Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Futurecraft background story ?

Go down 
+9
hyperlite
Groot
The Schmetterling
Hierarch Fenway
Soul of Jack
Tiel+
Cool3303
Laibach
Iv121
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

Futurecraft background story ? Empty
PostSubject: Futurecraft background story ?   Futurecraft background story ? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 2:38 pm

Is there any background story or lore for futurecraft ? Any game you prefer to base it on ? I just cant find proper ideas for new ships without knowing where I'm throwing them ...
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft background story ?   Futurecraft background story ? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 2:47 pm

I think the plan is to sort of RP a story in, because of the possibilty to make your own "galaxy"
Back to top Go down
Cool3303
Recruit
Recruit
Cool3303

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft background story ?   Futurecraft background story ? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 2:50 pm

I beliefe he wanted To ask which Game inspired the Devs
Or which building style They had in mind.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft background story ?   Futurecraft background story ? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 2:54 pm

I will still feel better with one common lore between the universes. The rest can build on it their lore or literally ignore it and just throw ships into combat O.o
Back to top Go down
Cool3303
Recruit
Recruit
Cool3303

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft background story ?   Futurecraft background story ? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 2:56 pm

Exactly (I understood no word (well except Combat))
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft background story ?   Futurecraft background story ? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 3:08 pm

well, mackeroth based most of his ideas off of the stargate tech, but that's it
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft background story ?   Futurecraft background story ? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 10:46 am

No background ? FIXED ! If you like it - accept it, if you don't , well ... enjoy the story Smile .

“We were once a glorious civilization. We were always proud of ourselves, our technology, our society. Long we were travelling in our space and expanding our world. We went deeper and faster to the reaches of the void and we saw the days when we reach the bounds of our system and we will have nowhere else to go. Soon, we discovered the hyperspace. We went deeper and faster. We saw other advanced life. We conquered system after system leaving a trail of ruins behind. With hyperspace our empire will have no limits. "

In 2175 the humans finally found a way to unite after 10 years of civil war and in 2236 they were already travelling in space, a short period in galactic measures. Though humans were sending manned and unmanned ships to the farther reaches there wasn't so much travelling before now. The inventing of the deuterium fusion engine has allowed mass travel at small price with no need of rockets for the leaving orbit. The companies which understood the high potential of Sol's planets started building colonies on mars and Europa. Space stations were created on the planets' orbits which allowed cheaper transfer of materials and people from the palnets' surface to the space. Now instead of wasting tones of fuel on taking off and landing, terran transports could pick the stuff from the orbital stations while special cargo shuttles could transport the cargo from the surface itself. Besides saving fuel, the companies could also save some money on different components such as thermal plating which was not suited for long space travels and tended to wear off quite often. In other words - the solar system was flourishing.

We don't really know when hyperspace was discovered. The wormhole theory existed long before us and that discovery was kept as military secret for quite long, what we know for sure that this tremendous discovery was leaked somewhere in 2258. We now know that most of the star systems in our galaxy create powerful magnetic fields and if those fields collide a potential hyperspace node is created. Those nodes allow us to travel through huge distances without wasting allot of fuel. Of course this technology could be used to create temporal hyperspace portals that allow us to travel inside the start system. Further jumps will require significantly more fuel and more powerful gravitational field so for travelling between systems we used the nodes. The discovery of hyperspace allowed us to colonize more worlds. The jump node that we discovered laid near Pluto’s orbit. We used it and we discovered a star behind it, we called it Antares . Unfortunately not everything is all that smooth, and as said 80 years is still a short period in galactic measures...

Later this year, the remnants of our past captured themselves a fleet of different ships, armed them with cannons and ran away through an uncharted jump node, they called themselves the Neo-Terran Alliance. Yes, they were the same fanatics that once caused the civil war. For long they were planning and with the hyperspace in their hands, they could flee to create their fleet. We were not prepared for that, we didn't see the need in a fleet, even after that rebellion. For one year nobody saw them. We forgot about them but they didn't forget about us. Soon we saw warships attacking our transports. We could only watch and fear as a small but well armed fleet closed on us. In a month the NTA took every system under their control. They didn't touch the colonies, thought they'll need them once the re-capture Earth. Meanwhile every single transport in sol was armed with whatever we could find. From scratch we collected our own fleet and went to protect our home. The battle took place near the Sol-Antares jump node. The NTA's ships were superior to ours simply because they were suited for combat, but eventually we won by sheer numbers loosing many ships. The rebels retreated back to their base, wherever it was and we were left to lick our wounds.

We knew that we had to create our own fleet to protect our colonies. Our top scientists and engineers created our first line of all purpose cruisers to protect our colonies. They were durable, cheap , reliable, perfect for mass production. They became the bulkhead of the United Terran Navy. In addition, our tacticians came to conclusion that groups of small portable units can efficiently protect our convoys from attacks and assist in assaults, so the first line of all purpose fighters was created, too . For 4 years we fought a bloody guerrilla war. They came from nowhere, destroyed our convoys and fled back to the unknown. Eventually we found Sirius. A strike team was prepared fast and the First Fleet of Sol went to there. The advantage was now in our hands. With superior numbers and power we destroyed the rebels and took their planet. 600,000 Troops landed that day to defeat the last remnants of the Unification war. They found there a big colony with farms, factories, labs ... the NTA was well organized.

The NTA's agenda had a bit of truth though. They believed that the unification was part of a plan of tyrants to take full control over earth. Different speculations about whole organizations controlling earth were widespread even before the war, and some facts pointed towards that direction, but does it matter as long as you live well ?

So what you say , is it worth continuing ? As we haven't dome yet Smile . And will you be ok with me integrating my favourite aliens into the story ? Just look at them aren't they adorable ?

Futurecraft background story ? Shivans_-_Color
Shivans

Last edited by Iv121 on Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cool3303
Recruit
Recruit
Cool3303

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft background story ?   Futurecraft background story ? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 12:19 pm

WHAT THE HECK IS THAT THING???

Anyway my favorite Aliens look much better
Futurecraft background story ? 94168710
Not Cool enough well look at this
Futurecraft background story ? Suprem10
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft background story ?   Futurecraft background story ? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 12:21 pm

Nah thx I just asked if you feel ok for me including shivans thats all.
Back to top Go down
Cool3303
Recruit
Recruit
Cool3303

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft background story ?   Futurecraft background story ? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 12:24 pm

Only if you tell me where the head of this thing is. (mark it with paint.)
Otherwise I will tell everyone they are modern art.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft background story ?   Futurecraft background story ? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 1:36 am

anyone anything ? Or it's so terrible it doesnt deserve a comment ?
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft background story ?   Futurecraft background story ? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 12:13 pm

I thought I commented on this?

Its great! but there were a few weird paragraphs in the middle, but otherwise its really good.

although I don't think the devs will use it
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft background story ?   Futurecraft background story ? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 12:17 pm

Fix the grammar errors. I'm sure it's awesome but I can't go past the first sentence without my eyes bleeding. Maybe copy/paste into word?
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft background story ?   Futurecraft background story ? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 1:22 pm

Sry Garmmar is not my best side, even in my native language ... Will fix it. If you like a bit of it I will continue and hopefully I get more feedback . Use it , don't use it, its your choice. I'm just writing a story that I gonna base my ships on...
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft background story ?   Futurecraft background story ? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 3:09 pm

Word couldn't find many mistakes besides some minor "travel" misspells. Also fixed the form of the verb in one of the sentences.

" When we discovered the destroyers we attacked. We were always the best, the strongest , and they ... we saw them like we saw the others - strange, cold, resisting... but they were different - they were not dying. We fought them long, we spared that star and moved on, but they followed us. They weren't like the others, they didn't need our territory, recourses , technology. They kept following and we made our first retreat " .

It happened not long before I was promoted to the admiral of the 3rd fleet of Antares, later they called it the Ros 128 incident... A group of UTN fighters went on a patrol in the system. We still had small pockets of rebels spread througup our known space that were threatening our convoys. After 30 minutes of quiet patrol wing Beta went silent. Gamma flew to investigate their last known position and went silent, too. A little while later a fighter from the wing appears near Ros 128 station in bad shape, reports of unknown contacts and a bit later the base goes silent, too.

UTN command was very nervous the next few days. Reports of unknown contacts were spreading across the outer systems with terrifying speed. We didn't know who or what are they, so until further contact we called them Krishnans after one of the Hindu deities. We didn't know their motives but we knew they won't stop. The 3rd fleet was soon mobilised and I found myself heading back to Sirius. It took us some time to find their command ship in the area - a frigate that co-ordinated the attacks. SOF wanted that frigate in one piece so we blew their engines and moved it to Bastion station. The 3rd fleet was needed elsewhere so we went back to Antares for refuel. We were lucky to leave bastion station before the Krishnan fleet arrived ... The base was destroyed by a destroyer of massive proportions. It housed hundreds of fighters and it's weapons were terrifying, but the worst of all - it was protected by an indestructible shield that protected them against all our Kinetic and plasma weaponry .

It's advance was slow and unsure. They didn't know where our homeworld is, but the options were shrinking and we knew that eventually they'll find us...

I quite based it on the events of Freespace 1 as you could guess ... I do promise you some interesting / original spin in the end , I wouldn't waste my time in lists of Hindu gods that replace the shivans if I plan to write the same story ...

BTW did you know that the anagram of shivan is vanish ?
Back to top Go down
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry
Soul of Jack

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft background story ?   Futurecraft background story ? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 3:24 pm

Iv121 wrote:
Word couldn't find many mistakes besides some minor "travel" misspells. Also fixed the form of the verb in one of the sentences.

" When we discovered the destroyers we attacked. We were always the best, the strongest , and they ... we saw them like we saw the others - strange, cold, resisting... but they were different - they were not dying. We fought them long, we spared that star and moved on, but they followed us. They weren't like the others, they didn't need our territory, recourses , technology. They kept following and we made our first retreat " .

It happened not long before I was promoted to the admiral of the 3rd fleet of Antares, later they called it the Ros 128 incident... A group of UTN fighters went on a patrol in the system. We still had small pockets of rebels spread througup our known space that were threatening our convoys. After 30 minutes of quiet patrol wing Beta went silent. Gamma flew to investigate their last known position and went silent, too. A little while later a fighter from the wing appears near Ros 128 station in bad shape, reports of unknown contacts and a bit later the base goes silent, too.

UTN command was very nervous the next few days. Reports of unknown contacts were spreading across the outer systems with terrifying speed. We didn't know who or what are they, so until further contact we called them Krishnans after one of the Hindu deities. We didn't know their motives but we knew they won't stop. The 3rd fleet was soon mobilised and I found myself heading back to Sirius. It took us some time to find their command ship in the area - a frigate that co-ordinated the attacks. SOF wanted that frigate in one piece so we blew their engines and moved it to Bastion station. The 3rd fleet was needed elsewhere so we went back to Antares for refuel. We were lucky to leave bastion station before the Krishnan fleet arrived ... The base was destroyed by a destroyer of massive proportions. It housed hundreds of fighters and it's weapons were terrifying, but the worst of all - it was protected by an indestructible shield that protected them against all our Kinetic and plasma weaponry .

It's advance was slow and unsure. They didn't know where our homeworld is, but the options were shrinking and we knew that eventually they'll find us...

I quite based it on the events of Freespace 1 as you could guess ... I do promise you some interesting / original spin in the end , I wouldn't waste my time in lists of Hindu gods that replace the shivans if I plan to write the same story ...

BTW did you know that the anagram of shivan is vanish ?
So basickly Death is following you
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft background story ?   Futurecraft background story ? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 6:40 pm

I can quickly come up with Lore that me and my friend RPed over for 3 years, with many unique events. Granted, much of the stuff in it is based on video games, but the general concept is original.

Space travel was discovered on accident. Or rather, Faster Than Light travel was. One minute we were experimenting with black holes on the supercollider between the Earth and the Moon, and the next we had created some unknown substance. When bombarded with Infrared Radiation, it creates a space-time wormhole around the object or objects around it and transfers it to any location in the galaxy. Within years, most of the countries left in the world had sent fleets to other planets to colonize them. The United American Provinces (Formerly the United States) sent the first one, colonizing the massive grassland planet of Alpha Centauri. This planet was solid, yet was the size of Jupiter. and only had twice the amount of Earth Gravity. The NKIRA (North Korean- Iranian- Russian- Alliance) sent a fleet to a system about 10 Light years away, the Aether system. Yet another fleet sent by the African Federation was sent to the Atlantis system, named for it's planets completely covered in water. By the year 3280 C.E, about 100 systems had been colonized. (The drive was discovered in 3274 C.E.)

But, as it always does, war approached. Somehow, the UAP had gained control of the entire Earth System, and the NKIRA was furious. They attacked Earth and Alpha Centauri, killing Billions of people. When they failed to take control of them, they bombarded both with Nuclear Warheads. The ones on Alpha were shot down, but Earth became a Nuclear Black Glass holocaust zone.

The Earth system was abandoned and quickly forgotten by the civilizations. NKIRA had become the Old Romans (As they lost Earth's history in the destruction,) the UAP the Centarians, and the African Federation the Atlantians. Progress in technology was steady. Soon, Inter-Galactic Ballistic Missiles were perfected, and several planets became dedicated to housing these weapons. A few other civilizations had sprung up in the meantime. However, intergalactic war struck again. The Old Romans and the Centarians declared war, and with both fleets bogged down, they resorted to Nuclear Weaponry. However, it spiralled out of control, and nobody knew who was on who's side. With entire planets being blasted to pieces, the Romans and the Centarians opened seperate gates using Space-Time field disruptors to another Dimension and fled. This event became known as the Holocaust.

In the new Dimension, physics were very strange but similar to the original's. Water was found to be extremely flammable, and anything covered in it could burn away quickly. Gravity acted strangely, attracting as normal but repelling once you get too close to the object, but only for stars. Planets dubbed "Discus'es" were found, which were shaped like discs and were filled with some very strange darkness in the middle. There were Tan forests on these, and these were not flammable at all, yet the wood had explosive properties. These were utilized. It was in this universe that Phazon, and it's deviants, Shazon and Phanon, were discovered. These were catalysts, and finally paved the way for Laser technology to develop. There was another civilization in this universe, however, and they didn't like newcomers. They used a powerful computer virus to turn the newcomer's systems against them, and they soon fled.

The warp gates to the old dimension failed, and the fleets were completely decimated and scattered across the universe. The survivors couldn't salvage any technology, and took what knowledge they had to survive. The universe had continued to war, destroying any remnants of civilizations. Humanity as it was known was destroyed by the Flare, which spread through EM waves and infected stars. All what was left were ancient relics, ruined machines, and some underground bases. Some machinery worked, which was used, but most of it was wrecked. The flare had mutated many organisms, turning some into mindless, dead beings that rise at night and burn in the day. The ones that lasted longer than others in the caves became skeletons, donning whatever weapons that still functioned that they could find. Spiders became massive, and due to their still limited eyes, couldn't recognize threats in the day. And pigs, some of them were mutated into a horrible, mutated monster that exploded whenever it sensed a threat. Their remains after the explosion make more, and they were quickly feared for their tendencies to creep. They became known as Creepers. Underground, they found mutated slugs, massive slimes, that multiplied when damaged.

The underground Nether was accessed using some long-forgotten and damaged warp field, and was explored briefly. However, it was extremely dangerous, and heavy armor was required for the massive heat there. They figured out how to replicate the field using Volcanic Glass, and at least one was in every village.

Other villages not made by the survivors of the Dimensional Crash were soon discovered. They had somehow survived the flare and built small villages. They also salvaged ancient technology to make Iron Golems, which protected them at night.

Strange tall black creatures were soon spotted, and they became feared. They were known to teleport, and few have survived their attacks. Legends spread by the native villagers, dubbed "Testificates", said a strange underground stronghold existed somewhere, and a malfunctioning portal led to their home. They said this was unescapable, and was named The End, and the black creatures were named Endermen.

It was in this time that Space Travel, somehow, was discovered again.

So begins Futurecraft...

(Note that after the Dimensional Crash I modified the story heavily to merge into Vanilla Minecraft)

Comments?

Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft background story ?   Futurecraft background story ? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 1:51 am

No villains ? Or other aliens ? And leave some secrets ! What's about an ancient portal that leads to Whoknowswhere ? (It's a nice place I've been there a few times Smile. Thought about ME style universe that is linked by BIG portals built by the Zenithians (More about them later if you want) that many spicies used. Just unlike ME, those guys are quite unfriendly and shoot each other on sight. And then the Krishnans come to mess things up Razz .
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft background story ?   Futurecraft background story ? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 6:25 am

So, from the entire Universe being at war, somehow only a single planet survived. Did I miss something?

Nice story, but it needs to change to make sense.

Also, an EM field wouldn't mutate pigs and spiders, as far as I'm aware.

I will see if I can come up with my own story, so you can all critique my work for a change.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft background story ?   Futurecraft background story ? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 6:31 am

If this isn't good, I'll have your head.

And mount it on a wall and have a sign saying 'DOCTOR'.
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft background story ?   Futurecraft background story ? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 12:39 pm

Dr. Mackeroth wrote:
So, from the entire Universe being at war, somehow only a single planet survived. Did I miss something?

Nice story, but it needs to change to make sense.

Also, an EM field wouldn't mutate pigs and spiders, as far as I'm aware.

I will see if I can come up with my own story, so you can all critique my work for a change.

No, many planets survived. The survivors of the wreck landed on many different planets, but they were all similar. (Somehow)

And it wasn't an EM field, it was the Flare, a super virus that spreads through EM waves and stars. That's what mutated them.

And the story was only a small fragment of the RP's we did

I think I'll just do a timeline:

3274 C.E: Hyper Drive discovered in experiments.

3280 C.E: Over 100 systems colonized.

3288 C.E: NKIRA destroys Earth in atomic fireball, and all Earth knowledge is lost.

3290 C.E: NKIRA becomes the Old Romans, UAP the Centarians, AF the Atlantians.

3299 C.E: First planet dedicated to housing Nuclear Weaponry commissioned.

3305 C.E: Shield Technology perfected and initially released to the Civilian Market.

3328 C.E: Old Romans and the Centarians declare war.

3330 C.E: Nuclear Weapons are fired by the Romans.

3331 C.E: Universe becomes too dangerous with all of the Nuclear Weaponry flying around, Old Roman and Centarian fleets escape to 5th Dimension.

3331 C.E: Romans land on Discus'es, Centarians land on Mega-Planet the size of the sun.

3332 C.E: Centarians and Romans learn of each other's presence; arrange shaky peace treaty.

3335 C.E: Phazon discovered on the Mega Planet.

3338 C.E: Laser Weaponry perfected by the Centarians.

3340 C.E: Super advanced native civilization attacks the newcomers, forcing them to flee.

3341 C.E: Old Roman warp gate back to the 3rd dimension fails, destroying the entire fleet.

3342 C.E: Centarians discover Alpha Centauri was blown apart, but turned the core into a Fusion Core. NeoRome is born.

3345 C.E: Shazon discovered orbiting and forming around the Galactic Core. NeoRomans send expeditions to mine it.

3350 C.E: The Mouse is activated as a central computer controller for the NeoRomans.

3351 C.E: Computer Virus infects the mouse and it goes rogue, creating the Cybernetic Fleet.

3386 C.E: The Mouse is finally defeated, ending the Robotic Wars.

3389 C.E: The Librarians, based on Alpha, Beta, and Theta Singi, reveal themselves. They have a massive Library of information on everything in the universe.

3400-4246 C.E: The flare, made by the NeoRomans, destroys almost all remnants of human civilization. Only small groups on scattered planets survive. Also mutates several creatures into more sinister forms. The Librarians, being immune to the Flare, continue to gather information, and silently watch the survivors, unnoticed.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft background story ?   Futurecraft background story ? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 5:28 pm

Way way better to have original stuff than to plagiarise massively
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft background story ?   Futurecraft background story ? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 3:17 am

Okay. As I said, it is a good story. But, you really seem to forget just how big the Universe is. 11.5 BILLION galaxies. Somehow, I don't see any civilization destroying that, little known one that only had discovered interstellar travel a few years beforehand. Also, gravity would be too weak to actually form anything beyond dust clouds in the 5th dimension.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft background story ?   Futurecraft background story ? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 2:21 pm

Dr. Mackeroth wrote:
, gravity would be too weak to actually form anything beyond dust clouds in the 5th dimension.

Isn't the fifth dimension probability (all possible four dimensional timelines stretching out from the present point which we are experiencing in time) or am I wrong?

Just if so how would dust clouds form in it, they would just form in the third dimension, the fifth would only govern the chance of it occurring after a certain point?

(or is it the other meaning of the fifth dimension you are talking about)
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft background story ?   Futurecraft background story ? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 4:15 pm

I was talking about the other 5th dimension, the mathematical one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft background story ?   Futurecraft background story ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Futurecraft background story ?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: General Area :: Off-Topic Area-
Jump to: