Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Sci-Fi Franchises

Go down 
+24
Ivan2006
Abaddon the Despoiler
Avenger_7
Happyman
Potato
Pat Best
Joel
Cheatmaster
fr0stbyte124
Shiva
Dux Tell31
ACH0225
Hierarch Fenway
Haycalon
Commander Kobialka
Brz99
Son of Wolves
The Schmetterling
superninjakiwi
Tiel+
Iv121
Last_Jedi_Standing
Keon
Laserbilly
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Haycalon
Haycalon

Sci-Fi Franchises - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Sci-Fi Franchises - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 8:15 pm

Kobialka wrote:
haycalon wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
haycalon wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
haycalon wrote:
This is one of the primary reasons Mass Effect is my favorite Sci-Fi series ever. Of all time. Sci-Fi Franchises - Page 3 My-fleet-of-awesomeness

What am I looking at here?

That is a small-scale image of the final push into the Sol relay in the conclusion of Mass Effect 3. It is a combination of all of the most powerful forces in the ME galaxy. It is indicative to me of the massive size, scale, and detail of the ME universe.
And it would be blown out of space by the Imperial Navy.

That's not really a fair statement. Of course the Imperials would win a battle against any other sci-fi franchise, their technology is hundreds and hundreds of years ahead of any other franchise. Once again, this is like batman arm-wrestling superman...

But if you want to go that route, I'm betting the Empire from the Foundation series would slaughter the Imperial Navy.
What?! Superman would beat the @#$% out of Batman! Batman doesn't even have superpowers!

I'm pretty sure that's what I was trying to get across to you. Yes, an empire that spans an entire galaxy will most likely be able to destroy a nation that only has had a couple centuries to explore their neighboring star systems....What I'm trying to say is, where is the fun in that? Of course your franchise can beat any other fleet in open combat, its been imagined thousands of years further into the future than any other futuristic franchise! When you make comments like that, you sound like Cartman five minutes and twenty-one seconds into this episode of South Park: http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s08e01-good-times-with-weapons.
Nooo.... Star Wars is set a long time ago.
Spoiler:
You're avoiding the issue.
I don't think that Star Wars would mop the floor with any series. Mass Effect, 40K, and several other series would provide a serious challenge. Plus, the Empire has too little specialization. And Tie fighters suck...

^ most more modern franchises would beat the Empires A**. The Empire just sucks. The Rebel's suck. The group in Star Wars that has the best chance against forces in other franchises is the Trade Federation. They would also get their A**** kicked by any other franchise. Mass Effect, Maybe Star Trek, Battle Star Galactica, 40K, even HALO would DESTROY any force from Star Wars. Sorry to say it.

No, I very much disagree. While the Empire ships are not as numerous, and suffer from uniformity, they have extremely advanced weaponry. BSG would loose really quickly, Halo is split, because the covenant have plasma weapons and shields, the humans would be destroyed VERY fast. Yes, the Empire is not the most powerful, but it is powerful.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Sci-Fi Franchises - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 8:43 pm

haycalon wrote:
Kobialka wrote:
haycalon wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
haycalon wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
haycalon wrote:
This is one of the primary reasons Mass Effect is my favorite Sci-Fi series ever. Of all time. Sci-Fi Franchises - Page 3 My-fleet-of-awesomeness

That is a small-scale image of the final push into the Sol relay in the conclusion of Mass Effect 3. It is a combination of all of the most powerful forces in the ME galaxy. It is indicative to me of the massive size, scale, and detail of the ME universe.

That's not really a fair statement. Of course the Imperials would win a battle against any other sci-fi franchise, their technology is hundreds and hundreds of years ahead of any other franchise. Once again, this is like batman arm-wrestling superman...

But if you want to go that route, I'm betting the Empire from the Foundation series would slaughter the Imperial Navy.
What?! Superman would beat the @#$% out of Batman! Batman doesn't even have superpowers!

I'm pretty sure that's what I was trying to get across to you. Yes, an empire that spans an entire galaxy will most likely be able to destroy a nation that only has had a couple centuries to explore their neighboring star systems....What I'm trying to say is, where is the fun in that? Of course your franchise can beat any other fleet in open combat, its been imagined thousands of years further into the future than any other futuristic franchise! When you make comments like that, you sound like Cartman five minutes and twenty-one seconds into this episode of South Park: http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s08e01-good-times-with-weapons.
Spoiler:
I don't think that Star Wars would mop the floor with any series. Mass Effect, 40K, and several other series would provide a serious challenge. Plus, the Empire has too little specialization. And Tie fighters suck...

^ most more modern franchises would beat the Empires A**. The Empire just sucks. The Rebel's suck. The group in Star Wars that has the best chance against forces in other franchises is the Trade Federation. They would also get their A**** kicked by any other franchise. Mass Effect, Maybe Star Trek, Battle Star Galactica, 40K, even HALO would DESTROY any force from Star Wars. Sorry to say it.

No, I very much disagree. While the Empire ships are not as numerous, and suffer from uniformity, they have extremely advanced weaponry. BSG would loose really quickly, Halo is split, because the covenant have plasma weapons and shields, the humans would be destroyed VERY fast. Yes, the Empire is not the most powerful, but it is powerful.
Around the time of the Battle of Yavin, the Imperial Fleet included 25 thousand Imperial-class Star Destroyers. That's 25,000 of one kind of ship. It also had thousands and thousands of Super Star Destroyers, frigates, cruisers, Interdictors, Dreadnaughts, carries, and all the other warships necessary to have a good fleet. The Imperial Army included billions of troopers. TIE fighters suck, but they car be launched in overwhelming numbers. Ships from Star Trek suck (sorry); BSG ships are good but there aren't very many of them, and anyway the Cylons would be ripped apart by ion cannons and Connor nets; Halo might put up a fight but they would be overwhelmed, especially when you consider things like Interdictor cruisers. I don't know much about ME and 40K, but I'd guess it's more of the same. And remember, the Empire is only one faction in Star Wars. The timeline currently stretches about 20,000 years. That's a lot of governments, a lot of wars, and a lot of fleets.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Sci-Fi Franchises - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 8:48 pm

Kobialka wrote:
haycalon wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
haycalon wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
haycalon wrote:

Spoiler:

I'm sorry to dissagree with you, but you should read this: http://www.stardestroyer.net/Empire/Essays/FiveMinutes.html.

@haycalon
It's been a while since I played Mass Effect, so I don't know where that franchise's technology is compared to Star Wars.
I don't know anything about the 40K universe, but I'm assuming it's set at least 38,000 years into the future...So there's probably a strong chance they can beat up the Imperials, except for the fact that the Star Wars Empire represents an entire united galaxy...far away, whereas the 40K galaxy (I'm assuming again), is fractured by several different warring races.

Also, for your point about the TIE Fighters, I'm assuming they're so simple because they are made to be mass produced on a galactic scale, and fielded en-mass, with tactics that require huge numbers of fighters piloted by disiplined (cloned?) soldiers. While they may be crumby 1v1, they probably shouldn't be underestimated in a battle.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Sci-Fi Franchises - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 9:01 pm

laserbilly wrote:
haycalon wrote:
Kobialka wrote:
haycalon wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
haycalon wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
haycalon wrote:

Spoiler:

Around the time of the Battle of Yavin, the Imperial Fleet included 25 thousand Imperial-class Star Destroyers. That's 25,000 of one kind of ship. It also had thousands and thousands of Super Star Destroyers, frigates, cruisers, Interdictors, Dreadnaughts, carries, and all the other warships necessary to have a good fleet. The Imperial Army included billions of troopers. TIE fighters suck, but they car be launched in overwhelming numbers. Ships from Star Trek suck (sorry); BSG ships are good but there aren't very many of them, and anyway the Cylons would be ripped apart by ion cannons and Connor nets; Halo might put up a fight but they would be overwhelmed, especially when you consider things like Interdictor cruisers. I don't know much about ME and 40K, but I'd guess it's more of the same. And remember, the Empire is only one faction in Star Wars. The timeline currently stretches about 20,000 years. That's a lot of governments, a lot of wars, and a lot of fleets.

I'm sorry to dissagree with you, but you should read this: http://www.stardestroyer.net/Empire/Essays/FiveMinutes.html.

@haycalon
It's been a while since I played Mass Effect, so I don't know where that franchise's technology is compared to Star Wars.
I don't know anything about the 40K universe, but I'm assuming it's set at least 38,000 years into the future...So there's probably a strong chance they can beat up the Imperials, except for the fact that the Star Wars Empire represents an entire united galaxy...far away, whereas the 40K galaxy (I'm assuming again), is fractured by several different warring races.

Also, for your point about the TIE Fighters, I'm assuming they're so simple because they are made to be mass produced on a galactic scale, and fielded en-mass, with tactics that require huge numbers of fighters piloted by disiplined (cloned?) soldiers. While they may be crumby 1v1, they probably shouldn't be underestimated in a battle.

Why is only one franchise at war with the big Imperial bully? What if, BSG were to align with Halo? Then the two would have a fighting chance; the Colonial Navy would have the backing of a massive star-spanning empire (if still a fraction the size of the Impirial Empire), and the UNSC would gain the technology of the FTL drive, cutting travelling time to zero and allowing them to jump from one star system to another. This would give the allied Colonial/UNSC fleet a huge strategic advantage against the Empire!
Back to top Go down
Haycalon
Haycalon

PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Sci-Fi Franchises - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 9:05 pm

Laserbilly wrote:
laserbilly wrote:
haycalon wrote:
Kobialka wrote:
haycalon wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
haycalon wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
haycalon wrote:

Spoiler:

@haycalon

Why is only one franchise at war with the big Imperial bully? What if, BSG were to align with Halo? Then the two would have a fighting chance; the Colonial Navy would have the backing of a massive star-spanning empire (if still a fraction the size of the Impirial Empire), and the UNSC would gain the technology of the FTL drive, cutting travelling time to zero and allowing them to jump from one star system to another. This would give the allied Colonial/UNSC fleet a huge strategic advantage against the Empire!

The issue that Halo and BSG have is that they rely purely on conventional weapons: A Halo Marathon-class Cruiser can only use it's main Mac cannon onece a minute. Battlestars completely rely on flack shields; A single thanix cannon shot would wipe out a Battlestar or a Marathon-class. And Thanix weapons are mounted on frigates.
Back to top Go down
Haycalon
Haycalon

PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Sci-Fi Franchises - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 9:06 pm

haycalon wrote:
Kobialka wrote:
haycalon wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
haycalon wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
haycalon wrote:

Spoiler:

The Quarian fleet alone consists of 50,000 vessels. And they don't even have the largest military force. The Turians, Geth, and Salarians have an incredible amount of Dreadnoughts. Tie fighters represent one of the main issues with the Empire: they have an over-reliance on numbers. Tie fighters, even outnumbering the Rebels, would quite often lose engagements. I've forgotten what is is called, but the Empire actually started on the development of a more powerful, shielded fighter. They acknowledge that their current approach wasn't working; the same thing applies to their capital ships. The Star Destroyers are numerous, but uniform. A well-balanced fleet could destroy them. Plus, many Empire ships are arrogantly designed, with an over-reliance on broadsides and shields. BTW, what Empire are you talking about? Interdictors are from the Sith Empire, while the Empire in the films use more uniform ships.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Sci-Fi Franchises - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 9:09 pm

haycalon wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
laserbilly wrote:
haycalon wrote:
Kobialka wrote:
haycalon wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
haycalon wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
haycalon wrote:

Spoiler:

@haycalon

The issue that Halo and BSG have is that they rely purely on conventional weapons: A Halo Marathon-class Cruiser can only use it's main Mac cannon onece a minute. Battlestars completely rely on flack shields; A single thanix cannon shot would wipe out a Battlestar or a Marathon-class. And Thanix weapons are mounted on frigates.
Whereas all large Star Wars ships carry turbolaser batteries, blaster cannons, tractor beams, concussion missiles, etc. Even a full MAC round might not penetrate an ImpStar's shields, given that they're made for much more powerful things. It would be a major advantage.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Sci-Fi Franchises - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 9:17 pm

haycalon wrote:
haycalon wrote:
Kobialka wrote:
haycalon wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
haycalon wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
haycalon wrote:

Spoiler:

The Quarian fleet alone consists of 50,000 vessels. And they don't even have the largest military force. The Turians, Geth, and Salarians have an incredible amount of Dreadnoughts. Tie fighters represent one of the main issues with the Empire: they have an over-reliance on numbers. Tie fighters, even outnumbering the Rebels, would quite often lose engagements. I've forgotten what is is called, but the Empire actually started on the development of a more powerful, shielded fighter. They acknowledge that their current approach wasn't working; the same thing applies to their capital ships. The Star Destroyers are numerous, but uniform. A well-balanced fleet could destroy them. Plus, many Empire ships are arrogantly designed, with an over-reliance on broadsides and shields. BTW, what Empire are you talking about? Interdictors are from the Sith Empire, while the Empire in the films use more uniform ships.
Apologies for the double post. This one came while I was typing.

There are many variants on the standard TIE/ln fighter, several of which have shields, more guns, etc. You're probably thinking of the TIE Advanced x1, which was Darth Vader's fighter. You may also mean TIE Defenders, which have shields, ion cannons, and missile launchers, and are considered more dangerous than an X-wing. And I mean the First Galactic Empire, the one in the Original Trilogy. Just because the only Imperial capital ships you see in the movies are Imperial I's, Imperial II's, and Executors, doesn't mean those are their only ships. The Empire fielded dozens of classes of Star Destroyers and Super Star Destroyers, as well as countless classes of smaller ships. Interdictor 418 cruisers, the ones that are usually meant by the term 'Interdictor', were used by the Empire. They look a lot like a standard Imperial-class, but with 4 large gravity well projectors.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Sci-Fi Franchises - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 9:22 pm

haycalon wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
laserbilly wrote:
haycalon wrote:
Kobialka wrote:
haycalon wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
haycalon wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
haycalon wrote:

Spoiler:

@haycalon

These are the sort of things that need to be discussed in this thread! But do you know what kind of kinetic energy a man-sized round of tungstan traveling at near light-speed puts out? I don't know, but I think that ought be enough to put a dent in someone's shields. But I did want to focus more on the hit-and-run tactics that having a BSG FTL drive opens up. Who do you think would be a better match for the Colonials?
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Sci-Fi Franchises - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 9:24 pm

Laserbilly wrote:
haycalon wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
laserbilly wrote:
haycalon wrote:
Kobialka wrote:
haycalon wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
haycalon wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
haycalon wrote:

Spoiler:

@haycalon

These are the sort of things that need to be discussed in this thread! But do you know what kind of kinetic energy a man-sized round of tungstan traveling at near light-speed puts out? I don't know, but I think that ought be enough to put a dent in someone's shields. But I did want to focus more on the hit-and-run tactics that having a BSG FTL drive opens up. Who do you think would be a better match for the Colonials?
[/b]That's what Inderdictors are for. They pull ships out of hyperspace.
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Sci-Fi Franchises - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 9:33 pm

Oi vey... Just so you know, WH40k is set in the 41st Millennium... the Imperium of Mankind has been at war pretty much continuously for 15 thousand years... they have millions of ships that are thousands of years old and still crushing the ever loving fuck out of the younger races and older races alike...

Additionally, Star Wars turbolasers have been guesstimated as having a directed-energy output in the petatons... and if you consider it that way, the Tsar Bomba looks like a pinprick next to that. And the Star Wars shields HOLD.

In BSG, all we ever see is one battered, beat-up, down-armored and down-gunned, about-to-be-mothballed Battlestar kicking the everloving HELL out of the Cylons... Imagine what the fleet could have done to the Cylons if Baltar hadn't defected, with their fully-armored, top-tier weaponed death machines. I shudder to think of it.

In Mass Effect, Humanity is still effectively locked to one planet as none of our others are really industrialized, and yet we still have the economic and military muscle to put the cane to the Turians, the biggest, baddest empire in the galaxy (next to the Asari) at the battle of Shanxi, shafting them so badly that they never try to invade us again... as a galactic race of supernewbs.
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Sci-Fi Franchises - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 9:45 pm

Laserbilly wrote:
haycalon wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
laserbilly wrote:
haycalon wrote:
Kobialka wrote:
haycalon wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
haycalon wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
haycalon wrote:

Spoiler:

@haycalon

BSG ships never enter hyperspace, they instantly pop from one location to another, you're silly "Inderdictors" have no effect!
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Sci-Fi Franchises - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 9:50 pm

Laserbilly wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
haycalon wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
laserbilly wrote:
haycalon wrote:
Kobialka wrote:
haycalon wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
haycalon wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
haycalon wrote:

Spoiler:

@haycalon

BSG ships never enter hyperspace, they instantly pop from one location to another, you're silly "Inderdictors" have no effect!
Can they jump while they're in a gravity well? Suspect
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Sci-Fi Franchises - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 9:51 pm

Shiva wrote:
Oi vey... Just so you know, WH40k is set in the 41st Millennium... the Imperium of Mankind has been at war pretty much continuously for 15 thousand years... they have millions of ships that are thousands of years old and still crushing the ever loving fuck out of the younger races and older races alike...

Additionally, Star Wars turbolasers have been guesstimated as having a directed-energy output in the petatons... and if you consider it that way, the Tsar Bomba looks like a pinprick next to that. And the Star Wars shields HOLD.

In BSG, all we ever see is one battered, beat-up, down-armored and down-gunned, about-to-be-mothballed Battlestar kicking the everloving HELL out of the Cylons... Imagine what the fleet could have done to the Cylons if Baltar hadn't defected, with their fully-armored, top-tier weaponed death machines. I shudder to think of it.

In Mass Effect, Humanity is still effectively locked to one planet as none of our others are really industrialized, and yet we still have the economic and military muscle to put the cane to the Turians, the biggest, baddest empire in the galaxy (next to the Asari) at the battle of Shanxi, shafting them so badly that they never try to invade us again... as a galactic race of supernewbs.

What's a Tsar Bomba?

Also, I've been meaning to raise the subject; I saw in the original thread for Futurecraft that you were a fan of Starship Troopers (the novel). I read the book a few years ago and enjoyed it too, though I did enjoy it's campy movie too. I was just wondering what other science fiction books you've read and enjoyed.(?)
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Sci-Fi Franchises - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 9:54 pm

Laserbilly wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
haycalon wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
laserbilly wrote:
haycalon wrote:
Kobialka wrote:
haycalon wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
haycalon wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
haycalon wrote:

Spoiler:

@haycalon

Can they jump while they're in a gravity well? Suspect
Of course they can! In episode: "Exodus, Part II", Galactica jumps into an earth-like panet's gravity, unloads its vipers, and then jumps away before crashing into the ground. Very exciting stuff!
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Sci-Fi Franchises - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 10:00 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
Keon wrote:
Yay for Yttrium! What do Yttrium shells do, fire space owls that then burn you with flames?

Well.... (Puts on glasses)
The properties of Yttrium are multitudinous, and while Yttrium powder is a powerful enough flammable weapon, it can be mixed with REDACTED to create REDACTED, which burns at REDACTED degrees. Y-90 is a radioactive isotope, used to cure cancer in your universe. Y-90 has nothing to do with this. Y-75, however, can be used to make Yttrium bombs, which have an explosive power of REDACTED, making them one of the most powerful weapons in my arsenal. And that is how we use Yttrium. On a side note, my chief of security told me he thought I was revealing too many Government secrets, so I turned on the censor for my translator!
Hmm... I think that if <CLASSIFIED> were to <CLASSIFIED>, then <CLASSIFIED> would be <CLASSIFIED>. That would allow <CLASSIFIED>, which would mean that the <CLASSIFIED> could <CLASSIFIED> more easily. If that were so, <CLASSIFIED><CLASSIFIED><CLASSIFIED>. Wouldn't that be <CLASSIFIED>?

Mhm...... Exactly.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Sci-Fi Franchises - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 12:39 am

Sorry jedi but a X wing blows up a death star, your argument is invalid Razz ,
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Sci-Fi Franchises - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 7:55 am

Iv121 wrote:
Sorry jedi but a X wing blows up a death star, your argument is invalid Razz ,
Sorry Iv, that X-wing blows up your battlestar. Your argument is invalid.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Sci-Fi Franchises - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 8:34 am

I don't build exhaust pipes as far as I can tell so your X-wing is quite useless . Hell you're still fighting with swords and spells , you should be in Skyrim O.o
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Sci-Fi Franchises - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 10:00 am

Laserbilly wrote:

What's a Tsar Bomba?
It was the largest nuclear weapon ever created. Originally it was to have a 100 megaton yield, but they reduced it to 50 to have a more manageable fallout.
When it went off its mushroom cloud was 8 times taller than Mount Everest and it broke window panes 900km away.
Back to top Go down
Cheatmaster
Recruit
Recruit
Cheatmaster

PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Sci-Fi Franchises - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 11:44 am

wrong place sry

Last edited by Cool3306 on Fri May 04, 2012 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Sci-Fi Franchises - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 11:56 am

Stop. With. The. Quote. Chain.

In Mass Effect,

Humans have multiple squadrons of Cruisers that are around the size of an Imperial I class Star Destroyer. I'm not informed as to the war assets in ME3, but they have at least 8 fleets of these, along with dreadnoughts approximately 1/3rds as big as an SSD. They only have 6-9 of these, however dreadnoughts in the ME universe fire slugs that due to sheer velocity have a destructive force 3x that of the Hiroshima nuke once every three seconds. Were we to draw up an engagement with all of humanity's forces, that's over the power of 360 nukes going off in the opposing fleet per minute, nevermind the cruisers and frigates, or GARDIAN defenses and kinetic barriers.

And this is ME's weakest spacefaring race. The Turians have 39 dreadnoughts with a correspondingly much larger fleet.

With the Empire fighting their own cancer within their state, the Mass Effect Combined Fleet would wipe the floor with them.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Sci-Fi Franchises - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 12:34 pm

Uh you read wrong the turians are considered the backbone of the council's security. With the asari tech and their combat knowledge they are the strongest military in the council.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Sci-Fi Franchises - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 12:37 pm

Iv121 wrote:
Uh you read wrong the turians are considered the backbone of the council's security. With the asari tech and their combat knowledge they are the strongest military in the council.

Uh...that's what I said?
Back to top Go down
Haycalon
Haycalon

PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises    Sci-Fi Franchises - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 11:43 pm

Legion wrote:
Stop. With. The. Quote. Chain.

In Mass Effect,

Humans have multiple squadrons of Cruisers that are around the size of an Imperial I class Star Destroyer. I'm not informed as to the war assets in ME3, but they have at least 8 fleets of these, along with dreadnoughts approximately 1/3rds as big as an SSD. They only have 6-9 of these, however dreadnoughts in the ME universe fire slugs that due to sheer velocity have a destructive force 3x that of the Hiroshima nuke once every three seconds. Were we to draw up an engagement with all of humanity's forces, that's over the power of 360 nukes going off in the opposing fleet per minute, nevermind the cruisers and frigates, or GARDIAN defenses and kinetic barriers.

And this is ME's weakest spacefaring race. The Turians have 39 dreadnoughts with a correspondingly much larger fleet.

With the Empire fighting their own cancer within their state, the Mass Effect Combined Fleet would wipe the floor with them.

Exactly. Nice to know there are other smart ME fans in this discussion. ME would beat BSG in a heartbeat, the Covenant would put up a fight but would eventually be taken down, and ME would be able to decimate the Imperial Navy because of the sheer variation and adaptability of every fleet of the Allies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi Franchises   Sci-Fi Franchises - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sci-Fi Franchises
Page 3 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: General Area :: Off-Topic Area-
Jump to: