Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Terran Trade Confederation

Go down 
+36
Instinct-XIV
Emperor_Revan
Captain stufuzzycat
_Shadowcat_
Acu2010
Drewmanr0435
The Schmetterling
Tiel+
Groot
Laserbilly
Commander Error
Admiral Rekiin
Soul of Jack
torrentialAberration
Caramell
bobtheshoeman
Julo
hyperlite
Eliuser12
Delta
Ivan2006
Joel
TinkerPox
Iv121
Avenger_7
evilninjakiwi
TacticalSheep5
Son of Wolves
Last_Jedi_Standing
superninjakiwi
ACH0225
Commander Kobialka
oFTWoHMANoFTWo
blockman42
Hierarch Fenway
Keon
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

Terran Trade Confederation - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 8:50 pm

Yes, it would just magically pop out of the air then, yes? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 8:58 pm

MISLEADING BIRD wrote:
Yes, it would just magically pop out of the air then, yes? Rolling Eyes

No, it would magically pop out of μtorrent.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 8:59 pm

Whoa! Where did that come from?! So I take it you all want the 16x16 texture pack that I've been using for the past two months? I guess I could upload it if that's what you guys want, the only problem is that it's not polished at all. I've just been using it because I wrongfully upgraded my operating system and can't run MC at its highest settings anymore...
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 9:05 pm

Laserbilly wrote:
Whoa! Where did that come from?! So I take it you all want the 16x16 texture pack that I've been using for the past two months? I guess I could upload it if that's what you guys want, the only problem is that it's not polished at all. I've just been using it because I wrongfully upgraded my operating system and can't run MC at its highest settings anymore...
Heh, like I said people can easily change the resolution themselves.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 12:29 am

Avenger_7 wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:

You think changing a texture res is just making the image bigger or smaller ? Try it both ways and you will find out neither of the images will look usable, both will be ruined. If you plan to change a res on a texture you will have to re-make it manually.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 12:57 am

Iv121 wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:

You think changing a texture res is just making the image bigger or smaller ? Try it both ways and you will find out neither of the images will look usable, both will be ruined. If you plan to change a res on a texture you will have to re-make it manually.

I think so,too.
You could smaller the file in paint by just decreasing the size of everything, but you won´t get enough accuracy to actually get a clear 16x16.
Avenger, if you happen to know a way to change the res, without using any other program than paint (I don´t have any other and I don´t fell like buying any just for that purpose) tell me and I will do so.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 1:50 am

I think you need to start using some more detailing. The ribbing looks good, but there's nothing else to go with it, it just looks weird. I suggest an equatorial trench: 5-10 blocks thick and 3 blocks in, which you can fill with detail. Perhaps also add some cross-ribbing.

I know you don't really need the advice, but I insist you take it all the same. The form looks good though, it will be another awesome TTC ship.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 2:01 am

I downloaded a new program and it's caused some registry issues. I'm getting Error - 130 messages in a few of my programs and (this is why I'm telling you) it isn't allowing me to upload/connect to Dropbox. Thus, I can't upload and share my 16x16 modified Dueteros Texture pack.

I've sunk 4 hours into this problem and I'm out of good ideas. I'm going to sleep and see if I can fix it sometime tomorrow.

@Mac

Dude, I'm only 2 or 3 hours into the project, I was just sharing the nose-cone with everyone to raise a little interest in shipbuilding again. Don't worry, I'll get to detailing the exterior in due time.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 2:11 am

Oh, and here's a new photo to show the scale of the upcoming ship.

Terran Trade Confederation - Page 12 2012-014
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 2:18 am

Laserbilly wrote:
I downloaded a new program and it's caused some registry issues. I'm getting Error - 130 messages in a few of my programs and (this is why I'm telling you) it isn't allowing me to upload/connect to Dropbox. Thus, I can't upload and share my 16x16 modified Dueteros Texture pack.

I've sunk 4 hours into this problem and I'm out of good ideas. I'm going to sleep and see if I can fix it sometime tomorrow.

Try using Mediafire.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 4:07 am

Laserbilly wrote:

@Mac

Dude, I'm only 2 or 3 hours into the project, I was just sharing the nose-cone with everyone to raise a little interest in shipbuilding again. Don't worry, I'll get to detailing the exterior in due time.

Exactly why I said you didn't need the advice.

Anyway, that thing is massive. You must make it be able to carry the Reckoning as conjoined twin ship type thing (hard to explain, but something that a lot of Lego sets do). I really like your nose cones, they mean that your ships stay all in one picture unlike mine which grow to ridiculous lengths due to the number of spikes.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 3:04 pm

Jack Root wrote:
Captain stufuzzycat wrote:
Aawwwwww yeah!

That's one of my biggest pet peeves about the RP section, where everybody is throwing around a bunch of dreadnoughts, but nobody actually has made any.
I'm going to get Catmeth or someone to make one for me because I suck at making ships or "buy" one from somebody.

I had a plan for a dreadnought somewhere...
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 9:49 am

I haven't had too much time this past week, but here's an update!

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Admiral Rekiin
Admiral Rekiin

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 10:26 am

Holy hell...what is this witchcraft? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 11:09 am

Wot?!?!?!??!?

That is insanely large, can't wait for it to be finished.
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 12:45 pm

to-scale Battlestar, much?
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 1:15 pm

Fleet Commander Error wrote:
to-scale Battlestar, much?

Well, the original Battlestar Galactica's length is 1265 meters long, the reimagined Galactica's length is 1414, and the Pegasus' length is 1790 meters.

I think that this ship, when finished, will end up at around 900-1000 meters long.

So it will be 2/3rds to 1/2 the length of a battlestar!

P.S.
I've looked at a good schematic of the Pegasus, and it turns out that it can be built, to-scale, within the current height limitations! (I think)
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 2:02 pm

Awesome. My measurements put it at about 1932m, but w.e.

And a full-size Battlestar is a force to be reckoned with, in any universe.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 2:25 pm

Not the 40k universe.

Edit: Pegasus is 265m tall. That's 9 blocks above the height limit. I can't decide whether to laugh or cry.

Last edited by Avenger_7 on Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 2:42 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:

Not the 40k universe.

Have you ever seen what nukes will do to a spaceship?
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 2:48 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:

Not the 40k universe.

Next to nothing. 90% of the energy dissipates. That's why 40k's torpedoes are designed to embed themselves in the hull before detonating.

Also, it doesn't really matter - one lance hit, and goodbye Peggy.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 2:54 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:

Not the 40k universe.

Next to nothing. 90% of the energy dissipates. That's why 40k's torpedoes are designed to embed themselves in the hull before detonating.

*sigh*

Nukes in space do a lot.

They knock out your comm. And your life support.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 2:59 pm

Keon wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:

Not the 40k universe.

*sigh*

Nukes in space do a lot.

They knock out your comm. And your life support.

If you've seen the power of the weaponry in BSG and have compared it to the ships in 40k...you'd be lucky to kill a destroyer. 40k ships also use psychic comms, and Void Shields protect them from EM bursts anyways.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 5:43 pm

Foolish debate.

40k ships, and really, anything 40k, are expressively designed to be as ridiculously OP as possible. Nothing short of another 40k faction can beat them, ergo, argument = futile.

Now back to your regularly scheduled dreadnought thread.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 2:46 am

Tiel wrote:
Foolish debate.

40k ships, and really, anything 40k, are expressively designed to be as ridiculously OP as possible. Nothing short of another 40k faction can beat them, ergo, argument = futile.

Now back to your regularly scheduled dreadnought thread.

I agree....and I love it Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Terran Trade Confederation   Terran Trade Confederation - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Terran Trade Confederation
Page 12 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 25  Next