Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Rare ores and extraction?

Go down 
+3
hell2o
fr0stbyte124
Laibach
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

Rare ores and extraction? Empty
PostSubject: Rare ores and extraction?   Rare ores and extraction? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 4:24 pm

I had an idea a while back for an insane mod called "better than creepers" basically, everything easy in minecraft is made realistic, you die from thirst, you die from sunburn, you die from diseases, you die from running to much, you break your hand when you try to punch anything to hard, you cant punch trees, and the list goes on and on.

and on

but the only appealing thing about it was that a lot of technological stuff was going to be added, among these was a new ore called "misch-metal" (German for mixed metal)

IRL mishcmetal is an "alloy" made of whatever rare-earth lanthanides are lying around at the end of the day, that's really pyrophoric(i think that's the word, basically sparks a lot). but in my mod, it basically contained a semi-randomized mix of rare ores,and some mundane ones, It was supposed to be the only way to get rare-earths, uranium, stuff like that, you would extract the ores in a macerator-tye thing, that would need multiple blocks to produce one unit of a given ore

also, some ores would never go above a certain value, some would rarely be present, the gui would look something like this:

Rare ores and extraction? 2qarbkg
EDIT: made a better demo gui

each arrow and corresponding square would be a specific ore type that gets closer to completing one unit with every mischmetal thing you put in

anyway, I think this is a better way of adding (some) ores than just adding an insane amount of ore blocks

thanks!

Last edited by coalminingalchemist on Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:48 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Rare ores and extraction?   Rare ores and extraction? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 4:32 pm

I think this is an interesting idea.
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: Rare ores and extraction?   Rare ores and extraction? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 4:34 pm

Thanks! and if anyone wants to use it use the GUI thing I made at will
Back to top Go down
hell2o

PostSubject: Re: Rare ores and extraction?   Rare ores and extraction? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 5:11 pm

that would work only thing is it would remove the equivalent (with rare metals) of "$%!@ YEAH! DIAMOND!" moments
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: Rare ores and extraction?   Rare ores and extraction? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 5:39 pm

hell2o wrote:
that would work only thing is it would remove the equivalent (with rare metals) of "$%!@ YEAH! DIAMOND!" moments
in my mod this only applied to things that IRL are so rare this is really the only way to get them, there's no large veins of lanthanum, or most of the platinum group metals other than platinum

diamond would stay the same, well, if I was doing it anyway
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: Rare ores and extraction?   Rare ores and extraction? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 5:57 pm

I've started a sad attempt at implementing this

wish me luck D:

EDIT: Does anyone know how to check if the game is running and/or if a furnace is being used (smelting..?)

thanks!

'nother EDIT: never mind, i found it

MOAR EDIT: OR DID I??? its private Sad

I think
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: Rare ores and extraction?   Rare ores and extraction? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 7:08 pm

BAH! I give up

FOR NOW...!
Back to top Go down
Danice123
DEV
DEV
Danice123

PostSubject: Re: Rare ores and extraction?   Rare ores and extraction? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 8:43 pm

Make it PUBLIC!
Back to top Go down
http://wbcentral.com
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Rare ores and extraction?   Rare ores and extraction? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 11:25 pm

Coalminingalchemist, I wish you luck. GUI's are hard. Really hard.
Back to top Go down
Danice123
DEV
DEV
Danice123

PostSubject: Re: Rare ores and extraction?   Rare ores and extraction? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 12:01 am

Gui's effin suck. Mostly cause you just plug in random numbers til something works....
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Rare ores and extraction?   Rare ores and extraction? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 12:05 am

Danice123 wrote:
Gui's effin suck. Mostly cause you just plug in random numbers til something works....

No kidding. What I do is open them in Microsoft Paint, it tells you where the cursor is.
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: Rare ores and extraction?   Rare ores and extraction? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 11:17 am

I did make it public, it crashed the client so badly I had to unplug my computer to kill it. It might have been other things as well, It said it needed to be static, which I can't remember exactly what that does, and making it static kind of.. made more problems than I needed

I got the smelting recipe for dirt to switch randomly, but it only switches when you first start the client, possibly when you re-load a world

I tried making it refresh every second (using system.currenttimemillis or something) but that didn't work, So I'm going to try to refresh every time a block is smelted, by either somehow looking at the slots in the gui or refreshing for the amount of ticks it takes to smelt something

not sure how to do this, I can't remember where the tick method is, and how does MSPaint help?

Last edited by CoalMiningAlchemist on Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Rare ores and extraction?   Rare ores and extraction? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 11:19 am

So basically, when you smelt dirt, it does a random recipie?
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: Rare ores and extraction?   Rare ores and extraction? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 11:22 am

yes, well, it changes everytime you start the client, switches between gold blocks, diamond, steel, clay, snow, and bows

I think bows, its just to see how I could get it to change in the actual mod.
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: Rare ores and extraction?   Rare ores and extraction? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 12:25 pm

ok.. I'm doing something wrong and its really pissing me off, every time I use WorldInfo.getWorldTime it says I;m makiing a static reference to it, If I'm not mistaken anything static is final, and IT CAN'T BE FINAL

I'm using inside of a subroutine, I'm pretty sure.

it is, and I tried using it inside of a private one, I'm sure the problem is really obvious, but I can't find it
Back to top Go down
Danice123
DEV
DEV
Danice123

PostSubject: Re: Rare ores and extraction?   Rare ores and extraction? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 1:02 pm

Static and final are different, pretty sure...
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: Rare ores and extraction?   Rare ores and extraction? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 1:09 pm

alright, thanks, but I think they have similar effects

I'll try making it static

ok, static is like final, it won't change its value after its been assigned one, which just messes up the furnace, I'll try making my mod class abstract, which I assume is the opposite of static, I haven't learned it yet(aaand it doesn't work)

I wonder if this has anything to do with using mod loader?

Last edited by CoalMiningAlchemist on Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Danice123
DEV
DEV
Danice123

PostSubject: Re: Rare ores and extraction?   Rare ores and extraction? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 2:40 pm

Instead of making it static, can you access the function through the world object? That would be a lot easier.
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: Rare ores and extraction?   Rare ores and extraction? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 2:42 pm

you mean like world.whatever?

I'm not too deep into java yet
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: Rare ores and extraction?   Rare ores and extraction? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 2:49 pm

this?

World.class.getClass(BlockFurnace)

doesn't work, says it isn't a a variable

then again I have no idea what getClass() does
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: Rare ores and extraction?   Rare ores and extraction? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 5:11 pm

does anyone knwo what this means?
Spoiler:

somehow I messed up mod loader or java source, like its dividing by zero or something

it started when I used IsGuiOpen(null) (I think)

also I completely re-decompiled my MC source it worked fine with modloader and everything before, but when I put my code back it crashed :/

sorrry for doing stupid things XD
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: Rare ores and extraction?   Rare ores and extraction? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 7:57 pm

umm, wtf, I tried just an empty class and it still crashes o_O

turns out removing extends basemod did it, I think my modloader is screwed up
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: Rare ores and extraction?   Rare ores and extraction? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 8:03 pm

wow, I can't believe it, I think It might have been MEAT-INF

*facedesk
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: Rare ores and extraction?   Rare ores and extraction? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 8:17 pm

hmm, my old .java din't work, but a new class does

now to completely re-write the mod... O_O

wait, no IT WORKS!

well, the random dirt thing
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: Rare ores and extraction?   Rare ores and extraction? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 8:55 pm

geh, I give up

for tonight at least
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rare ores and extraction?   Rare ores and extraction? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rare ores and extraction?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next