Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Holy shit.

Go down 
+10
Caramell
Tiel+
Hierarch Fenway
Hierarch CMA
hyperlite
MrTargareyan
Groot
Ivan2006
Commander Error
Tau
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

Holy shit. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holy shit.   Holy shit. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 6:56 pm

Well there's a bunch of old German WWII bunkers round here, so perhaps I might survive.

Also I'd be more worried by the Russian's nukes, 50mt
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

PostSubject: Re: Holy shit.   Holy shit. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 7:10 pm

The Tsar Bomba was 50 megatons (the tested one) and it was too large to ever realistically be used to hit something.

Russia doesn't have 50 megaton nukes because they're so big they're impractical.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Holy shit.   Holy shit. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 7:16 pm

Didn't they build a 100mt version?
Back to top Go down
Tau
Infantry
Infantry
Tau

PostSubject: Re: Holy shit.   Holy shit. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 7:59 pm

Prototype wrote:
Didn't they build a 100mt version?
The original Tsar Bomba design was 100mt, but Russia decided to downgrade it to 50mt to avoid minor issues like the irradiation of the entire Siberian region. They kept the plans and external shell of the 100mt version, but never built / finished any. I think the exterior is sitting in a museum somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry
Soul of Jack

PostSubject: Re: Holy shit.   Holy shit. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 9:10 pm

I almost guaranty our race is going to wipe ourselves out if not the just stick here on this floating ball of orbiting junk and rock.

We need some god damn change. This whole separate government idea is just not working.
Back to top Go down
Hierarch CMA
Infantry
Infantry
Hierarch CMA

PostSubject: Re: Holy shit.   Holy shit. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 9:32 pm

What Frost said, if Israel gets nukes then Iran should as well, or no one does. It's not our(the US's) place to regulate other nations unless we're just going to go full muh empire and annex everyone.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Holy shit.   Holy shit. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 4:17 am

Not gonna happen man. Its not only our problem, its yours too, I'd like to remind you about the latest Iranian competition where artists competed in making the most humiliating caricature for the US, just as that fake dialogue was taking place with the Iranians smiling wide open and assuring you that everything will be alright, shaking your hand while putting more uranium into the centrifuges with the other.

Even if the US is gonna do nothing about it I know that my country is capable of doing it. Yes it is not just some 3rd world country, not at all, Iran is a strong Muslim state (The more reason for you to be afraid of it) however when it comes to life and death situations we'll handle it somehow ... (yes Intel classifies Iran with a nuclear bomb as a threat to our existence, not surprising considering how similar their speeches are to those of the Nazis of 1939)

Also to be honest nobody can truely know if we actually got nukes or it is just a bluff Razz
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Holy shit.   Holy shit. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 5:20 am

Not buying it.  Hand em over.

You can have them back once you've learned how to play nice with your neighbors.
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: Holy shit.   Holy shit. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 2:34 pm

Iran will not nuke ANYONE. If they do, everyone else will invade/nuke/bomb them off the map.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Holy shit.   Holy shit. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 3:19 pm

What’s the use of it if it ALREADY nuked you ?

The problem is not in the nuke itself. This nuke means that Iran will be invulnerable to any kind of bombing, attack or invasion as they will just say they will fire a salvo at New York or something. They will offer a perfect shelter for terrorists, they will be able to supply them with advanced weapons, provide them training and funds with no risk of a counterattack, you think its all fine we just gonna have nukes for lols and that’s it ? Say thanks North Korea is not using terrorists ...
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: Holy shit.   Holy shit. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 3:26 pm

Iv121 wrote:
What’s the use of it if it ALREADY nuked you ?

The problem is not in the nuke itself. This nuke means that Iran will be invulnerable to any kind of bombing, attack or invasion as they will just say they will fire a salvo at New York or something. They will offer a perfect shelter for terrorists, they will be able to supply them with advanced weapons, provide them training and funds with no risk of a counterattack, you think its all fine we just gonna have nukes for lols and that’s it ? Say thanks North Korea is not using terrorists ...
Iv, you miss the point - if Iran even threatens to drop nuclear weapons on anyone, they'll be facing off with the U.S., Russia, U.K., France, and a couple others besides. There's no way they could use them effectively. It's Mutually Assured Destruction.

And if they manage to get nuclear power stations working, be happy that there's less atmospheric polution.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Holy shit.   Holy shit. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 3:28 pm

My worry would be that they make a bomb of the scale of the original Tsar Bomba, now we have ICBMs it's actually feasible as a weapon. The only reason they scaled the bomb down was because it was carried by a plane, and we stopped doing that a while ago.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Holy shit.   Holy shit. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 3:29 pm

Fleet Admiral Error wrote:

And if they manage to get nuclear power stations working, be happy that there's less atmospheric polution.
Did you mean the 'less atmospheric pollution' that comes with increased cancer rates wherever they decide to lock away/dump the waste?
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Holy shit.   Holy shit. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 3:31 pm

Ivan2006 wrote:

Did you mean the 'less atmospheric pollution' that comes with increased cancer rates wherever they decide to lock away/dump the waste?
Last time I checked they bury the stuff deep underground, I'd be more concerned by the plant itself slowly becoming radioactive
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Holy shit.   Holy shit. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 4:09 pm

Prototype wrote:
Ivan2006 wrote:

Last time I checked they bury the stuff deep underground, I'd be more concerned by the plant itself slowly becoming radioactive
I actually read a paper saying that there was a slight increase of cancer rates found on people living near radioactive waste containment sites.
Also I'm not 100% sure Iran will bury them properly.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Holy shit.   Holy shit. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 4:39 pm

Iv, you miss the point - if Iran even threatens to drop nuclear weapons on anyone, they'll be facing off with the U.S., Russia, U.K., France, and a couple others besides. There's no way they could use them effectively. It's Mutually Assured Destruction.

As you said before nobody will nuke them. Nukes are used to maintain status-quo : Nobody can attack a state that has a nuclear weapon directly, unfortunately for you terrorists are indirect attacks, those that are definitely not the reason to make nuclear war, and if you do come to threaten Iran and corner it it WILL use the bomb as if it gets nuked back it has nothing to loose, that’s basics of cold war Error you should know it by now.

What you don’t know however is the reality in this region, that something even Obama doesn’t get so don’t feel too bad. I can see he knows damn nothing about this place considering the way he handles the negotiations with Iran. See they don’t have the bomb right now, there is nothing that currently prevents the US from invading them, and if Obama wants results he must stress that in front of them, to say "We come from position of power so if you know what's good for you you better do as we say" , that’s the only kind of negotiations that work in this region, anything else is taken as weakness, as if you are at their mercy.

You really bought that crap about peaceful nuclear energy ? You don’t make it with heavy water and 80% enriched uranium, you don’t do it in underground bunkers either, that’s a fact that they make a bomb. I know this place well enough to tell you, the average American that they area a threat to you, Don’t get illusions from your so called "isolation" and the fact you live an ocean away, in fact we, a country so close to them are more protected from terrorist attacks than you. If you don't wanna save your ass nobody will, here everyone knows it perfectly well, that is how we survived for 65 years.

Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: Holy shit.   Holy shit. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 5:33 pm

Iv.

While I may not have a perfect handle on Middle Eastern relations, I am aware that "nuking someone who's nuking you" is called Mutually Assured Destruction. Nobody wins = nobody picks a fight in the first place.

Also, While I'm not sold on the "peaceful nuclear power" story, I can rationalize here.

1. Underground? Frankly, ANYTHING involving nuclear equipment should be underground in that country. No offense, but the Middle East just barely holds onto the pseudo-peace it has. That makes sense.

2. Deuterium is used in 5% of the world's reactors (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_reactor), and enriched uranium is (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_reactor_physics#Uranium_enrichment) used in pretty much every nuclear reactor ever.

Iv121 wrote:
I know this place well enough to tell you, the average American that they area a threat to you, Don’t get illusions from your so called "isolation" and the fact you live an ocean away, in fact we, a country so close to them are more protected from terrorist attacks than you. If you don't wanna save your ass nobody will, here everyone knows it perfectly well, that is how we survived for 65 years.
I`m not an average American - I`m Canadian, funny enough. And also, you`re not that much more protected- the States is just a better target for terrorists. Plus, the Americans tend to be idiots. Thus, their attempts at defense against terrorism do pretty much bubkis.

And you seem to be biased, Iv. I can get that, given where you live, but frankly, you don`t seem to be thinking about this rationally.

Apologies for chewing your post apart, but I`m just applying logic and reason.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Holy shit.   Holy shit. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 5:48 pm

Oh man don’t teach me about the middle east, if my own experience is not enough for you Im currently doing a course in it this semester ...

You really didn’t chew away at anything. Yes the US is a much less protected country against terrorism, ironically you got no less if not more casualties to terrorism considering we are their prime target. More security, more intel gathering, in a prime target for terrorists the security must be up on high level, or we wont exist here in the first place. All borders are covered up in high tech fencing and patrolled regularly, all passage ways between them are tightly secured. In fact the only gateway into Israel is one international airport that is just filled to the top with police and soldiers looking for these terrorists. Also due to our proximity to the Arabs we can afford maintaining agents inside which leaks us info about attacks before these are executed.

Yes man you dont scatter your plants and build them in reinforced bunkers like that. If you make it for civil reasons it makes mcuh more sense to gather it all in one palce. You also dont produce 80% enriched uranium which is used PURELY for bombs nor you make ballistic rockets.

I will also try to explain you one last time the situe with warheads :

They send terrorists to attack you, for ideological reasons don’t ask me why. Anyway these terrorists are not your average ones, they are well trained commandos equipped with tech no worse than yours, why ? Because Iran subsides them , their training and their activities. This also gives them access to chemical weapons, dirty bombs and all other sorts of weaponry perfectly suited for terrorist attacks. Some of them will make to your borders, some wont, either way those who will will make it living hell for you, 9/11s on monthly basis, maybe the situe will not be as bad but even a 9/11 yearly is thousands of dead. And now you want to stop that, you come knocking on the Iranian door asking them what the fk is going on and they say "Nop dont even think about it, we got nukes you dont mess with us", and that is it, you cant do s*** about the terrorists, you cant do s*** about the casualties, you are in a war you cannot win.

Ill put it this way : Do you gonna argue they are not building bombs ?
Do you gonna argue bombs in the hands of terrorists are bad ?

If both answers are yes you agree with me, if not there is nothing I can do to convince you, you can live in the illusion of security and I hope that bubble of yours will never get blow up because if it does that means nothing good for us either. You should stop arguing with me merely because my name is Iv and maybe listen to me. I live here long enough to tell where all that s*** is going and there is nobody who knows about terror more than the Israelis, we just saw too much of it.
Back to top Go down
Hierarch CMA
Infantry
Infantry
Hierarch CMA

PostSubject: Re: Holy shit.   Holy shit. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 10:24 pm

@fr0st Regardless of your metaphysical beliefs, you can't expect a Jewish state to ever exist peacefully in a muslim dominated area. It won't work as long as muslims are muslims and Judea(?) isn't.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Holy shit.   Holy shit. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 11:48 pm

Have you tried sacrificing a cow a fat kid dressed up to look like a ginger?
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: Holy shit.   Holy shit. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 12:38 am

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
Have you tried sacrificing a cow a fat kid dressed up to look like a ginger?
Back to top Go down
Hierarch CMA
Infantry
Infantry
Hierarch CMA

PostSubject: Re: Holy shit.   Holy shit. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 12:47 am

No, but I have sacrificed a few marines to Khorne. Is that children of the corn or something?
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: Holy shit.   Holy shit. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 9:01 pm

DaveMustaine wrote:
No, but I have sacrificed a few  marines to Khorne. Is that children of the corn or something?
You may be onto something there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Holy shit.   Holy shit. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Holy shit.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2