Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Presidential Debates

Go down 
+13
Captain stufuzzycat
ACH0225
Tau
Avenger_7
Keon
fr0stbyte124
torrentialAberration
GLaDOS
hyperlite
The Schmetterling
Iv121
Soul of Jack
Tiel+
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

Presidential Debates - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Presidential Debates   Presidential Debates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 9:30 am

Tiel wrote:
fr0stbyte124 wrote:
The constitution is vague on whether Texas has the right to secede or not, but it doesn't matter because no one in Texas's government is serious about trying.

I started looking up figures to debunk some of these other myths, but decided just to link stuff instead. In some circles this is considered social networking, and can be exchanged for fake internet points.

@Zeonet
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/post/where-obama-and-romney-stand-on-gun-control/2012/07/20/gJQAwMpNyW_blog.html
TLDR: Obama was never anti-gun. Romney used to be until he started campaigning and now tries to hide the fact. It is working because Republicans only see what they want to see.

@Iv121
http://www.epi.org/publication/ib343-obama-romney-job-growth/
TLDR: Obama's economic policy is meh, but Romney's will devastate the economy. You'd probably feel the impact even over there in Israel.
Additionally my taxes, and the majority of Americans, aren't raising at all under Obama. Health care is more affordable and accessible to more people, student loans have lower interest rates, and people on welfare have a much easier time finding employment. All that while the congress republicans were making it their job to ensure he had no political wins, to the point of sabotaging their own goddamn bills.
The idea that conservatives are better with budgets is a myth. The current batch is morons with no plans for the future, but whom are starting to realize just how much crap they can get away with saying and still have people believe them.

Please come to my school and debate the crap out of my conservative indoctrinator history teacher.

Do that yourself.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Presidential Debates   Presidential Debates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 12:49 pm

Oh no. He knows not to call on me. I'm the only one in the class that'll offer an opposing opinion.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Presidential Debates   Presidential Debates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 3:40 pm

Tiel wrote:
Oh no. He knows not to call on me. I'm the only one in the class that'll offer an opposing opinion.

Is this allowed for your teachers to present their political views in class ?
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Presidential Debates   Presidential Debates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 3:41 pm

Nope.

He does it anyway, sublimely at the very least tongue
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Presidential Debates   Presidential Debates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 4:32 pm

Wear a badge with a hammer and sickle, and say you are a communist, then present communist ideals to the clutch. See if the instructor has a heart attack.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Presidential Debates   Presidential Debates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 10:38 pm

Round 2 happened today, with the Vice Presidents.

I gotta say Biden won.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Presidential Debates   Presidential Debates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 1:21 am

That's because this is an election, and the winner isn't decided on a point system.

This seems particularly relevant.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Presidential Debates   Presidential Debates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 1:29 am

Yep this is politics ....
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Presidential Debates   Presidential Debates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 7:47 am

Elections should be decided by having both candidates stand up on different boxes. Then, people throw eggs at them, and the first one to be knocked off the box loses. People 'vote' by choosing which candidate to throw at. If everyone's thrown all their eggs and they're both still up there, the people are given rocks. This would be a much more interesting way.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Presidential Debates   Presidential Debates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 8:03 am

Yes, because throwing projectiles at the people willing to take on this responsibility is the very foundation of a civilized government, correct?
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Presidential Debates   Presidential Debates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 9:33 am

Tiel wrote:
Yes, because throwing projectiles at the people willing to take on this responsibility is the very foundation of a civilized government, correct?

Ask the Japanese I heard they go mortal combat in their parliament daily Razz .
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

PostSubject: Re: Presidential Debates   Presidential Debates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 9:39 am

Great idea, they should switch over immediately, starting with this election.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Presidential Debates   Presidential Debates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 12:43 pm

Tiel wrote:
If all candidates knew beforehand that running for president would involve being egged by large numbers of people, you'd have a lot fewer assholes running for office pretty much because there's no reason not to.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Presidential Debates   Presidential Debates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 1:23 pm

The whole reason people run is because they think they know what's right for the country, with the full knowledge the perpetual stress will likely reduce their lifespan a decade.

You have no right to refer to these people as assholes, especially seeing as you're not American.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Presidential Debates   Presidential Debates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 2:42 pm

Tiel wrote:
The whole reason people run is because they think they know what's right for the country, with the full knowledge the perpetual stress will likely reduce their lifespan a decade.

You have no right to refer to these people as assholes, especially seeing as you're not American.

No because people naturally want power , and money. Being a president is not exactly living on the minimum you know ... the time of presidents with ideals have long passed. Usually you can say such about the founders of your countries because in the beginning you are kinda making the country for those ideals and there was no money to take anyway . Our first prime minister died in a small settlement in the desert in a small house with 4 rooms because he believed in settling the Israeli deserts in the south.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Presidential Debates   Presidential Debates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 4:30 pm

Our primary founders were given every burial rite we offer.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Presidential Debates   Presidential Debates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 5:39 pm

Neither Biden nor Ryan is what I would consider "smart", but Biden did exactly what he needed to do after the presidential debate. As someone else who can vote (in my country, at least) I completely agree with the views fr0st has posted.

I think leadership needs to be decided on a "yo' momma" contest. The loser gets shot.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Presidential Debates   Presidential Debates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 6:15 pm

Tiel wrote:
1. That's an assumption. I have very intentionally never said anything about that one way or another. The same goes for any other country you might name.

2. You can really watch this debate and not come to the conclusion that both sides need a good whack with a two-by-four?
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Presidential Debates   Presidential Debates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 6:21 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
Tiel wrote:
1. That's an assumption. I have very intentionally never said anything about that one way or another. The same goes for any other country you might name.

2. You can really watch this debate and not come to the conclusion that both sides need a good whack with a two-by-four?

"You americans" is a term you've used on Steam several times, which makes absolutely no sense in any context if you are one.

I can see this debate and make a note of the points each candidate and their lieutenant is bringing up. Honestly, the people who just go and say "hurr durr politics sux" are the scum of this nation, as people fought and died for our right to choose who's in charge and what direction this country takes.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Presidential Debates   Presidential Debates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 7:52 pm

Tiel wrote:
"You americans" is a term you've used on Steam several times, which makes absolutely no sense in any context if you are one.
Who says it has to make sense? As Vergere said, "Everything I tell you is a lie. You will find no truth in me." The direct, intended purpose is that you have no idea where I am. I'm not trying to argue one side or the other here; that would defeat the purpose. Bear in mind that if I ever did say something that seems to imply I'm from somewhere or not from somewhere, there's an excellent chance that I'm intentionally confusing the issue. I switch pretty randomly between spelling things the American way and the British way, sometimes several times in the same post. I use phrasing that implies things that aren't necessarily the case. I make references to things that happen all over the place.

tl;dr: The depths of my paranoia are such that attempting to wrap your brain around them will very quickly result in raving madness. It's like game theory, but more so, because infinitely nested paradoxes are praise unto Bel-Shamharoth. Also, Big Brother is watching you.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Presidential Debates   Presidential Debates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 8:29 pm

Tiel wrote:
people who just go and say "hurr durr politics sux" are the scum of this nation, as people fought and died for our right to choose who's in charge and what direction this country takes.

"If your mother once have promised
you a fancy toy immodest
and she never ever did

Don't be shouting or bad mouthing
as if your mother did it all
what she promised you at times
I'm afraid a living place
on your *** we wont find soon."

Poorly translated "Suggestion" from my old Kids' book. That exactly fits your situation Smile . Your soldiers fought so that your presidents could lie to you as if your tyrant did it all, what he promised you at times, I'm afraid an empty place in your graveyards you won't find.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Presidential Debates   Presidential Debates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 9:40 pm

Sorry to break it to you, tiel, but politics do suck. And the "choice" you have basically involves which politician you want pushing your **** in for the next 4 years, because there's really no one in a position to be a contender who's actually worth voting for. It's the same in Canada. Harper's an asshole, but he's a lot smarter than the alternatives we've been offered...
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Presidential Debates   Presidential Debates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 9:46 pm

Your opinion here is irrelevant, anarchist. This thread is for the current election between Romney and Obama, not your personal political sandbox.
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

PostSubject: Re: Presidential Debates   Presidential Debates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 9:59 pm

Sorry to interrupt your charade Tiel, but his opinion is perfectly valid here as he was replying to an off-topic post that YOU, yes YOU posted. If you're going to bash others about being off topic I suggest you strictly STAY on topic.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Presidential Debates   Presidential Debates - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 10:08 pm

Human politics make me.... For lack of better words, giggle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Presidential Debates   Presidential Debates - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Presidential Debates
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next