Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Terran Trade Confederation

Go down 
+36
Instinct-XIV
Emperor_Revan
Captain stufuzzycat
_Shadowcat_
Acu2010
Drewmanr0435
The Schmetterling
Tiel+
Groot
Laserbilly
Commander Error
Admiral Rekiin
Soul of Jack
torrentialAberration
Caramell
bobtheshoeman
Julo
hyperlite
Eliuser12
Delta
Ivan2006
Joel
TinkerPox
Iv121
Avenger_7
evilninjakiwi
TacticalSheep5
Son of Wolves
Last_Jedi_Standing
superninjakiwi
ACH0225
Commander Kobialka
oFTWoHMANoFTWo
blockman42
Hierarch Fenway
Keon
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

Terran Trade Confederation - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 12:53 pm

Laserbilly wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:
I LOVE YOUR SIZING SYSTEM!!!!! FINALLY ONE THAT MAKES SENSE!!!!!

Also, nice ships. I was using Deuteros for a while, but I recently switched to another texture pack, carrying over the door styling, beds, and a couple of other less noticeable textures. I'm still looking for a good 128x iron texture though...not saying yours is bad, it just might not match my style.

Thanks for reading it. I thought some of the other ones were close, but just not quite what I needed. What texture pack are you using now then?

Also, I didn't want to necro something for no reason other than a status report, but, have you put any more time into your Grey Knights Dreadnaught? Because the source material for that looked awesome!

Presently I am using a very heavily modified Affinity pack. I haven't done much on my Grey Knights ship, sadly, as I have to redesign a lot of the front end and resize the whole thing. I do have a heavy cruiser almost ready to go though, it's about 1/3 the size that my final dreadnought will be.

Are you sticking with your diamond designs? And what was wrong with the bow? It looked perfect to me!

The bow needs to be made bigger, and I need to remake the plating on the outsides to be more reminiscent of the actual strike cruiser. I completely ditched the diamond design, my new one is just something I decided to start on and it developed quite organically on its own.

Also, I still love all your ship designs. And how they all look like they're from the same shipyard, with just enough differences to not look like clones.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 10:34 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:

Also, nice ships. I was using Deuteros for a while, but I recently switched to another texture pack, carrying over the door styling, beds, and a couple of other less noticeable textures. I'm still looking for a good 128x iron texture though...not saying yours is bad, it just might not match my style.

Thanks for reading it. I thought some of the other ones were close, but just not quite what I needed. What texture pack are you using now then?

Also, I didn't want to necro something for no reason other than a status report, but, have you put any more time into your Grey Knights Dreadnaught? Because the source material for that looked awesome!

Presently I am using a very heavily modified Affinity pack. I haven't done much on my Grey Knights ship, sadly, as I have to redesign a lot of the front end and resize the whole thing. I do have a heavy cruiser almost ready to go though, it's about 1/3 the size that my final dreadnought will be.

Are you sticking with your diamond designs? And what was wrong with the bow? It looked perfect to me!

The bow needs to be made bigger, and I need to remake the plating on the outsides to be more reminiscent of the actual strike cruiser. I completely ditched the diamond design, my new one is just something I decided to start on and it developed quite organically on its own.

Also, I still love all your ship designs. And how they all look like they're from the same shipyard, with just enough differences to not look like clones.

Well, I thought the bow you presented on your page looked both good and recognizably close to the original photos. I hope you don't spend too much time on one big ship trying to make it perfect. I was working on a big ship for about a month, and I got so bogged down with trying to fill it up and make it perfect for everyone else to see that it stopped being fun and became a big chore. So last week I decided to stop trying to make the insides perfect, and instead finish the exterior and make a few key interior rooms. But that's it.
Also, thanks for noticing my central design. I try to make all my ships in three sections: a bow "gun-cone", a midship "command spire", and an aft "thruster pod." That way, I can lengthen or shorten the dimensions of any of those segments and create vastly different looking ships, while at the same time, all of those same ships stick to a recognizable formula.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 1:36 am

Laserbilly wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:

Well, I thought the bow you presented on your page looked both good and recognizably close to the original photos. I hope you don't spend too much time on one big ship trying to make it perfect. I was working on a big ship for about a month, and I got so bogged down with trying to fill it up and make it perfect for everyone else to see that it stopped being fun and became a big chore. So last week I decided to stop trying to make the insides perfect, and instead finish the exterior and make a few key interior rooms. But that's it.
Also, thanks for noticing my central design. I try to make all my ships in three sections: a bow "gun-cone", a midship "command spire", and an aft "thruster pod." That way, I can lengthen or shorten the dimensions of any of those segments and create vastly different looking ships, while at the same time, all of those same ships stick to a recognizable formula.

Well, I've been chipping away at the big one for a while now. I almost have the bow finalized. The problem for me is getting to work on the aft section. Also, the ship now seems like it will end up somewhere around 2km in length (double what I had originally planned). The 4 bow guns will be about 300m long each, and about 10m in diameter along the barrel. I am also adding two ventral cannons running along 90% of the length of the ship, each 10mx15m. There will be 8 batteries along each side of the neck, probably around 50 blocks in diameter, or 32 guns 20 blocks in diameter. This thing, if I ever finish it, would be able to take on Mack's Banhammer, and maybe even give Pat's Black Sun some trouble, even if it is only 1/5th of its size.

My ships are taking a completely different route than yours in the design department, each of them starts with a single concept and then 'grows' out of it. My heavy cruiser started as a pair of giant TIE Interceptor wings, and now...well, the rear end got cut off, even on far render, but here's the general body.

Spoiler:

Also, this is an unmodified texture pack, not my custom one.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 1:45 am

Avenger_7 wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:

Well, I've been chipping away at the big one for a while now. I almost have the bow finalized. The problem for me is getting to work on the aft section. Also, the ship now seems like it will end up somewhere around 2km in length (double what I had originally planned). The 4 bow guns will be about 300m long each, and about 10m in diameter along the barrel. I am also adding two ventral cannons running along 90% of the length of the ship, each 10mx15m. There will be 8 batteries along each side of the neck, probably around 50 blocks in diameter, or 32 guns 20 blocks in diameter. This thing, if I ever finish it, would be able to take on Mack's Banhammer, and maybe even give Pat's Black Sun some trouble, even if it is only 1/5th of its size.

My ships are taking a completely different route than yours in the design department, each of them starts with a single concept and then 'grows' out of it. My heavy cruiser started as a pair of giant TIE Interceptor wings, and now...well, the rear end got cut off, even on far render, but here's the general body.

Spoiler:

Also, this is an unmodified texture pack, not my custom one.

OoOoOh! An empire state tie fighter! Very sleek, very sexy. I can already tell that I love your bridge. And missiles?!
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 3:38 am

LOL TIE battlecruser Razz . Why didn't Lucas think about that Smile .
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 3:48 am

Avenger, that is the fpiety most awesome ship on the forums. You should be proud.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 12:13 pm

Thanks for all the praise, it took me a full weekend just to get the 'wings' right Smile

The bridge was actually inspired by the batmobile.

Tomorrow I'll make a new shipyard post with a full tour of what's done so far, I only have to shore up the interior a bit. I also might modify the main gun to integrate it with my hull door system (like submarines use).

I really wasn't expecting that many compliments!
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 10:22 pm

Hello fellow forumites, I have another ship that I'm close to revealing, but I'm tired and going to bed. However, before I do, I'm posting this teaser with more to come tomorrow night. Enjoy?

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 11:15 pm

Laserbilly wrote:
Hello fellow forumites, I have another ship that I'm close to revealing, but I'm tired and going to bed. However, before I do, I'm posting this teaser with more to come tomorrow night. Enjoy?

Spoiler:

OOHHH! looks interesting...
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 8:31 pm

Reckoning Class Fleet Carrier added. This ship is too big to upload all in one sitting, I'll give more detail later.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 2:05 am

What I like about your ships is that you don't care about the minor details: you just build it. Your ships look a lot more realistic than mine, and are probably better off for it.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 4:49 am

yea your ships are damn realistic ... for sci-fi stuff at least.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 9:14 am

Mackeroth? wrote:
What I like about your ships is that you don't care about the minor details: you just build it. Your ships look a lot more realistic than mine, and are probably better off for it.

Come on now, my ships have all kinds of details!

Spoiler:

Just look at those engines and gun-ports! Both are ribbed for your pleasure!

Seriously though, I just like make my ships with function in mind first. So far, they're all warships, therefore, they all need armor. I haven't painted over any of my ships because I want to show that they're armored. I might go back later and dress them up with a little wool to make them pretty, but for right now, I just showing the basic class models. Also, in terms of Terran Trade Confederacy lore, I imagine that captains will paint their ships as they please (out of their own pockets) when they take command of their ships (like in the "Dread Empire Falls" book series).
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 10:21 am

Your ships are actually quite similar though - most divided into 3 parts: Big engines mount a round hull part which than mounts a more conic round part giving it an overall look of a bomb . It's not nessiserly bad though - my ships are also quite similar : One round hull that is made as whole , a big flat engine on the back which looks like the round hull was cut from behind (Yes it is). On top of that hull there are aditional constructions that seem to be supperate from the main hull. Sometimes lacks symmetry.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 2:38 pm

Iv is all about form, laserbilly focuses on function. I prefer combining the two. For instance, the 'wings' on my cruiser actually provide a huge amount of armor for the reactor/shields/engines/core and help protect the hangar. The sleek curvature of the bow does the same thing for the foreward weapons.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 3:11 pm

Those wings are a weakness: I send there a bomber squadron that will use those wings as cover and strike at your unprotected engines and core. They would be much more functional closer to the hull. Your ships are built for the looks Razz .

Besides I have some functionality. All ships are designed depending on their role in the fleet.
Back to top Go down
TinkerPox
TinkerPox

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 3:22 pm

What is your beautiful texture pack?
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 4:48 pm

@ Iv121

We all have our own way of designing our ships. You have your circular design and I have my triple segment formula. We each can probably see the merits of the other design but prefer our own because we developed it ourselves. You have a well established, and good looking navy which I admire. But I'm not going to copy your designs because I like mine and I want my own self sufficient navy. We each have ship with the same functions, but different methods of delivery. It's good to see that kind of diversity, and when FC comes out it will fun to see how everyone else designs their fleets.

@ tacokingbob

I use the Deuteros texture pack, but I've changed many of the paintings and a few of the block textures.

Also, new bridge pictures are up. More on the way!
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 5:13 pm

That thing is huge! At least being that big, it won't be able to catch Dominus Astra when she's going flat out.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 5:38 pm

New flight operations posted!

stufuzzycat wrote:
That thing is huge! At least being that big, it won't be able to catch Dominus Astra when she's going flat out.

Hah! She doesn't need to, that's what her fighters are for! Very Happy But, why would you be running in the first place? The Confederation is a peaceful government....
Back to top Go down
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 5:46 pm

Laserbilly wrote:

stufuzzycat wrote:

Hah! She doesn't need to, that's what her fighters are for! Very Happy But, why would you be running in the first place? The Confederation is a peaceful government....

Uh huh. Suuuuuuuuuuuuuure. Whats that warship behind you for then???
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 5:55 pm

Keon wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:

stufuzzycat wrote:

Uh huh. Suuuuuuuuuuuuuure. Whats that warship behind you for then???

Uh, what? Oh that warship...It's for, uh...you know...peacekeeping...stuff... Wink
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 6:02 pm

I didn't want you to copy my ships BTW I just said there is a specific falvour to all of your ships ...
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 6:12 pm

Yeah just after I said that I realized it would be the fighters... but if they work off of radar, would I be able to use a spare parts dispenser to distract them?
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 1:56 am

wow after seeing the full extent of your carrier, I have a new found respect for you...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Terran Trade Confederation
Page 4 of 25Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 ... 25  Next