Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Share | 
 

 PRESIDENTIAL FUTURE-CRAFT ELECTION

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

WHO WINS?
The President of the United States of America, whose name will be listed by schoolchildren for hundreds of years
50%
 50% [ 12 ]
Loser whose name will be forgotten within a decade
33%
 33% [ 8 ]
Loser whose name we've forgotten already
8%
 8% [ 2 ]
Other loser whose name we've forgotten already
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Yet another loser whose name we've forgotten already
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Random Star Wars person whose name will be remembered only by otherwise-friendless nerds
8%
 8% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 24
 

AuthorMessage
Dux Tell31
Recruit
Recruit
avatar

Posts : 378
Join date : 2012-01-05
Location : That is out of the question

PostSubject: PRESIDENTIAL FUTURE-CRAFT ELECTION   Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:44 pm

VOTE!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 3075
Join date : 2012-01-17
Location : Hahahaha.

PostSubject: Re: PRESIDENTIAL FUTURE-CRAFT ELECTION   Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:18 pm


_________________
fr0stbyte124 wrote:
You know, I was thinking we should have a 3D crafting grid for complex recipes, but Kielaran is right: why have three dimensions when you can have six? Truly I don't know how we ever got by with a measly two.


Mackeroth? wrote:
Now, if Fr0stbyte wrote that, someone would make a sig, guaranteed. So what are you going to do now?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Last_Jedi_Standing
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 3033
Join date : 2012-02-19
Age : 105
Location : Coruscant

PostSubject: Re: PRESIDENTIAL FUTURE-CRAFT ELECTION   Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:27 pm

Oh no. No no no no no. This is a bad idea. In fact, this is such a bad idea that I'm thinking about stickying it as an example of a bad idea. Threads that are about nothing but politics are just flame wars waiting to happen.

_________________
Spoiler:
 

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 3075
Join date : 2012-01-17
Location : Hahahaha.

PostSubject: Re: PRESIDENTIAL FUTURE-CRAFT ELECTION   Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:55 pm

Unlocked. Does not violate rules to discuss politics in the Off Topic Section.

_________________
fr0stbyte124 wrote:
You know, I was thinking we should have a 3D crafting grid for complex recipes, but Kielaran is right: why have three dimensions when you can have six? Truly I don't know how we ever got by with a measly two.


Mackeroth? wrote:
Now, if Fr0stbyte wrote that, someone would make a sig, guaranteed. So what are you going to do now?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Last_Jedi_Standing
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 3033
Join date : 2012-02-19
Age : 105
Location : Coruscant

PostSubject: Re: PRESIDENTIAL FUTURE-CRAFT ELECTION   Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:21 pm

I didn't say it violated the rules. I said it was a bad idea. I'll let this go for now, but when it becomes a flame war (And it will!), remember that I warned you.

_________________
Spoiler:
 

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry
avatar

Posts : 671
Join date : 2012-03-12
Location : In the Baile System.

PostSubject: Re: PRESIDENTIAL FUTURE-CRAFT ELECTION   Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:25 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
I didn't say it violated the rules. I said it was a bad idea. I'll let this go for now, but when it becomes a flame war (And it will!), remember that I warned you.

Yea,Yea,Yea.LJS I know it will to but for it isn't lets see where this goes ok?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grand Imperial Thunder
Infantry
Infantry


Posts : 714
Join date : 2012-01-31
Location : Saturday is awesome.

PostSubject: Re: PRESIDENTIAL FUTURE-CRAFT ELECTION   Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:55 pm

I don't see my choice of Vermin Supreme.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dux Tell31
Recruit
Recruit
avatar

Posts : 378
Join date : 2012-01-05
Location : That is out of the question

PostSubject: Re: PRESIDENTIAL FUTURE-CRAFT ELECTION   Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:59 pm

Jack Root wrote:
Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
I didn't say it violated the rules. I said it was a bad idea. I'll let this go for now, but when it becomes a flame war (And it will!), remember that I warned you.

Yea,Yea,Yea.LJS I know it will to but for it isn't lets see where this goes ok?

Its just a mock election, I just want to see if we choose the guy that actually wins IRL.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 1237
Join date : 2011-12-07
Age : 21
Location : Look up.

PostSubject: Re: PRESIDENTIAL FUTURE-CRAFT ELECTION   Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:51 am

Oh no..


Flame suits! Get to cover!

I agree with LJS, bad idea.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 5497
Join date : 2012-02-20
Age : 20
Location : AFK

PostSubject: Re: PRESIDENTIAL FUTURE-CRAFT ELECTION   Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:56 am

Not a bad idea. We could host a mock election on the forums.

Not the purpose of the thread, but since Obama already won surely the topic could be adjusted if the majority agrees?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iv121
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2396
Join date : 2012-02-05
Age : 22
Location : -> HERE ! <-

PostSubject: Re: PRESIDENTIAL FUTURE-CRAFT ELECTION   Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:22 pm

Even here Obama leads with 2 votes ... so how many electors do we have here ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 996
Join date : 2012-03-08
Age : 19
Location : Somewhere the government won't find me.

PostSubject: Re: PRESIDENTIAL FUTURE-CRAFT ELECTION   Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:28 pm

Why the hell did Obama have to win? we are like 15 trillion dollars in debt cuz he tripled it. If we get above 20 trillion in debt, the country is sure to go bankrupt. Romney might not have fixed it but he wouldn't have made it worse.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.thecraftersmakevideos.webs.com
Ivan2006
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2096
Join date : 2012-05-08
Age : 19
Location : The Dungeon.

PostSubject: Re: PRESIDENTIAL FUTURE-CRAFT ELECTION   Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:08 pm

Commander Shane Kobialka wrote:
Why the hell did Obama have to win? we are like 15 trillion dollars in debt cuz he tripled it. If we get above 20 trillion in debt, the country is sure to go bankrupt. Romney might not have fixed it but he wouldn't have made it worse.

Well I think Obama would be a very good president for the US, he only has bad luck with the time he got elected.
He now has to end a war, give the US a working social system and try to somehow fix the economy all at once while these goals conflict with each other.
I think he´s doing a pretty good job if you consider that.

About the social system, it´s mainly about Social Liberalism, which is supposed to prevent people from falling into the debt trap, like it sadly happened to most Americans when they got a serious illness before Obama made his public health insurance reality.
Social Liberalism also is the reason Europe has a better Gini coefficient than the US.

Not saying you´re in any way worse than we europeans, but you gotta admit that our system happens to work better and thus most people over here like Obama planning to apply the same system to the US.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iv121
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2396
Join date : 2012-02-05
Age : 22
Location : -> HERE ! <-

PostSubject: Re: PRESIDENTIAL FUTURE-CRAFT ELECTION   Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:19 pm

Yea your system is the reason you're swarming with Muslims now Razz (No racism, it's up to you to decide if you like it or not but it's a fact )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 5497
Join date : 2012-02-20
Age : 20
Location : AFK

PostSubject: Re: PRESIDENTIAL FUTURE-CRAFT ELECTION   Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:20 pm

Commander Shane Kobialka wrote:
Why the hell did Obama have to win? we are like 15 trillion dollars in debt cuz he tripled it. If we get above 20 trillion in debt, the country is sure to go bankrupt. Romney might not have fixed it but he wouldn't have made it worse.

Please don't try to assert things you know nothing about Smile

The United States has been in debt since the Revolutionary War when we took all those loans from France. That culminated in the Great Depression, but since then our country has been borrowing more and more. Obama's administration has been attempting to balance it out but can in no way be blamed for any increases in the national debt, if anything they've been slowing it down to the best of their ability.

Frankly, we've yet to see Obama's changes take full effect. He's had one term setting up the foundation. He surely deserves another to see them through and provide results, not have a Republican take the Presidency and tear it all down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 1237
Join date : 2011-12-07
Age : 21
Location : Look up.

PostSubject: Re: PRESIDENTIAL FUTURE-CRAFT ELECTION   Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:45 pm

Having studied the U.S. government a bit, the really big issue is a simple one. Both political parties are very much right-wing.

I offer comparison. In Canada, the NDP is our most left-wing party. The Liberals run slightly left of center, and the Conservatives are just that, somewhere off to the right. The most lefty group in the states is roughly even with Canada's Conservatives.

You see the issue? Socialism, debt, and Romney notwithstanding, the orientation of the U.S. government has always been something of an issue. (eg. You have no universal health care.)

Freedom! Wonderful thing, but it runs both ways. free to reap the benefits of society, also free to suffer the consequences.


Please don't flame this, I'm merely offering objective comparison.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 5497
Join date : 2012-02-20
Age : 20
Location : AFK

PostSubject: Re: PRESIDENTIAL FUTURE-CRAFT ELECTION   Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:49 pm

That's anything but objective Error, but I'll leave it at that. Canada is much more socialist than the US of A, but that's not necessarily a bad thing, something the load of rednecks down here don't seem to realize.

Anyway, I voted Libertarian because Borsk is a massive jerk.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Last_Jedi_Standing
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 3033
Join date : 2012-02-19
Age : 105
Location : Coruscant

PostSubject: Re: PRESIDENTIAL FUTURE-CRAFT ELECTION   Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:51 pm

Tiel wrote:
Anyway, I voted Libertarian because Borsk is a massive jerk.
Yeah. He really ran the NR into the ground during the YV War. About the only good thing you can say about him is the suicide bomb at the Battle of Coruscant, and even that's kinda questionable. He missed Tsavong Lah.

_________________
Spoiler:
 

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ivan2006
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2096
Join date : 2012-05-08
Age : 19
Location : The Dungeon.

PostSubject: Re: PRESIDENTIAL FUTURE-CRAFT ELECTION   Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:57 pm

Tiel wrote:
Canada is much more socialist than the US of A, but that's not necessarily a bad thing, something the load of rednecks down here don't seem to realize.

Well, I agree, socialism isn´t always bad, actually it has been proven on the example of Europe that the best working variant is a mix of Left and Right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iv121
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2396
Join date : 2012-02-05
Age : 22
Location : -> HERE ! <-

PostSubject: Re: PRESIDENTIAL FUTURE-CRAFT ELECTION   Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:08 pm

As it is always the case, the problem is to find the balance, too much socialism and you end up like Greece. It's a privilege of wealthy countries, a status the US is slowly losing. It will be funny if we eventually move to china due to social rights Razz (Doubt it couse of the regime there)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 826
Join date : 2012-05-02
Age : 18
Location : At my computer, pwning s*** up with my warfrigate

PostSubject: Re: PRESIDENTIAL FUTURE-CRAFT ELECTION   Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:09 pm

Anyway, Romney was an idiot about things like environment. The world is giggling with happiness that he didn't get elected, because he would have destroyed a lot of stuff the earth needs. And that's just environment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shiva
Admin
avatar

Posts : 488
Join date : 2011-08-30
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: PRESIDENTIAL FUTURE-CRAFT ELECTION   Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:47 pm

I don't much like either of them. They're both fools, but at least the Republican Senate and House majorities will keep Obama from making us a socialist country (which would be a bad thing. Why? Show me one place in the world it's actually, legitimately working, other than China.)

_________________
Velocitas eradico; At terminatio velocitas, celeritas occidit.
AVE IMPERIATUS FERRUM,
AVE IMPERATOR.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://futurecraft.forumotion.com
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 3075
Join date : 2012-01-17
Location : Hahahaha.

PostSubject: Re: PRESIDENTIAL FUTURE-CRAFT ELECTION   Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:01 pm

Shiva wrote:
I don't much like either of them. They're both fools, but at least the Republican Senate and House majorities will keep Obama from making us a socialist country (which would be a bad thing. Why? Show me one place in the world it's actually, legitimately working, other than China.)

I don't know, Canada?

_________________
fr0stbyte124 wrote:
You know, I was thinking we should have a 3D crafting grid for complex recipes, but Kielaran is right: why have three dimensions when you can have six? Truly I don't know how we ever got by with a measly two.


Mackeroth? wrote:
Now, if Fr0stbyte wrote that, someone would make a sig, guaranteed. So what are you going to do now?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
avatar

Posts : 727
Join date : 2012-06-20
Age : 104
Location : omnipresent

PostSubject: Re: PRESIDENTIAL FUTURE-CRAFT ELECTION   Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:01 pm

Must resist... admin... argument...
(catsonmeth explodes)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 3075
Join date : 2012-01-17
Location : Hahahaha.

PostSubject: Re: PRESIDENTIAL FUTURE-CRAFT ELECTION   Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:07 pm

Fleet Admiral Error wrote:
Having studied the U.S. government a bit, the really big issue is a simple one. Both political parties are very much right-wing.

I offer comparison. In Canada, the NDP is our most left-wing party. The Liberals run slightly left of center, and the Conservatives are just that, somewhere off to the right. The most lefty group in the states is roughly even with Canada's Conservatives.

You see the issue? Socialism, debt, and Romney notwithstanding, the orientation of the U.S. government has always been something of an issue. (eg. You have no universal health care.)

Freedom! Wonderful thing, but it runs both ways. free to reap the benefits of society, also free to suffer the consequences.


Please don't flame this, I'm merely offering objective comparison.

Do you guys get tea-party style dudes, or what is your most-right-wing-iest party?

_________________
fr0stbyte124 wrote:
You know, I was thinking we should have a 3D crafting grid for complex recipes, but Kielaran is right: why have three dimensions when you can have six? Truly I don't know how we ever got by with a measly two.


Mackeroth? wrote:
Now, if Fr0stbyte wrote that, someone would make a sig, guaranteed. So what are you going to do now?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: PRESIDENTIAL FUTURE-CRAFT ELECTION   

Back to top Go down
 
PRESIDENTIAL FUTURE-CRAFT ELECTION
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Ten Ways to Make Peace With the Past and Create a New Future
» Future Forward Game Changer Award 2011
» UK election fever (mild one), with a joke at the end
» The Zimmer Files: The Future of Combating Crime
» Review: Poker Dice Solitaire Future (Wii U eshop)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: General Area :: Off-Topic Area-
Jump to: