Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

New game...?

Go down 
+8
Formedoubly
Keon
Last_Jedi_Standing
Pat Best
The Schmetterling
r2fart2
Iv121
Laibach
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

New game...? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New game...?   New game...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 9:27 pm

Pat (the) Best wrote:
Formedoubly wrote:
I like making people commit suicide and running while shooting my pistol the most.

I can do that in other games without having to suffer the excessive beeps.

wait, what games?

Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: New game...?   New game...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 9:32 pm

CoalMiningAlchemist wrote:
Pat (the) Best wrote:
Formedoubly wrote:
I like making people commit suicide and running while shooting my pistol the most.

I can do that in other games without having to suffer the excessive beeps.

wait, what games?

Making people commit suicide?

Well the one I remember the most is Rage, where you can walk them to their buddies and have them explode.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: New game...?   New game...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 10:16 pm

Some good games I've bought(Had owls steal) from Gamestop...

(360)
Halo Wars
Mass Effect 2 has gone down in price
Tropico 3 or 4
LOTR Conquest(Battlefront 2 reskined, essentially[No, I mean it almost literally])
(Computer)
Tropico 3 or 4
Spore
Minceraft
AoM
LOTR Battle for Middle Earth I and II
Medieval II Total War
AoE The Conquerors Expansion
Empire Earth II
Astro Empires
Oblivion
Oblivion Knights of the Nine expansion set
Skyrim
(If you have a Gamecube)
Pikmin
Pikmin 2
Mario Kart Double Dash
(Wii)
Nobody likes the Wii, because its complete garbage.
(PS3/PS2)
Jak and Daxter
Ratchet and Clank

Those are most of my games...
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: New game...?   New game...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 10:22 pm

lol, my friend is always saying how the wii u is so much better than the old wii, and everything else in existence

BBECAUSE THERE ARE HAXORX TOUCHSCREENS IN TEH HAXORX CONTROLERS THAT DON'T DO A DAMNED THING@@@!11!11!!1!111!

thanks, though, I have some of those already
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: New game...?   New game...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 10:25 pm

The Wii is excellent entertainment, not for the one playing it, but for the next door neighbors watching you swing your arms around wildly in your living room like you're covered in radioactive rubber pants or something.
Back to top Go down
Formedoubly
Recruit
Recruit
Formedoubly

PostSubject: Re: New game...?   New game...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 10:27 pm

Watching people play kinect is more fun.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: New game...?   New game...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 10:53 am

What are your new gaming PC's specs?

BFBC2 is around 15 bucks on Steam, but not all computers can run it.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: New game...?   New game...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 4:07 pm

Pat (the) Best wrote:
I watched my brother play syndicate.

I got annoyed at all the massive amounts beeping blooping pretend technology sounds within five minutes.
I don't want to try that game anymore.

I am so sorry to hear that Pat. But you should know that the original title of Futurecraft was going to be Bleep-Bloop: the Bleepstravaganza.

Because of all the bloops.
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: New game...?   New game...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 4:15 pm

Tiel wrote:
What are your new gaming PC's specs?

BFBC2 is around 15 bucks on Steam, but not all computers can run it.

congratulations on Lt. General!

it has an amd phenom II x4,
8 gigs of ram (potential for 32 Very Happy),
and, eventually, it will have a
Sapphire Radeon HD 6870

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102948
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: New game...?   New game...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 4:49 pm

You might consider a 6770. It'd be cheaper and I think the AMD X4 would bottleneck anything better pirat

Have you tried Oblivion? It's 20 bucks @ Wally's market, not sure what it is at Gamestop. Also, iirc GS bought Impulse, so you could redeem your card online and spend it on Impulse's larger library of games, but you'd have to wait an hour or so for them to download.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: New game...?   New game...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 5:01 pm

I always buy NVIDIA. Even though they are a bit more expensive, they've got much better driver support and generally run games better.
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: New game...?   New game...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 5:10 pm

Really? that might change my opinion then, even though I'm not buying the card fro another 8-10 weeks...

I've usually tried to find whatever is cheapest, or on sale, or with free shipping
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: New game...?   New game...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 5:20 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
I always buy NVIDIA. Even though they are a bit more expensive, they've got much better driver support and generally run games better.

Better driver support, perhaps. A Radeon 6850 costs as little as 150$ compared to a 460 at 200$, and both run at approximately the same framerates. It's only certain games that nVidia has the advantage, but any company that pays developers to optimize their products for their hardware is a crap company in my book.

CoalMiningAlchemist wrote:
I've usually tried to find whatever is cheapest, or on sale, or with free shipping

As noted above, AMD is always cheaper and there's no significant decrease in performance in comparison to their nVidia counterparts. A 6770 performs better than a 550 ti for 20 bucks less in most cases. :/
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: New game...?   New game...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 5:38 pm

Alright, but, short of 1000$, what's the best I could buy?

just out of curiosity, I'll probably get the one you said, or I'll let my computer sit as a server for a few months XD
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: New game...?   New game...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 5:47 pm

Tiel wrote:
It's only certain games that nVidia has the advantage, but any company that pays developers to optimize their products for their hardware is a crap company in my book.

I don't think that's a fair point to make. The nvidia hardware is capable of a lot of things that don't make the standards because they wouldn't be compatable with ATI cards. You can use extensions to perform tessellation on geforce 8 series gpus, but the radeons can't so developers don't use it. Nvidia cards have native support for things like half-precision floats, and hardware shadow interpolation, but you have to make two different versions of your shaders because ATI can't do any of that. That's just a few examples but there are tons of things like that.

Nvidia goes to extra lengths to get developers to support their hardware extensions because otherwise the developers would settle for the lowest common denominator. It's not a matter of sabotaging the competition so much as it is allowing a superior product to utilize its full potential.

Last edited by fr0stbyte124 on Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: New game...?   New game...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 5:50 pm

I'm going to go with frost byte on this one, but I still don't have enough money to afford a good nvidia XD
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: New game...?   New game...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 5:55 pm

Well then go with ATI, but try to feel bad about it. Razz
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: New game...?   New game...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 5:58 pm

hehehe, taken care of, I'm not exactly sure what justifies this computer

Regardless its going to be awesome
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: New game...?   New game...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 6:05 am

You know, the only reason all you people have gotten ahead of me post-count wise is because you post so regularly in the Off-Topic Area. I wonder if it possible to make Off-Topic Area posts not count towards total post count, as it does in the Minecraft Forum.
Back to top Go down
Formedoubly
Recruit
Recruit
Formedoubly

PostSubject: Re: New game...?   New game...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 8:24 am

Just to let you know on one of my computers I have a nvidia it works well on everything execpt Minecraft...
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: New game...?   New game...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 10:48 am

Dr. Mackeroth wrote:
You know, the only reason all you people have gotten ahead of me post-count wise is because you post so regularly in the Off-Topic Area. I wonder if it possible to make Off-Topic Area posts not count towards total post count, as it does in the Minecraft Forum.

I agree with this. As for whether it is possible; certainly, but I don't know about for Fourmotion. Here, I'll start a fourm and see if I can.

No, I don't think so.

The only way would be to have two forums.
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: New game...?   New game...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 12:15 pm

yes, but I try to respond to every single topic when it is unread, most of them just happen to be in the off topic section

My post count was still pretty high before there was an off topic section (I think)
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: New game...?   New game...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 1:51 pm

damn, an nvidia card is 50$ off, but I don't have enough money anyway... D:
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: New game...?   New game...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 1:53 pm

Which one? If you do go that route don't get anything lower than a 450 so you can get the features fr0st mentioned.
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: New game...?   New game...? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 2:01 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New game...?   New game...? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New game...?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next