Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

MonsterTeddy's Musical Devlog.

Go down 
+7
GroundBurg_Coder13
fr0stbyte124
Hierarch Fenway
Shiva
Buggy1997123
The Schmetterling
MonsterTeddy
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
MonsterTeddy
MonsterTeddy

MonsterTeddy's Musical Devlog. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MonsterTeddy's Musical Devlog.   MonsterTeddy's Musical Devlog. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 12:06 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
Nice. I wasn't really sure where you were going with the original arrangement, but this is pretty fantastic.

Thanks, I'm glad you like it ^.^

So, I finished the mixing (at least for now, I'm not too sure of the mix and currently thinking of remixing.) and here it is: Clicky, clicky

-MonsterTeddy

Just a Quick Edit: I remixed the Song to sound more like I wanted it to sound. Less midrangy, less reverb.
Back to top Go down
http://soundcloud.com/sounds-for-futurecraft
MonsterTeddy
MonsterTeddy

PostSubject: Re: MonsterTeddy's Musical Devlog.   MonsterTeddy's Musical Devlog. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 11:19 am

So, I'm like supercreative the last few days and have written 3 songs in 2 days (which is quite alot) and just now started on a new orchestral piece. It's just an idea and I'll perfect it over the next few days, but I still wanted to share the early beginning.

In Brightest Daylight

-Monsterteddy
Back to top Go down
ectrimble20
DEV
DEV
ectrimble20

PostSubject: Re: MonsterTeddy's Musical Devlog.   MonsterTeddy's Musical Devlog. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 11:31 am

Monster, are you doing smaller sounds too (by smaller I mean like weapon sounds, new block/mob sounds etc) or are you just doing a new musical track for it? Just curious because I'm going to need some new sounds for the new items in the game at some point.
Back to top Go down
MonsterTeddy
MonsterTeddy

PostSubject: Re: MonsterTeddy's Musical Devlog.   MonsterTeddy's Musical Devlog. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 11:46 am

I think Buggy found a pretty big libary full of useable sounds, I'd look there first.

Other than that, just tell me what you need and I'll will try to produce something.

-MonsterTeddy
Back to top Go down
Buggy1997123
DEV
DEV
Buggy1997123

PostSubject: Re: MonsterTeddy's Musical Devlog.   MonsterTeddy's Musical Devlog. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 4:11 pm

ectrimble20 wrote:
Monster, are you doing smaller sounds too (by smaller I mean like weapon sounds, new block/mob sounds etc) or are you just doing a new musical track for it? Just curious because I'm going to need some new sounds for the new items in the game at some point.
What kind of sounds? Theres too many of them to upload individually, so I need to know what what the sounds are for(like, for example, a laser rifle) so I can find one that matches.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: MonsterTeddy's Musical Devlog.   MonsterTeddy's Musical Devlog. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 5:19 pm

MonsterTeddy wrote:
So, I'm like supercreative the last few days and have written 3 songs in 2 days (which is quite alot) and just now started on a new orchestral piece. It's just an idea and I'll perfect it over the next few days, but I still wanted to share the early beginning.

In Brightest Daylight

-Monsterteddy
The way it is arranged, it sounds an awful lot like Requiem for a Dream.
Back to top Go down
ectrimble20
DEV
DEV
ectrimble20

PostSubject: Re: MonsterTeddy's Musical Devlog.   MonsterTeddy's Musical Devlog. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 8:35 pm

Actually.... I think it is a retooled Requiem for a Dream. It's different enough to be unique, but it does have the overtures that RfaD has. Still, sounds cool.
Back to top Go down
MonsterTeddy
MonsterTeddy

PostSubject: Re: MonsterTeddy's Musical Devlog.   MonsterTeddy's Musical Devlog. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 10:57 am

fr0stbyte124 wrote:

The way it is arranged, it sounds an awful lot like Requiem for a Dream.

Wow, that's odd ô.O. I didn't even intend to copy that song. But the resemblance is scary.

I mean, it's at a different tempo, in a different key, and it's a totally different chord progression. But the staccato celli still sound totally similar. Crap. I was actually trying to imitate Zach Hempsey for the sake of not soundlich like Hans Zimmer again, but that. Wow ô.O.

I guess I'll have to turn it into a creepy Lofi-Experimental-Ambient-Noise-Orchetra thingy while mixing, and if that's not working, I'm gonna scrap it completely.

But then again, it's just the first 20 seconds.

Btw, would that music even work for a space game? I imagine it as a part of the Battlesoundtrack, so I see 2 or 3 big ships approaching, firing, a lot of smaller fighters trying to avoid certain death. A lot of sparks flying everywhere, people dying. And so on, you get what I want to say.

-MonsterTeddy
Back to top Go down
ectrimble20
DEV
DEV
ectrimble20

PostSubject: Re: MonsterTeddy's Musical Devlog.   MonsterTeddy's Musical Devlog. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 11:04 am

I'd make it sound more like Requiem, but then again, I'm a guy who will play Requiem for a Dream while programming so I feel like I'm doing something totally epic.

I'll be like "$x = 5 DUN-NU-NU-NU-NAAAAA $y = 8 DUNNN NAAAH NEEEAAAAAHHHHHH" and so forth, I'm pretty sure everyone at my job thinks I'm some kind of nut job and they very well may be right.
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: MonsterTeddy's Musical Devlog.   MonsterTeddy's Musical Devlog. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 11:39 am

For battle soundtracks, go more towards Bear McCreary than anything, if you try to make it sound like someone's work. The most awesome battle soundtracks known to man are made by that guy.

But it sounds good (if, admittedly, a bit like RfaD)
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
MonsterTeddy
MonsterTeddy

PostSubject: Re: MonsterTeddy's Musical Devlog.   MonsterTeddy's Musical Devlog. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 12:06 am

Shiva wrote:
For battle soundtracks, go more towards Bear McCreary than anything, if you try to make it sound like someone's work. The most awesome battle soundtracks known to man are made by that guy.

But it sounds good (if, admittedly, a bit like RfaD)

Well I looked up quite some of his music and I have to say.. I really dislike his style of music. I'm really sorry. I'm not even sure what puts me off, but his style of composing id just not compatible with mine. I guess I'll stick with Hans Zimmer and Zach Hemsey. Embarassed

So I finished the arrangement for the Requiem Ripoff. I'm still not sure if I want to keep it. I'll mix it tomorrow when I've actually got some sleep and see what I can do to make it less Requiemy.

After that, I'll think I'll start working again on the more ambient sounding parts of the soundtrack. Got some Pads that I really want to try and play with.

-MonsterTeddy
Back to top Go down
MonsterTeddy
MonsterTeddy

PostSubject: Re: MonsterTeddy's Musical Devlog.   MonsterTeddy's Musical Devlog. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 10:18 pm

So yeah, a new Song again. Or better, new Idea. I'm really statisfied with my progress on this soundtrack, everything flows so well. It's also alot easier then I thought when I begann. Shocked

Also, because I'm a show off (does one say it like that? I believe so, bear with me, it's really late)

I snatched this screenshot while working on "Where I Stand" and thought I share it with you, so that you can actually see what it looks like when I'm working. Also, I wanted to fill this post a bit.

MonsterTeddy's Musical Devlog. - Page 2 JliBW1jnX9jhx

-MonsterTeddy
Back to top Go down
MonsterTeddy
MonsterTeddy

PostSubject: Re: MonsterTeddy's Musical Devlog.   MonsterTeddy's Musical Devlog. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 11:09 am

So, hey, it's been quite some time since I last posted something, but I just wanted to drop in and let you know that I'm still alive and working.

There has just been some stuff I needed to sort out, like I had an release date for an track that was featured on an album (yay!) and university stuff I had to deal with and a shitload of other crap, also I suddenly have a life again with a girlfriend who demands attention.

So, I'm still working on stuff, but haven't come up with anything lately.

-MonsterTeddy

PS: Nice work with the Threadtitle, and the whole forum in genreal. Looks a lot cleaner now!
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: MonsterTeddy's Musical Devlog.   MonsterTeddy's Musical Devlog. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 5:31 am

Good to know, keep up the hard work!
Back to top Go down
MonsterTeddy
MonsterTeddy

PostSubject: Re: MonsterTeddy's Musical Devlog.   MonsterTeddy's Musical Devlog. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 5:44 pm

So, I kind of had an evening to spare and decided to play around with some samples I had, and suddenly I had a new song. Very Happy

Which is pretty cool, I have to say. I also updated the soundcloud, and organized it a bit. To my suprise I found out that I have already written 9 tracks of the soundtrack, which is not bad. 10 if you count the "maintheme".

This is the new song.

I also started giving them names, because I was kinda confused by the numbers I had. Silly me.

Also, I decided to just upload the raw arrangements and not the (pre)mixed versions, since I'm like 100 percent sure that I will do another mix on them later on. Probably a week before I'll have to deliver, so that I can have the best possible mix.

-MonsterTeddy
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: MonsterTeddy's Musical Devlog.   MonsterTeddy's Musical Devlog. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 4:48 am

Nice song. A bit... Dark? Then again, maybe I'm wrong.

You should investigate a composer called Phillip Glass, his music is sort of the mood we need for Futurecraft.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: MonsterTeddy's Musical Devlog.   MonsterTeddy's Musical Devlog. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 4:54 am

Especially listen to the "Metamorphosis" series,
I'm learning to play it on the piano (well, I didn't really learn, my Dad put
the music for it in front of me and I just started playing it).

The examples on YouTube aren't that good, find him on iTunes.
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: MonsterTeddy's Musical Devlog.   MonsterTeddy's Musical Devlog. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 12:37 pm

MonsterTeddy wrote:
So, I kind of had an evening to spare and decided to play around with some samples I had, and suddenly I had a new song. Very Happy

Which is pretty cool, I have to say. I also updated the soundcloud, and organized it a bit. To my suprise I found out that I have already written 9 tracks of the soundtrack, which is not bad. 10 if you count the "maintheme".

This is the new song.

I also started giving them names, because I was kinda confused by the numbers I had. Silly me.

Also, I decided to just upload the raw arrangements and not the (pre)mixed versions, since I'm like 100 percent sure that I will do another mix on them later on. Probably a week before I'll have to deliver, so that I can have the best possible mix.

-MonsterTeddy

wow, I can just imagine hearing that looking at a planet I'm about to invade Very Happy

your work is great!
Back to top Go down
MonsterTeddy
MonsterTeddy

PostSubject: Re: MonsterTeddy's Musical Devlog.   MonsterTeddy's Musical Devlog. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 9:50 am

So I've been really busy over the last weeks (got a new job and have been working like all the time) and haven't even touched my music stuff for like two weeks.

But now I've got a week off (more or less) and started finishing up some of the ideas I had over the last weeks.

This is the first one, another drone something.

I will try to get as much work done as I can within the week, but I really can't promise anything. Might be nothing new, might be that I write 20 new pieces. I don't know.

@Dr. Mackeroth: I've been getting into more piano stuff lately, and I tried experimenting with it alot. However, I am really not that good at playing piano and so I'm not sure with what I can come up. However, I'll give it a try.

MonsterTeddy
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: MonsterTeddy's Musical Devlog.   MonsterTeddy's Musical Devlog. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 5:29 pm

Good, good. Not really much else to say, good to see that you're going well, even if not with Futurecraft.
Back to top Go down
Dux Tell31
Recruit
Recruit
Dux Tell31

PostSubject: Re: MonsterTeddy's Musical Devlog.   MonsterTeddy's Musical Devlog. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 8:45 pm

I can try to make some peaces as sort of a secondary composer, as Piano is my second Instrument.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: MonsterTeddy's Musical Devlog.   MonsterTeddy's Musical Devlog. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 5:36 am

Piano is my first instrument. If I needed composing, I would be doing it myself. I need that electronic music that you just can't write...
Back to top Go down
Dux Tell31
Recruit
Recruit
Dux Tell31

PostSubject: Re: MonsterTeddy's Musical Devlog.   MonsterTeddy's Musical Devlog. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 8:57 pm

Understood,

Any way, does anypony know what music making software MonsterTeddy uses?

-edit-
Should I try and make some "Star Wars Canntina themed music", because what Sic-Fi doesn't have that?(rhetorical question)

I'm thinking cind of Jazzy right now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: MonsterTeddy's Musical Devlog.   MonsterTeddy's Musical Devlog. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 9:07 pm

idk what he uses, but audacity is really good IMO

stargate didn't, as far as I know
Back to top Go down
Dux Tell31
Recruit
Recruit
Dux Tell31

PostSubject: Re: MonsterTeddy's Musical Devlog.   MonsterTeddy's Musical Devlog. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 12:03 am

Don't tell me that!! affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MonsterTeddy's Musical Devlog.   MonsterTeddy's Musical Devlog. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MonsterTeddy's Musical Devlog.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next