Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Share | 
 

 So A Neat Comic

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Should I Make More?
Yes
31%
 31% [ 4 ]
No
15%
 15% [ 2 ]
If You Improve Them, Yes
54%
 54% [ 7 ]
Other (Post Below)
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 13
 

AuthorMessage
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 5497
Join date : 2012-02-20
Age : 20
Location : AFK

PostSubject: Re: So A Neat Comic   Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:32 pm

I praised the conveyance of the story. Conveyance. If you look it up, one context is 'method of delivery'. While your story has its problems (all do, if it's any consolation), none of the RPs thus far have managed to convey information in a user-friendly, to-the-point manner that Vinyl has done with his comic. The same could also be said about the slash fic collab - almost everything there relied on pre-existing knowledge of the community; unlike this comic, which is delivered in such a way that it makes sense even if you're not familiar with the source material.

Iv, if I may make a suggestion - lose the victim complex. Not everything I say is intended to be some affront to you or Semitics everywhere as you seem to think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iv121
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2396
Join date : 2012-02-05
Age : 22
Location : -> HERE ! <-

PostSubject: Re: So A Neat Comic   Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:37 pm

Well you did it for quite a time now so that would be just a natural response
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Last_Jedi_Standing
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 3033
Join date : 2012-02-19
Age : 104
Location : Coruscant

PostSubject: Re: So A Neat Comic   Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:15 pm

Iv121 wrote:
because as I explained it was too short for that, no point in arguing on that .
This is why I hate you.

_________________
Spoiler:
 

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joel
Marine
Marine
avatar

Posts : 1473
Join date : 2012-04-01
Age : 20
Location : A Death World, stopping a Waaagh!

PostSubject: Re: So A Neat Comic   Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:14 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
Iv121 wrote:
because as I explained it was too short for that, no point in arguing on that .
This is why most of us hate you.
FTYFY
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iv121
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2396
Join date : 2012-02-05
Age : 22
Location : -> HERE ! <-

PostSubject: Re: So A Neat Comic   Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:20 am

Thx yet again I don’t need your hatred speeches again and here there is just no point in arguing you didn't do it, also if you Vinyl and LJS hate me and Tiel that doesn’t make you a majority, wanna prove you are ? Make a vote "Do you hate Iv" if you are a**holes enough, it might be tight but I doubt you will get the majority of votes. As for your hatred you will only ruin yourselves just like Tiel did in the last week or two.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Last_Jedi_Standing
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 3033
Join date : 2012-02-19
Age : 104
Location : Coruscant

PostSubject: Re: So A Neat Comic   Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:57 am

Tiel has gone a long way downhill recently, but it's not because he dislikes you. The fact is, Iv, that you aren't a nice person. You're very unpleasant to be around, and you're often very rude to people. You don't seem to understand that, and you refuse to accept it even when lots of people are telling you. A large part of the reason you're an asshole is that you refuse to listen to the people who are telling you you're an asshole and trying to get you to change your behavior. You tell us we're lying about not liking you, or that we're going to ruin ourselves with hatred speeches, or the like. You're a fairly productive member of the forum, even if you don't seem to care much about Futurecraft itself, but you need to understand that you're one of the most annoying and rude members on here. You aren't going to read this post, and you're going to tell me that there's no point arguing about it because most people like you, but quite frankly I simply no longer care what you say or think, because this has gotten to the point where pretty much every interaction with you ends in me wishing I could hit you with a board.

_________________
Spoiler:
 

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iv121
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2396
Join date : 2012-02-05
Age : 22
Location : -> HERE ! <-

PostSubject: Re: So A Neat Comic   Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:19 am

Not care is big words. I had a chat in here with ppl the other day, they wondered why can't we do other things while frost works on the engine. I explained how you can do progress on the mod right now and in which succession you should add stuff both by dependencies and the need to advertise the mod. for the question what I did in that direction I answered that I worked on Aurora and also that I made around 16 textures for different building blocks that could be used to build ships, 16 textures is not a small count, but then a few jerks came and told me how bad I am and how I know nothing about texturing even after I gave them a very constructive advice, there is nothing more constructive than telling a person to use noise or shade the lines to give them depth. And then these jerks told me to GTFO so what do you think I'll keep making these textures while that is the thanks I get ? I was BTW the one and only person who made textures for blocks here, so what I did is I went to my work folder and deleted all of these textures and I will never make them again , do you know who these jerks are by any chance ? 
 
That is about me not liking the mod. Now have a look at this topic, did I give anything but productive criticism ? I give it to you all and again I never ignore anything you do. You might not always hear a pleasant word from me because Im quite demanding I must admit but that doesn't mean your work is bad, I only saw how to improve it and when I do tell you a good word you can be proud that your word is a true masterpiece in my opinion, after all if your work is basically just good there is nothing to point out so I just don't reply to this topic, no complaints as they say. Remind me when was the last time you bothered to ever reply to my work ? I don't care if you point out every single flaw in my work I want it to improve but you didn't even bother to do that. 
 
Finally when you come to me and call me jerk all the time, tell me I know s*** and never ever bother to read my work , how do you expect me to behave ? Why targareyan never called me a jerk ? I replied to his work more frequently than anyone else and often pointed out many flaws, when we worked on my map together there were times I just fully deleted his work (I do the same to my work if it seems wrong to me), and still I believe he had great time building because otherwise he wouldn't come back to help me the day after (I appreciate that mate Smile  ), you get what you cook and we both keep cooking each other crap for dinner. You saw my demands now bring out yours.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Groot
Marine
Marine
avatar

Posts : 1456
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 21
Location : Yggdrasil

PostSubject: Re: So A Neat Comic   Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:28 am

Ladies please, calm down, we all know how these ends, keep it clean.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
avatar

Posts : 584
Join date : 2012-04-19

PostSubject: Re: So A Neat Comic   Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:04 am

I don't really think Iv's a jerk. He's just more frank than most of us are used to.

For example in the ship thread; when we a ship that falls somewhere between great and bad, I'll look and the project and try to point out what the builder did right with the ship and try to build up their confidence. Whereas Iv will point out the flaws that he finds in order to make them better.

I don't think either approach is wrong, just different. But more importantly, I think we need both sides. If a builder where to just receive positive feedback, then he might not feel any need to improve his work. On the other hand, if he only gets negative reviews he might get frustrated and leave the community.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Last_Jedi_Standing
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 3033
Join date : 2012-02-19
Age : 104
Location : Coruscant

PostSubject: Re: So A Neat Comic   Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:33 pm

Iv121 wrote:
<snip>
This is pretty much what I'm talking about. You fixated on one line of my post that you could easily argue about and wrote an entire monologue about it, ignoring everything else. The first paragraph of your post summarizes as "I love Futurecraft, and I've done lots of awesome stuff for it that you haven't, but everyone besides me is mean so I deleted all of it just to spite everyone and I'll never help you again because you're jerks." That's incredibly childish but also irrelevant to what we were actually talking about. In the second paragraph, you deny that you're rude to people by saying that it's all just productive criticism. I will point out that this particular argument started when you told Tiel that his "hatred speeches" were "lying to Vinyl". I honestly can't understand how that could possibly be considered constructive. Then in the third paragraph, you seem to be saying that you act the way you do because everyone else is mean to you. Leaving aside the fact that I've never seen anyone call you a 'jerk', that being an insult most of us grow out of around the third grade, you then seem to say that because Targ likes you everything you do is OK. Note that that's what I predicted you'd say in my previous post. At no point in that post did I see anything that could be considered "demands", and at no point did I see anything that actually addresses the vast majority of my post. It's just more of the same, finding lots of ways to say that you aren't really being rude or that, if you are, it's actually our faults.

_________________
Spoiler:
 

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Groot
Marine
Marine
avatar

Posts : 1456
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 21
Location : Yggdrasil

PostSubject: Re: So A Neat Comic   Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:01 pm

Ok everybody, weather forecast predicts level 8 shitstorms incoming.

In event of emergency deploy your tinfoil hat, grab your towel and hide under a table.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iv121
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2396
Join date : 2012-02-05
Age : 22
Location : -> HERE ! <-

PostSubject: Re: So A Neat Comic   Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:06 pm

ppl just say I argue too much and you know what ? I won't argue here as see we might behave like utter a**holes to each other but unlike you I don't suffer from it, it doesn't make me feel cold nor warm, BTW I say it because from that wall of text you didn't break into paragraphs it is clear you wrote it on an angry impulse. I will just leave it all at this, looking forward to that "do you hate Iv" poll Razz.

BTW I did it just to make proto's forecast wrong Smile .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry
avatar

Posts : 671
Join date : 2012-03-12
Location : In the Baile System.

PostSubject: Re: So A Neat Comic   Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:19 pm

I don't hate you Iv but you do have...Eh...Flaws but that means your Human.
Also Proto its like that everyday.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Last_Jedi_Standing
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 3033
Join date : 2012-02-19
Age : 104
Location : Coruscant

PostSubject: Re: So A Neat Comic   Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:38 pm

Iv121 wrote:
BTW I say it because from that wall of text you didn't break into paragraphs it is clear you wrote it on an angry impulse.
No, I wrote it quite calmly and slowly over the course of about forty-five minutes, while doing other things as well. I didn't break it into paragraphs because I consider it a single paragraph. If you would have formatted it differently that is of course your right, but you're a strange one to be giving advice on anything even broadly related to grammar and punctuation.

_________________
Spoiler:
 

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
avatar

Posts : 1196
Join date : 2011-10-26
Location : |]||o|{o}-H--X-)|(

PostSubject: Re: So A Neat Comic   Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:42 pm

All citizens who do not possess lead umbrellas should stay indoors for the duration of the storm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 5497
Join date : 2012-02-20
Age : 20
Location : AFK

PostSubject: Re: So A Neat Comic   Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:13 pm

Is it safe to come out yet?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joel
Marine
Marine
avatar

Posts : 1473
Join date : 2012-04-01
Age : 20
Location : A Death World, stopping a Waaagh!

PostSubject: Re: So A Neat Comic   Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:37 pm

It is now because I say so.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry
avatar

Posts : 671
Join date : 2012-03-12
Location : In the Baile System.

PostSubject: Re: So A Neat Comic   Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:35 am

No its not but I am safe!

(Not really)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
avatar

Posts : 1196
Join date : 2011-10-26
Location : |]||o|{o}-H--X-)|(

PostSubject: Re: So A Neat Comic   Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:28 am

Suddenly Sharks


Remember, lead umbrellas or similar protection.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joel
Marine
Marine
avatar

Posts : 1473
Join date : 2012-04-01
Age : 20
Location : A Death World, stopping a Waaagh!

PostSubject: Re: So A Neat Comic   Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:34 am

I have umbrella made of pure shitstormium-9000

Back to top Go down
View user profile
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
avatar

Posts : 543
Join date : 2013-06-22

PostSubject: Re: So A Neat Comic   Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:07 am

this thread makes me all warm and fuzzy inside
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: So A Neat Comic   

Back to top Go down
 
So A Neat Comic
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Comic Physique?
» What if Ben 10 as Comic Book Superhero
» Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
» The Truth About Other Debating Forums
» Top 20 DBZtard lies and misinformation(Final 3)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: General Area :: Off-Topic Area-
Jump to: