Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Iones stress test

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

Iones stress test Empty
PostSubject: Iones stress test   Iones stress test Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 10:29 am

Hello!

I've spent a considerable deal of time converting an old a6130n into a semi-functional box for hosting purposes. That said, I'm not entirely sure how it will hold up to any...stressful tasks, such as running a Minecraft server.

Now, as you've probably guessed, what I'm asking here is that when or if you have the time today, please do attempt to log in to iones.no-ip.org. I will be tracking RAM and CPU usage throughout the day, however some feedback regarding how lag affects anyone who choose to participate would also be very much appreciated.

Thanks What a Face
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Addeptis
Recruit
Recruit
Chapter Master Addeptis

Location : Probably being eaten bye tyranids on a unknown planet.

Iones stress test Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iones stress test   Iones stress test Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 10:35 am

Win i get back from school i be more then happy to help you out tiel.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

Iones stress test Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iones stress test   Iones stress test Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 10:46 am

On a positive note I can conform I was able to establish a connection with the server, on a negative note this connection didn't last long Razz (java.lang.NullPointerException) , what version of minecraft do you run ?
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

Iones stress test Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iones stress test   Iones stress test Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 11:33 am

That's a matter of some consternation for me. I have the thing set up to use the Mcmyadmin control panel, however said CP is a bit confused about versions and such. It should be running on vanilla 1.4.2, but it also may be 1.3.2 on account of Craftbukkit, even though I made every effort to uninstall said server mod through the panel.

The last time I checked it claimed to be running on 1.3.2, and my attempts to connect via client confirm that. It is great that you were able to establish a connection, though, I'd been wondering whether my attempts at port forwarding had any margin of success. If you would, though, re-attempt the connection one or two times when you can find the time and move around a bit before it cuts out? That way I can roughly estimate how the server will perform with more players on Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

Iones stress test Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iones stress test   Iones stress test Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 11:45 am

Negative on connection now : "Connection time out: connect" ...
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

Iones stress test Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iones stress test   Iones stress test Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 11:48 am

Well, that ain't good :/

e: Mcmyadmin isn't giving anything worthwhile out. I'll have to assume that it's being a snide little brat right now so...I guess it will need to be fixed when I can access it physically this afternoon (kinky?)

Thank you for trying though!
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

Iones stress test Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iones stress test   Iones stress test Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 5:50 pm

Server back up.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

Iones stress test Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iones stress test   Iones stress test Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 10:41 pm

Updated to the development build of 1.4.2

Supposedly there's a ton of fixes to the netcode in it.
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

Iones stress test Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iones stress test   Iones stress test Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 9:01 am

Are you going to host a PvP server on it, or is it a test for something else?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Iones stress test Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iones stress test   Iones stress test Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iones stress test
Page 1 of 1