Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Terran Trade Confederation

Go down 
+36
Instinct-XIV
Emperor_Revan
Captain stufuzzycat
_Shadowcat_
Acu2010
Drewmanr0435
The Schmetterling
Tiel+
Groot
Laserbilly
Commander Error
Admiral Rekiin
Soul of Jack
torrentialAberration
Caramell
bobtheshoeman
Julo
hyperlite
Eliuser12
Delta
Ivan2006
Joel
TinkerPox
Iv121
Avenger_7
evilninjakiwi
TacticalSheep5
Son of Wolves
Last_Jedi_Standing
superninjakiwi
ACH0225
Commander Kobialka
oFTWoHMANoFTWo
blockman42
Hierarch Fenway
Keon
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

Terran Trade Confederation - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 3:17 am

Iv121 wrote:
Those wings are a weakness: I send there a bomber squadron that will use those wings as cover and strike at your unprotected engines and core. They would be much more functional closer to the hull. Your ships are built for the looks Razz .

That's what the fighters are for, my friend. And I have quite a few of them hiding in that ship. Although I will admit it's geared more towards taking on pure warships, a carrier will not last long against the constantly increasing firepower that's installed in that thing. I installed 6 more light cannons today, and I have 2 heavy ones primed to go in later this week. The best part is, none of them impact the aesthetic of the ship. At least, not until the breakaway panels....well....break away.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 4:55 am

Yea yea yea cmon admit the wings are for aesthetics and that's it , there is nothing bad in that Razz .
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 1:24 pm

Iv121 wrote:
Yea yea yea cmon admit the wings are for aesthetics and that's it , there is nothing bad in that Razz .

Well, I was originally planning to use them to hide fighters in, but then I realized that probably wouldn't work, so I made them bigger to protect against broadsides. Everything has some functionality to it; if I had wanted I could have added some abnormally shaped engine pods instead and had the ship look just as good Smile
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 3:34 pm

Iv121 wrote:
I didn't want you to copy my ships BTW I just said there is a specific falvour to all of your ships ...

I didn't really think that's what you were implying, I was just commenting on how cool it was that everyone seems to have a different design for ships with similar functions. Also, did you ever get that PM I sent you a week or two back?

@blockman42

Thanks I put a good amount of time into my carrier and I'm happy that you and everyone else who has commented like it.
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 4:38 pm

The reckoning class fleet carrier's shape from the top, and how fighters are released, reminds me of the Galactica from Battlestar Galactica. Did you get any inspiration from that?
Back to top Go down
http://www.thecraftersmakevideos.webs.com
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 8:52 pm

Kobialka wrote:
The reckoning class fleet carrier's shape from the top, and how fighters are released, reminds me of the Galactica from Battlestar Galactica. Did you get any inspiration from that?

I imagine if he did it would be using hangar pods...
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 8:59 am

Update the Ship Sizes chart with info on your carrier. What kind of ship will you build next?
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 11:08 am

Laserbilly wrote:
Iv121 wrote:
I didn't want you to copy my ships BTW I just said there is a specific falvour to all of your ships ...

I didn't really think that's what you were implying, I was just commenting on how cool it was that everyone seems to have a different design for ships with similar functions. Also, did you ever get that PM I sent you a week or two back?

Do I have PMs ??? I answered you Smile .
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 12:34 pm

Kobialka wrote:

I'm pretty sure I had drawn the original sketch for the carrier before I ever heard of BSG so I think the overall shape is mine. However, I definitely was influenced on the details like the fighter catapults and the ribbed turrets on the bow section. My original sketch just had an open vertical rectangle where the catapults are at and the hull had no ribbing with turrets on the top and bottom instead.

@stufuzzycat

Just hold your horses, I plan to update that in the next batch of uploads; which will probably come sometime tomorrow afternoon.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 12:45 am

Laserbilly wrote:
Mackeroth? wrote:
What I like about your ships is that you don't care about the minor details: you just build it. Your ships look a lot more realistic than mine, and are probably better off for it.

Come on now, my ships have all kinds of details!

Spoiler:

Just look at those engines and gun-ports! Both are ribbed for your pleasure!

Seriously though, I just like make my ships with function in mind first. So far, they're all warships, therefore, they all need armor. I haven't painted over any of my ships because I want to show that they're armored. I might go back later and dress them up with a little wool to make them pretty, but for right now, I just showing the basic class models. Also, in terms of Terran Trade Confederacy lore, I imagine that captains will paint their ships as they please (out of their own pockets) when they take command of their ships (like in the real life 18th century).
Back to top Go down
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 1:12 am

WARNING!: Opening this file may charge you a 'small' fee!
Spoiler:

WARNING!: You are charged everytime said file is opened!
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 5:48 am

You are unworthy to bear the title of Jack O'Neil.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 1:39 pm

Col. Jack O'Neil wrote:
WARNING!: Opening this file may charge you a 'small' fee!
Spoiler:

WARNING!: You are charged everytime said file is opened!

I'm not sure, but I think I've just been charged for accepting a complement....Which I'm pretty sure is an oxymoron.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 3:15 pm

I think You make a very good job designing big ships.
Hopefully I will ever be able to build such stuff....
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 4:41 pm

[size=17]New Fighter Organization (5th spoiler under Reckoning) and New Ship Comparison Chart![size]

Spoiler:

Ivan2006 wrote:

Thank you, I appreciate you saying that.

Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 5:11 pm

S*** that things huge! I didn't quite realize it from the pics.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 6:56 pm

Laserbilly wrote:
[size=17]New Fighter Organization (5th spoiler under Reckoning) and New Ship Comparison Chart![size]

Spoiler:

Ivan2006 wrote:

You must find a way to remove the fog from the picture...
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 8:23 pm

Mackeroth? wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:

Spoiler:

Ivan2006 wrote:

I know! It's such a pain to deal with! The best part is that I had to darken the original image using a photo editor before putting it in the graph! Also, I had to find a mod that extended my vision far enough to actually see the whole ship (the normal far setting only let me see about 80% of the ship).
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 12:13 am

Laserbilly wrote:
Mackeroth? wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:

Spoiler:

Ivan2006 wrote:

I know! It's such a pain to deal with! The best part is that I had to darken the original image using a photo editor before putting it in the graph! Also, I had to find a mod that extended my vision far enough to actually see the whole ship (the normal far setting only let me see about 80% of the ship).

so I'm guessing it's about 300 blocks long...one thing to try is backing up a bit since the FOV is conical, and resizing the pic using photoshop.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 8:29 am

Avenger_7 wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
Mackeroth? wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:

Spoiler:

Ivan2006 wrote:

so I'm guessing it's about 300 blocks long...one thing to try is backing up a bit since the FOV is conical, and resizing the pic using photoshop.

What, the carrier? No, it's 503 meters long (1 block = 1 meter). I used a mod called MC Enhanced View Mod which doubles the distance that you can see, however, it didn't remove the fog, so I'm stuck with the picture you see above.
Back to top Go down
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 12:30 pm

laserbilly wrote:

What, the carrier? No, it's 503 meters long (1 block = 1 meter). I used a mod called MC Enhanced View Mod which doubles the distance that you can see, however, it didn't remove the fog, so I'm stuck with the picture you see above.

try optifine there is a slider to increase view distance that goes beyond far and an option to remove fog
Back to top Go down
http://arsln100.forumotion.com
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 1:21 pm

Aqueous wrote:
laserbilly wrote:

try optifine there is a slider to increase view distance that goes beyond far and an option to remove fog

Thanks a lot! That might be just what I need!
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 11:59 pm

Well, I'm not exactly overjoyed with how this one turned out, but it's as close as I could bring it to my sketches...So here's the Terran Trade Confederation's stock missile ship.

Spoiler:

I'll post more info/pics sometime soon (maybe sometime tomorrow, but more likely Thursday night). Enjoy?
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 12:41 am

I think it would look a little bit nicer of the whole ship was a bit flatter...
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 2:56 am

Hey that's his style , though I think if your bottom is identical to the top there is no need to show it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Terran Trade Confederation
Page 5 of 25Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 25  Next