
oFTWoHMANoFTWo wrote:
oFTWoHMANoFTWo wrote:
TacticalSheep5 wrote:

No. It doesn't.
No. It doesn't.
Stargate is better.
No. It's not.
Oh, really? Prove it.
That's your opinion.

Define "opinion"

evidence? there is no evidence. Well there IS evidence..... that stargate is the best hands sown. Evidence: <large ship>
VS
<LEGO Y-wing
Star Wars has LEGOs. Argument won.
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

Sci-Fi Franchises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Sci-Fi Franchises Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 12:33 am

BanHammer main capacitor cells 89% charged and climbing! Harmonic Equilizer Cannon 95% Charged! Targeting Uplink established! Yttrium shells loaded! Communication Jammer systems online! Shields at 133.7% and climbing!

Permission to fire, sir?
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

Sci-Fi Franchises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Sci-Fi Franchises Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 10:18 am

Yay for Yttrium! What do Yttrium shells do, fire space owls that then burn you with flames?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sci-Fi Franchises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Sci-Fi Franchises Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sci-Fi Franchises
Page 1 of 13Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: General Area :: Off-Topic Area-
Jump to: